• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 1,008 Views, 19 Comments

The Shy Driver II: Fluttershy's Return - Wiz Ahmad



Fluttershy returns to Earth to visit Justin Davis - this time bringing her enthusiastic friends. What trouble could they possibly encounter?

  • ...
3
 19
 1,008

Chapter 6: Cops and a Party

Author's Note:

Fluttershy experiences her first Need For Speed moment - and Justin experiences partying the Pinkie way for the first time. But all is not as it seems...

Fluttershy got a glance of the cops in her rearview mirror, but decided to keep going at the speed limit.

“Give it up,” Applejack snapped. “Either you give in or…”

Starlight cut her off. “Can’t keep running, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy swerved into the rightmost lane adjacent to the guard rail and slowed to a stop, as the cop car came up from behind, sirens ablaze. As the officers approached, Fluttershy pushed the door open and stepped out, looking very timid and frightened.

One of them grinned and laughed. “Relax, little one, I’m not going to hurt you. My name’s Officer Mark, and there’s a few reasons why I’m stopping you today. First of all, you’ve been driving rather recklessly and also at dangerous speed. How long have you had this car?”

Fluttershy was too shaken to speak. All she could do was stutter a few words.

“Well?” Mark pressed, trying to look friendly as possible. Finally Fluttershy spoke, albeit quiet and fearful.

“Um, it’s not my car. It belongs to one of my best friends, Mr. Justin Davis. However, I have been given full permission to drive it, complete with license and registration. Would you like to see them?”

“Most definitely,” Officer Mark replied.

Fluttershy jumped back into the Supra, popped open the glovebox, and grabbed a short stack of papers, and presented them to Mark. “Here they are.”

Mark took the papers and rifled through them with scrutiny, checking every bit. “You’re perfectly legit. However, you’ve still got a good $350 fine on your license, and the money has to be paid within 24 hours by Justin Davis. That means two points on your license.”

Fluttershy gasped, recalling what Carter had warned her about driving, and her face fell in disappointment. “I was simply drifting, as well as demonstrating my car to my friends.” She pointed to Pinkie Pie and Applejack in the back.”

Mark’s eyes went wide. It was the first time he’d seen anything like it – a little talking yellow pony taking her pony friends for a drive. In a Toyota Supra.

“You’re good to go, but remember what I’ve said,” Mark told Fluttershy sternly. “See you all later, and stay out of trouble.”

Still disappointed, Fluttershy hopped back in, tossed the documents back into the glovebox, buckled up, and drove off.


Back at the house, Starlight, Applejack, and Fluttershy got together to try to fix the damage on the car using various items in the garage.

“Let’s see, polish…scrubbing agent...wheel washing cleaner…sandpaper…” Starlight Glimmer went through the list of car care items on one of the shelves.

“—The sandpaper!” Applejack exclaimed. “I’ll use that.”

Applejack then took the sandpaper and scrubbed the scratched area of the bumper until all of the marks were gone. Fluttershy then got a hose and some soap and washed it down, then dried it out with a hair dryer. Finally, Starlight Glimmer used her unicorn magic to buff the dent out, and Applejack gave it another scrub to remove the chipped paint. The job was not completely done – a little buffing and a fresh coat of paint were still needed. But for now, it would have to do.

Still heartbroken that she had clearly disobeyed the law whilst trying to have fun and amuse her friends, Fluttershy pulled off her suit and put the documents back on top of the chest of drawers, before snuggling into the warm bed that Justin had prepared for her and her friends. Angel Bunny hopped into the room to join her.

“Fluttershy, dear, would you please come out and join us?” Rarity asked, and Applejack tapped on the door. “We’re watching a really exciting movie with animals in it.”

“Um, no, I don’t feel too good,” Fluttershy responded, and turned over in the bed.

Applejack thought back to the pullover incident. “Suck it, Fluttershy! We all make mistakes, and it will be easier on you and us all if you just released it from your mind. We’ll work it out, I promise. Don’t you want to see how this exciting story is going to turn out?”

Fluttershy sighed and sat up. “Okay, I’ll join you in a moment.”

After relaxing and talking with Angel Bunny, Fluttershy regained her confidence and stepped out into the hallway, and sat down next to Rarity on the family room couch. The movie was titled “Secret of the Wings”. It was an enjoyable and heartwarming story about how a forest fairy discovered she had a sister, and later tried to fix a seemingly unfixable error caused by their “forbidden friendship” over two vastly different lands.

I wish fairies were real, Fluttershy thought as the movie ended blissfully. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie was busy in the kitchen, baking cupcakes and a large pink-and-white cake. Rarity had found some paper and a few pens and markers, and was busy drawing out a few designs for the walls and doors. Applejack, on the other hand, was fiddling with a piece of machinery that had a long thin hose attached to it, along with an even thinner black cord with metal prongs at the end.

“How in the hay does this work?” she ranted. “I can’t make out a head or tail!”

Twilight Sparkle walked over. “Let me try, and I’ll see if I can sort this out.” Lifting the plug with her telekinesis, she examined the plug, then saw an outlet in the wall. “Looks like it should fit in here.”

