• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 2,720 Views, 116 Comments

The Chaos Within - StapleCactus



Dex, a human of the Solar Guard of Equestria, has more to deal with than ever before.

  • ...
4
 116
 2,720

History Repeats

As Sinis’s laughter died down, darkness swirled around him, enveloping everything within a yard in a haze. His blue fire eyes scanned between the ponies, as if counting them.

“Looks like the gang’s all here!” the man said, drawing his sword from Discord’s corpse. “But wait! Someone seems to be missing!”

The mares looked between themselves confusedly for a few moments. Panacea’s eyes lit up in realization first.

“No! Dex, don’t!” Her response brought fear upon Celestia’s face as the former knight twitched.

“I AM SINIS! DO NOT CALL ME BY THAT NAME!” The man’s bellowing voice shattered windows and forced everypony’s ears to lay flat on their skulls. Luna’s voice followed his own.

“WE SHAN’T CALL THEE ANYTHING BUT DEX!” Whether she was provoking him, or believed Dex to still exist, was uncertain, but her decree only irritated Sinis further.

His seething anger was shown on his black face. The Element bearers cowered beneath his glare as the princesses stood tall against him.

“Keep calling for Dex, but he is gone.” Sinis breathed in deeply, and slowly released the breath and anger. “As a token of respect, I shall grant his final wish.”

Celestia’s determined facade dropped into fear. “Do not do it.” She turned to Twilight and her friends, still shaking as a group behind her. “Prepare the Elements of Harmony, Twilight Sparkle.”

“You have no power over me, Celestia. Belief-”

The elements shone with power, levitating the mares as white light filled Twilight’s eyes.

Death-”

A separate color from each pony collected above them. As they coagulated, a rainbow formed.

“-is not-

The full might of the Elements of Harmony descended upon Sinis. He brought his sword to block the energy and everyone watched as the colors of light were absorbed into it.

“-permanent!”

The sword swung as Sinis snapped his fingers. Stone’s lifeless body appeared in front of the released energy from the sword. When the two objects met, the body was wrapped in the full spectrum of Harmonic light.

“NO!” both princesses screamed.

“You know not what you have done!” Celestia said, her horn alighting as well as her sister’s.

The world shook. Dust fell from the ceiling as the sky turned red beyond the windows. Clouds as dark as a moonless night formed and began to rain neon-green liquid. Red cracks began to form, not on the walls, but in the air itself.

“Thou hast doomed us all!” Luna said, forcing as much power from her body as she could. “Rescind thine belief or all shall perish!”

Stone continued to be contained in the rainbow, blocking anyone from seeing his revival. More splits ran through the air as the storm outside formed a torrent of icy wind. Above the howling monsoon and the ponies frightened cries, Sinis laughed.

“Pure Chaos! Why would I stop this?!”

“This is not Chaos you fool! This is the end of the world! You broke one of the foundations of Order!” Celestia’s voice rang throughout the ruined chamber, attempting to stop Sinis and hold back the end at the same time.

“Tsh, and why should I believe you?”

“Damn it all to Tartarus! Stop trying to revive Stone or we will DIE! The world will CEASE TO EXIST!” The very idea of Celestia's voice sullied by the swear spoke volumes of the coming plight.

The howling winds and quiet whimpers of mortal ponies could be heard as Sinis thought it over. His persistent glare continued as he snapped his fingers and allowed Stone’s body to return to the castle morgue. Celestia and Luna sighed in relief even as the storm didn’t relent. Their horns glowed brighter than before and the cracks slowly faded away from the air.

As soon as the whipping gusts died down, Sinis created a ball of energy and swung his sword through it. The katana quickly absorbed and released the magical forces in a blade of darkness towards the princesses. Distracted as Celestia and Luna were, the guards ran in to protect their charges.

Three sentries blocked the attack with their swords, but the hardened energy was too much to handle. They were slowly pushed back until Sinis commanded the dark wave to explode, tossing the stallions through the air and over the princesses.

A fourth guard timed his attack just as his partners were flung away. He ran up behind the dark man and lunged for the katana in Sinis’ right hand. With exceeding luck, the stallion managed to wrest the weapon away, but was caught by four metallic walls summoned around him.. Using all of his strength, the guard threw the sword over the barriers of his cage and prayed for it to stay out of reach.

Sinis brought a fifth plate of steel on top of the makeshift prison and willed two opposing walls to creep towards each other. A scream pierced the air as Twilight noticed the events occurring. As the man turned to look, he saw another rainbow headed towards him.

He brought his hand up and concentrated all of his will upon it. When the light struck him, it gathered along his hand and formed a ball at the palm. Sweeping the lit appendage across the room, a wide arc of monotone rainbow was released. The princesses had enough time to recover by then and created a shield of swirling pink and midnight blue to block the attack. Although it failed, the blast from the Elements of Harmony was enough to distract Sinis from crushing the guard.

There was a lull in the battle, as Sinis scanned the room and the mares spoke. Redness still shone from the sky as a single large cloud continued to cover most of it. Small debris littered the chamber and the stallions were indisposed. He only had to watch the princesses, as the Element bearers only had the rainbow of Harmony, which he already proved useless. Luna’s horn shone a brilliant dark blue as the shield collapsed around the ponies.

As soon as the sphere of energy dissipated completely, Celestia and her sister trotted to either side of Sinis, leaving the Elements exposed. Since the man was still being affected by the beliefs Dex used, he calculated the odds of the situation and determined the bearers to be no threat. The two princesses charged him with horns alight.

Pulling a card from Discord, Sinis formed two masses of energy in either hand and pointed them to his foes. As he turned the power into massive, heat-emitting lasers, he saw the Elements power up once more. Sinis could not stop the attack on the royal sisters or they would get to him, but if he didn’t the Elements of Harmony would be used on him with no restrictions.

In a last ditch effort, the Chaotic man slammed his palms to the marble floor, changing his attack from lasers to a shockwave of pure force. As if Celestia and Luna planned it, the darker alicorn threw all of her magic around the bearers of Harmony while the white one transferred her power into the Elements. The princesses ignored the energy being slammed into them and focused only on protecting or empowering Twilight and her friends.

Sinis was still crouched as he looked up to see the full might of Harmony, strengthened by Celestia’s own power, bearing down on him. As quickly as he could, he stood up to face the magical rainbow, but the lack of shockwaves freed Luna to add her own power. With the combined power of friendship and two alicorns, Sinis was unable to reflect it.

The multi-colored beam of light forced itself to surround the Chaotic man, slowly drawing into him. His legs began to change to stone and crept up to his waist. Sinis willed it to slow down as he planned to make his final stand. With all he had, he released Chaotic energy into the world, hoping to repeat what freed Discord. The last push of Harmony came and sped up his body till only his head was free.

“History repeats itself,” Sinis stated simply before being swallowed up in stone.

Just as it had when sealing Discord, the Elements of Harmony created a bubble and spread out from the point of impact. As it stretched further, it returned the sky to normal and cleansed all traces of Chaos from the area. With Harmony restored, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Celestia, Luna, and the four guards breathed a sigh of relief. Panacea, however, looked on in sadness.