• Published 15th Feb 2016
  • 1,151 Views, 9 Comments

Fallout Equestria - Time Never Changes - Abridged-2-Far



This is the story of a young Unicorn called Tick Tock, A name he hates to be called, and this is how his normal life in the city of Trottingham and Equestria turned into the world known today as the Wastelands of Equestria, 275 years in the future

  • ...
5
 9
 1,151

Chapter 0: Prologue

Author's Note:

This was my first attempt at writing in first person so I hope you enjoyed it.

Fallout Equestria: Time Never Changes prologue

“Crimson scarlet, that’s different” I was looking up at the skies of Equestria which today was a mixture of red and gold. I said to myself with hope in my heart “Maybe today will be different, maybe something will change.” But the harshness of reality had brought me back to my senses and I continued on my way with disappointment.

The University of Trottingham was a dull and very plain building which did not match the rest of the city at all. It was just bricks and windows and to my misfortune, was the place I was working at thanks to my parents and something they called the ‘Cutie Mark Crusader work programme’. Come with us as we take you on a journey in every work type possible. ‘We’ll find you a Cutie Mark or we are not the Cutie Mark Crusaders’ said a poster as I passed one by, but I had little time to think back on this as, moments after I had entered the Trottingham University did paperweight the receptionist addresses me

“Tick Tock”! I look at him as he called my name. A name I was not very happy of having.
“Good morning Mr Paperweight”. I had been taught to respect adults but calling them with Mr or Miss before their name “What can I do for you this morning”

With an instant response Paperweight replied “Professor Time is looking for you and he sounded urgent”. After hearing this, I felt like this day was going to be the same as ever. Just like I had predicted when looking into the Crimson scarlet sky Moments ago.

When I first arrived At Trottingham University 2 Days ago, I was a very excited pony. I was assigned to one of the professors in the magic and Arcane Tec R+D Section of the University. They must have thought that being a unicorn meant I would be best suited to work in that area.

The Professor I was assigned to was a pony called Alastair Time but he just liked to be called Professor Time and from what I’d heard, he was a genius in a field of temporal mechanics. I really had no idea what that meant. But from the moment I met Professor Time, he just made me do odd jobs while he worked on exciting looking Projects which looked bewildering to me. A part of me felt that he was trying to get me out of the way.

I replied to Paperweight with as much of an enthusiastic voice as I could, but I still sounded very dull.
“Very well” and I went on my way.

The inside of Trottingham University was so much better than its outer shell. I thought as I was walking down one of its many corridors which was brisling with activity. All sorts of ponies and even griffins were working on experiments that confused my mind when I tried to understand them.

But as I approaching Prof Time’s office I said to myself, “The life of a lab assistant is not something I want to have as a cutie mark”. Moments later, and to my surprise, Prof Time came out of his office. Something he rarely did.

“Ah Tick Tock my boy! I have some good news for you” I look at the pony with confusion on my face and did not try to hide it. He saw my confused face.

“Oh don’t worry my boy, its good! I know you have had negative feelings about this work placement. I know it’s not what you expected”. With all my courage. I say with as calm a tone as possible so as to not offend him “. To be honest Professor Time, I was thinking of asking for a different placement. This is just not working out”

I tried to look into Professor Time’s eyes when I said that, but all I could look at was the white lab coat that he was wearing over his brown skin and cutie mark which I still had no idea what it was.

“Quite understandable my boy quite understandable! And I will say I am sorry. I was just very busy with my latest experiment and finally it’s ready. I would like your help lab assistant Tick Tock, if you would like to of course” I looked up at the pony to meet him. His eyes to mine. I had not expected him, of all ponies to call me by that title. “Follow me!” He said gesturing me to follow him back up the corridor I had just walked down.

Whilst we walked through the university, I noticed that he had not spoken much of what his experiment was about, but by the way he talked about it, he was very enthusiastic about it being completed. I decided to try and press him for more information. “Professor Time, what is this experiment you’ve been working on?” He looked at me with a caring smile “Don’t worry Tick Tock, you’ll find out soon enough, but you haven’t answered my question”. I once again look to him with confusion. “Would you like to join me with one of my experiments” A small part of me questioned why he would need my help with his experiment but not tell me what it was, but the rest of me was so excited to be helping the professor instead of doing errands, that the small part could not be heard.

“Of course! But I might need to know what I would be helping him with”. After saying this, he looks at me with such a smile that it made me want to stop asking what the experiment was about.

But to my surprise, he answered. “It’s something that can save many ponies lives if needed. Not that we’re really in any danger here from the zebras” This had unfortunately reminded me that ponies were at war with the zebras. Trottingham was not in any danger. Being on an island in the Celestial Sea reassured me of that. But I thought it was only a matter of time.

