• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 600 Views, 3 Comments

Are they monsters or not? - starlight484



During a celebration of the mane six, five monsters appear in multiple locations in equestria. Each one is far different from another, dangerous, intelligent, and nice?

  • ...
 3
 600

Prologue

Prologue

A pen surrounded with a golden aura writes out a simple message onto a scroll. Once the writer is sure that she made no mistakes, she uses her magic to roll up the scroll and with a "Poof", the scroll is sent. Elsewhere, a pink and green dragon is sitting down while talking to his friends in a restaurant. He begins to make a funny face before, a loud "BURP" explodes from his mouth. Before any pony surrounding the dragon can reprimand him, the green gas that comes out of his mouth suddenly forms into a scroll. A lavender pony with wings and a horn takes the scroll and begins to read it out loud.

Dear Twilight,

because of what you and have friends have done for equestria as a whole, I have decided to have a party thrown in your honor that will be bigger than the grand galloping gala. Unlike the gala though, everypony will be able to come because no invitations will be needed. The other princesses also agree that this is a great idea for you and your friends. The party will be held at Canterlot this Saturday and will begin at night fall. Ps. Don't forget to invite all of Ponyville while your at it.

Sincerely, your friend,
Celestia.

The lavender pony is Twilight Sparkle, the newly crowned princess of friendship. She was a mere unicorn when she became the pupil of princess Celestia, but now she is an alicorn, a pony with attributes of all three races. Recently, she and her friends defeated the most dangerous threat to equestrian so far, a centaur with a literal hunger for power, Tirek. She and her friends defeated him with new found rainbow powers from the tree of harmony. She also gained a new home from the activation of her new powers, which is a castle. When she finishes reading the letter she enthusiastically says to her friend Spike,

"This is the best idea, to invite all of ponyville for a celebration, don't you all agree?". Spike doesn't respond to her question and instead, runs away from the restaurant before the rest of the ponies around her follow suit leaving her all alone. She watches the town following her reading go from a sleepy town to a crazed riot in only a few minutes.

'Why don't check on my friends?' thinks the worried alicorn. She gets up and runs in the direction of the town's fashionista home.


Twilights slows down her run when gets closer to the Carousal Boutique and sees a what could be best described as a riot. The boutique is surrounded by ponies all shouting loudly in various tones,

"I need my dress by tomorrow!!" One angry purple mare shouted.

"Could you please hurry up, miss Rarity?! That suit needs to fix, now!" A white stallion yelled impatiently.
Twilight looks right and left but could not see any way to get inside the surrounded boutique and from the looks of it, the door is locked. She charges up her horn and with a electric crack, she disappears. She reappears inside the boutique in Rarity's work place and sees a pitiful sight. The usual beautiful, calm, and collected white unicorn looks like a complete one-eighty from normal. Her purple hair is gnarled mess and her white coat is covered in dirt. She is currently using a sewing machine on some fabric and turns around showing off crazed, tired eyes. She screams,

"How did you get in here?! I said no one is to enter while I am working!!!". Her horn glows a powerful blue color before several objects including knives covered in a same colored aura fly at the surprised alicorn.

"GAh!!" Twilight barely dodges the assorted objects and screams with worry,

"RARITY, IT'S ME, Twilight!!".

"Twilight, is it really you?" She trots to the worried alicorn and touches her a few times as if she is checking that Twilight is real.

"Yes, it's me. What happened to you?" She asks with worry.

"I heard that there is to a royal party made for us. I was excited at first because I wanted to make the best dresses for us but then one pony needed a dress and then another. The next thing I know I was surrounded by uncouth savages all after me," Rarity says with a bit of anger.

"Do you think you'll be able to finish off all of their orders and our dresses?" Twilight asks worriedly and points to a pile of orders as tall as she is.

"I'll do it or my name isn't Rarity!!" The white unicorn says with determination before getting back to work.

"Tah tah for now darling," she says and waves a hoof behind her.

"Bye, Rarity," Twilight says and teleports outside.

"Hey Twilight got inside, she can help us get inside, GET HER!!" A pony yells from behind and when Twilight turns around she sees an army of ponies all charging at her.

