• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 1,213 Views, 40 Comments

Shobbit O'Gale Arrives in Equestria - Dimensional Librarian



In the Ancient land of Alvinailey is a lone Dragon Ranger by the name of Shobbit O'Gale. In his hunt against all dragons of his world he winds up in Equestria.

  • ...
7
 40
 1,213

8 Boss Fight

Shobbit was the first to be able to see after the blinding light and noticed that a section of the portal had gone dark with shadow. He watched it curiously as someone in ashy armor came flying out of it and landing upon the crystal table is a painful *THUD*.

The light then faded and time started to move again, the next to notice that someone new was in the room was Twilight who stared at the second bipedal figure with wide eyes. “Who are you?” she asks.

Groaning, the second figure got up, with a feminine panting, as if she had been yelling. “Ugh… First off.. Where the hell am I, Twilight…”

“Uh… My Castle?” Twilight says confused “And how do you know me?”

“I thought I was in Canterlot.. Wait. How’d I get here?”

“The Draconequess gave me a card.” Shobbit says in a low voice as he flicks the card in the figure’s face. “I used it.”

The second figure looks at the card and sighs again, scootching off the table and taking her helmet off, revealing short white hair, with burned ends. “I am Illua, The Bloody Grimoire, and That would be my Token, as it was described to me.”

Shobbit raises an eyebrow when she says Token before he speaks “I am Shobbit O’Gale Dragon Ranger of Alvinailey.”

“So… What seems to be the issue? I was in the middle of trying to Kill Celestia for being a raging Bitch.” She spat, waving her hand momentarily in front of her, bringing up some form of floating paper before her.

Around the room gasps were heard from the ponies “You were doing WHAT!!??” they all asked in unison when Shobbit let out a sigh and let his magic search.

“I am only in this land because of the Dragon Emperor Nerroth, a Magic Dragon from Alvinailey and the last one I need to kill to end my purge of dragonkind.” Shobbit tells Illua “His magic is beyond my understanding.”

“Great, Another Displaced. That would explain how I was brought here. At least it’s not an invader. Alrighty, To explain one thing to the girls here, It’s called the Multiverse. My Celestia fucked me over and imprisoned me in stone for a few hundred years for starting a rebellion that helped the common person actually thrive.” Illua began explaining, tapping a few things on the window before her, and materializing a glass flask filled with a swirling blue liquid.

“What’s in the that Flask?” Twilight asks wanting to learn about Illua’s magic as well.

Shobbit again looked at Illua curiously when she said ‘Displaced’ and ‘invader’ but he held his tongue for now.

Illua looked over at the lavender pony. “This holds an elixir, a potion that restores my physical health and mana pool.” Illua chugged the flask quickly, before the glass dematerialized. “Considering I experienced a solar flare directly to my face, died, and came back in the matter of two minutes, I needed one.”

Shobbit scoffed and muttered “I’ve been thrown into stars before but I believe that is off topic from why you are apparently here.” He then turned on his heels causing his cloak to display its flowing prismatic colors around the room as he headed for the door. “I would like to speak to the Maiden outside after I kill the approaching dragon.”

Just as Illua had began closing her menus, a new one opened in front of her.

Boss: Crimson Dragon Enhanced Garble

“Well Fuck. GET DOWN!”

Shobbit laughed and said “The fight will be in the field.” He then Turned and leapt out the window that was always left open for Rainbow Dash. Everypony in the castle then heard a sound of thunder and something hitting the earth in the empty fields outside of Ponyville.

”Oh Come on, Flight? Jeeze. Gotta go Catch up.” Illua’s book fluttered for a moment, leaving her shimmering as she jumped out the window, running at an accelerated pace to go catch the dragon ranger.

Garble had been flying for almost five minutes when he was suddenly face first in the dirt. He then rose to his feet and looked around for what hit him when Shobbit landed creating a small crater, his cloak turned a silvery metallic color. “It’s time to die dragon.” Shobbit says coldly as he rises to his full height of seven feet.

Time slowed to a stop as Illua caught up, finding the ranger and the boss. A new window appeared before both displaced.

Join Party Y/N?

“Shobbit, this is part of my abilities that I don’t exactly control. Time stops, and because this dragon has been classified as a Boss, I have to party with you to kill it. I don’t know what will happen if I get locked out of a boss.” Illua said as she ran into the crater-clearing.

Shobbit took a hold of his longbow and while still staring at Garble said “As long as I get his scales to add to my cloak I don’t care Fair Lady.” His cloak then turned the same deep crimson that was on Garble’s scales “Crimson Dragons are amongst some of the most physically strong.”

“I personally don't necessarily collect scales, except for the few times I’ve made armor. Go right on ahead and keep em. I got some other types you might not have too, once we get out of this. And.. uh.. The other thing about this.. He will always appear and move as if he was completely unharmed until his health runs out.”

