• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 714 Views, 6 Comments

Lady Trixie and the Black Knight - Opium4TmassS



Trixie is kidnapped and forced to join a quest by a deranged knight.

  • ...
3
 6
 714

Enter the Black Knight

"Here you go meester," said the young pony licking a lollipop almost the size of her head. "My mom says you probably need this more than us. Said you were probably in a war or something with all that rusted black armor." The gold bit the young filly gave glittered in the early morning sun as it was thrust into the knight's hoof. The child stood there licking her candy, staring at the pony in armor with huge vacant eyes that usually occurs when a copious amount of sugar is ingested by one so young. "Why are you hiding behind the dead bush meester? Are you playin’ hide and seek? Everyone can see you meester."

The knight turned his head slowly to examine this newcomer. Their was a loud scraping noise from metal not being well maintained. Followed by more metal scraping together as he lifted his visor to look at the young filly. It was a young face, quite handsome actually, except for the eyes. The wild crazy eyes of his. He had the kind of eyes that would charge an enraged dragon armed with only a spork, if you added the words For Glory, when you asked him too. "What is thy name child?" He asked in a stern but friendly voice.

"Morning Dew, but everyone calls me Dew," she said offering her candy to him. "Wanna bite?"

The knight straightened himself up to his full height, towering over the young filly. "I am Sir William de Molay Thistlewood the Fourth. Knight of the Whistmare table, defender of Equestria, slayer of the mighty Nightmare Wyvern Thod, destroyer of the vile witch of the Bogwood swamp. Questing for the legendary Chalice of Forlorn Hope. I sincerely thankest you, but I don't want a bite. You slobbered all over it."

Morning Dew rubbed the candy over her body to remove her saliva. Covering it with her fur and bits of whatever else got stuck to it. She offered it again to the knight. "How bout now Meester? I cleaned it for you." Offering the treat to him that suddenly grew a coat to keep it warm.

"Morning Dew!" said a piercing voice,"Honey give the poor pony the bit and head back. The show will be starting soon."

"Okay mum!" she shouted back in that special voice all children have found. The right tone and depth that can rupture an eardrum at twenty yards. "Bye meester knight, good luck with your knight stuff," the filly said. Running off to rejoin her mother.

The knight frowned as he watched the child run back to her parent, He had thought he had found the perfect hiding spot for his reconnaissance, but this was the sixteenth time he has been offered money by somepony thinking he was a destitute veteran who was down on his luck. "Maybe I hath chosen a poor spot to hide," he thought to himself, "maybe right next to the entrance wasn't the best place to spy."

"Master! Master!" said a young female unicorn running up to Sir William. She was dressed in a simple tunic, checker boarded in red and white squares, with a double headed dragon insignia made of gold, embroidered on the chest. Tied to her were various bags of supplies, And a banner tied on top of those supplies, jutting awkwardly above the pony's head. Unfurled it was the same dragon symbol on a field of red. The young pony stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"SSHH!" the knight hissed, "Quiet squire! Were supposed to be unseen for this most valuable of missions." Either ignoring or deliberately not seeing the crowd of onlookers who were watching the two. Wondering if they were all part of the show.

"Apologies! Sir Apologies!" Aurora Rosewater said adjusting her burden and taking a few moments to catch her breath. "You had vanished as I was busy packing up our tents. I was worried." she finished between gulps of air, almost collapsing from exhaustion."

The knight steadied his squire fetching the water bottle attached to the packs on her back. "Drink slowly Aurora," Sir William said handing her the jug. "I don't know why you feel thy need to always be at my side," he chided her, "I can very well survive five minutes without thy most trusted squire."

Rosewater was glad her mouth was to full too speak, afraid she might say something she would probably regret later on. She was truly amazed by the way he looked at the world. Really she was. It was such a shame that no other pony looked at it quite the same way. Getting chased out of quite a few towns with his heroic deed. Like the slaying of the dreaded Wyrm of Eel that he single hooved killed. That miraculously turned into the mayor's now destroyed house. Strange that no one believed him. Or being threatened by a tarring and feathering after that investigation of the mysterious disappearance of Damsel Teal the baker's wife. Which turned out she had disappeared into Mr. Peels barn to uhh....Watch the mating rituals of the stripped barn owl with Mr. Peel while Mrs. Peel was asleep. Which is the story they stuck to, after Sir William tied them both up. and dragged them into the town square. Rosewater shuddered at the memory. Their spouses had words with them, then words with each other spouses. Some hoof and frying pans were accompanied with those words. "Poor Mr. Peel. He couldn't see straight for the next six weeks after that," She thought to herself.