"Ahh!!" The purple princess yells in surprise and charges up her horn once again. She teleports before the grounds she is standing on is covered in a dog pile of multi-colored ponies.


Twilight reappears at Sugar Cube corner, Ponyville's bakery and sees it swamped the same way as the boutique is. This time, however, she could walk in because the ponies are being distracted by the town's strangest pony, Pinkie pie. She is playing instruments, making balloon animals, and making funny faces all at once. She looks bedraggled with her messy mane and tail looking more messy than usual. She runs up the pink pony noticing she is beginning to look exhausted.

"Pinkie Pie, are you okay?" She asks before a mess of words come firing at her,

"HITwilightI'mSorryICan'tTalkRightNow,IDon'tWantToLetTheCakesDown.ByTheWay,I'mFineThanksForAsking!!".

"Uhh, You're welcome?" Is what all the princess could say to such a response.

"HeyTwilight,WhyDon'tCheckUpOnAppleJack?IHeardShe'sNotGoingToTheParty,"

"Why is she not coming? It is going the largest party around," Twilight ask but Pinkie responds,

"Idon'tknowbeacuseIcan'taskher,seeyalaterTwilight!!" before pulling a party cannon out of nowhere and firing it off at the crowd. The crowd responds with a serious of stomping and "OHS" in surprise.

"Thanks Pinkie and bye," She says before flying off toward Sweet Apple Acres leaving the party pony performing a distraction.


Twilight descends down as she sees her orange and blond friend packing things up with her family. There is a wagon out front being filled with supplies from the apples.

"Applejack, is it true, you're coming to the party that Celestia's making for us?" She asks the earth pony.

"It's true, Twi, Ah can't go because Ah have to meet up with family," Applejack says with her southern drawl.

"Our family is making a party in Appaloosa, because they want to congratulate Applejack personally," A yellow and red filly, Apple bloom, says to Twilight.

"Eyup," Says Big Mac while holding up a large pot.

"I do hope it goes well for you, then," Twilight hugs the orange mare and asks,

"Before you go we'll all say good bye to you, is that good?".

"That's a good idea, sugar cube, ah'll have to talk yah later 'cause we have ta finish packin' up," Applejacks says and begins go back to work.

"See ya, later Applejack," Twilight begins to walk away calmly and not as urgently as before.

"Now who do have to check up on next?" She says with curiosity before a rush air surprises her followed by a rainbow trail.

"I think I know now," She says before taking flight.


She flew as a fast as she could but she could get nowhere near the speeding Pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash could you be please slow down!!" Twilight yells trying to get the cyan Pegasus to stop or slow down at the very least. The rainbow blur turns around and stops in front of her, revealing a rather exhausted looking Pegasus.

"Sorry Twi, I can't right now, I have to practice," Rainbow Dash Says tiredly.

"For what?" Asks the confused princess wondering what she is talking about.

"For a big show I want to pull off at the party and impress all of the ponies there," Rainbow Dash explains.

"Promise me one thing dash," Twilight says calmly.

"Anything for you Twi, what is it?" Dash asks curiously.

"That you don't overwork yourself or become a mess like you did during that competition against Rarity. I don't want that happening to you again," Twilight says in a caring tone.

"Thanks Twi, I'll try not to but you don't have worry that much. I'll be fine," She says and begins to fly away.

"It's my duty to worry, I'm your friend!!" Twilight yells to the cyan pony. When the Pegasus is out of sight Twilight says,

"One friend left to check on," before changing direction to a cottage.


Twilight flies up to cabin expecting it to be peaceful and silent, but to her surprise, it isn't with animals running everywhere. She finds the yellow and pink Pegasus inside currently trying to what appears to be teaching the animals manners.

"Angel, you don't use that sort of language at others," Fluttershy reprimands her pet bunny with attitude issues, Angel.

"Fluttershy, what are you doing?" Asks the intrigued alicorn.

"Oh Twilight, it's so good to see you. I'm just teaching all of my animal friends manners so that they can come to the party. But I've had some trouble with Angel," She says happily and points to Angel who gives her a sour face.