“So I’ll just use my personal magic as well. I give him five minutes, he’ll be a pincushion in five seconds.”

“Okay, then press the Y on the window in front of you, and you will see a red line at the top of your vision. Thats his health. When that disappears, He’s dead.”

Shobbit then reached a single finger out and pressed the Y.

Time slowly began to accelerate back to normal, Illua casting Protect on the both of them, blinking slightly as the spell was rejected. Despite the impending fight, Illua cast Libra, and gasped. Th-This guy is way beyond me. Am I even needed here? She silently thought as she drew the two katanas she had before, Hoarfrost and Holy Moonlight.

Shobbit ignored the new things in his vision and focused purely on Garble who had started moving forward. Shobbit then leapt into the air and shot twenty arrows at Garble’s heart which all got stopped by a magic barrier. “Ha!!! You puny humans can’t do anything to me now!” Garble cried out in victory and keeping his eyes on Shobbit who had landed behind him.

Illua smiled as the crimson dragon turned, dashing up behind him and cleaving the tail off, leaving a frostbitten stump behind him. “The one exception to the boss rule. Tail’s give weapons.” She smiled as the tail disappeared like her flask, as she struck her blades into Garble’s back, the health bar having been already knocked down to half by their combined attacks.

Garble then laughed and flicked a wing back hitting Illua across the side before quickly turning and unleashing a torrent of Dragon’s Fire that was magically enhanced to be more damaging. Illua went with the wing, rolling back out of the way of the green flames.

“If my arrow’s won’t pierce you because of Nerroth’s magic then I’ll just choke you!” Shobbit shouts running forward and stepping in between Garble and Illua the fire hitting his cloak and dissipating out around him as he reached a hand out and grabbed Garble by the neck and stopped the torrent of flame.

“Got him still?” Illua asked, sheathing Holy Moonlight as Hoarfrost began to glow with an eerie blue light. She swung the katana back, tensing.

Shobbit ignored Illua and then flew upward with Garble as his cloak turned Ivory and he tightened his grip. Garble was trying to claw Shobbit away as he ran out of breath but every time his claws touched, Shobbit used the magic of an adamantium dragon to turn his skin indestructible.

Illua simply watched as the health bar slowly ticked away, pulling out her book and beginning the spell Meteor. “Hey Shobbit, I hope you can protect yourself from this.” She called up, the small bead of light chasing after the contained dragon.

“Long…. Live... Emperor Nerroth!” Garble chokes out right as the light reaches him and Shobbit. The sky above them turns crimson, as the Meteor spell triggers, a massive asteroid covered in angry red cracks of lava descends on Shobbit and Garble, the land below glimmering with the protection of the forced Arena.


Shobbit let the asteroid hit Garble first and with a twist of his wrist snapped his neck to make sure he was dead. Boss Defeated Appeared for Illua, along with the aforementioned weapon she cleaved from the tail.

Once it was done Shobbit was back on the ground already skinning Garble for the scales.

“So… Those questions you had?” Illua asked.

“What do you mean by ‘Displaced’ and ‘Invader’?” Shobbit says as he finishes and then pulls off his cloak and starts to walk toward the Everfree Forest looking for a stump. When he removed his cloak his magic levels seemed to fall drastically.

“So… Displaced, as it was told to me, is to be removed from your world, and brought to another, typically Equestria, but the problem is there are multiple Equestria’s on multiple timelines. I was removed from a place, that I’m assuming may be much further technologically and socially because you refer to me as ‘Fair Maiden’, and basically prevented me from being harmed.”

“I kill dragons not Chivalry.” Shobbit tells her as he sits down and starts to add the scales to his cloak “I’ve now killed fourteen billion and one dragons.”

“Well, Damn, no wonder. You registered as a few hundred bosses in a single location when you had your cloak on. The other term, Invader, is a bit harder to explain. An Invader is another Displaced, but you can almost always be sure they are hostile, or desperate.” Illua remarked, as she pulled up the windows once more, and pulled out not one, but two of the tail weapons. “Huh, got a second one. Wyrmsbane. Want it? It has some Anti-Dragon properties.” Illua held out the second sword. It looked like a Broadsword made of dragon scales, with the hilt having a draconic skull motif.

Shobbit looked at Illua as he sewed on the last few scales and shook his head no. “I have no need for a sword like that. I am almost sixty years old and have only ever used a bow and knives.” He then finishes and puts his cloak back on. “And Alvinailey is a strange place where even gods walk amongst the population and the kingdom sells these.” Shobbit then holds up one of his arrowheads to show Illua its crystal like structure.

“I’ll take that!~” A lion’s paw suddenly snatches the crystalline Arrowhead. “Got anything you wanna coin for your own Summon?” A certain smirking Draconequess stood, spinning his own tail in a circle.

