• Published 2nd Mar 2016
  • 3,829 Views, 157 Comments

March-makers - ObabScribbler



A collection of one-shots based around pairings randomly chosen by spinning the Wheel of Shipping.

  • ...
12
 157
 3,829

PreviousChapters Next
Day 19: Discord/Sunset Shimmer (comedy/action)

Title: Discord Stole the Title

Pairing: Discord/Sunset Shimmer


“Are you sure about this?”

Twilight ducked under a branch and kept running. “Yes!” She shouted her reply over her shoulder, not breaking stride. “Separation is the only known cure!”

“You know you have wings, right?”

“I know, but you don’t!”

Sunset scaled a boulder with the help of inertia and leapt off, hitting the dirt hard. She picked herself up and fought to keep up with the galloping princess.

“Why can’t we just teleport away?”

“Because a ‘port takes you through a microverse for a few seconds and that’s where he lives.”

“What?”

“Trust me. You don’t want to teleport.” Twilight’s horn glowed, slashing at some low-hanging vines in her path. “It’s not far now. She’ll know what to do.”

“But she doesn’t even know me!”

“She knows enough from what I’ve told her. She’ll help. Plus, she’s the expert.”

“I knew this was a bad idea! I knew I shouldn’t have come back! If we die, this is all on you convincing me to come back to Equestria! I hope you know that!”

“Now is not the time for snark, Sunset!”

“It’s always time for sna-”

A puff of light erupted before them. The forest began to uncoil, colours slithering along bark and leaf. Newly polka-dotted plants reached for their hooves as they passed. A tree leaned down and grabbed for them. Sunset skidded, trying to make a hairpin turn and miscalculating totally. She slewed into the candyfloss tree’s grip and its sugary wooden fingers closed around her whole body.

“Twilight!” On instinct she tried to ignite her horn, but it had been too long. What had once come so naturally to her was so unpractised that her whole skull pulsed in rebellion. Sunset’s front legs buckled and she nearly fell over as she was hoisted into the air.

“I’m coming!” Twilight flared her wings and soared up after her. “Put her down! Ngg!” Blasts of magic came easily for her and she used them to devastating effect. The tree let out a groan like a wounded animal and tried to fend her off – letting go of Sunset in the process.

“Gaaaaaaaaaah! Not helping! Not helping!”

“Sunset!” Twilight dived to catch her.

But it wasn’t Twilight who made it first.

Another puff of magic erupted. Sunset found herself suddenly embraced by a lion’s paw and griffin’s claw. She stared up into the mismatched face, her own mouth agape.

“Playing hard to get, are we?” Discord wagged a finger. “Naughty, naughty.” He brought his face down, giving her an up close and personal view of his heart-shaped irises. “Good thing I like naughty.”

“Oh crap,” Sunset trembled. “Crap, crap, crap! You definitely weren’t a thing when I left.”

“Discord! Let her go!” Twilight demanded.

“I’m not going to hurt her!”

“You’re not in full control of your actions right now.” Twilight hovered mere feet away. “You accidentally drank the love potion Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo made for their science fair.”

“Pshaw. That was just grape juice. And I stole it fair and square while they weren’t looking.” Discord rolled his eyes. They turned eerie circles in his skull. Their irises did not change shape though. “Like some two-bit love potion cooked up by a bunch of amateur fillies could affect me.”

“Regardless of what you think, Discord, you have been affected and-”

“And you popped up in front of the portal right as I was coming through it,” Sunset muttered. “Just my luck.”

“We need to keep you two apart for –”

“You’re not keeping us apart!” Discord swept Sunset into a crushing hug. “We’re in love!”

“Grrk! Can’t … breathe …”

Discord glared at Twilight. “You’re just jealous because you can’t get any, bookworm.”

Twilight blinked at him. “Wh-what?”

“Princess of the Frigid North! You’re just green-eyed with envy over what beautiful, dear, wonderful Sunset and I have together.”

“… Help … me…”

“In fact!” He pondered for a half-second, then let go of the gasping mare long enough to click his claws.

Instantly, Twilight cried out and clutched at her face. She fell backwards, lurching drunkenly through the sky. She struck a tree, grunted and plummeted to the ground.

“Twilight!” Sunset wheezed.

“That should keep her busy for a while. Come, my dear! My pocket dimension awaits! I can’t wait to play happy homemakers with you.”

“What? No! Twiligh-”

They disappeared in a click of claws.

….

Twilight hit the forest floor with a thump, still holding her face. She lay for a moment, trying to orient herself, frightened to take her hooves away in case –

“Twilight?”

The steady thump of a pony’s canter signalled an arrival she wished had happened five minutes ago. They had been so close!

“I heard a commotion and … oh my …”

Gingerly, Twilight uncovered her face. Fluttershy’s squeak told her all she needed to know – especially since she could no longer see.

“Twilight …your eyes … they’re … they’re made of … grass!”

“Fluttershy, do you still have that special key spell to Discord’s dimension that he gave you in case of emergencies?”

“Um, yes? B-but he couldn’t have done this –”

“We need to use it. Now.”

“Why?”

“Sunset came for a visit for Princess Celestia’s birthday. It was meant to be a surprise. Now we need to go rescue her from a love-potion-addled Discord.”

Fluttershy paused before responding. “Oh … my …”

PreviousChapters Next