• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 1,011 Views, 19 Comments

The Shy Driver II: Fluttershy's Return - Wiz Ahmad



Fluttershy returns to Earth to visit Justin Davis - this time bringing her enthusiastic friends. What trouble could they possibly encounter?

  • ...
3
 19
 1,011

Chapter 2: A Friendly Return

Author's Note:

Wrote this whole thing in the span of just 45 minutes! :pinkiegasp:

Hope u like it. If you do, please hit that like button, fave, and comment! Thanks! More to come! :twilightsmile:

It had been a few weeks since the storytelling event. Gossip was spreading like wildfire through the whole of Equestria about the human world. Thanks to StarSwirl the Bearded, Princess Celestia and her sister did know about humans, but weren’t too sure about trusting them. Fluttershy now had to be very careful when heading into town because of all the attention she would get.

“What is this all about?” Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration as she glanced down at the photos on a table. “I can’t seem to get any sense how this…this machine works!”

Fluttershy couldn’t help but let out a giggle as she passed by. Rainbow noticed.

“What are you laughing at!” she snapped angrily.

“Um, nothing really, just a joke I recalled,” Fluttershy fibbed, blushing.

Rainbow Dash’s eyes narrowed.

“Ah! Okay! I was just…” Fluttershy began, when Pinkie Pie cut in.

“Fluttershy was just thinking about how funny it is that you’re the fastest Pegasus in the whole of Equestria yet you can’t understand how a car works and what parts of it go together!” Pinkie pie finished up with a big proud grin.

Humiliated, Rainbow Dash grumbled and turned around, looking at the photos once more. Fluttershy continued on her way to one of the rooms on the lower floors of the Friendship castle, where Twilight was busy working on a crystal mirror, similar to the one she had used to chase after Sunset Shimmer.

“Um, hi Twilight,” Fluttershy whispered, gently pushing the door open. Inside was a mess of wires, machinery, and metal parts. At the room’s far wall was a horseshoe-shaped entrance that had yet to be hooked up to the electronic wizardry.

“Oh, hi Fluttershy,” Twilight said quickly, going over her experiment. “Just a minute, I’m crafting one of the important spheres containing an important element…”

“Oh, never mind,” Fluttershy replied quickly. After a brief glance around the room, it was obvious that Twilight was definitely going to take much longer than a minute.

“What’s bothering you, sugarcube?” Applejack asked, as Fluttershy shuffled down the Friendship Castle’s hallway and towards the exit doors.
“I’m torn between two worlds,” was all Fluttershy could get out, and flew away before Applejack could say any more.

“But…but…” Applejack stuttered as the yellow figure of Fluttershy disappeared off into the distance. Yes, publicity had become so bad that Fluttershy had to fly back to avoid all the pony paparazzi.

Back at her cottage next to the woods, Fluttershy held a conversation with her animal friends. She was happy to be back in Equestria with her best friends, but she also missed the human world. Yeah, as Carter and Justin had admitted, it sucked with its evil and gore side, but it had some positive and uplifting aspects to it as well. And having an amazing experience with the Supra, and knowing all about the act of driving, she wanted to share that with her friends. Besides, Justin seemed like a decent, friendly yet pretty rich guy with no friends living by himself in a big house. Knowing the power that friendship held, she thought it best to try to return and invite her friends to meet Justin and share the magic of friendship with him.

But how? There was only one little portion of the magical energy of Justin’s portal left, and Twilight had kept it in a special place in the castle. She was working on a portal, but when would it be completed? That was a question she had forgotten to ask.

The following day, Twilight Sparkle held a meeting with all her friends, including Starlight Glimmer.

“It came to my attention that during Fluttershy’s return that there was a considerable amount of a different type of trans-universe matter that came from the portal that opened up in the sky. I managed to capture a portion of it, and have discovered that if I could apply a certain spell to it, I could reach back out to wherever that trail or channel of matter came from, and connect to the portal!”

Rarity shot up an eyebrow. “Are you saying that if your spell goes as planned, you can reconnect that crystal mirror to Justin’s portal?”

Twilight nodded. “It’s almost complete, actually. It required a core concept, so it was fairly difficult.” Then she noticed that one of the chairs was empty. Fluttershy?

“Where’s Fluttershy?” Starlight Glimmer asked. “Anypony seen her recently?”

Applejack was just about to mention the event of the previous day when Fluttershy burst into the room. She had her sweater and was carrying Angel Bunny as well, who was holding a few cards and a few legal documents.

“Hi everypony,” she said happily, settling down into her chair. “Sorry I’m late. I was busy trying to prepare and set a few things up. Thankfully my animal friends are all safe and content with my long departure.”

“What do you mean?” Pinkie Pie asked with a puzzled look.

“I mean…I want to go back. With all of you,” Fluttershy stated.

“What? You? Go back to Earth?” Twilight’s face was literally dripping with shock.

“Yes,” Fluttershy snapped, then eased the tension in her voice. “I was a bit frightened of it, but I have respect and love for Earth despite its numerous shortcomings. Besides, I had a good time overall and I want you to meet my human friends. We’ll only be gone for a few weeks.” She turned to Rainbow. “After all, weren’t you the one who always liked new worlds and exciting adventures?”

“I guess I can help too,” Starlight Glimmer added, blushing slightly.

Twilight sighed and smiled. “Okay, Fluttershy, let’s go see your world. Everyone to the—”

“—Intadhar daqiqat!” a voice called out from the main hallway.

“What’s that?” Rarity said, bewildered by the absurd voice.

Twilight Sparkle caught a glance of the sparkly blue mane. “Oh, that’s Luna. She must have been caught in her Arabic tongue again.”

“Can I come too?” Princess Luna said excitedly.

“No, you must stay here and guard the night!” Applejack insisted. “It’s your duty!”

Princess Luna sighed sadly and walked out of the castle. “Okay.”

“Can I come too?” Spike said, eagerly jumping up from the chair where he had been reading an exciting book.

Twilight nodded without hesitation.

The seven friends, Spike, and Angel Bunny all gathered together as Twilight Sparkle prepared the portal for travel. Plugging in a few wires and flipping a few switches, the bluish-white swirl began to form. Soon, a white spark indicated that a connection had been made with that rare type of matter.

Once the light was bright enough, a flashing light indicated that the portal was ready to go.

“Let’s go,” Fluttershy simply said, holding onto her cards and legal documents tightly, and they all walked through the portal, Pinkie Pie and Starlight Glimmer being the last to do so.

Back on Earth, Justin had recovered from an arm injury and was relaxing in his family room when a loud crashing and zapping sound erupted from below.

The portal! he thought, and dashed down the stairs to the basement, quickly typed in the security code, and shoved the door open. Quickly fiddling with the controls, he reset them to the mode for Equestria. The portal lit up, the energetic matter amplified, and a blast of light grew. Out tumbled Fluttershy, Angel Bunny, Spike, and their six pony friends.