• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 1,102 Views, 46 Comments

Runaway - Kix



A young teen is fed up with the curves and twists life is seemingly throwing at her and desperately tries to escape to forget herself a new life.

  • ...
5
 46
 1,102

Chapter Six; First Meeting- Chrysalis

Author's Note:

I still cannot believe how quickly I was able to rock out this chapter and the one to follow. I'll post chapter seven sometime tomorrow. As always any and all comments, both kinds are welcomed.

After getting a run down by Shining Armor, who spoke exclusively to his aunt to be, we were told that we had to wait in the E.R. waiting room. I just watch my companion as she paces anxiously while talking to her older sister. Despite my calm outward appearance, I can relate to how she is feeling as I wait for her to hang up, addressing the other woman in the room. “Hey Pose, is there any way you can prevent her condition and location from reaching her current foster family?”

“I don’t think it’ll be that hard, considering how bad of a shape she is in. And before you ask, no, I cannot tell you, at least not yet. I’ll keep you two informed if anything happens or when she wakes up ok.” A yawn cuts off my reply, so all I do is nod before turning and grabbing Luna.

“Hey love, I know you want to stay, so do I, but we need to go home and get as much sleep as we can. Posey’ll let us know when she wakes up and will keep her foster family from finding out where she is. Now am I going to have to hogtie you, or will you come willingly?”

“Alright, I’ll concede to you this time. But the second you get the news she wakes up, you are immediately going to come and pick me up, got it.” As she walks past me she gives me her most menacing glare while removing her car keys. The drive to my house is quiet as we both contemplate possible outcomes for the girl. Even once we got home, we stay mostly silent and just flop on the bed, not caring about our usual rituals.

***** ***** *****

The next morning, I wake to find that Luna has already left and it’s nearing ten in the morning. I must have slept deeper than I thought, at least there isn’t anyone at work who is gonna complain about how late I am. Know what, fuck it, I’m not even going in today. Not even bothering to change or put on any clothes, I grab my laptop and settle in front of the large tv in the living room which has multiple gaming systems hooked to it and plop down in the sofa in just my boxers and sports bra. For the next three hours, I just spend my time digging even deeper into Moonshade’s case worker and current foster family until my anger gets the better of me and I have to stop.

After a light lunch and a few calls, I settle back into the couch and start up a show I’ve been enjoying on Netflix. My ringing phone snaps me back to attention, and thanks to the unique ring tone, I can guess exactly who is calling. I hope she has good news. “Hey Posey, you got any info for me? Cause I have some that may darken your day.”

“Hey Chrys, she just woke up but they aren’t allowing visitors for an hour, just to be safe. Also, there are some things I need to discuss with you, preferably in person. How soon can you get here?”

“I’ll be there in about thirty minutes. Need to pick Luna up first, I’ll see you then.” Hanging up before the other woman can reply, I grab a pair of clothes from the dirty hamper that happens to be the closest and dress while ignoring the smell slightly wafting from them. Grabbing my phone and bluetooth headset, I hurry to my bike and jam on my helmet, dialing Luna as I start the bike and rush to the school. “HEY LUNA, SHE’S AWAKE AND I’M COMING TO PICK YOU UP.” Due to the whistling wind whipping around me I have to shout into her voicemail, hoping she gets it before I get there.

As I stop in front of the school, the lack of a certain blue-skinned woman standing out front waiting leads me to parking my machine and hurrying inside. “Hey Chrys, what’s the rush?” Sunset’s smiling face comes into view as she rounds the corner. Keeping in step with me, she wraps an arm around my waist as I beeline to the office.

“Hey bacon horse. I can’t stop and chat, that girl Moonshade just woke up and Posey wants to speak to me. I promised Luna I’d pick her up and take her with me.” As I enter the office with the girl in tow, a surprised Celestia straightens up as we enter, slightly taken aback by my appearance, or maybe the fact I still have my helmet on. “Hey, I need to talk to Luna. Can you spare her for the rest of the day?”

“What’s wrong, Chrys? Why such a rush? And Luna should be back in a few minutes.” the tri color haired woman says as she leads me into her office, giving Sunset a hug in the process. “And what brings you to the office?”

“I was asked to drop this off to you, mom.” The teen hands over a pile of papers gripped in her right hand. Before she exits, she turns and looks at her foster mom. “Think once school lets out we can….. try and visit her?”

“We’ll see. Chrysalis and Luna are gonna go and see her first, and if things go well enough, we will.” With a smile, Sunset turns and hurries back to her class. “What exactly was that about? Who are you going to go see at the hospital? What happened?” Celestia asks as she sets aside the stack of papers.

“Long story short, Moonshade got caught yesterday by your niece's boy toy and she tried to run. Ended up breaking an ankle and dislocating her shoulder. She just woke up and I promised Luna I’d pick her up….. well, speak of the devil. Luna, we gotta go.”

The woman just entering the office looks at me before turning and following me. I can tell she is slightly confused, but it lasts for only a minute or two as I thrust the spare helmet into her hand. “They won’t allow visitors for about another thirty minutes or so, but we need to talk to Posey first. She has some important information for us.” I shout as the bike growls to life, Luna leaning back and gripping the handle bar.

The drive to the hospital is quick, though perilous due to the high speed of our travel. Shaking, Luna steps off the bike and walks next to me. Following Posey’s directions, we find her in an office and patiently wait for her to end the call. I just hope things aren’t too too bad with Moonshade.

“Hey Chrys, thanks for making it here as fast as you can. How are you, Luna?” As the pink haired woman hangs up the phone, I watch as she seems to literally deflate in front of us. “I must warn you two, what I’ve been told….. it isn’t pretty. Unfortunately I can’t tell you because right now, you are not her legal guardians. I forwarded the information you gave me, Chrysalis, and it is causing a literal shit storm in my office. As of right now, Moonshade has no legal guardians, only myself as her case worker.”

“I’m doing well, Posey. Is there anything you can tell us without getting into trouble?”

“Not anything the two of you don’t already know. I don’t know how you two feel about it, but I want you two to seriously consider either fostering her or seeing if Celestia will. If I have to foster her then I won’t be able to work on her case, which means that there is a better chance of someone from her old city of residence coming and bulldozing their way into being able to take her back. But for now, as long as I’m present or give my authorization, you can visit with her.”

I wonder what is going through Luna’s pretty little head right now. I….. who knows, I might actually settle for fostering this kid.

“Just curious, without doing any of the….. less than legal stuff my sister did to adopt Sunset, how long will it take to foster her?” Luna’s question throws me a little as I look at her curiously.

Hm, I wonder why she wants to know that. She never seemed like one to do this sort of thing, or even talk about having kids in general.

“Well, I can fast track it for you somewhat since I know you both live in good houses and can certainly provide for her. However, you do need to go through a bunch of classes and become certified. So until that happens, Celestia will have to take her in if she’s to have the best chance.” Taking a glance at the clock on the wall behind us, she rises and gives us a smile. “Well, it should be clear to visit her now. That is….. if you want to.”

With the invitation extended, myself and Luna stand and follow the caseworker down a couple halls, making me feel as if we’re in a labyrinth. A quick exchange behind a mostly closed door between Posey and the doctor somewhat brings back the usually warm smile on the light yellow skinned woman. “Well, doctors said she can have visitors, but for now they’re keeping it at two. Since I already talked to her, you two can go on in.”

As we step inside the room, I can feel my heart drop at the sight of the girl on the bed. Her wrapped leg is suspended in the air with her arm in a sling across her chest. To add to the sight, a cuff is attached to her other arm and ankle. As she turns at the sound of the door opening, her blood red eyes fix on us, filled with anger and pain. Even her voice is filled with the negative emotions. “What do you two want? Get out! I told them I don’t want to see anyone, no matter who they are.”

Well, this is a bad start, not really surprising considering what she has gone through. A plan forms in my mind, and before Luna can say anything, I whisper it in her ear, which earns me a smile and nod. We can feel her anger-filled gaze follow us as we go and sit down in some chairs, positioning them so our backs are to the girl. “Hey Luna, have you read the latest Daring Do book?”