• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 7,613 Views, 123 Comments

Suddenly, Young Again! - RealityWarper



"Either I'm tripping balls, which is possible since I took quite a few hits... Or this is all real. And I'm a kid again."

  • ...
64
 123
 7,613

Chicken, or Eagle?

They say time flies by when you're having fun, and for me these words couldn't be any truer. However, the bad news to this I'm not having fun, thusly time was all but moving on the pendulum. The clock in question ticked and tocked mercilessly, echoing it's dramatic powerful sound waves in my skull. All I had was this Daring Doo book, and I found out the hard way that this stuff is in a strange script I can't read. I did have some time to do some inspection, besides the currently missing Rainbow Dash there seemed to be few other patients in this place. If I didn't know better, I'd say none.

Well, that's not completely true. Just a few prior hours earlier I'd noticed a strange swirl eyed pony with an even stranger ever propelling beanie on her head. Said pony looked to be creeping around the hospital, but I'd seen her name on the patients list in the board room. I forgot what her name actually was but I was pretty sure it started with an "S". She was the only thing that actually entertained me, well her and Rainbow both. And both of them were equally not here, thus my current bored predicament. Though, earlier there had been a huge commotion, the lights had shut down, and the whole place got increasingly dark, luckily I was situated near a window where the light was pouring in.

"Hey Max, you doing alright?" Sliding to a halt before me, Rainbow Dash gave me a concerned look. "You haven't been the same since you woke up earlier kiddo, something you wanna talk about? If you don't, that's totally cool too. I know how it is to have a problem and not being able to tell some pony something. " I glance over at the pony, giving a long measured stare as I contemplated her deeper existence. How could you tell someone that they were simply figments of imagination that existed within the fabric of my drug addled mind.

Simple answer? You don't. Who's to say my universe wasn't any more real than hers? That in itself was kind of hard to swallow though, but no one knows what reality truly is. Hard to say. Simply shaking my head, I give the prismatic pony a feigned amicable smile. "I'm fine." I ponder asking her about the strange currently missing pony, but shrug it off in the end. "So, where am I going once I'm out of here?"

Rainbow Dash glances up at the ceiling thoughtfully. "Well, your case is kind of... different. So, there are a lot of ponies out there that's willing to help you out. I'd welcome you to stay with me, but you're... Well, you don't have wings." What? "I didn't mean it like that!" She quickly corrects herself, seeing my betrayed look. "I stay in a cloud house above Ponyville, and Unicorns and Earth Ponies can't walk on cloud surfaces." Ah. It's a good thing she probably A: Thinks since I'm a kid I don't know, or B: Thinks I'm generally stupid or uninformed. Either way, it worked out in my favor!

One point, me. One point, Rainbow.

The odds are a little too even for my taste.

"So really, it's up to you to chose for any pony who is up for taking care of you. It'll be temporary, y'know. Till we find your parents. Fluttershy offered, but we all agreed her place isn't exactly the best place right now. She's kind of got her hooves full with another kid right now." Another kid? I didn't take her for the child friendly type. Well, that meant Butter is out the question. That leaves the Bookworm, and the orphanage. Seriously debating on which one is worse. On one hand, I get to get knowledge, access to a library, and free food! On the other, I have someone telling me what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. That's something I'm not very fond of. On the other hand, I could wander around and try to do something fun. But I might get in danger again like I did earlier. Could I die here like a video game?

Wait, would I get a game over screen? Freaky thought. That's some creepy-pasta grade shit right there. I think that meant I'd get my own theme song! I wonder what it would sound like...

I hope it's Dubstep!

Oh, I lost track again. Hey! Music, track, dubstep, I'm on a roll today! I half pondered hopping off the bed and trying to roll around like Sonic to amuse my inner muse but I was pretty sure I'd just be branded a retard and not fit to leave the medical care unit. Given that they haven't already done that from my less than acceptable behavior.

"What's wrong kiddo? Why the long face?" Rainbow gave me a concerned look, apparently seeing my emotions as my newly flattened ears weren't quite adept at hiding my feelings like my face could.

Wait did she just make a horse pun?

Rainbow Dash was staring at me as if waiting for an answer, and I had been staring at her to figure out if she was trying to be funny. After a few moments of staring, I shake my head and turn back to look at the floor. It's been far too long without my precious substance, I'm probably going to have to go out on a run to see what I could scrounge up.

