• Published 25th Jun 2016
  • 2,568 Views, 48 Comments

Antumbra - Ice Star



A story of three Alicorn siblings living in an exotic desert kingdom long before Celestia and Luna were born, yet they have more influence on the lives of the Two Sisters than they realize...

  • ...
7
 48
 2,568

Chapter 12: Amira the Technomancer and her Creations

There was a gleam of scholarly delight in the eyes of Amira Fire-sight as she scrutinized every detail of her latest mechanical creation while her magic sparked it into full operation.

Standing before her on a raised dais of polished marble with accompanying wooden framework was a large, almost chariot-sized collection of white and opalescent crystals. They were arrayed in a geometrically perfect sphere, arcs of electricity rippling and dancing across their lattices from a star-like core they revolved around in perfect concert.

After months of free time having been exhausted refining her assembly technique, power distribution, and overall construct design, the demigoddess had completed work on what she planned to unveil to Al Far’iimbra as the most advanced magitech novelty ever yet conceived.

Amira had succeeded in producing one of the first, and most powerful, stationary and continuously operating generators of magical power and electricity yet seen in the world. But it was only the first half of the true novel creation she had concocted in her further grand efforts to advance her knowledge and that of all civilization around her ever onwards.

Currents of magical energy wisped out from the outermost surfaces of the crystals like the billowing tails of a spirit’s robes towards a curious-looking contraption that Amira kept on the wooden table beside the dias.

A gold and ivory printing press, of the size appropriate for producing tomes, readily absorbed the magic and began channeling it to its apparatuses. As Amira watched expectantly, no less the eager scholar and tinkerer, the printing press began acting off its own accord. Paper and ink was loaded in via automated enhancements in the crystals, and page after page, a fresh copy of one of her treatises was hot off the press, ready for perusal.

Amira inspected the fresh tome of knowledge and beamed. While novel now, perhaps this machine could soon prove to be a worthy weapon in the war against what little ignorance that dared to linger in the world?

Author's Note:

Written by Word Worthy