• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 6,473 Views, 151 Comments

Friendship is Prime - Gammerick



Friendship is Magic meets Transformers: Prime

  • ...
8
 151
 6,473

Chapter 15

Optimus slowly opened his eyes and eyed his surroundings. He and Fluttershy were now in a deep, dark cave, contrary to their previous jungle settings.

"How did we get here?" Optimus inquired.

"How should I know?" Fluttershy answered mockingly as she slightly shivered to herself. "I thought you were the great, big leader who had answers to everything."

"I suppose it doesn't matter at the moment," Optimus replied. "We need to find our way out of here so we can find the element."

"I've got a better idea," Fluttershy snickered. "Why don't you take that element and"-

but before Fluttershy could finish, a howling wind blasted through the caves.

"Ugh-why is it so cold in here?" Fluttershy asked angrily as she began huddling up to keep warm. Optimus looked around and did indeed find ice slowly forming on the cave walls and floors. As a Cybertronian, he was more resistant to colder temperatures, but he also knew that if things got too cold, it would be lethal for the both of them.

"We need to find out the source of this strange weather," Optimus said out loud. Then as if to answer him, he heard another howl in the wind. This time it was clearer, and it sounded more like a neighing sound coming from above. Optimus looked up to find a trio of phantoms swirling overhead. They looked like horses, but with clear blue bodies and piercing white eyes.

"What are those?" Optimus asked slight stupified.

"Just some stupid Windigoes," Fluttershy answered. "They feed off hatred and use it to freeze the land. Stupid Windigos."

As she was saying this, a blanket of ice formed at her hooves and started climbing up her legs. Optimus acted quickly and punched the ground right next to her. The force of the impact was so strong, it cracked the ice completely. Optimus scooped Fluttershy up and ran for an exit. However, no matter what direction he looked, all he could see was rock, slowly being devoured by a sheet of ice at least 10 feet thick. Trying to escape from this would be like trying to escape from inside a glacier.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Fluttershy insisted. "Shoot the Windigoes already so we can get out of here!"

"If these spirits feed off of hatred," Optimus hypothesized. "Then perhaps an act of kindness would give us a better chance for escape."

"What? That's stupid!" Fluttershy retorted. "Like being nicey-nice to anyone ever works."

"It's true that there are those who kindness cannot hope to reach," Optimus monologued as he thought back to his nemesis. "But that does not mean we should forsake such a noble virtue."

"Hmph, yeah right," Fluttershy snickered. "Kindness is just for wimps who aren't tough enough to get things done otherwise."

"On the contrary," Optimus fired back. "It takes more strength to stay kind, especially in the face of adversity."

Fluttershy was visibly affected by Optimus's words. As she turned away in thought, Optimus turned upward to address his captors. But as he gazed upwards, in the eye of their storm. He noticed a tiny golden glimmer. He looked closer and realized that they were holding the missing element!

"Windigoes!" Optimus began. "I am Optimus Prime! If you can be reasoned with, then I request that you give us the necklace, so that we may assist those who are in need right now. If Discord is allowed to continue his ways, then both of our worlds could be in peril!"

The stormcloud of Windigoes slowly begun to react. Optimus was hopeful his words got through, but those hopes were dashed as the the storm above shot out a blue flame at them. Optimus was quick to dodge, and he immediately put down Flutershy to pull out both of his blasters and open fire. His shots were useless though, as the energy blasts, simply went right through the ghosts and hit the ceiling above.

The Windigoes let out another blue flame, but this one was aimed directly at Fluttershy! Optimus only had enough time to get in front of the flame and take the brunt of the assault. Optimus let out a painful scream as the chilling sensation rushed through his entire body.

"Optimus!" Fluttershy screamed in concern, her body's color returning to normal as she rushed over to her friend in need.

"Never forget, Fluttershy..." Optimus whispered weakly as his entire body was slowly being encased in ice. "Stay kind, and stay strong..." After that, the ice reached his head and froze him over completely. Fluttershy whimpered in sadness as she realized she was all alone facing down these Windigoes.

"I can do this," Fluttershy whispered to herself. "Stay kind...and stay strong."

Fluttershy looked upward with complete determination on her face. She flapped her wings and began flying up towards the necklace in the eye of the storm.

The Windigoes howled as the unleashed another stream of blue fire. Fluttershy maneuvered around the stream of flames and slowly continued her way up, battling a ferocious wind along the way. As she drew closer to the necklace, a small bit of ice started forming at her hind hooves. It slowly creeped up her legs, weighing her down in the process. As Fluttershy sank back down, she was about to give up when she turned over to look at Optimus, still encased completely in ice. A tear slid down her eye as her confidence was renewed. She flapped her wings faster and harder than ever before. She was once more heading upwards and was within inches of the necklace. Just then, one last blue flame shot out of the center and hit her dead on. Fluttershy was momentarily knocked back, but she continued pushing directly into the fire, with her hoof fully outstretched in front of her. With one last burst of effort, she finally made contact with the necklace.

Suddenly, the entire cave was enveloped in a blinding white light that engulfed everything in sight. Optimus and Fluttershy awoke to find themselves back in the jungle before this escapade had started.

"Did we do it?" Fluttershy asked timidly.

"No Fluttershy," Optimus answered as he looked down to see her wearing her necklace once more. "You did it."

Fluttershy gave Optimus a warm smile. The kind she was only comfortable giving around her closest friends.