• Published 14th Mar 2016
  • 423 Views, 15 Comments

The Final Push - ShadyAwesomeness



For five years, there has been nothing but pain, suffering, and death. As the war is coming near to an end, the mane six have one last mission before they all return home: Retake Canterlot.

  • ...
1
 15
 423

A New Member and Painful Memories

Rainbow Dash (POV)
Walking towards the barracks, I couldn't help but glare in anger. Not only that Chrysalis is planning to use her plans to attack Ponyville and nuke Canterlot, but couldn't believe that a Changeling is going to help my friends. It's almost as if I thinks he's trying to trick the princess just so he could kill her the second he'll get the chance. It's almost if could just walk up to him and just give him a good old knock out in his face.

Trying to control my anger, I walked over to the barracks where I spotted Fluttershy coming out of the room.

"Yo Fluttershy!" I called out trying to get her attention. She shot her head up if to think I was going to hurt her.

"Oh, hi Rainbow Dash." she said quietly as she hides her face behind her long pink mane.

"So, guess we have a new recruit with us huh." I said.

"Um, y-yes I guess we do." she said quietly.

"But seriously, why does it have to be a changeling?" I said with anger. "I don't trust not one bit of him!"

For a moment Fluttershy didn't say anything but gently shifting her hooves. It's almost if she's trying to hid something.

"Uh Fluttershy, are you alright?" I asked with concern. She then moved her head up facing me.

"Oh, um I mean, yes, I uh, listen Rainbow Dash, I need to get going, Applejack is looking for me." she said before taking off.

Before I could've said anything, she was gone. Sometimes that pegasus can be really quiet sometimes.

As I made my way inside the barracks, I still can't get over the fact that a changeling will be aiding us. I still can't believe that princess Celestia even gave the young changeling a chance to live too. Yet I can see from the look on his eyes that he looks eager to help us. Something tells me that maybe not all changelings are evil.

Sure I've come across a ton of captured changelings being sent to prison camps were there are to afraid to die there. But still, I don't trust one single changeling, even if they are begging for mercy.

Maybe except this one.

As I got to barracks, I found a number of letters and what it appears to be a picture of my parents lying on bed. Before I could even look at one of the letters, I grabbed the photo in my hooves and brought it close to me.

It's been two years since I last seen them. Both my mom and dad suddenly vanished in a blink of an eye. I made a promise to myself that when this war is over, I will find them. Dead or alive, I would bring them back onto my hooves. I can remember clearly when my hometown Cloudsdale was under siege by the changeling army.

I even remembered how we got separated.....

Five years ago...

"Everypony get off the streets and take shelter!" yelled out a Royal guard.

Everywhere, I see Pegasus flying crazy trying to find enough supplies and seeking shelter. It's pretty crazy to hear that the changelings are planning on taking over Equestria, especially Cloudsdale. I made my way running towards my parents house. The changelings could be here any second and I have to get my parents. I glad to know that Scootaloo is safe with Applejack along with her friends.

As I made my way to front door of my parents house, an explosion was heard behind me. When I turned my head, from the distance, a see an army of changelings making their way into the city of Cloudsdale. As much as I want to go back and help, I need to get my parents first. I knocked on the door so hard that the it open revealing my dad.

"Rainbow Dash, what are you doing here?" he asked in fear.

"Hey dad listen, get mom and come with me!" she says in panic.

"Why?" he asked me in a confused look.

I basically looked at him if he were to tell me a question that I for some reason know.

"Dad look around, do you not see changelings up in the skies!" I yelled.

He looked up when he noticed that the skies were filled with changelings and that everywhere the entire city of Cloudsdale is on fire.

"Ch- Changings!?" he said in a shocked voice.

Just then I spotted my mom coming outside in a panic look.

"Oh my Celestia honey what's going on?" she asked worried.

My dad quickly turned around and ran toward my mom holding her hoof tightly.

"Firefly get your stuff, Cloudsdale is under attack!" he said panicking to.

My mom quickly looked at me and shocked to me there.

"Rainbow Dash!" she exclaimed running towards me. I ran up to her and we both quickly hugged each other before breaking out hug.

"Mom get your stuff, we need to get out here!" I said while pointing to what's going on.

"What's going on?" she asked now looking scared.

"The changelings are back and are about to attack all of Equestria!" I said.

She then looked at me in a expression as if I were lying.

"But, but that's impossible!" she said. "I thought you and your friends defeated them!"

"Yeah well their back and queen Chrysalis is back and now wants to take over all of Equestria!" I said.

Before she could reacted or anything, an explosion was heard from the distance which made us looked.

"Honey, we need to leave now!" I heard my dad telling my mom.

Just then out of nowhere, an explosion was heard but this time, it hit my parents home. We all decked out on the ground in cover as another explosion suddenly hit the house again.

"Oh my goodness, our house!" my dad yelled in horror.

Just then, two royal guards came to us in uniforms looking panicked as well as my parents.

"What are you folks doing out here!?" one of them asked.

"Yeah, you all need to get out of here!" the other guard said. I quickly got up and ran towards them

"Please can you help us, take my parents down to the Ponyville train station!"

Present Day.....
Ever since that day, I just hoped that they're safe. From the moment the royal guards send her away, I could only assume that they'd be at least safe.

Now that it's been five years, I have not heard anything from them since. I even can't get the images of my parents being captured and tortured from the changelings out of my head. I should try and stay more focus on our task by helping as many ponies as we could.

We've lost so many that I couldn't bare to watch the ones alive suffer. Like two years ago when me and my friends were securing a destroyed building in Cloudsdale, I came across a dying young filly pegasus holding a picture on what it seems to be her parents. I could've sworn I shed a tear or two as I witnessed that horrible sight.

I only hoped that I make it to the Ponyville hospital in time to help the poor filly. But she died before we could've make it there in time.

Ever since that day, I made a solemn promise to myself that I'd protect my friends no matter what, especially Scootaloo. I didn't want to lose her or any of their friends. Now that they all got their cutie marks, I could only hope to keep them alive no matter what.

Now that we got a new member in our team, I just hope that he would help us end this war.

Author's Note:

And we're down to more depressing stuff. See y'all in the next chapter! Peace!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment