• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 9,653 Views, 121 Comments

One Punch Equestria - Iolaus



Kevin wins a contest that lets him use a machine that grants wishes. But the scientist behind its creation put a price on it for him, he must be sent to Equestria when his wish is granted. His wish was to be Saitama from One Punch Man...

  • ...
24
 121
 9,653

Building the Team

The midday sun shined down on a typical busy street in Fillydelphia, the residents of the bustling street went along with their daily routine. Like the other days of the week it was a hot one, but everyone was happy despite the rather uncomfortable weather. The peaceful atmosphere quickly began to disappear when a crack in the concrete ground appeared under the hoof of a random unicorn. The stallion stopped in surprise and glanced down, blinking in confusion.

The crack widened and, without warning, burst open. The unicorn was violently shoved into a nearby building with a surprised cry as a dark figure shot out of the newly made hole. It landed in front of the hole it created and chuckled ominously. Now in full view, the citizens screamed when they saw the monster and panicked. The monster was just over half the height of a Minotaur, hunched over, with black chitin-like armour segmented on its back to allow the monster to bend forward. It's mandibles clicked as it laughed, swiping at any citizen that dared get close to it with its pointy insect legs.

More similar cracks appeared in the street following the first example, with even more of the first’s brethren coming out of the holes. The street was quickly taken over by the insect monsters, ten in total, the various citizens screaming for help as they tried to escape the latest monster attack. Then the middle of the street cracked, a crack even larger than the ones made by the others. The ground trembled as two sharp legs slammed out of the ground and dig themselves into the concrete on the rims of the large hole. A great behemoth of a monster that looked like the other monsters rose out of the hole and stood towering twenty feet over everyone there.

“This pitiful city has been weakened by that blundering oaf that calls himself Lord Three Horns. It is now ripe for the taking,” Boomed the towering figure. “All that is left is for us to take these pathetic creatures as our food and begin our campaign across the world! Let us feast my subjects! For it is now the time of the Crustacean Empire once more! The large monster roared into the sky, as the smaller ones cheered.

The reinvigorated monsters rushed at the few citizens still running away from the street. The larger of the pack laughed maniacally as it watched its minions wipe away the weak prey.

Then, without warning, a building next to one of the small monsters exploded in a raging inferno. The smaller monster yelped more in surprise than pain as its body was immediately consumed in flame, the incineration too quick for any feeling. Two glowing yellow lights shined through the smoking hole of the building. The source of the lights were actually the eyes of someone new, a metallic hoof stepped over some of the fallen rubble and slammed into the ash of the burnt minion. The ash was scattered into the wind and the new figure was still obscured by the smoke.

“Not if I have anything to say about it.” The smoke finally dissipated, revealing the source of the metal limb and voice. An earth pony mare, whose body was almost entirely made of metal, glared at the monsters in the street. Her glowing yellow eyes scanned each hostile in the area, data flooding into her head. She blew away a dirty blonde lock of mane that got into her face.

The new fighter took a step forward and her weapon systems could be heard whirring into life. She glared viciously at the surrounding monsters, “You must die before you can inflict more suffering.”


“That’s right Dianne, there are many explanations about the current heat wave Fillydelphia is experiencing. Some of the more… erhem, radical opinions attribute it to something called ‘Global Warming’. But when the pegasi can-”

Kevin tuned out the news anchorman on the television as he stood in front of the sink in his apartment, doing dishes in his boxers and a plain T-shirt. The earth pony continued to droll on about the boring bit of ‘news’ and Kevin, for one, can not think of a reason as to why the news station actually hired the guy who came up with the segment. The whole thing was way to boring to hold anyone’s attention, Kevin could actually feel his eyes drooping from boredom. He shook his head to clear himself of the drowsiness and went back to scrubbing the plate in his hand with a soaked sponge.

He still didn’t know how shaking his head cleared up his drowsiness but, like many times before, ended up attributing it to becoming an anime character. When you can feel yourself doing an honest to god sweatdrop, not much else can shock you.

“Man, today has been boring. Haven’t had any good monster attacks for a while now.” He muttered as he set the newly cleaned plate on the drying rack. He picked up and bowl and continued his absentminded chore, looking up at the light above the sink, “I wonder if I can get more done when I join the organization…”

Kevin set the bowl on the rack, “Damn, of all the places I had to be sent to, it had to be the one without cars.” He sighed, “At least I’m actually able to do something in this world, I’d hate to think what would happen to me otherwise.”

Kevin dried his hands on a towel and thought about the upcoming hero tests. He was confident that he would pass, he already had the physical part down pat with an extraordinarily overwhelming advantage. But the written would be an actual challenge. Despite not wanting to go through this exam just like Saitama did and end up as a C-class hero, Kevin had to face the fact that he sucked horribly with written exams. He was someone who learned by doing and applied by doing, not writing. He also had no way to study for it either, they keep the exam contents secret until you take them and change it every time a new test was given.

Kevin set the towel back down on the counter and went to go sit down in his small couch. Besides the couch there was a television, its stand, a small table, and a chair that made up the furniture of his new apartment’s living room. He also had a bedroom, a single bathroom, and a kitchen. It was smaller than his apartment back on Earth, less taken care of too, but for now it was all he needed.

Kevin grinned to himself as the thought of moving into a better apartment filled his head, no more cranky old mare and her equally cranky husband bothering him, no more peeling paint that the landlords refused to repaint as to ‘save bits’. No more rats that, no matter how many traps he sets, always steal his food and stare at him in an uncomfortable way.

Life would be good once he actually made it to hero level.

“This just in Dianne!” Kevin looked curiously at the television, interest piqued as the boring news segment suddenly became interesting. “Sleepy Street just came under attack a few minutes ago by a group of insectoid monsters, no pictures or video footage has been released as of now. I only pray to Celestia that nopony has been hurt.”

“Me too Tom, me too.”

Kevin’s features sharpened as he snapped into what he dubbed ‘hero mode’. His costume was soon on his person, the two years of putting it on and off made sure he could do so in his sleep. Slipping his hand into his final glove, Kevin strolled out his apartment door.

“That street isn’t too far from here. It’s time to do a hero’s work!”


A boom roared in the street as the cybernetic pony launched herself in a flying spin kick at the nearest bug monster, striking it hard with a metal hoof. The monster counter by curling into a ball, the hoof struck the hard chitin and sent the monster flying away into a building across the street. The other monsters chuckled darkly.

The metal mare narrowed her eyes and asked, “What?”

As if answering her question the monster she launched across the street uncurled itself from its previous ball like position. Aside from its back looking slightly dirty it looked none the worse for wear.

The cyborg’s vision filled with new data as she analyzed her opponents once more. “I see, your backs have hardened armor. Even that attack with could shatter stone did nothing.”

The monster she attacked laughed, “So you see now?! You can’t possibly w-”

“Very well, it seems I must take this more seriously. I will destroy you all quickly if I must,” the mare said.

On cue two compartments on her back opened up, metallic wings unfurled into place. The lightweight metal feathers, made to resemble the real thing if slightly bigger, had an open end with a bright orange glow emitting from it. The mare did a test flap before holding them out at the ready.

The monster was about to make a retort but was unable to as a hoof buried itself in its stomach. The momentum of the hoof carried the monster with the mare until the hoof that was inside its stomach started glowing.

“W-wait!” The monster started.

The mare wouldn’t have it and screamed, “Incinerate!”

Fire exploded from the hoof of the mare and engulfed the bug monster, soon it was nothing but ash. The others in the area got angry at the loss of their comrade and charged the mare in righteous fury. The mare in response pumped her new wings once before the glow emitting from the feathers increased, she immediately shot forward at the charging enemy.

The mare did a spin kick to another monster that was met with more success, it was hit in the soft underbelly even as it tried to roll up into a ball. The force of the hit sent it flying into another of its brethren. Another tried to swipe at her from behind, her sensors picked up the attack and she acted accordingly. Quickly grabbing the offending appendage in her hooves, she flung the monster away from her.

Ignoring the other monsters her feather lit up and she raced out of the cluster after the thrown enemy. It managed to roll itself into a ball at the last second, catching its fall. The mare wouldn’t have it, she flew just past where the monster stopped its fall and slammed her front hooves together as her back hooves skidded down the pavement. The bottoms of the two hooves opened up to reveal a bright glow as the mare lined up the shot. The foolish monsters didn’t realize the danger they were in as they continued their wannabe zerg rush.

Charged Shot,” the mare muttered under her breath.

Suddenly a fiery beam the width of a carriage rocketed out of her hooves. It didn’t even slow as it touched the first monster, merely tearing through it as if it were paper. The fiery bolt of energy angled down at the group and erupted as it struck the ground. A dome of heat and fire engulfed the attackers, leaving naught but ash behind.

The mare’s hooves detached from each other and closed on the bottom, but having new vents open up on the sides of her forelegs as they steamed. She turned around and glared at the last monster.

“You are the only one left. But that will soon change.”

The big boss laughed, “Tough talk. But you merely killed a few worthless grunts. I am the real deal kid, your little heat trick won’t work on me.”

“We shall see about that,” the mare said as she got into a battle ready stance.

The two combatants rushed forward at an unspoken prompt, the large creature the mare was facing was surprisingly fast. The fighters exchanged blows, both blocking or deflecting the attack of the other in what looked to be a stalemate. The large of the two slowly gained the upper hand however, both seemed to be even in speed but the monster had the strength advantage. The stalemate ended when the mare made a tiny slip up, the monster's eyes flashed and backhanded the mare across the face, sending her flying into an upturned carriage.

The mare slowly got back up and spat to the side in distaste. The monster couldn't help but admire her tenacity, "You're pretty good for an above-grounder. But I'm not even fighting serious right now, so how about you work for me? I could use actual fighters in my army."

"Not a chance, I'm not beaten yet and I will win," The mare ground out.

The mandibles on the monster’s face clicked in amusement, before the imposing figure disappeared from the mare’s sight. She widened her eyes and quickly went to scanning her surroundings. “Impossible, for something of that size to move so quickly?! Where is it?!” Suddenly something in her left peripheral caught her eye and she turned to look at an odd bald creature that randomly turned a corner into the impromptu battlefield.

“Where are you looking?!”

The mare’s eyes widened considerably as she turned to her right and raised a hoof to block the attack. They narrowed back down when the leg of the beast tore through the leg, the tip of the leg sticking out of the fresh hole. She tsked, ashamed of herself, and muttered, “Damn, I let myself become distracted. I mustn’t let this happen again.”

The monster raised the mare into the air, still attached to his leg and shoved another into her stomach before ripping most of her chest out.

“There won’t be an ‘again’ fool!” The monster bellowed as the mare fell back down to the ground.

She closed her eyes as she neared the ground, “I guess I wasn’t meant to deliver justice after all. I’m sorry mother, father, everyone. But...” She opened her eyes and stared into the eyes of the monster in front of her, “I won’t die with my eyes closed like a coward.”

The large monstrosity roared with laughter and swung a leg down at the falling mare, “Good eyes brat!”

The final blow never came as the boss monster exploded away from her with extreme prejudice, the strange creature she saw merely moments before flying forwards. The body had hit a building, the force of the monsters impact obliterating it without any sort of resistance. Its fist was stretched forwards and a look of determination was etched on its face. The cybernetic mare could only watch in fascination as the newcomer paid no heed to the destruction he caused.

The newcomer stared at the long distant bug monster for a few moments, as if lost in thought. After a while he looked down at the mare, he seemed to look at her oddly before shaking his head as if he was getting rid of a thought. Eventually he asked, “You gonna be alright?”

“Yeah...” the mare said after a moment’s pause. “I can get myself fixed up. No need to worry.”

“I see, well good luck with that.”

As he turned to leave back down the street the mare shouted, “Wait!”

The strange creature stopped and looked at her curiously. “What?” he eventually asked.

“Please train me!” she shouted.

Author's Note:

Just like every Rick has a Morty, every Saitama has a Genos.

I'll add another chapter sometime after whenever the final approval for the story into the displaced group is given.