• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 1,100 Views, 46 Comments

Runaway - Kix



A young teen is fed up with the curves and twists life is seemingly throwing at her and desperately tries to escape to forget herself a new life.

  • ...
5
 46
 1,100

Chapter Four; Work and Play- Chrysalis

Author's Note:

Finally..... another chapter is posted. To be honest this one took a very different curve than I wanted it to, but I hope you guys still enjoy it.

You know, I could get used to this. With a smile, I stretch as consciousness begins to flood my senses. The arms of another woman draped around my midsection holding tightly along with her face buried against my shoulder keep me from making any sudden movements. With a hard exhalation, a lock of purple and blue hair that has been tickling my nose flies away, only to be draped against my eyes, blocking my vision slightly.

“Hey Luna, it’s time to wake up. You don’t want to be late do you?” All she does in reply is grumble and shift as I extract myself from her arms. With a playful shove, a surprised yelp is followed by a thud as she rolls off the bed, entangled in the blankets. “Morning.”

“You’ll pay for that Chrys, now help me get untangled.” Her attempt to be threatening only causes me to laugh as I help her out of the mess. With a snarl, she heads off to her personal bathroom and shuts door.

Would be fun to join her, but we don’t have time, oh well. The thought and following images flow through my mind as I grab a clean bra and pair of panties from my sleepover dresser and head to the guest bathroom. A giggle comes from behind me as I’m about to step into the bathroom, one I know well. “And what are you finding so funny, bacon hair?”

“Well, you seem to be in a good mood. Have a good night with Luna?” the teen asks as she heads towards the kitchen where the smells of eggs, bacon and hash browns are floating from.

“Yes I did, thank you very much. I take it Tia is up early for a change, judging by the smells coming down the hall.”

“Yeah, she decided to cook breakfast, and plans to have that talk with you.” With a breath, she stops before turning the corner and looks at me sadly. “I know you’re busy, but….. could you spend some time looking for that girl please?”

“I will, and I have some outside help as well.” I give her a smile full of confidence before stepping inside and closing the door. The shower is bliss as the hot water cascades down my body, that and trying to avoid goodie two shoes’ lecture keeps me in the room for a few minutes longer. Almost as good as being held by someone at night.

“Someone is in a good mood, hungry?” the teasing voice greets as I step into the dining room and sit next to Luna about fifty minutes later. “We still need to have that talk, Chrys.”

“Starving, thanks. And yeah, I had a good night.” I give Luna a playful nudge and chuckle at her smile as a plate slides in front of me. “Well that talk is gonna have to wait mom, isn’t it close to school time?”

“Yes it is, and until we get things sorted out with that bike, you’re riding with me or Luna, understood?” Watching the fiery haired teen slump her shoulders in defeat draws a chuckle from myself and Luna. “And I know you have a regular car Chrys, so until we get through with this talk, I don’t want you driving your bike here.” My following humph and crossed arms causes Sunset to childishly poke her tongue out at me.

***** ***** *****

As I walk through my office I check the new messages, most of them are either updates from my field agents or possible new jobs, though one is from Lulu and the other is from my contact. Seems he’s still upset over what happened, but at least he’s willing to help.

Once I get to my computer and pull up the files from yesterday, I sort them out and send my guy an email that includes a list of places she tends to favor, the criteria she looks for when shoplifting and other habits. Following the email I give him a text, letting him know I sent the info. The rest of my morning is filled with nothing but going over the reports first and responding to each one before I begin to go over the requests from possible clients.

Well, better call up a meeting and we’ll go over this list, see what they have to say. Despite being the sole owner of my security company, I find it’s good practice to go over clients with the board, just in case they find something I may have missed, though it is unlikely. This goes double for when the job may delve into the more secretive side of my company.

My phone goes off unexpectedly, but the ring tone brings a smile to my lips even though it disturbs my current train of thought. “Hey Lulu, what’s up?”

“I’m doing good, I was wondering….. do you wanna have lunch together?”

I know what my answer is as soon as she says lunch, or together. Anyway I give her a few seconds just to tense things up and torment her a little. “Sounds good, and it’ll be my treat. When can Tia let you loose?”

“I can take off at eleven thirty, I’ll stop by a…..”

“I’ll pick you up Lulu, see you in….. one hour.” My smile only grows at the tension-filled voice coming through the earpiece begins to sound more and more relieved. “I’ll see you then, beautiful.”