"I'm not sure Celestia meant when she said invite everypony to the party, that would include animals," Twilight says confused.

"Oh please, Twilight, can't I please bring them along, they're going to be well behaved by the time I'm done, pleaaaasssee," Fluttershy begs Twilight with adorable eyes.

"Oh alright, besides knowing you, they'll be as well behaved as a pony or perhaps even more," Twilight says giving in to her plea.

"Yay," She says shyly and claps her hooves together.

"Thanks for checking up on me, Twilight, why don't you check on Spike. Last time, I saw him he was running all over Ponyville and looking quite distracted," Fluttershy says worried.

"Thanks, for letting me know, Spike is going to become a ball of nerves, if I don't stop him," Twilight prepares to fly, "Bye Fluttershy,".

"Bye Twilight," Fluttershy says and waves a hoof. Twilight waves back and flies to her castle where she hopes her dragon is.


Twilight begins to descend when she gets closer to her large crystalline castle covered with purple and blue colors all over. The castle is glowing dimly into the dark night and allows her to see better. She walks up to the gold and purple door before opening up to see a disaster has overwhelm the inside. There is several clothes laying on the floor, several bottle lay into a large pile, and random object ranging from toothpaste to skin ointment are strung every where.

"What happened here?" Twilight asks out loud before a loud yell erupted in front of her,

"Twilight, you're home!! Now tell which is better a full suit or just a collar from a suit?!". She is met with the sight of a charging dragon holding two pieces of clothing. He looks rather tired and disheveled with his mouth is covered in foam, his scales covered in some form of liquid, and strange smells erupted from his body.

"What happened to you?!" Twilight asks while yelling.

"I'm just getting for the party, Twilight, now which is better peppermint or spearmint?" Spike asks before breathing into the muzzle of Twilight. Twilight is met with two powerful smells exploding into her face causing her eyes to water, to cough, and cover her snout.

"Spike!! Why did you do that for?!" Twilight yells at her dragon but he only responds with,

"So is it the peppermint or spearmint?".

"Spike!! You stop this and go to sleep!!" She yell back and grabs the dragon in her magic.

"Twilight, I feel perfectly fine and I need to get ready because the party might be my chance to ask out Rarity for a date," Spike says desperately.

"You can worry about that tomorrow, Spike, it's time for you to get some rest," She says like a parent.

"But I don't feel tired at all!!" He argues back and placed into his bed. In only few seconds after that the dragon is promptly passed out snoring. Twilight giggles quietly and thinks,

'You're not tired at all? Your body says otherwise, Spike,'. She begins to clean up his mess placing things into neat piles or stacks. She notices colognes, toothpastes, suits, mints, and more all bought by the little dragon.

'He must really want to look good to an extreme extent,' She thinks while finishing it up and goes to prepare for bed.

"It's only two days away and ponies are already going crazy about it," She says tiredly.

"At least, it is going to be fun, YAWN!!" She says as she gets into bed and get the covers over herself.


Two days later on the day of the party,

"Ah think Ah know we can get our cutie marks this time, Sweetie Belle and Scootalo," Applebloom says to her friends.

"What is it?!" Two fillies ask back.

"We all go ta Appaloosa and get them there because there is so many things we can do," The yellow filly says.

"That's a great idea, Applebloom, I'll ask Rarity if I can go with you," Sweetie Belle says.

"I'll go get ready to go with you, cutie marks here we come!!" Yells the orange and purple-ish pink Pegasus.

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders Are Going To Appaloosa!!" They all shout at once. They all run out of their clubhouse with smiles on their faces as they prepare to (what they hope to) get their cutie marks. They all split up and go in different direction to get ready for their trip. The yellow and red filly slow down when she gets closer to her older sister and asks,

"Hey, Sis, Can we take mah friends with me?".

"Applebloom, we can't take your friends with ya. This is a family party and that's final," Says the older mare.

"Please, please, please, Applejack!!" She pleads with her big orange eyes and trembles her lips.

"Ah can't.....Applebloom,.......this...is," She looks her eyes more and shudders before,

"Arrrgh, ya can bring your friends,".

"YAY!!" Applebloom says and begins to start bouncing around the farm.

