• Published 26th Feb 2016
  • 2,692 Views, 14 Comments

TwiDash For Dummies - Mister Phoenix



Pinkie finds a book on how to ship Twilight and Rainbow Dash

  • ...
19
 14
 2,692

Chapter One

The sound of knocking came from the front door of Sugar Cube Corner. Pinkie stood behind the counter and walked to open the door to see a brown box sitting on the door step.

Bring it inside, Pinkie opened the box, only to be at a lost for words. It looked like a normal book, until Pinkie read the cover and her eyes lighten up with wonder.

The book read, three simple words.

TwiDash For Dummies.

It was a mean sounding book, but the joyful pink pony couldn't care less. To bring smiles to everypony was her life and what better way to do it then putting her two best friends in a relationship.

“Oh, how happy they'd be. And cute too.” Pinkie couldn't help but start bouncing around Sugar Cube Corner in pure happiness.

Then she stopped in mid air, slowly falling to the ground in safety. Her mind was running a mile a minute.

"Wait, how am I going to get those two love ponies together?" Pinkie wondered, thinking of different ways.

Love potion, trapping them inside together during a storm, have Twilight be a bad girl. The list can go forever. Suddenly, Pinkie's ocean blue eyes got locked on the book she left on the table.

Pinkie trotted over to the table, opened the book and began reading the ten easy steps on how to ship TwiDash.

Step One: Rainbow Is A Bad Speller

Pinkie bounce through the small town of Ponyville, a smile on her face while she said Good morning or Good day to all of her friends in the town.

The smile grew bigger seeing a white cloud floating in the sky with a rainbow colored tail hanging from the side.

"Hey Dashie!" Pinkie called out, surprising the cyan coat mare.

Rainbow Dash looked down at her pink coat friend with a small smile.

"Hey Pinkie, what's up?" Rainbow questioned her.

"You, you silly billy." Pinkie answered, causing Rainbow to moan.

"I meant what are you up too?" Rainbow said, correcting her self.

"Oh, this and that. How good is your spelling?" Pinkie wondered, making Rainbow fly to the ground to talk without any other ponies hearing.

"Why do you want to know about my spelling? But it's good." Rainbow said, just going along with her hyper friend.

"So you don't misspell words?" Pinkie wondered.

"No, well from time to time I do. I'm not the best spelling in the world." Rainbow Dash said, causing Pinkie to roll her eyes.

"You need to write a love letter to Twilight!"

"What?" Rainbow questioned.

"As a prank. You know, for fun." Pinkie said, letting out nervous laughter.

"Yeah, no thanks. Later Pinks." Rainbow said, flying off into the sky.

Pinkie let out a sigh and pulled out her book.

"Okay next step."

Step Two: Having The Pair Adopt Scootaloo.

"Come on Scootaloo. Don't you want to get adopted" Pinkie said, with Scootaloo blinking.

"But I'm not an orphan" Scootaloo stated, causing Pinkie to sigh.

Step Three: Have the two start reading together.

Pinkie sat on her crystal throne, her head resting on the Cutie Map with her best friend Twilight walking around.

"Well Pinkie. Even if Rainbow and I started reading sessions, the only thing we'll read is Daring Do books. Plus both Rainbow and I have busy things to do with our lives...." Twilight said, her words started falling on deaf ears. With Pinkie banging her head on the Map.

Step Four: Twilight Spell Goes Wrong.

Twilight continued to talk about how unlikely her and Rainbow would start reading together. Just to move on to how her magic works and how much she knows about her spells. Pinkie sat, sort of listening to her, now knowing how Rainbow feels when she's forced to hear Twilight's rambles.

It wasn't too hard to understand, but being a Earth Pony, Pinkie had no real reason to know about why the magic of unicorns and how everything is magic. Blah, blah, blah was the words going through her mind.

Step Five: The Two B-

"Nope, not doing that one!" Pinkie cried, flipping the pages.


Step Six: Rainbow Joins The Wonderbolts.

Pinkie had a little trouble hunting down Rainbow Dash again, but she soon found her once again. Smiling brightly before she shouted out the cyan pegasus' name.

"RAINBOW DASH!!!" Pinkie shouted, causing the colorful mare to fall in shock.

"Pinkie?" Rainbow said in surprise.

"What do you want this time?" She question, standing back up.

"Have you joined the Wonderbolts yet?" Pinkie's question hit Rainbow's ears. Making the cyan pegasus shake her head.

"I'm surprise you're not one! With you being the fastest and bestest in Equestria and all." Pinkie said, causing Rainbow's ego to grow.

"I know right! I save Equestria like a thousand times and made a Sonic Rainboom!" Rainbow boasted until Pinkie realized she was stuck in Rainbow's ego, making her sigh again.

Step Seven: Both Applejack and Rainbow Have A Crush On Twilight.

