• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 11,465 Views, 726 Comments

Dragon Bro Z - MrWriterWriter



A certain purple dragon find himself in the realm of fighting, crazyness, and a set of wish-granting balls.

  • ...
23
 726
 11,465

Intermission: You call this a summons?

"You sure this guy'll be able to find it, Dash?" Gilda asked, scanning down into the gorge through her binoculars as she and Rainbow watched flashes of light shine from its depths. Every so often they'd hear roars and rumbling as well.

"Long as nothing's ate it since then." Rainbow cringed when an almost otherworldy howl echoed up from the darkness...right before another explosion quickly silenced it. "Also, I'm kinda glad that nothing down there seems to like light."

"Big time..."


Spike grimaced at the still burning remains of his last opponent, a bug-like thing the size of an ursa minor. "Yuk...way too many legs on that thing...mouths too." Floating by, he dispatched another eel-like creature that darted out of the shadows.

He'd been down there for an hour, and had yet to find the relic. He was about ready to head to a different section of the gorge when he spied a glint out of the corner of his eye. "Hm? Wazzat?" Flying over to get a better look, he spotted something yellow and slightly tarnished, as well as wing-shaped...sticking out of the mouth of something that had teeth pointing in directions teeth had no business facing.

Luckily it was already dead. "Must've choked on it." He thought, taking hold on the piece that was still jutting out and giving a hard yank. It came out with a soggy 'pop', slime and rotting chunks sticking to it. "Ew!" He gave it a quick blast of flame to knock off what viscera he could, as well as dry it off a little. "Guess I'm done here. Hope this is the right one."

Judging from the screech of joy Gilda let out when he came back up with it, it definitely was the Idol of Boreas. "YOU FOUND IT!" She squealed, surprising Rainbow. "I could KISS you!"


Back in Ponyville, Chronoa looked up from the magazine she was reading. "Why do I suddenly have a craving for fried chicken, extra crispy?"


"I'd settle for a decent meal, to be honest." He replied. "All that fighting gave me an appetite."


"Now I feel both pleased...and distressed, and I'm not sure why."

"Well, that's what you get for putting fluffernutter in a bean burrito." Starlight Glimmer replied nearby as she mopped the floor, having been sentenced to several hundred hours community service as well as Twilight deciding to teach her what actual friendship was.

"That's rich coming from you, Miss 'broccoli, tofu, and pimento sandwich'." Chronoa muttered in response.


"You know you can let go now, Dash." Spike said, flying back home. "We just entered Equestrian airspace." The pegasus hadn't let go of his neck in a hug since they'd left Griffonstone. When the Griffonstone leaders had found out their treasure was back, and all Spike wanted was some food, they went whole hog in providing a banquet for the three. They even let them take the leftovers home.

As soon as they were airborne, she'd once again got him in a Pinkie-grade hug. "Don't wanna." She replied, her voice slightly muffled while she was buried in the crook of his neck. As she did, she noticed an odd glow start emanating from his scales. "Uh, Spike? What are you...?"

"Was hoping you'd tell me." He replied, rubbing his forearm. "It tingles, and not in a fun way! Man, I hope I didn't catch anything in that gorge!"


"When did you say this happened?" Luna asked. She and Celestia had thankfully stopped over for lunch and to work out a schedule for the dream meetings so Luna could handle her court more often. So they were already there by the time Spike and Rainbow got back.

"We'd just crossed the border when it happened." Spike shimmied a bit. "Feels like I got a spider running around under my clothes and I can't find it!"

"Dragon culture isn't our forte, but 'Tia and I have seen this before. Whenever a dragon's scales glow, it means the Dragonlord is summoning them. You'll have to go to the Dragon Lands to see what they want."

"Summoning me?? But I've never even BEEN there!" He twitched a little at the unpleasant sensation.

Celestia shook her head. "I'm afraid it doesn't matter, Spike. The only way to relieve the discomfort is to answer the summons."

Spike looked at them. "They could've just sent a letter, or put up a notice somewhere, but no! 'You're gonna glow and feel unpleasant until you answer this!' Whoever this so-called Dragonlord is, they better have a decent reason for this."