• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 11,979 Views, 146 Comments

When You Least Expect It - anonpencil



Berry Punch has a horrible secret she doesn't want the other ponies to know. She avoids parties, avoids friends, avoids alcohol. But one fateful night, she can't avoid running into someone who actually seems to understand what she's going through.

  • ...
28
 146
 11,979
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 114 )

There are no puns here yet...

That's too bad, I was dying to see what you'd come up with.

There. I made one. I feel better now

B-but wheres the punch line?
There has to be one right?
Right?
>Still expecting someone to make a joke about death beds.
>Not sure if that constitutes as a joke about death beds.
>Is this story necrophilia.
>I've got an undying boner.

6934091
6934069

I appreciate the efforts from both of you. :heart:

6934121
Hey, I'm no pun machine.
Get it? Because of Diálisis?

6934155
-snrk-

You have quite a sick sense of humor my friend.

6934165
I guess you can say it's terminal.

Bittersweet indeed. One more for my Favourites library.

NOPONY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

well there's the fucking feels train for my day...you glorious bastard :P

IT LOOKS LIKE THIS SHIT GOT FEATURED. SO I NEED A SUPREME PUN FOR THIS.

HERE WE GO!

AHEM

"Berry used Protection! But it failed. Anon used Faint! It's very effective!"

And that's satyr's are made.

Oh, the story was fantastic by the way. Best story yet.

Doesn't matter had sex
[nukenutz was making a joke and would rather make a cult and die than have sex and die]

A bit on the nose, but fitting for our wine drinking friends

6935517
Well, that's going to be stuck in my head now.

6935527
whoops hahahaha

Gosh, reading the comments.... I gotta read this now!

6935532

Hey, certainly not complaining. :heart:

Attention sir/madam/revered Elder Thing (choose any two): I charge that your bio is a falsehood, a fabrication, a lie. Because this story was... surprisingly deep. Can't say I'm a fan of the whole "Anon" thing, but I can put that aside when the story surrounding the character is actually good and the emotions honestly feel real and believable.

6935583
Heh, I genuinely rarely write serious things, but I did put effort into this, so I'm glad you appreciate it. Thanks, and happy Valentines day.

Damn.
Wasn't sure what I was expecting when I began reading this, I was skeptical given what your bio says and glancing at all the grimdark stories you have. This story being the first of yours i've read. This story got much deeper, more passionate and went on for far longer than I expected. It's impressive, definitely well written.
And there are only 2 or 3 typos, tops.
Now, lets see how your other stories compare, I can only imagine they're still well written, but far sillier and probably more difficult to fap to.

6935795


...you might be a touch disappointed.

If I'm known for anything, it's probably trollfics, which is most of what I write. But there's some fappable clop too. I guess. If you're kinky.

6935811 I'm somewhat kinky, yes, though I'm not reading your stories in search for fap material. If I was though, this story suffices, at least.

What does Anon stand for? i keep seeing it in your work but dont know what it is! please explain.:fluttershysad:

6936787

Anon-
Anonymous-
An unknown or unidentified or unspecified person. In Anonymous stories the main character is being given the name Anon to represent the fact that the author wants to give this character as little character as possible and goes so far as to not even give them a name. It makes it easier to self-insert into a fic for some people. Or possibly the author is just too lazy to make names for their characters, but that's not for me to say.

6936995

Eh, that's only half right in my case.

I go out of my way to give my Anons a lot of personality, some background, and characterization. But because my origins are from that other website, and my origins are in Anon in Equestria, it became a pleasant habit for me. I enjoy doing it and, frankly, you could call the guy in this story Bob, or Pete, and it wouldn't make much difference. At this point, for me Anon is just a name rather than a lack of character or development.

I suppose I do use it as an excuse not to tell what a character LOOKS like, because, like you said, originally AiE stories were pretty much an opportunity for the reader to imagine themselves in Anon's shoes. Probably one of the reasons the majority of my stories are in second person.

That being said...I dunno why you'd WANT to be this Anon. Well, besides the sex. The whole death thing probably isn't worth the trade off. But that's just my opinion, I dunno what you folks are into,

I really appreciate you going out of your way to explain for someone!

Cool story bro.
I can relate to this...
... probably more than is healthy.
I'mma go not cry in a corner.
:pinkiecrazy:

6937112

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. I hope you're having an ok night at least.

I think a part of me died while reading this.
Hopefully I'll be able to Sleep it off.
Trying to come up with all of these puns is really killing me.

But, you know what they say, Life's a bitch and then you die.

That was rather bittersweet.

This was sad but very and truly nice. Thank you.

6936995

Okay, thanks for the description. :twilightsmile:

I really want to read this... I may still read this... But holy shit, why do people use 'Anon' as a name? It really, really grinds my gears...
Fuck it, I'm gonna read it anyway...

6938997
Thanks for giving it a shot, even if you don't like the name Anon.

6939002 I actually found a word swapper... So I'm gonna go and read all the stories I wanted to read but had the unfortunate tendencies to have the word 'anon'.

Also, the story was wonderful. I can't say I have any life threatening diseases, but I do know what it feels like to wonder if you'll live through the next day...

6939240
Well, then I am glad you liked it, sorry to hear that you've felt that before, and hey, whatever works for ya.

6939267 I chose this life, man. No apologies needed.

Once again, great story.

sip

How dare you ; n;

That story is the bittersweetness of all the candy store... thanks for sharing it with us ; u;/)

Bravo.

Just... bravo.

Wow this has got to be my favorite out of all your stories!

Gotta admit i was tearing up a bit reading through chapters 1 and 2 because as i was reading i was trying to put myself in their position and i couldn't help but feel absolute despair and sadness. I was previously thinking of how frightening it is to receive news of having a terminal illness last week and overall my fear of death and aging. This just pushed the right buttons.

Would like to say also that the sec parts were really good. I somehow feel like its the first time see an author write sec scenes the way you did and i absolutely loved it. I was surprised to see a lack of the word "marehood" in this fics since 90% of all clops have it xD
That is one of the best clop scenes i have ever read so thanks!

The ending was just beautiful ending with the amazing bittersweetness and making walk away from the story not feeling utter pity and sadness for the both of them. You really captured their feeling so well. Just how Flutterpriest captured the feelings so well in his recent fic.

In short i fucking love this story but that's a dead give away :^)

6934180
This comment needs seven upvotes.

6940093
That's a oddly specific number.
6934557
Awww shit nigga!

6940093
Well, I guess we better get to work.

6940283
It's the first number that came to mind. :raritywink:

I just wanted to say I follow that blog you got that picture from. In other words, good choice.

So genuine, and sad but also wonderful! Its kinda hard to find writers like you! Your an amazing writer, this story made my day! :derpytongue2:

Before I even start to read it what is the humans name?

6943561
As I said on the description, Anon. (in fine print, mind you.)

If that bothers you a lot, please feel free to skip this one or replace the name with whatever you see fit. This is not my usual brand of work, but it is still definitely AiE.

6943589 I see it now. I should have looked closer . So It will not have to do this again. All of you HIE stories humans are named anon?

Login or register to comment