“Please don’t remind me of the war. I hate to think what could happen to the future of Equestria”. The professor looked at me and laughed. I thought that he was being rude, laughing at my conserns and was going to tell him off. “My dear boy! Nothing bad is going to happen to us here in Trottingham, It’s been untouched by the Zebras for the whole war. Ah! Here we are”.

While we had been talking, I hadn’t noticed that Professor Time had lead me into the basement. It looked worse than the outside of the building. Every wall had cracks and some were falling apart. “I know it looks bad but no other pony comes down here. That means I can work in peace here” I look at him and give a little chuckle before my eyes fell upon a most strange sight.

In the centre of the room was a large pod connected to dozens of different panels, screens and consoles and, what I thought was a magic power generator. I had seen several used by ponies all over the university. I stepped closer to the pod to see what was inside to find that it was empty. I started to feel disappointed that nothing was inside when, two hooves pushed me into the container and it sealed shut behind me.
I bang on the pod’s one and only window, looking at Professor Time. “Professor! Professor! Can you hear me? I’m stuck in here! Please, please let me out!” I shouted at him, but he just ignored me. Then I realise Professor Time was the only other pony in the room besides myself. So, he was the only pony who could have pushed me in here.

With as much courage I could muster I shouted “Why have you put me in here? What does this thing do?” Professor Time continued to ignore me. “Answer me you!” I shouted out a rude word that I had heard my father use once by accident and I slammed my hooves on the window in a fit of anger but to no effect. The window remained undamaged.

Twenty minutes later after shouting at Professor Time, I decided to just wait. Wait and worry. Worry for what this pod was going to do to me.
I heard a knock on the window of the container and there was Professor Time smiling. But this was not the smile of a kind and helpful professor. No! This smile made him look evil.

I got up to face professor time through the window “Why am I in here?” And with his smile still showing, said, “You said you wanted to help me and now you are. For this is my experiment! My greatest achievement!” He said this with confidence and pride. “And you little Tick Tock are its first test subject!” I suddenly realised what was happening. I was a guinea pig for whatever this machine did. I started to panic. I started hitting the window with all my strength trying to get out. “Nice try, but I designed this machine to be very sturdy and I wouldn’t bother using your magic if I were you, I’m blocking it”. I tried to project some form of magic, even a simple light spell, but found I could not.
“Told you” he said with an attitude that made him sound like he was right. “Now be quiet for a second. I need to get these settings right”. But I could not stay silent. Before he had the chance to turn away I said “you’ll never get away with this”. I knew that this sentence had been said so many times in stories but I did not think when I said it.

At this the professor began to laugh. “You think anyone will believe you! Come on, you’re just a colt. Anyone you tell will just say it was all a dream or it was your imagination. No one will ever believe you and if some stupid pony does, well, all I have to say is that you agreed to help me which you did” He continued to laugh at me.

I was so angry I wanted to kill him. Something I had never thought about doing before, but I remembered. I was trapped inside this pod and with no magic, I could not even try to escape.

Then I came up with a brilliant, last minute idea. I decide to stall for time. “Professor Time”. He turned to me “Calling me professor are we now”. He looked at me with suspicion. “You never told me what this thing does”. He looked at me and pondered, “I suppose I could tell you, no one would believe you anyway” He stopped speaking to think this over. “Oh very well! What I am going to do to you is freeze you in time”. At hearing those words, my entire body began to shake. I was scared and Professor Time could see this.

“Oh don’t worry! I’m only freezing you for the rest of the day. Then after a few tests you’re free to go and apply for a different placement just like you wanted”. He looked at me with his evil smile. ”I won’t have any more need for you after all” A part of me was hurt by this but I remembered the way he was treating me and put it out of my mind.“ Any moment now, the pod you’re in will freeze you in time.” No sooner had he finished his sentence, the sound of a massive explosion came from above and the whole room shook. Even inside the pod I could feel it. “Those damn students! I bet their messing around with experimental magic spells again, I’ll have them expelled for this.” he turned to face me.

“You stay right here Tick Tock. I’ve set the controls already and soon it will be time for you to go home.” And with that, Professor Time walked away towards the door which he opened wide. In a blasé of green and gold, the professor vaporised leaving nothing but his skeleton and some of his lab coat. I was so shocked at what I had just seen that I wanted to scream. But I had something else to worry about. The flames that had killed professor time were heading straight for me. But as Professor Time said earlier, “this pod was very well built” and stopped the flames from reaching me.

“That was clo….” I didn’t have time to finish my sentence because my entire body was frozen. I was unable to move any part of my body. My hooves, my neck and even my eyes would not move. Then I realised Professor Time’s machine had started working. My vision began to blur and the inside of the pod and the flames outside were being replaced by darkness and then everything went black.