• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 982 Views, 23 Comments

The Cake Is a Lyra - ArtisticDoe



Lyra becomes very desperate for some hands

  • ...
0
 23
 982

Into Aperture

The Cake Is A Lyra: Into Aperture
~Artistic_Doe 2012

The musical pony looked down emotionless at the packet of application sheets before she began to sign the last page. She began to stare, carefully creeping her bright eyes into the video camera in the top of the room with a blank expression. Her golden eyes blinked slowly as approaching her gaze into the dark glass . The camera returned a reflecting stare with a blinking red light, tracking all of Lyra's slightest movements. The mint coated mare looked back at the front page of the registration packet then returned to her stare.

"And you GUARANTEE that all of my request after I finish-" Lyra stopped her shouting to the empty room to look down at a page of the packet with squinted eyes and looked back up, "testing for 10 weeks will be granted?"

She looked around the room, trying to look for a place to look at as she waited for a response from the hidden instructor. Lyra decided on starring at the camera more, thinking a speaker or something was installed into it. They did not have this type of software in Equestria yet, so the different electronics and gadgets she first got a glimpse of when she first walked into the laboratories intrigued the young musician. The room she stood in was a cold, pure white room. There was a single door (in which she entered from), a mahogany table with the thick packet of small printed text papers, and the camera. Her coat was pricked with tiny bumps, depicting that she was chilled by the rooms low temperature and iceberg tiled floor.

The mare jumped a little due to being startled when the ear piercing feedback from a speaker responded back before a voice began speaking to her in a low, calm, monotone voice.

"As it states in you Aperture Laboratories Science Testing application packet, all of your, simple minded request, will be granted to you after the 10 weeks of testing in the Aperture Laboratories Science Testing Center." The voice responded to her with no hesitation or stops for breathing.

Lyra let out a deep sigh and slowly started to print her name in a fine, clean cursive writing. The ball point pen floated at ease with a golden aurora surrounding it.

"It-it's only 10 weeks, 10 weeks to get what every-other pony in Equestria made fun of you about, 10 weeks to prove to everypony that they are REAL!" The musical pony thought to herself as she folded back the packet and letting out a squee of happiness and a small smile on her face.

While amidst in her daydream, the same feedback shattered the blissful thought and returned Lyra to the real world. She shook her head quickly and pricked her ears up to listen for some sort of announcement.

"Leave your Aperture Laboratories Science Testing application packet in the Aperture Laboratories Science Testing application room and proceed the door in which you entered through to proceed to your next task in preparing for your testing." The technical voice announced to Lyra.

"Um, well ok Miss, but uh..wouldn't I just end up where I came-" Before the minty mare could finish her questionable sentence, the large metallic door in which she entered from opened slowly to reveal not the entrance hallway, which she walked through to get to the application room, but a new room which she had not seen yet.

The unicorn, wide eyed, walked curiously into the new revealed room. Inside the room were 2 rows of dressers, one on each side of the walls. One row had a blue man sign at the front side, facing the door and the other row a pink woman. Each dressers hung neatly ironed orange jumpsuits. Next to the jumpsuits, on the male side hung a black tank-top with a white T-shirt which stated 'Aperture Laboratories' stretched across the top with the small circular logo next to it, and on the female side hung two tight fitting tank-tops, one light blue and the other white with the same print as the white T-shirts. Under the jumpsuits stood a pair of tall, clean white boots with black straps and replacing a heel was a curved metal bar beginning from the back top of the boot and curving towards to bottom, fitting to the shape of the boot. A clean cut mirror was placed in-between each dresser along with a row a benched stretching through the middle of the two separated dresser rows.

Lyra trotted towards a small pile of clothing folded neatly on one bench and a pair of firm boots standing next to the stack.

A lighter, more clear feedback beeped this time and the unicorn turned her head swiftly to see this time, not a camera, but an actual speaker towards the top of the closet wall. She wondered why there where no cameras in this room, but suddenly remembered that cameras in most locker rooms in Ponyville, let alone Equestria, are not permitted due to a privacy law, so she figured that same rule applies here. As the voice began to talk once again, Lyra looked back up, attentively to the speaker.

"What you have in-front of you are...specially tailored Aperture Laboratories Science Testing jumpsuit and boots for your, interesting anatomy." In an emotionless tone, she told Lyra as she analyzed the clothes by lifting them up with her magic and taking a good look at them.

"How am I suppose to put this on..uh.. Miss scarey techno lady?" Lyra asked trying to be as polite as she could but without revealing that she is so very confused.

