• Published 25th Apr 2020
  • 284 Views, 7 Comments

King of the Court - KingYakko5991



Lightning is a self proclaimed basketball prodigy and the new guy at CHS. Not only does he earn a spot on the school's basketball team, but he has his heart set on a certain fiery haired girl as well.

  • ...
 7
 284

Old Friendly Faces

Crystal and I head out of the locker room to get ready to head on over to lunch. We barely get moving before he nudges me, probably to say something. “Hey, Lightning, I really don’t mean to like ditch you or anything, but my table at lunch is kinda full at the moment. But I can help you find some place to sit, if you’d like.” Oh, that’s it?

“Oh, it’s fine dude,” I reply. “I’ll figure something out.”

“You sure, man?”

“Yeah, positive.”

“Alright then. I’ll see you around, man.” Crystal goes down a different hallway, probably to go to his locker or something, but I keep heading towards the cafeteria. It takes me a bit to remember exactly where it’s at, but I get there within a reasonable amount of time. I see the entrance to the cafeteria and make my way over when suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Sunset Shimmer of all people behind me giving me a warm smile. “Oh, hey Sunset,” I say to her.

“Hey Lightning. I’m guessing you don’t have a place to sit at lunch?” I just shake my head no in response. “Well, don’t worry. You can sit with me and my friends if you’d like, there’s still a few open seats.”

“That sounds great! Thanks,” I say quickly. There’s no way I’m passing up this opportunity. To get to sit with Sunset Shimmer during lunch everyday? It most likely isn’t the opportunity of a lifetime, or nearly as big a deal as I’m making it out to be to myself, but it sure as hell does feel that way. I just hope that I don’t make an idiot of myself in front of her friends or give off a bad first impression or something like that. I’m sure I’m just overthinking everything and I’ll be alright. Probably.

We head into the cafeteria and grab our trays to throw some slop on. Well, I say that, but honestly the food looks pretty edible, which is leagues better than what most other high schools have to offer. We pick out our food and head out into the big open area where all the tables are. I follow Sunset in presumably what is the general direction of where her table, which seems to be in the back across from these big doors. I soon figure out which table we’re heading towards, since a few of the girls facing our way start to smile and wave when they see Sunset.

The girls notice me walking with her and then start to chat and giggle amongst one another. Oh boy, this should be interesting. But then, one of the girls facing away from us turns around to see, but her eyes go wide when she looks at me. She immediately gets up and starts heading in our direction. As she gets closer, I notice that there’s something distinctly familiar about her. Maybe it’s her white face, or her purple coiffed hair. Or maybe it’s those deep blue eyes of hers… Wait…

Before I even get the chance to say anything to the girl, she’s already thrown her arms around me, taking both me and Sunset by surprise. Wait a minute… “R-Rarity?” I manage to stutter out. The girl just responds by hugging me even tighter, confirming that it really is her. Of course, I immediately put my one free arm around her, hugging her back while also trying not to drop my lunch or something like that. After a bit, we finally release each other, but I’m just standing in shock. “It’s really you!” I manage.

“Mm-hm,” she nods in response. “I really missed you, darling.” She says, speaking in that Transatlantic accent of hers. I missed her too, really. I just can’t believe I’m seeing her again. I stand there in just shock, my mouth open just a little bit, I’m completely incapable of finding any other words to say. She’s just like I remember seeing her all those years ago, smile and all. Sunset then steps in, probably to break the awkward silence.

“So, I take it you two know each other already?”

“Huh? Oh yeah,” I shake my head out of the, whatever that was. A trance I guess? The girls resume walking over to the table, so I follow. “You see, back in middle school, we used to, uh, ya know...” Suddenly it becomes difficult for me to speak again.

“Lighting and I used to date back in middle school, before I moved here.” Rarity finished, blushing a little.

“Yeah, that.” I say, blushing myself.

“Oh, I see.” Sunset says as we reach the table. I take the empty seat to her right and Rarity sits across from me. Sunset clears her throat to get the attention of everyone else at the table but as she opens her mouth to speak, someone else speaks up first.

“Oh, hey Blitz,” it’s Rainbow Dash. “Looks like you’re gonna be sitting with us, huh?” She says with a smirk.

“Hey, Rainbow,”I reply. “Looks like i-”

“LIGHTING!” I barely get to finish my sentence before I’m cut off and suddenly find all the air being squeezed out of my lungs. I can’t possibly imagine who that would be.

“Hey Pinkie Pie,” I say, hugging back the enthusiastic pink girl. I look around the table to see if I recognize anyone else from today, and I see Fluttershy off on the other side of the table. “Hi Fluttershy,” I say waving to her. She just smiles and waves in response. There are two other girls at the table, one orange girl with green eyes and a cowboy, or cowgirl I guess, hat covering her blonde hair. And the other is this purple girl with a ponytail and glasses. She has dark blue hair with a magenta and purple highlight. The cowgirl introduces herself as Applejack, speaking with a southern accent. The other girl says her name is Twilight Sparkle. She seems kinda shy, but nowhere near as shy as Fluttershy when I met her outside the school this morning.

“Say,” Applejack says all of a sudden. “Ain’t you in my English class?” She asks me. Honestly, I paid so little attention to who was in that class with me that it’s entirely possible that she was there. I don’t recall seeing her specifically, but it’s not like I was exactly looking for her to begin with.

“Uh, probably,” I say, assuming that if she recognizes me from the class, I was probably there.

“Ms. Hack, 3rd period?”

“Yeah that’s the one.” Guess we do have the same class.

“Well, I’ll have to keep an eye out for you tomorrow,” she says, giving me a wink.

“So Lighting,” Pinkie Pie butts in “You gonna tell us about yourself or am I going to have to pry it out of you?”

“Oh God, not a personality quiz. I suck at these!” I say quickly, earning a couple of giggles from the table. But, I start to tell everyone a little about me, while also finally taking some time to actually eat. Sunset gets really excited when I say I really like to play competitive video games, so I guess that’s one thing we have in common. But yeah we kinda just spend the rest of lunch getting to know each other, or rather I guess the girls learn about me and I learn about them rather than them learning about each other, which is cool.

We all finish our lunches and go to throw out our trash but then Sunset asks me what class I’m headed to next. “Oh, I have a study hall next.”

“Oh hey! So do Rarity, Pinkie and I! Is it with Ms. Cheerilee?”

“Uh, I think so,” I reach for my schedule real quick so that I can double check. “Oh yeah! It is! Awesome!” With that, Sunset, Pinkie, Rarity, and I all wave to the others and head off to study hall. It’s pretty cool that I have it with these three to be honest. Not only do I get to hang out with Rarity and Pinkie Pie, but I also get to spend a little more time with Sunset. I really hope that goes somewhere, but hey, gotta take things one step at a time, right?

Author's Note:

Oh boy we're finally back in action. I originally wanted this chapter to be a little longer and include the study hall, but I felt that it may be better to separate them for coherence and whatnot. So my apologies of this one feels a bit shorter. Anyway hope you guys are enjoying so far, and as always any feedback is appreciated and I'll see you guys in the next one lol :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 1 )

Affordable Uniforms Online offers best uniforms builders for create sports uniforms.

Login or register to comment