• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 1,011 Views, 19 Comments

The Shy Driver II: Fluttershy's Return - Wiz Ahmad



Fluttershy returns to Earth to visit Justin Davis - this time bringing her enthusiastic friends. What trouble could they possibly encounter?

  • ...
3
 19
 1,011

Chapter 1: Our Adventures

Author's Note:

Wow. I was so excited to start this story I wrote this whole chapter in the span of just 50 minutes! :pinkiegasp:

Hope you like it! If you do, hit that like button and leave your comments! :twilightsmile:

The sun rose brightly as a new day started in Equestria. Things had returned to normal once more, with the sky devoid of any weird electrifying energy portals. Fluttershy had gotten back into her nature routine and had fully reconnected with her animal friends, while Princess Luna had cleverly exploited her newfound knowledge of the Arabic language to crack up jokes with her older sister, who clearly had no idea what the language was.

“Kayfa kaana sobaahun?” Luna said with a chuckle.

“What did you say?” Celestia said with a baffled look.

“Haha, hahaha!” Luna nearly fell over laughing. “I said, ‘Kayfa kaana sobaahun?’ It means, how was the morning?”

“Oh, it was beautiful!” Celestia replied joyfully, sighing with relief that her younger sister was finally speaking in a way that she could understand and comprehend.

It had been about a week since Fluttershy and Princess Luna’s return, and the rest of Ponyville and even Canterlot sipped up the news faster than freshly processed apple cider. They were all eager to know what had happened, as stories from such faraway and seemingly non-existent lands seemed very exciting to hear about. As such, Princess Celestia had organized an event on the outskirts of Ponyville, near the school, where everyone, including the little filly students and the teachers, could watch.

“…And now, let us welcome our storytellers, Princess Luna and Fluttershy!” Twilight Sparkle announced, blushing with admiration at Princess Celestia.

“Oh, welcome!” Princess Luna announced royally. “Thy princess of the night shall relate to you her stories. Da ‘ounaa nabda ‘ou—I mean, let’s begin.”

Princess Luna blushed a little at the slip of her Arabic tongue as the crowd began to whisper amongst themselves as to what she had just spoken.

“It all began on a rainy night,” she began. “I fell into a black night sky with pouring rain and thunderous noises. I nearly crashed into a tower, before waking up and realizing where I was. Once I got to grips with my mind and body I found myself in the courtyard of a grand building. Even by nightfall it was beautiful. I slipped into the building and rested there until the morning. It was hot in the morning. Like, really hot! It felt like dragons were breathing down my neck and back. Two men tried to capture me, and they were speaking in a language I didn’t understand.”

“Did you get caught?” Applejack said excitedly.

Princess Luna gave her a wait-a-moment-I’ll tell-you look. “I ran into the building’s main hall, where I hid behind a stairwell door and spoke with them. Now, humans consider themselves in a different manner than we do. As such, they weren’t happy with me not wearing clothes. Of course human clothes would not fit me. I agreed not to fight them if they could give me clothes. I was taken in by a kind couple, and they bought a custom-made dress for me. Later I ate at a restaurant and learned of Islamic practices as well as the Arabic language. To be honest I found it particularly interesting.”

So that’s the gibberish you were speaking, Princess Celestia thought with a sneaky nod.

“We all have different ways of going about our lives, human or pony. Islam is one of those ways, and it does appear to be one of the most – if not the most – perfect ways of all,” Luna concluded. “By the way, I took the dress back with me, and it remains one of my favorite dresses to this day.”

The audience cheered and clapped with happiness and joy, before Fluttershy, still nervous as ever, stepped up onto the stage and slowly turned to face the audience, roll of photos under her arm.

“Uh, um, hello,” she mumbled.

The crowd leaned forward, eager to hear more.

“So as I promised my best friends,” Fluttershy began in her usual quiet shy voice, “here is my story, and I apologize for how long it’s take me to tell you all as I’ve had to write up a bit of it. It mostly revolves around an iconic car. Many, if all of you, have never seen or heard of it before – it is a 1995 Mark 4 6-speed Toyota Supra.”

Fluttershy pulled out one of the photos and rolled it out for the audience to see. They gasped in shock. It was unlike anything any pony had ever seen.

Fluttershy smiled back at the audience. “Yes, it is a pretty good-looking car. Now, it all started back when I ended up on a forest-covered hill next to a row of houses. It was a little cold, so I went into the backyard of one of those houses and discovered the rear door was open. I snuck inside and settled down in an armchair for warmth. I awoke to the sound of a human family. They were initially shocked by my appearance and upset that I had broken in, but they reconciled and took care of me for a few weeks. To be honest, I…I…found my Special Somepony. Except…he’s a human. His name is Carter.” Her voice was barely a whisper at those last few words.

“Looks like somepony’s got a big crush on the hot guy, eh?” Applejack said teasingly.

Fluttershy blushed hard. “No! Um, yes, I do know him quite well, and we have had a brief but good relationship. I actually miss him a little. Now, one night I was really worried about seeing you all again, so I went for a late-night walk. While in a park, I met this young man – a few years older than Carter. His name was Justin Davis. He mentioned about an alternate universe portal project he was working on, and asked if I could be the test subject and thus send me home. However, I had to drive the Supra from a garage to his home. Realizing this was my only chance, I agreed.”

“Carter then taught me how to drive, and I soon got the hang of it and even got a license – which meant I could drive freely anywhere with permission given through that license. He drove me down somewhat near the garage, and I flew, walked, and hitchhiked from then on. Once I got to the garage, I had the car, and thus got to know it as I drove it hundreds of miles to Justin’s home. I succeeded, and we became instant friends. He invited me on an underwater dive trip before I finally left home. But…I had fallen in love with the car. I mean, it’s really powerful and frightened me at first, but I soon got used to it and adjusted over time. Justin sympathized with me and gave me the car. I could now drive it whenever I wanted, wherever I wanted. Even after successfully retuning home here, I do miss Earth. I miss Carter, Justin, and the Supra.”

As the audience clapped and cheered, Fluttershy’s friends were still in awe. Especially Rainbow Dash – who wouldn’t shut up about the Supra.

“Can it do a flip or twirl?”

“How fast is it?”

“What was it like driving fast?”

“Can it clear the sky in 10 seconds?”

“ENOUGH!” Fluttershy burst in a brief cloud of frustration. “Um, Rainbow Dash, could you please stop?”

Twilight Sparkle glanced over at the rainbow pony. “She means it.”

Rainbow Dash groaned. “All right all right! I won’t say anything more.”

“But the car can run the quarter mile in under 10 seconds,” Fluttershy said with a grin, as they all waked back to the Friendship Castle. “I’m not sure what a quarter mile is, but it’s a pretty long distance.”