With a simple push, the plug slid in perfectly. Applejack pressed a button, and the vacuum’s motor spun to life. It didn’t take long to figure out that the machine sucked things up.

“You’re better at this than I am,” Applejack said honestly.

“We’ll clean this place up together.” Starlight Glimmer joined in, holding up a duster and two cloths. Together, the three of them dusted, wiped, and vacuumed the house spotless, making sure there was no dirt on the ground, and no dust on the shelves, desks, or furniture.

“Cake’s ready!” Pinkie Pie called out.

Starlight gasped as she entered the kitchen to wash her hands. The cake was perfectly crafted and styled like a wedding cake, but rectangular.

“You made this?”

“Yep!” Pinkie Pie said proudly. “Took me a few hours though, and I’ll need to cover it until eating time. But I’ve still got those cupcakes to make!”

With the home clean, Applejack and Starlight Glimmer headed outside to relax on the deck chairs by the poolside, while Fluttershy spent more time with Angel Bunny on the main grassy area of the backyard. Justin’s house didn’t have much grassy area, but it was enough. Over time, though, it had been neglected, and the grass had grown rather tall, tangled, and filled with pesky insects.

This sure could do with some cutting, she thought.


By sunset, the house was fully decorated. Pink, blue, yellow, and purple streamers adorned the walls, with helium balloons in every color taped to the back of the sofas. Pinkie Pie’s large cake lay neatly atop the counter, in all its pink-and-white glory, adorned with a shiny external layer of icing. Twilight and Starlight Glimmer had conjured up a few enjoyable party games, while Fluttershy had got a brilliant idea. She parked the Supra right in front of the front door, opened the boot, and used a long audio cable to hook up the Supra’s headunit with a large stereo speaker in the family room.

At about 6:50 p.m., the Huracan’s unmistakable sound loomed from the road below. Justin had returned, with some good news…and some uncomfortable messages.

By now, the house was blasting with music playing from the Supra’s stereo. The raspy sound of the turbocharged 2JZ reverberated in the background, as if it were one of the song’s backup instruments.

Beaming with happiness, Justin parked his Lamborghini and headed through the front door.

“Hi Justin!” Pinkie Pie was right there to greet him with all her enthusiasm.

“I’ll be there in a second, everypony!” he replied loudly over the music. “Keep it rollin’!”

Being as fast as he could, Justin put aside his briefcase in his bedroom and changed into lighter stylish clothing, washing up in the bathroom, and a few little gifts he had bought.

“Welcome!” Rarity said welcomingly, wrapping a tender hoof around Justin’s leg, ushering him into the family room, where all of the ponies were getting up and down to the song blasting from the speaker box. Pinkie Pie’s cupcakes were all laid out neatly on the tables.

Justin’s mouth twitched in suspicion, and he rather awkwardly danced through the crow of ponies to the small open area in front of the rear patio doors. “Fluttershy!”

“Um, yes?” Fluttershy replied, still dancing along with the EDM beat.

Justin just chuckled. “Seems like somepony’s a Bieber fan.”

Fluttershy blushed. Hard. “Don’t be silly. I don’t even know this guy, but I like his voice. It’s so smooth and loving, while having a streak of maturity.”

Of all those present, Justin was the one who felt awkward – he hadn’t partied since he was 15. But Pinkie Pie soon showed him the way.

“Who wants to play Pin the Tail on The Pony?” she said excitedly, shutting off the music.

“ME!” everyone shouted with excitement.

Justin immediately took his chance to engage in some fun and games that he had enjoyed as a child. Now, as a 27-year-old millionaire, he could relive it and feel happy for doing so.

While everyone tucked into the cake that Rarity was now cutting into big squares, Fluttershy took a peek out the patio window and caught sight of something she wished she didn’t see. She noticed a few movements at the bottom of the backyard.

Sneaking away from the group, she pretended to visit the bathroom but instead went to her bedroom, slid her papers into her saddle bag, flipped it shut, strapped it on, and crept outside to investigate.

Sure enough, she spotted one of them – a large, muscular man dressed all in black, identifiable by a small shiny piece on his pants. The guy bolted and ran.

“Wait!” Fluttershy called out, but it was too late. A few minutes later, she heard the loud sound of a car’s engine starting up, and tires squealing.

Running around to the front of the house, Fluttershy yanked the audio cable out, shut the Supra’s boot, restarted the engine, and drove out onto the open road.

There was not too much difficulty in tracking the guy. Previously it was a lot harder to see the road at night, but Justin had given the Supra an HID headlight kit, which now made it easier to see. As Fluttershy approached the hairpin turn, the masked man was already turning onto the highway.

Making a rather risky move on the tight turn, Fluttershy eased out of the bend and zoomed down the hill after him. His supercharged BMW M5, also black, was fairly easy to spot.

“Come back here!” Even over the wind and engines, Fluttershy’s voice when pushed hard enough, was distinctively loud. “Who are you?”

The man only answered with a hard acceleration. So Fluttershy turned up the boost and took off after him, easily catching up. It looked like she was in for her first street race since the Buick – and it wasn’t looking good at all.