"Equestria would be up in flames if you were left alone for five minutes," said another thought buried deep within her.

"Sorry Sir. Nervous sir," she finally said calming herself from the exertion, "you still haven't told me why we are scouting this fair?"

"Ah! I wanted to watch some more before I told you of my plans. But since you are here might as well get started," he said pulling out a rolled up parchment and handing to Aurora. "When I saw this, I knew it was a sign. Good fortune smiles on us on our quest for the Chalice of Forlorn Hope."

The squire unrolled the paper, giving it a long thoughtful look, foreshadowing the chaos that was going to happen shortly as she began to read it:

Today and today only

Witness never before seen acts of incredible magic

Performed by the one and only

GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!

Food! Games! and Fun for the entire family.

and most importantly

MAGIC!

"This is an advertisement for a magic show my lord. What does it have to do with your quest?"

Sir William chuckled over his squire's ignorance, "this mere magic show as you put it, is being held by a powerful sorceress Lady Trixie herself. One as great and powerful as her will be instrumental for fetching the chalice."

"I can do magic as well my lord," huffed Aurora Rosewater surprised to find herself feeling a bit jealous, "I am also a unicorn ."

"Never!" Shouted Sir William De Molay causing more ponies to glance in his direction. A few which came over to drop more money on the ground next to him. "I told you before, It is beneath a knight to use magic. Thy have certainly never used it myself," he said proudly thumping himself on the chest, causing small flakes of rust to fall off and gently rain onto the ground.

"But you're not a unicorn, you can't use magic, master," mumbled Rosewater.

"What was that squire?"

"Nothing Sir! Nothing! Just got some dust caught in the back of my throat," Aurora Rosewater replied making some fake growling noises. "Umm...So...umm...what are your plans exactly? You are going to ask her aren't you? Its not going to be like that time in the city of Nestle with the enchanted chicken again, is it? I'm not up for a long distance run from another angry mob."

"That was not my fault squire," Sir William replied, "how was I to know that foul fowl had enchanted the entire village into thinking it was just a harmless gob of poultry."

"Funny sir. Foul fowl, I like that," she said thinking he was making a joke. Then stopped when she saw the serious look on his face. "Sorry Sir."

"Why do I get the feeling that you're not taking your squire duties seriously," He said eyeing the squire up and down.

"I couldn't tell you master," she said withering under the knight's gaze.

"Thought it would be all fun and games. Prancing through the woods Tra-la-la. Rescuing damsels and fighting dragons. "

"No master. I eagerly train under the greatest knight I have ever known," she said mentally editing the additional phrase, "and the only insane knight I have ever known."

"And don't you forg...," the words dropping off to nothingness as his attention was focused elsewhere. Wide eyed in surprise, the knight suddenly ducked down behind the wilting plant.

"Master?" Aurora asked in puzzlement. Secretly fearing that he was succumbing to another form of madness. Wondering if she was going to have to tie him up again. "Are you okay master?"

"Get down," he hissed grabbing Aurora's tunic and pulling her until she got to his level. "We have a new problem."

"So why do we need to hide sir?" Aurora asked, "everyone can already see us. Everyone has already seen us."

Sir William the fourth pointed at the six newcomers entering, "look over their. Villainy is approaching."

A feeling of dread overcame the young squire. Being with her master for almost a year now had given her quite a keen sense of premonition for survival, mixing with an old hate she thought she had gotten over. "No! No! No! Sir! That's Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends. You're not gonna take them on Sir? She's the Princess of Friendship, whatever that is. They will hang us if we so much as harm one hair on her head. HANG US SIR!"

"I know not of this 'Princess of Friendship' you tell me about. I see the Six Witches of the Nilbog Castle. Evil women that destroy and pollute everything in their path," The knight said narrowing his eyes dangerously at the six ponies. "Squire, fetch me my sword and shield."

"Master I beg you," Aurora cried out grabbing the knight, "please don't do this! For once in your life listen to me."

****

"Why are we here again?" Rainbow Dash grumbled, "I mean its great she got her act together. But couldn't we have just sent her a letter or something."

"Hush now Rainbow Dash, don't be mean." Fluttershy said. "I think its great that she has pulled herself up and is trying so hard to do good. And we as friends should support her."

"Mhmhmh Mffffhm mmh fffhmm mhhff."

"Don't talk with your mouth full Pinkie, swallow," said Applejack.