Pinkie blinked at the step she was on, pausing to think about it more.

"Nah, Applejack belongs to Shy-Shy." Pinkie said to her self.

"Next step!"

Step Eight: Rainbow and Twilight Cuddle.

Pinkie sighed, before she saw Rainbow entering Twilight's castle. The hyper mare smiled. rushing over there for one goal. To make the two cuddle.

"Hey Twi, has Pinkie been acting weird around you?" Rainbow asked, hovering in the air.

"Yeah, she's been a bit off. And that's saying something, this is Pinkie!" Twilight said, before she began feeling cold.

"Is it gettin' cold?" Rainbow asked in confusion. "But it's summer." She stated.

Twilight lit up her horn to have Pinkie teleport inside the castle, her book falling on the ground. The pink mare let out a nervous laugh with Twilight picking up the book.

"TwiDash For Dummies. Get going with projects from ship-pics to clop fics. A reference for the rest of us! Demystifies everything from gender swapping to perfect kissing scenes." Twilight read with her and Rainbow both looking at Pinkie.

"Ha, ha, ha" Pinkie laughed nervously.

"Look a distraction!!" Pinkie cried out, causing the two to look away and letting Pinkie escape.

"So you want to get together?" Rainbow questioned, looking at Twilight.

"Sure" Twilight said with a shrug.

Author's Note:

Well I only did this because I just feel so sorry for these two if you don't know and you don't I was going to make an TwiDash story set after Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3 about Rainbow having an crush on Twilight for helping her out I got rid of it. I got another idea where it an TwiDash story based around Chinese Mythology sort of like what I did with Myths but with Chinese beside Greek I got rid of it. Yeah you can see why I started feeling sorry for these two.

If you want to make those story feel free to create them, I'm not doing anything with them heck I deleted the Chinese Mythology one and the Testing My Love and yes that was going to be the title was made while making Po-Gi-Oh Season One so bullet dodge if anyone has read my earlier work. Plus I got a little bored while writing this so sorry if this is terrible but it a TwiDash story not strong suit.

Comments ( 14 )

In my honest opinion, this was actually pretty good XD Good creativity for one of my favorite ships :).

thumbs up

I am intrigued with the cover! Your writing has ever improved and one of which made me laugh. Well done.

This could be good, but I couldn't finish reading it. I'm not going to lie, I'm not all that great with grammar, but even I caught a handful of errors in this story. If you have an editor, please have them go over this story with you. If you don't, then join one of the editing groups and have them take a figurative red marker to this. It's painful to read in it's current state, and the only way it's remotely forgivable is if English isn't your first language.

The sound of knocking came from the front door of Sugar Cube Corner, with Pinkie stand behind the counter.

This is the first sentence and we already have an error. in here, "stand" should be "standing".

Bring it inside, Pinkie open the box to be lost.

This sentence doesn't even make sense... I mean yes I can infer what you meant here, but that is not how you write, or even speak, in English here. And there are many more errors like this throughout the story. For example, at least twice you use the word "sign" instead of "sigh".

"But I'm not an orphan" Scootaloo stated causing Pinkie to sign.

Anyway, I shall withhold my like until I see this edited, look here for resources to help you with this.

6977350 Well I fix those errors up, but the errors are just my fault :ajbemused:

Fun but a bit meta. But still worth reading.

6977163
aww dude.. ya beat me to it.. After I got a few of my other works posted... once i get them written, I was totally gonna do a story based off that picture!! :applecry:
Aww, oh well.. my version has alot of difference from yours... I might still do it.. and it's significantly longer too. I'll just have to find a different name for it.
Say, if i ever get it done... would you be interested in reading it?

6978264 Early bird gets the worm. :ajsmug: but I'm sure your one would be much better then my one I wouldn't mind reading it when it is finished :twilightsmile: I'm always up for a little TwiDash :rainbowdetermined2::heart::twilightsheepish:

6978285
I've got a few others on my Agenda first, starting with the very first pony fic I ever wrote
(four years ago to be precise, Lost it before i got it posted, just a oneshot, but still) and no matter how many others i tried to write.... i could never get em done and posted. but I'm over that block now. (thanks to my recent participation in the Twidash 3K member special collab). So I'ma start writing soon.
I'll become a follower of yours, that way once it's done, I won't forget who you were, and can let you know it's up... ...
just don't expect it right away :derpytongue2:

That bio makes me want to rethink my life..:applejackunsure:

I was busting a gut throughout this, so many clichés to parody.:rainbowlaugh: My personal fave was the Scootaloo one, even though I must admit do like reading stories with Scootaloo getting adopted. Always so sweet to read.

Hey, is the book on the cover real? I need to buy it! 🤣

Step Five: The Two B-

Anyone know what step 5 is?

Login or register to comment