"ON ONE CONDITION!!" Her older sister yells bringing her back to reality.

"Ahh, what is it, sis?" The little sister deflates a little.

"That you don't cause any problem there and you have fun with your family," Applejack says sternly.

"Sure, sis, Ah'll let them know," The filly says inflating again and bouncing again.


At the boutique, Rarity is finishing off her own and her friends dresses when her younger sister asks a question,

"Hey, Rarity, can I go with Applebloom to Appaloosa so we can get our cutie marks?"

"Sure, just be safe and don't cause any trouble," Rarity says absentmindedly while sewing up the dresses.

"Thanks Rarity," The filly says and goes to her room to prepare for the trip.

"These be my greatest creations for my friends yet!!" Says Rarity as she stares at her creations. Her dress is light blue like her eyes with diamond shape with white gems shape all over. The outer edges are tip with purple that matches her hair color that spirals around. She looks at the dresses she made for her friends and loves her handy work. She then looks at the clock and notices it is almost time for Applejack's goodbye.

"I have to hurry or I'll be late and I can't break my word. Sweetie Belle I'll be back for you in a little bit," She says to Sweetie's room. She hears no response and look into the room to find no filly in sight.

"She must be with her friends, I must talk to her later about options for dresses," She says happily while thinking of dresses to make for them. She opens the door and leaves before taking a deep breath, happy because she finally finish all of the dresses. She smiles before running at full speed to the train station where her friends are waiting for her.


"Where is Rarity? I thought she would be here my now," Rainbow Dash says impatiently. As if on cue, Rarity yells out as she gets closer to her friends,

"Sorry, I'm late, I just finished off our dresses for the party!!".

"It's okay, Rarity, you're right on time to say goodbye," Twilight says.

"Thanks for showing up ya'll for this, Ah hope that ya'll have fun without you," Applejack says trying to hug her friends.

"It's not going to as fun without you!!" Says Pinkie while tackling the country mare.

"Have a nice time seeing your family," Fluttershy says while hugging her gently.

"I can't wait to see you again and once your back how about we have some competitions. I'll beat you at every game," Rainbow Dash says competitively while reaching at AJ.

"You're on, Dash" Says Applejack back to her. The other ponies hug the country mare harder and harder until,

"Ah.......Can..................................Hardly..............................................................Breathe.....................Can......................You.................Let.................Go,". The ponies let go and she lets out a loud gasp before breathing heavily. They all say they're sorry but AJ just says,

"It's fine, ya'll wanted ta show how much you cared. There's nothing wrong with that,".

"All abroad!!" The conductor yells out to all the mingling ponies before the train goes off at full blast with loud,

"WOOOOOOOT!!!!".

"Goodbye ya'll!!" AJ yells before running into the train before popping her head out of the window and waves goodbye.
The rest of the apple family pops their heads out of the windows but Rarity sees something that freezes her in her tracks. There with Applebloom and Scootalo out of the window is Sweetie Belle waving goodbye.

"Sweetie Belle!! What are you doing on the train?!!" Yells the panicked mare as she runs with the moving train.

"I'm going with the Apples and Scootalo to Appaloosa so we can get our cutie marks!! You said I could go, don't you remember?!!" She asks back as the train begins to move faster.

"I don't remember that!!" She yells back more scared.

"You were working on the dresses and I asked you. You said yes and that I should stay of trouble!!" She yells back to her older sister and as the train moves even faster.

"I was distracted!! Now get off that train!!" Rarity screams desperately as Sweetie Belle begins to become farther and farther away.

"Can't do that sis, don't worry, I'll be fine with Applejack, bye sis!!!!!!" Sweetie Belle yells the loudest she could before the train reached full speed and Rarity couldn't keep up. She stops running and breathes heavily while watching the train car that hold the fillies go into the distance. The other ponies run up the scared unicorn and try to calm her down.

"She'll be fine Rarity, she's with the toughest mare around besides me," Says trying to be helpful Dash as she past Rarity on the shoulder.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash but I should've been more attentive when she asked that question," Rarity responds worriedly.

