• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 1,216 Views, 40 Comments

Shobbit O'Gale Arrives in Equestria - Dimensional Librarian



In the Ancient land of Alvinailey is a lone Dragon Ranger by the name of Shobbit O'Gale. In his hunt against all dragons of his world he winds up in Equestria.

  • ...
7
 40
 1,216

4 Meeting the Diarchs

It was mid-morning in Canterlot, most of the guards were out in the yard practicing in full equipment. Everypony was going about their day when a thunderous crash, and a shaking of the earth turned their eyes toward the Canterlot Castle Courtyard where a cloud of stone dust was steadily rising. The guards immediately rushed toward the sound to see what had disturbed the peaceful afternoon under Celestia's sun, while the civilians ran away in mild panic.

Crouched in the middle of the slowly dissipating dust cloud was Shobbit, his cloak radiating with flowing prismatic colors. The first pony to react was a simple unicorn private who shouted, "We are the Royal Guard, and we command you to stand down." Shobbit's reply scared the guards to the deepest parts of their souls. With a chuckle, he slowly rose, and was soon a towering bipedaled giant compared to the guards. The ears of everypony around dropped, there eyes got wide, and a few jaws dropped as the color of the cloak flashed a solid crimson red. "Seize him!!!" Shouted one of the commanding officers finally catching his breath.

"Trust me when I say this Ponies, I won't kill you for doing your job." Shobbit said right before dashing forward at a startling speed. Grabbing the unicorn private that spoke first by the horn, and forcing out a cry of pain from its owner. He then pulled and spun around carrying the unicorn full circle before letting go and having him fly into a wall and fall unconscious. Ten unicorns then charged up their horns and fired hard magic bolts at him, which all absorbed into the cloak. The unicorns stared in shock at their magic being useless. At the same time five of the largest earth pony guards charged forward to try jumping onto the imposing figure and bring him down.

Shobbit saw them coming and with a sigh as he used magic from a Chrono Dragon, he froze time and leapt up on top of one of the towers of the castle. When time unfroze for it seemed that their target had teleported as they all crashed into each other going out cold. They all looked around frantically hoping to hurry up and end this skirmish before it got worse. "I guess the only challenge I should expect is from a dragon." Shobbit stated with a bored tone from above, yet before anypony could look up he landed with the power of an Earth Dragon creating a powerful shock-wave in the ground itself and causing all present except for Shobbit to be thrown back. Sadly, luck was not on Shobbit's side that afternoon, his landing had been strong enough to throw several unicorns and earth ponies over the nearby edge of Canterlot. While most of the pegasus had been on the other side of Shobbit or they had gotten hit by colleges and they couldn't go to save the helpless falling ponies.

Releasing a breath of annoyance Shobbit darted forward his cloak and hood flowing behind him majestically as he steps off the edge. With a back-flip in midair he shot downward like a bullet carefully eyeing the location of the falling ponies. Shobbit grabbed the edges of his cloak and streamlined himself toward the closest falling guard, when he reaches them he grabs the stallions front leg and with a simple twirl of his body sends him flying up toward Canterlot. While the guard returned upward Shobbit had twirled himself over to the next and repeated the process. Swiftly working its now only Shobbit and one last earth pony and they both had almost reached the ground. Pulling the white stallion close to his body and turning his back to the ground, Shobbit and the guard hit the ground with a bone crushing thud.

Shobbit then rose to his feet with the now unconscious guard in his arms, and shook his head to clear it from the ringing. "I'm getting to old for this crap," he mutters before jumping all the way out of the crater and up the mountain landing gently back in the court yard where the fight had started. There was a noticeable difference in the atmosphere to Shobbit looking up and focusing his eyes he saw that all the remaining guards where ready to keep trying to fight him while a few where taking care of the ones he already threw up. The Ranger then noticed a pony that stood taller than the rest, almost as tall as he was while its horn made up the distance and then some. Shobbit then put the body of the guard down as he ran his insightful eye over the being before him.

He could tell it was a mare and looked similar to the small purple one he first saw in the woods, on her rear was the image of a sun, and her face bore an expression that he had seen many times before an angered royalty. "I am Princess Celestia, I rule Equestria alongside my sister Princess Luna." She said to Shobbit as her glare hardened, "And I don't appreciate it when my little ponies are threatened."

Shobbit chuckled "So a Diarchy uh...... Well I am Shobbit O'Gale a Dragon Ranger of Alvinailey, and I simply wish to ask how your relations are with dragons?"


Celestia and Shobbit were now standing in the throne room, Celestia on her throne and Shobbit standing tall before her. Somethings had been explained but the Princess wanted to clarify and make sure she heard correctly. "So you're saying your from a different world and have exterminated all the dragons from it?" she asked making sure to hide the slight fear in her voice.

"Yes Ma'am that is correct. And after I find the Dragon Emperor from my world I will be keeping my word from years ago to cleanse whatever world I'm on of dragons." Shobbit then turned on his heels his cloak flicking upward at the sudden movement and then followed its owner billowing behind him as he walked.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay in this Chapter and I'm sorry that so many of you don't like what I have so far. So if you could please start voicing your opinions instead of just hitting dislike it would be much appreciated and I can fix what you don't like.