“O….. okay, see you then Chrysi.” While I can’t see, it I can almost feel the blush that must be covering her cheeks as we hang up. The hour passes by with arranging the potential clients from most to least possible of being accepted, along with setting up the board meeting. However, one thought dominates all others. Where should I take her? As I start up my bike my thoughts debate on a couple different restaurants. Eventually I settle on a local family diner, which happens to be Lulu’s favorite, as I pull up to the front of the school.

“Hey, you know where I can find a beautiful woman, she’s about your height and weight, is the vice principal and ready to go on a date?” The woman I ask just fumes a little as anger slightly mars her features, but she still gets in.

“You know, times like this make me wonder why I fell for you.” She turns and looks at the group of kids sitting on the front steps and giggling.

“Oh, don’t be so grouchy. I am taking you out, you know.” After a quick kiss we head on out, going towards our favorite diner. Well, that shut her up, and put on of those goofy smiles I like so much to boot. With a final smile, I maneuver around the semi full lot to get us a spot close to the door.

It doesn’t take long for us to get a seat and order. “So, how have the brats been treating you?”

“Sometimes I wonder why I decided to team with my sister and be her vice principal. Just this morning we had two fights, the three nightmares were sent to the office on FOUR separate occasions, two other students were given detention and yet again the rainbow haired egomaniac had to get a referral.”

“You love it, and you and I both know it. I don’t even know why you’re complaining.” As our food appears we sit back, only then noticing we have been slowly sliding closer together, with only the table between us.

“You’re right, I wouldn’t leave that school even if I was paid to. Now, how has the search for that new girl….. Moonshade, was it? How’s it been going?”

“I sent out the info to what feelers I could, and other people that can help search. But I haven’t been able to do any personal looking yet, though my afternoon is pretty free.”

“Alright, because Sunset is very worried about her, along with the others. Even some of the other students are a little worried, and not in a good way. It’s causing some disruption in the classrooms.”

The rest of our meal goes by with our usual small talk which doesn’t last long due to Luna’s need to return to work. I bring her back in front of the school, and a blushing Luna earns a snicker from me after I sneak in a full kiss before she exits. Her embarrassment is compounded once she notices the same group of kids sitting out front eating their lunch, causing them to launch into another round of laughter. Heck, maybe it’ll stir up some rumors or something to tweak at Celestia’s tail.

The look on her face widens my smile as I begin to drive around the closest section where the girl would most likely be found. The next four hours are mostly a big waste of time as my search comes up empty, though I had to stop a few times to keep up with the newly sent emails and messages.

By six I’m back in the office and getting ready to pass on what I need to the night staff. I know today isn’t over, with but it seems like today is a no go. Either she’s better at hiding, or she’ll be more active tonight. We need to readjust if that’s the case.

As I’m about to head out the door around seven, there is a little bit of good news. Well, he may not be sure yet if it is her or not, but he’s gonna spend some more time watching her. On that glimpse of a silver lining I head on out for home for my date tonight.

For tonight, Luna decided to pick me up, and while she tells me to wear something formal. She keeps the destination secret, knowing I hate secrets. Eventually I settle on a dress of midnight blue with the shoulders and upper chest bare. The skirt of the dress barely touches the floor, is one solid piece and surprising loose around my legs. Teal silk lines the hems along the short tight sleeves, chest and shoulders. Teal heels grace my feet and clack against the cement as I hurry to meet Luna.

As I step into the vehicle, I’m taken by her choice of dress. It’s a light purple number with a slightly v’d neckline and long sleeves. Judging by the bare skin peeking through, I can tell there is a slit going up to her upper thigh. Unfortunately, my visual inspection is interrupted by a phone call from someone I wasn’t expecting to hear from. “Hey what’s up?”

“I found your girl, we’re at the hospital in the E.R.”

“Alright, we’ll be there shortly.” Looking at Luna, I mouth the word hospital as she just looks at me in slight confusion. Quickly, I hop in and slam the door. There goes date night. Don’t worry Luna, you’ll have to tempt me some other time. Despite my thoughts, I keep myself focused on my guy recalling the events that led to her being taken to the hospital. I can already hear my companion’s question coming as I wrap up the short one sided conversation.

“What happened?”