Shobbit quickly reacted and punched the Draconequess in the face and took his arrowhead back “This is not for the likes of you.”

“Actually Shobbit, he’s actually offering to do the same thing he did to my card. Turn it into a token so others, like myself, could summon you to their worlds, and possibly hunt more dragons. And You’re Sixty? I’m.. 325? I don’t know, Stone Prisons mess with your sense of time.”

“The years in stone don’t count.” Shobbit says then looks down at his arrow contemplating. He then nods his head no “I only want to kill Nerroth and then I think I will go home and annoy a certain Goddess I know.”

“Well, Time should be standing still where I left, So If I summoned you, It may return you to where and whenever you left. Oh, and To send me home, I’m pretty sure you need to keep my card.” Illua handed back her token to the much taller man. “Discord, I got a favor to ask, you Mutiversal being.”

“Yes? I’m Listening ‘oh fairest of maidens~’.” Discord had changed into a brilliant set of white plate armor.

“Take this sword to my brother, if you can.”

“Aye Aye~.” And with the second Wyrmsbane in hand, Discord Disappeared.

“So, anything else you may or may not need?” Illua turned back towards Shobbit.

“Did you sense the magic that stopped my arrows from piercing that dragon?” Shobbit asks her.

“ It was kinda strange. I was able to cut his tail off, without a problem, but I couldn't exactly leave any more a notable sign of damage other than the health bar.”

“That was Nerroth’s magic. The only way I could pass it before was with the brute strength of all the dragons of my planet. But I don’t think that I will be able to get passed it that way again.” Shobbit says

“FOUND HIM!!!!” then came the voice of a woman in a sing song way. An average size woman wearing cloths that Illua would be used to walked up from behind a tree smiling “You can never get away from me Brother.”

“Miss O’Gale” Shobbit says with a sigh. “I’m assuming you brought the Princess with you?”

“Over here Mr. Grumpy.” Said another woman that walked up and stood next to Illua “Hi I’m Esperrago Alvinailey”

“So, a little sister, and a Princess got Displaced with you, or is there some space-time shenanigans going on here?” Illua tilted her head, sheathing her blades and dematerializing them.

“I actually followed my brother here using the strong magic signatures from where he fought Dragon Emperor Nerroth.” Terra O’Gale said. “I’m Terra O’Gale Goddess of Creation.”

“And the only reason I don’t kill the Gods and Goddess with the Dragons.” Shobbit mutters.

“So you’re related to a goddess, and of Creation no less.” Illua turned to the goddess. “Pardon my casualness, but if Dragons are such an issue where you’re from, can’t you revoke their existence, as they are a creation?”

“I actually got promoted to being a Goddess after the old God of Creation was killed.” Terra says sheepishly.

“Not my fault.” Shobbit says getting up and then leaving.

“Well long story short, I can only make inanimate objects like Shobbit’s bow he refuses to use. He also has his own personal reasons as to why he hates dragons.” Terra says as Esperrago starts to follow Shobbit. Terra then looks at Illua worried “But do you need help getting home? I can sense that you haven’t been home in a long time, and that Illua isn’t your real name.”

Illua sighs softly. “Yeah, But I have too much baggage from the version of the world I’m from, to go back to my homeworld. Plus, Going back to my real name now would be a bit of a lie to the Equestrians that know me.” Illua begins walking after Shobbit.

Terra walks with Illua and makes a bow and quiver in her hand the size of her fist before handing it to her “Here take this and speak your true name then me or my brother and we will come to help.”

“Will do. Now, make sure your brother doesn't go ragey. Spike is a dragon that is being raised by the populace here, so he will always be friendly towards the sentient race here, Ponies. And Brush up on history. I’ll bring a history book from my version so you can see the definite timeline difference.” Illua takes the miniature bow and quiver and puts it into her bag.

Terra smiles and nods. “I’ll keep an eye on him.”

“Hey Shobbit! Take my card, and channel some energy into it. And Tell me my duty is done here, when you want me to go home.” Illua calls out. “Hopefully, going home won't be as Violent.”

Shobbit looked back and smirked having heard her last statement “You’re the one that made this spell Sweetheart.” He then pulls out the card and fills it with magic and says “Your duties are done for now Fair Maiden.”

“Yeah, But considering when I was summoned, I was… rather forcefully snatched out. See you later.” The Portal opened once more, this time it was simply a ring of runes, in which Illua stepped through and disappeared. The runes faded shortly after, leaving nearly no trace of her existence in Shobbit’s world.

The small group of Alvinailian’s watched as the runes disappeared. “Now about you running off to another world with your number one enemy!” Terra says to Shobbit sternly.

Author's Note:

Thank you to Illua for helping me with her OC's parts.