'-ax? You there bud?"

I blinked, coming to, to notice Rainbow Dash staring at me with a confused look so I guess she'd said something or she was wanting me to pick somebody to go with. Well, let's weigh our options once again... Free food, books, bossy pony bookworm, or take off in the night when no one was around to go exploring. Now, this option had to be weighed carefully as this could be an event, and I might even get special items or something like that! I guess I can stick around for a little bit, it seems interesting enough, I didn't have any income if all this actually is real, so I'd prefer to actually try to survive than find out if I can live forever by DYING. Only other choice was the orphanage, and they couldn't shove me in there even if they had telekinetic force!


"--Crap! They actually got telekinetic force!" Why couldn't I just be the only magical being!? Twilight had me in her magical grip after I decided that the best course of options was booking it out of there. "Release me at once!-- Please." I add mostly as an after note. "I'll fight you one v. one!" Now, let me clarify. I hate being told what to do, end of story. Taking orders for years on end does that to you. I know it was a stupid choice, but it's my stupid choice to make!

"Max! You can't just run away from all your problems in life! Neither can violence!" Twilight chastised, 'dragging' me through the town with her telekinetic grasp.

"What're you talkin' about?" I ask incredulously. "I do it all the time! Works out fine for me! You see the problem is that most pe--onies are assholes, and by kicking their asses you're solving the problem!" Whew, caught myself. Both ponies gave me aghast looks for my foul language. What? It's not like I was actively trying to curse, it just slips out from so much usage that it's hard to go cold turkey!

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth, kid? If I was you and an adult was near I'd have gotten soaped jammed in my throat!" Something tells me suds didn't taste good, and further more I would like to not have any object of any form lodged down my throat, thank you! "Who taught you how to talk like that?" I open my mouth to willingly get myself into further shit before I take a moment to realize how stupid I would have to be to continue to dig my own grave with anything I said. 'I got something to jam down your-'

"Are you going to be a chicken your whole life? Or are you gonna be an eagle!?" Rainbow Dash demanded an answer from me with an irritated frown forming.

"BAWK! BAWK- BAWK! BAH-CHAWK!" I cluck. I got a bunch of strange looks from the town inhabitants, but it looks like they were used to stuff like this because they just turned a blind eye, continued to stare at me, or completely ignored my presence. Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Ugh! What's it with these foals and them trying to run away?" Rainbow Dash complained. Wait, what? Foals? As in more than one?

"Pardon?" Rainbow Dash turned to me with a sheepish smile on her face for some reason, waving her hoof dismissively. "Regardless, I've seen that library of yours, and I'm not too fond of chores!"

"So... You're lazy." She stated.

"I plee the fifth." I gave them my best poker face, or at least my best as I could as I was being dragged through the air by a Purple Pony by magic.

"The what?" Rainbow Dash cocked her head, giving me an inquisitive look.

"You can't do this! There has to be somewhere written in my rights that this is kidnapping!"

"Actually," Twilight began. Oh here we go... "By law it's required that either you're admitted to an orphanage, or within one of our cares." She then lowered her voice, giving me a sweet smile. "We're your friends! We only want to help you, don't you want some help? It's not like I'm a slave driver or something."


"ACHOO!" Spike rubbed nose, sniffling and wiping away the bacteria with a handkerchief-- "--Wait, Uh oh..." Spike's eyes slowly roamed upward as the large stack of books wavered from the force of the sneeze, he'd been re-organizing Twilight's library for her, again-- and he got a great idea to stack them all alphabetically instead of walking back and forth to the shelves. "Well, that's SNOT good..." He punned to himself, grim humor to himself seeing as he was about to be bear witness to hours worth of work coming undone within the second of a single sneeze. To his dismay, all of the toppled books were now falling in his direction. Spike's last moments awake would be followed by the wake of a wall of black, created by the wave of books. The baby dragon's pupils dilated.
"Mommy..."

...


'What's with this ominous overwhelming feeling of pity in my gut?' I thought to myself, shuddering as I felt the anguish of some poor soul. I glance back up at the awaiting Twilight who had a patient smile etched on her muzzle, but to me it was the church bells ringing, sounding my impending doom.

"I've got a bad feeling abut this..." I mutter to myself, as I see the tree house up ahead slowly rising over the hill into my view.