"I think its super great we're seeing Trixie. And better than that is all this FAIR FOOD." Pinkie shouted with joy. Stuffing herself with more treats. "Hmmf ffmm hhffmm mfffhh!"

"Fluttershy is right girls. Trixie has been working really hard on how much she has changed," said Twilight Sparkle as they headed into the fairgrounds. "We should show our support."

"Witch? What witch? Witch is witch? Who's a witch?" said Rarity looking around.

"What are you talking about?" asked Applejack.

"I'm sorry darling, I thought I heard somepony call us a witch. Must be my imagination."

"Probably from those two weirdos behind the bush near the entrance," said Rainbow Dash pointing behind her. "The one wearing all that rusted and dented armor. Looks like a flake if you ask me."

"Hush Dash we shouldn't criticize our soldiers, we don't know what they been through," said Twilight.

"Well I gave him a bit," said Pinkie bouncing along.

The stage they stopped at showed better care than the other one Trixie brought with her on her first visit to Ponyville. Lacquered wood gave off a slight shine in the early morning sun. Ornate jeweles were being hung up by workers carefully arranging the props according to their Overseers Taste. And their in the middle of it all stood Trixie back towards them as she watched over the work being done.

"The moon needs to go in the middle of the stage," shouted Trixie, "higher. Yes a bit higher than that. Perfect!"

Trixie was so focused on her work she almost didn't notice the six until they were right behind her. "I see you got yourself a better set than the old one. Congratulations," said Twilight causing Trixie to nearly jump out of her skin.

"Twilight! Oh my Celestia you scared me. What are you and your other friends doing here?" she said. Putting her hoof over her heart.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to come by and say hi to you," Twilight said looking around the stage. "I'm liking this new stage. Better than the old one."

"Why thank you. It's good to hear that from you. It did cost a pretty bit to replace the old one but...," Trixie stopped. Looking beyond the six ponies at the commotion and screaming near the front. "What is going on over their?"

"I think he's charging us."

****

"I beg you master let us just go. I'm sure you are mistaken," She cried feeling her muscles start to strain as she pulled the knight with all her strength to get him to go. "I think we should move on to the next town. I heard it was being invaded by the vicious sugar cookie bandits or something like that," Aurora groaned inwardly knowing she wasn't a think-on-her-hooves type of pony. But she did see doubt cross his face. Maybe he finally did drift down to planet Equestria, Aurora Rosewater hoped. It didn't happen too often, but it did happen.

"Maybe you're right squire. Maybe I should..."

It was times like these Aurora Rosewater learned fate was a word-we-shouldn't-use-in-these-types-of-fics.

"What do we have here Crossroad?" asked a very muscular pony. suddenly standing over the two.

"Somepony in really bad armor trying to sneak in it looks like," said another just as wellbuilt pony.

"Oh no," whimpered Aurora. The image of her body dangling from a noose filling her mind.

"Were going to give you the count of one to scram," said the first one reaching his hoof over to the knight. "Three! Two! On..."

And then the world suddenly changed in very interesting ways. Especially for the two ponies who learned new exciting positions the body could be twisted into.

****

"MMAASSSTTTEEERRR!" Aurora cried. Unable to keep up, as he sped forth, charging the seven ponies who were staring at him dumbfounded. His sword glinted from catching rays of the sun. Or at least the parts of it that wasn't covered in rust and dents. Aurora would have conveniently lost the weapon if it wasn't for the fact that their were much faster ways to die than to be struck by that sword. Like old age for example. She let him keep it because she always felt it was a harmless prop. But since then has learned new meaning to the old saying: "Science makes things foolproof. Celestia makes better fools."

Attached to his other hoof however was his shield. Unlike everything else he wore it was polished to a perfect shine. The shield was shield shaped with another double-headed dragon insignia. Looking like it came straight from a storybook, Looking like HE came straight from a storybook, aside from the rusted, dirty, black armor and crappy sword. The knight Sir William De Molay Thistlewood the Fourth, Cried his battle cry as he charged forth.

"Should..should we do something?" Asked Fluttershy finally breaking the hypnotic strides from watching ridiculousness of it.

"Oh...yeah right," said Rainbow Dash, "I got this." As she leapt into the air. Her wings beating so fast they became a blur, streaking towards the knight, while leaving a trail of rainbows behind her, she smugly smiled as she reared her hoof back for a strike that would surely stop this dumb pony in the stupid old armor. But as fast as she was, she was caught by surprise by how much faster the assailant could be.