"You can't blame yourself Rarity, what has happened has happened, she'll be safe," Says Twilight as she hugs the mare.

"You're right, Twilight, she'll be okay. I need remember that, but we have to get ready, the party starts soon," Rarity tone of voice becomes confident and they all race to her boutique.


A few hours later,

Another train arrived for the ponies of Ponyville, and the conductor yelled out,

"All abroad for Canterlot!!!". This causes an army of creatures wearing different forms of clothing to charge into the train all at once. In only a few minutes, the filled to capacity with ponies and other creatures including griffins, minotaurs, and even discord is on the train. The train keeps becoming more and more cramped crushing the being inside. Every being is happy when they feel the train begin to move toward the capital, Canterlot.

"Hey get away from me!! The walls are going to crush me!!!" Yelled a claustrophobic mare. There is cries from several creatures ranging from claustrophobic yells to panic from being near different creatures. The entire trip is filled in similar cries even Discord is beginning to feel the effects of the cramped spaces. He had to bend his body into the shape of a zig-zag between creatures just to give them more room. All creatures almost jumped for joy when they hear the conductor yell,

"Canterlot, coming up in less than five minutes!!".
A few minutes later, the train is in the station and the doors are opened causing entire piles of creatures to fall out. The creatures take a few seconds to recuperate before a lot of them get up and run toward the palace. The rest just laying there breathing in and out loving the fact they could move again. Among the creatures doing this include the mane six.

"It felt like I was going to become a pancake," Says a rather in pained looking Pinkie.

"You said it," Says a similar feeling Rainbow Dash.

"If this is what congratulation feels like then I don't ever want to congratulated ever again," Says Rarity while laying on the cool ground.

"Next time, I'll just fly up to Canterlot," Says Fluttershy and all of her animals look like they never want to go to another party ever.

"Thank you for the cool night air, Luna," Is all Twilight says.

"You said it," Says a pounded into the ground Discord.

"What happened to you?" Asks Twilight to the flattened dracconequus.

"I got caught between some ponies before they came out and mashed into the ground with a pile before they ran out on top of me. Before you ask, Fluttershy, I'm alright but I still felt pain from that. It's a good thing that I decided to put on my suit until I was off the train," He says happily and snaps his fingers. He goes from the ground to standing up and is wearing a three piece suit with a monocle.

"Why don't I clean your dresses for you," He says kindly before snapping his fingers again. The mane six go from the ground to standing up with dresses completely spotless and feeling fine.

"Thanks Discord, you sure are good friend," Says Pinkie before she gives him a cake that reads, 'Best chaotic friend ever'.

"Thank you Pinkie Pie," He says while wondering where she got the cake from.

"We have hurry in now, thank you, Discord," Says Rarity before the mane six charge toward the Castle.


After that, the party goes on without mishap, the mane six are given honors from the princesses. Twilight reunitewith her sister in law, Princess Cadence of the Crystal Empire, and her brother, Prince Shining Armor. Pinkie Pie shocks everyone with her party tricks and music. Rarity helps out any creatures that needs helps with their clothing from fixing hems to even making clothing. Rainbow Dash causes viewers to be in awe at the sight of such advanced flying abilities like going into spirals to even the sonic rainbow upside down. Fluttershy, her polite animals, and Discord makes everypony stop/ stare at them. Discord did mind numbing spectacles such as turning glasses into liquid to drinking a glass and not drinking the thing inside the glass. Then out of nowhere the entire party stopped when it heard a horrifying and unearthly roar.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I could not find a better roar for the sound and I do hope you like the story.
Joshua's brother, Caleb or me, says hi.

Comments ( 3 )

Im pretty interested to see how this goes. Im a pretty avid evolve player i just haven't anyone to play with. The first chapter was pretty good. There were a few words missing in certain sentences. But it still gets the idea across. Doing good on your first chapter again and i plan to read more. Thanks. Besides i was wondering where a story like this could go.
BEHEMOTH IS GODLY!!!

I can't wait to see where this story goes great work.


Gorgon is the best.

ide like to say that this would be awesome but it hasn't gotten past its first chapter and was updated more than a year ago. so ima just pay respec instead. F

Login or register to comment