The voice moaned annoyingly, "Do I need to walk you through this, it is not rocket science and I would know what rocket science is," The voice stopped to sigh and mumble something that Lyra could not understand, than continued to talk very slowly, "first, you must put on the LIGHT BLUE fitted sleeve-less shirt."

The unicorn nodded and proceeded to put on the light blue tank-top. Once finished, she looked back up to the speaker for the next step.

"Now, put on the next sleeveless shirt."

Lyra followed her next instruction.

"Do you still need my help? The next part should be fairly obvious even for someone as simple minded as you."

The mare cringed at the comment but then started putting on the 4-legged jumpsuit cautiously, but suddenly, she realized something and stopped for a moment.

"Hey wait a minuet, if you can't see me, how do you know what I'm doing, huh explain THAT." Lyra shouted proudly, admiring herself for figuring out that little loop-hole.

The mysterious instructor chuckled a mischievous laugh, "Oh, you don't know, but I know every little thing that you could do, with or without an Aperature Laboratories Science Testing motion tracking video camera."

Lyra stood stiffly with a scared look upon her face. Small pupils with a small frown on her face depicting that she realizes that this announcer is more that she thought she was. She swiftly put on the jumpsuit then sat down in her, peculiar, way and started to pull up the boots and adjust the straps. When she finished with the attire, she took a look at herself in one of the long, tall standing mirrors. Her surprised look turned to a happy, satisfied grin.

"I look pretty goooooooodd." Lyra slurred out dreamily as she turned around to see her self.

The voice let out a low moan and mumbled something quietly once again to herself before giving Lyra another task for her to do.

"Whenever you are finished loving yourself, would you care to continue, we don't have all day."

Lyra stopped and blushed embarrassingly. Nodding sheepishly, she walked over to a new set of doors, which had been open to lead her to a new room. While Lyra trotted down the new hallway, she noticed that the slim stretch of a hall was becoming darker, and darker, and darker, until it was a pitch black, silent room. The air was chilled and the mare felt as if she was lost in Everfree forest during the night. Her horn began to glow the same wispy gold aurora as it did before, producing a small light source before a spot light shined over a large, interesting object. While her magic slowly faded away, the mare curiously walked over to the podium, in which the strange figure rested on. She quickly jumped her front hooves onto the podium and stood on her hind legs to help get a better look at the item. All she could detect was that it was some sort of a gun, but did not look as if it shot anything that could kill anypony. The gun consisted of 2 smooth, white shells, a larger one on the top of the gun and a smaller on the bottom. A large black barrel slid through the two shells of the gun. In the barrel there was a dip down the middle, within that were 2 tubes, one tube inside the other tube. 3 large, claw like arms stood out of the front of the barrel and 3 black cables attached from the base of the claws to the end of the larger white shell.

"What you see there is an Aperture Science Portable Quantum Tunneling Device," the instructor announced. "Go ahead and pick it up, and turn it on, as I've noticed, you could pick up a pen with that, horn of yours, I believe you could pick up this."

The musical pony stared at the gun, scared of what kind of power it consist, but she proceeded her instructors instructions and picked up the Portal Gun with the golden glow. She inspected all sides of the gun before the lights in the room all turned on, blinding the mare.

When she opened her eyes, they widen in shock to realize she was in a very large room which consist of rows of TV monitors and all sorts of switches and buttons. In the middle of the room, a swirled staircase led to a large observing platform, surrounded with thick, metal railings; protecting the observer from falling onto the hard floor. She hopped her hooves down from the podium and felt the cold, tiled floor with her hooves. 6 large circular openings where placed at the top of the room, which Lyra thought to be the air conditioning to the room. The name 'Aperture Laboratories' was plastered throughout the entire facility in a fine, shiny black paint.

The mare wiped her tail cautiously with her ears flattened in shock of the amazing room. A tip of her tail brushed over a smooth, cold surface and she quickly turned around to see herself face-to-face of a massively large robot with a single, yellow light. The words 'Aperture Laboratories AI was printed on one face of the robots body, which dangled from the ceiling, with dozens of thick, electrical cords supporting the AI up. The robot consisted of different sized red lights that blinked on and off. Levers and switches surrounded the gargantuan body of the AI. Different small, thinner cords stood out on the long body, attaching to different electrical operators which snaked inside of her body, not revealing where they went to. A large head was attached away from the body of the robot, supported by only a few small beams. The words 'GLaDOS' were printed on the other side of the robots body, depicting the AI's name.

"Miss.Lyra Hearstrings," GLaDOS said to trembling musical pony, "welcome to Aperture Laboratories."