• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 961 Views, 43 Comments

The Apple for Spike - Misty Moonshine



Applejack and Caramel are engaged, a murderer is on the loose and Spike is trying to find the missing soul in his life.

  • ...
13
 43
 961

Chapter 1

Rarity had a family of her own.
A husband that made all of her days cheerful, and a daughter that looked as beautiful as a goddess.
She didn't care much about Spike, well she still did but not that much.
Twilight was a princess, she had her husband and children that Spike looked after a lot.
The two mares that took over most of Spike's life were all busy with their own, they had no time to comfort a heartbroken dragon. No time.
Applejack was happy with her life, as she thought. She had her Caramel, she had him all to herself. She paid not that much attention to Spike, yes they said 'Hello' and 'How are you' but that wasn't enough. Spike just had this feeling, this gut feeling that this mare was something more than a friend. And he was almost certain.


They feeling of being forgotten was very horrible.
We all had it once in our life, Elf Gun knew the feeling. He had it all the time. It wasn't nice.
Being small for his age, Rezer Gun was teased, he couldn't reach the bars during gym, he couldn't see across the table, and most of all, he couldn't reach the top shelf where the chocolate chip cookies were.
He knew the he was meant to be a pony that wasn't just the one that all the ponies teased. He was special. He was going to change history. Even if it wasn't in a good way.
Plain old Rezer Gun wasn't good enough, and asking the fillies in the street only got the answers 'Midget' 'Elf'....Elf.
Elf Gun was different. He was feared. He was terrifying. He was invincible.
He was going to kill every pony that got in his way. EVERY PONY. and EVERYPONY WAS GOING TO PAY!


Spike kicked a piece of dried up weed as it blew by his face.
The isolation in ponyville wasn't something that he liked. Spike missed the days he and Twilight were practising spells. He missed the days he would go gem searching with Rarity. He missed the days he would help Pinkie with the cake shop. Watching Rainbow Dash practise, helping Fluttershy with the critters and most of all helping Applejack buck all the apples of her farm's trees.
It was hard to think about the past when the horrible future was so near. Quite horrifying in fact.
The fact that Elf Gun was in ponyville made the situation even worse.
Elf Gun was creepy, some old folk said that the reason why he wore sunglasses was because he had no eyes, but Twilight said that it wasn't the truth. Spike listened to Twilight, well he did most of the time and she would call him her 'good little dragon' or her 'number 1 assistant' he just wished things were still like they were back then.
Sweet. Cheerful. Sunny. Colourful. Magical.
He didn't seem to be the only one, Spike would hang out a lot with Fluttershy who was dealing with her emotions as well, after one of her birds death. Fluttershy had been the one that found out that Elf was in ponyville, she knew more than any other pony about him as she did a lot of research. Spike trusted her. And she trusted him back.


Applejack knew something was wrong. Caramel just wasn't being, well himself. The colt she fell in love with, and she was going to get to the bottom of it.
"Caramel dear, is there anything you would like me to know?"
Being the element bearer of Honesty Applejack didn't appreciate those who told fibs. 'WHO WOULD DO A SUCH THING!' She sometimes told herself. It was hard to think that her colt friend was doing the horrible this very moment. She could tell by touching his hoof. The way he wouldn't look into her eyes, the way he couldn't seem to sit still. The way he kept on talking about a certain topic. Dragons.
When the farm filly thought about dragons, she would think of her dear friend Spike, the dragon that was such a good help.
"I wonder where he is now?" She said aloud, gaining the attention of her fiancé.
"He was ever so sweet."
That caught Caramels attention.
"Who? Who? Who was ever so sweet? Is it that pesky dragon friend of yours?"
Applejack snarled, Spike wasn't pesky. He was sweet and adorable and she was only standing up for him because they were friends, and just friends.
"Don't you call him that!" She yelled in his facing, making the stallion move backwards.
"Woah, watch it....AJ!"
The orange filly was so close to him their muzzles touched.
"Ever."
Caramel felt sweat fall down his head like raindrops, they dripped down and splattered the dusty road beforehand.
"Okay, jeez.." Caramel turned on his heel.
"And goodnight to you...Applejack."
He emphasised on the last part.
Applejack felt her heart crack, he left her and he also called her by her full name. He never did that. Ever.
The orange mare sighed and made her way down the rocky road. She did it all for Spike... all for him.
Maybe everything would be right tomorrow... maybe?


Spike turned around to see Applejack shouting at Caramel, he was too far away to hear what they were talking about but he could tell that it wasn't good. Caramel had just stormed off, calling an angry "Goodnight" over his back.
He needed know what had happened. He needed all the details. Spike didn't know why, but he needed information.
The little purple and green dragon walked, well waddled down the street. He saw Applejack crying in the middle of the pavement, Spike needed to go over and ask her if she were okay, but he didn't dare to. She didn't have any feelings towards him (Or so he thought) and they were better off just being friends.
Spike hid behind a mulberry bush and couldn't help to feel the urge to go over to the farmer mare and ask her if she were okay. He needed to tell her everything before Caramel the 2nd came. He was just about too when a shadow approached her. A Caramel shaped shadow seeking forgiveness and the beautiful mare shadow was nodding happily. Then he saw a kiss scene, Spike couldn't tell who's head from whose they were too close.
He wasn't the only one watching the pair, another pair of eyes were darting along the other side of the bush. A pair of ruby red eyes. A pair of ruby red eyes ready to kill.

Author's Note:

THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT! UGH! BUT THE NEXT WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY SO YEA.... PLEASE UPVOTE <3 xD
~Misty Moonshine
I wonder who the pony is?
I wonder what will happen next.