Twirling like a top he spun around in a circle avoiding Dash's attack entirely. Hitting her full force with his shield while she passed harmlessly by. Rainbow Dash let out an "Oof" from the blow that forced her to crash to the ground. Tumbling and turning out of control, finally coming to a stop when she hit a booth selling pies. Groaning in pain she laid there on her back, looking at the pretty stars floating over her head.

"Ohnoohonoohnoohnoohno!" Aurora mind short wired filling her head with new and exciting ways they will be punished for this. "He's completely lost it," she cried to herself, "they will execute us both, resurrect our dead bodies and do it again."

The six remaining ponies looked in shocked and alarm seeing their friend go down so fast. Realizing they had a dangerous lunatic on their hooves. "Get ready girls," Twilight snorted. She arched herself down as her horn started to glow with purple magic. While a spell began to take shape, directed at the charging knight.

"Oh no you don't!" yelled Aurora Rosewater. Instinctively calling forth her own magic. Not as fancy as "Twilight who is perfect in every way and can do anything with ease." But something easy and simple, and sometimes that is all you need to get the job done. Aurora shot a beam of magical light into Twilight's eyes, Disrupting her concentration and more importantly the spell she was working on.

She smiled in satisfaction watching a blinded Twilight Sparkle lose control, seeing the magical waves start to unfurl around them, finally knocking the five remaining ponies off their hooves with a loud BOOM! "That was for everything." Aurora said with a smile across her face, vanishing when the reality of what she did hit her, "oh my Celestia what have I done! I am in so much trouble."

Only Trixie remained upright. Mouth agape she stood there rooted to the spot as the rusted armored knight approached her. With a flourish he bowed towards her. "MI 'Lady," he said, "let us begone from this oppressive den of vile wickedness."

Trixie's mind tried to decipher the things that were spoken to her. They seemed like words, or rather they seemed like words from a silly book you give to your children. "Who are you?" she finally managed to get out.

The groans of the ponies pulling themselves up cut off any further conversations as the knight grabbed Trixie. Hoisting her on his shoulder, he thrust his sword out, "forward Squire we move before more dastardly foes arrive." And galloped off carrying a screaming Trixie into the background.

Twilight felt friendly hooves help her up off the ground. Listening to a jumble of words pour into her ears. "I'm so sorry for this. I'm so sorry. I promise I'll get her back unharmed. Please don't kill us. Please don't kill me," said the voice.

While Twilight shook her head, clearing the cobwebs from it. "Coming master!" the female unicorn said as she sped off leaving the Twilight and the others looking at the retreating figures.

"What was that all about?" She asked.

"He's a knight!" exclaimed a young pony triumphantly. Offering her fuzzy lollipop to Twilight.

Author's Note:

Authors Note: I really like this story. But I am unsure if I want to continue it, with so many other projects I have. Although I marked it complete Its open to see how good or bad it does.

Comments ( 6 )

A Don Quixote type goes after the mane six. It was a funny little story. If it were me I'd keep it on the back burner for when you want to do another silly sort of adventure story. There are plenty of shenanigans those two can get into and it could honestly be fun to see just what that might be.

Obviously keep working on what you want to work on but, don't forget about this pair. We all need more silly fun adventures.

6956424
Thank you I'll do that.

It was quite the abrupt ending. But have an upvote, it was fun.

6972173
Thank you for the comment. When I wrote this it was just and idea I wanted to see how it would do. In a short time Ill probably add more chapters to it.

This looks like a very amusing story, but I just can't get through it. There are just so many errors. If I may...

"Here you go meester." said the young pony

Should be a comma after "meester" and before the end quote.

"My mum says

What accent does this kid have? "Meester" sounds like it might be Spanish, but "Mum" sounds British. Can't figure out how the character is supposed to sound.

The gold bit the young filly gave, glittered in the early morning sun as it was thrust into the knights hoof.

Unnecessary comma followed by a missing apostrophe.

The child stood there licking her candy, staring at the pony in armor with huge vacant eyes that usually happens when a copious amount of sugar is ingested by one so young.

Should be "happen," or, better yet, "occur."

And all of that was in just the first paragraph.

There are several other mistakes of note, like the fact that the child identifies herself as Morning Dew, but then her mother calls her Mountain Dew. Or that you kept switching between calling the squire "Aurora" or "Rosewater." It got confusing until we finally found out her name was "Aurora Rosewater." That would have been good to know much earlier.

All in all, I can see this as being a potentially humorous tale, but I think it needs some heavy editing. The errors are way too numerous to be ignored and they really distract from the story, no matter how good it might be.

7043747
Thank you very much for the criticism. Yes I do need to go back and edit my story.

Login or register to comment