• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 11,489 Views, 726 Comments

Dragon Bro Z - MrWriterWriter



A certain purple dragon find himself in the realm of fighting, crazyness, and a set of wish-granting balls.

  • ...
23
 726
 11,489

Tournament of Fire

"Ok, we have drinks?"

"The cooler's loaded!"

"Deckchairs?"

"Got 'em."

"Munchies?"

"Popcorn, chips, marshmallows, and saltwater taffy! Woo!"

"And I got the camcorder!" Chronoa said happily.

Twilight looked at her. "Didn't even know we had one." She shrugged. "Ok, let's go find a good spot for this!"

While they looked for the best vantage point from the plateau Chronoa had teleported them to, one of the older dragons looked up. "Wish Torch'd hurry up and get this started." He muttered to himself, resisting the urge to yawn. "Huh? Who are those...?" He squinted slightly. "Are..are those ponies setting up chairs? Didn't think this was a spectator..." His eyes widened when he spied a familiar shade of yellow. "Oh sootmuffins...her!" He gulped, remembering the - to him, at least - unwarranted dressing down he got from that pegasus. He paled when he realized who was with them, as well.

And he quickly turned to look at anything else when Fluttershy and Chronoa spotted him looking their way. "Should that big red one be here?" Chronoa asked, seeing him sweating. "He looks like he's gonna hurl."

Applejack glanced over and shrugged, "Looks familiar, though." She started scanning the skyline. "Shouldn't Spike be here by now?"

"Oh, there he is!" Fluttershy pointed a wing up to a small streak that just emerged from a cloud bank before rapidly descending towards the gathered dragons.

The largest dragon, a massive bluish-grey fellow who apparently must've been the current leader; if the thronelike plateau he was sitting on was any indication, saw the descending streak as well. "What in charring is that!?" Every other dragon followed his gaze, murmuring in confusion when the light vanished and another dragon plummeted down into their midst.

"Now you're just showing off, Spike." Apple Bloom and Scootaloo muttered in unison.

"All right. I'm here." He muttered, slowing his descent to a soft landing. "What's the deal with the itchy glowing!?" It was then that he finally noticed the other dragons. "Oh, hey. You guys get the glowing too?"

"D-dad, did you see that??" A smaller, blue dragoness flying near the large one managed to get out.

"I saw, Ember..."

"But...but he doesn't have wings!" Ember responded, pointing at him "At least, I don't see any!"

"Nor do I. Even then, that was far faster than our kind can normally achieve." He looked intently at the new dragon. "And wearing...whatever it is he's wearing."

"Well, well, look who's here." An unfortunately familiar voice drawled, followed by Garble and his two friends pushing their way through the crowd. "You get your namby-pamby pony friends to help you with that trick, loser?"

Spike, on the other hand, rolled his eyes. "You again. Garble, I have better things to do listen to you blather on."

"Or what? You gonna run and cry to 'em?" Garble laughed mockingly and moved to shove him. "How much bawling you have to do to get those losers to make you big-" He, and every dragon there, froze when a corona of energy flared up around Spike.

"Ooh! That orange one must've pissed him off!" Chronoa called out, quickly hitting the zoom on the camera as a crater slowly formed under Spike.

"I recognize him!" Twilight looked at the small screen. "That's Garble!"

"Isn't he the boorish thug that decided to bully Spikey during the dragon migration?" Rarity growled when she saw him. "It is! Ooh, if it wasn't ladylike, I'd be screaming for him to slap the taste out of that lout's mouth!"

"Dad! You feel that!?" Ember yelled, staring at the visible pressure waves emanating from Spike. It was enough that it had actually pushed several of the other dragons back some, including Garble.

"Think I just TASTED it!" He blurted out.

"What kind of dragon even has this kind of power!?" Before she could get an answer, it ended as soon as it started.

Garble stood there in near terrified silence. "I'm gonna go back over and leave you alone." He smiled weakly.

"Do that." Spike replied, not even acknowledging the fact at more than a few dragons had promptly taken submissive stances as soon as things settled down.

...he also failed to notice that several dragonesses had taken stances that weren't quite submissive.


*TWITCH!*

"Anyone else hear that?" Rainbow looked around.

"You mean that twang of a girl getting a murderous eye twitch that indicates she's thinking 'get away from him, you sleazy hoodrats!' in regards to her crush?" Pinkie asked midway through a hoofful of chips.

"Something like that."

"Nope."

"ALL RIGHT!" The large dragon yelled out, getting everyone's attention. "Look, you all know I'm Dragonlord Torch, the current ruler of the Dragon Lands. I've led you all for many years, but now it's time for me to pass on the mantle as per dragon law." He looked at the crowd. "SHOW REMORSE!"

"Seriously?" Spike raised an eyebrow as the surrounding dragons recovered enough to make various sad and regretful noises.


"Is he for real?" Sweetie asked.

"Heh, dragons can seem a little...odd, in how they do things compared to us." Twilight replied, watching Torch hold up a scepter, though it looked more like a toothpick compared to him. "Maybe it's just his way of letting them know this is meant to be a somber announcement."

"Which is why, as per dragon law, the new Dragonlord will be chosen by the Gauntlet of Fire." With a surprisingly strong flick, he threw the scepter to a nearby volcano. "The dragon that reaches and gets hold of the bloodstone scepter will be crowned Dragonlord! Whoa!" Torch nearly jumped when Spike suddenly blurred into view just in front of his snout.

"Ok, we got that out of the way, this mean I can go home now?" He asked.

Torch had to fight the urge to tilt his head in confusion. "...what? Go home!?"

"But the Gauntlet!" Ember added.

"Not interested. Besides, I live in Equestria."

"You WHAT!?" Torch hollered.

"I may be a dragon, but I'm Equestrian, born and raised."

"...what?" Torch stared, before he and Ember finally realized something.

He had no wings whatsoever.

"What happened?" Rainbow tried to focus the binoculars they'd brought along. "The big guy's gone slackjawed."

Chronoa looked at the camera screen, then Torch, then the camera again. "I think they both just bluescreened."