• Published 31st May 2016
  • 1,210 Views, 32 Comments

Election in Ponyville - StormLuna



Mayor Mare is in the final year of her fourth term and has decided to run for a fifth. While she has been re-elected easily in past elections, stronger opponents will make this election much tougher for the mayor.

  • ...
11
 32
 1,210

Interview Scheduling

July had arrived and for the most part political news was put on the back burner across Equestria. However, there is one reporter who wanted to get interviews from the candidates she has focused the most on, Amethyst Star and Mayor Mare. She figured that this would be a good time to sit down with them one on one so Equestria could get to know more about them.


Interview Scheduling

It was morning when Amethyst received a phone call. She did not recognize the number that came up but something kept telling her to answer the phone. She asked, "Hello, who is this?"

The pony on the other end replied, "It's Sunny Flames of ENC, how are you doing today?"

Amethyst replied, "Oh, I'm fine....wait a minute, how did you get my number?"

Sunny replied, "The phone numbers and addresses of candidates running for public office are made available to news outlets in the event we want to interview you and I am wondering if you would be interested in having a one on one televised interview."

While the idea of phone numbers and addresses of candidates being shared with news outlets made Amethyst very uncomfortable and a bit paranoid, since it was Sunny Flames she agreed to the interview. She asked, "So when would this interview take place?"

Sunny replied, "Well since you are interested I'll head out to Ponyville tomorrow and I should get there the day after tomorrow. It would likely be in the early afternoon."

Amethyst asked, "Alright. Since you said my address was made available to you will you just show up at my house or what?"

Sunny replied, "Yeah. I think it would make you look more approachable and down to earth if we held the interview in your home."

Amethyst said, "Alright, I'll see you in a couple of days."

Sunny replied, "Thanks, see you then."

After she hung the phone up Amethyst began jumping up and down like a schoolfilly squealing, "I can't believe it, Sunny Flames is coming here! She's going to interview me here!"

Her loudness woke Sea Swirl up. She headed downstairs and asked, "Amethyst, what has you so happy? Why are you being so loud?"

Amethyst grabbed her and replied, "Sunny Flames is going to interview me here, in our home! Can you believe it?"

Sea Swirl wasn't exactly the biggest fan of news personalities and had her doubts about this. She asked, "Amethyst, are you sure you want to do this interview? What if you slip up and say something that will turn voters off to you? Even worse, what if you go all fanfilly over Sunny while the cameras are rolling and it makes you look completely foolish?"

Amethyst replied, "Don't worry Sea Swirl, I'll keep my emotions in check and I know how to say things in a way that I can persuade ponies to support me, not turn them against me."

Sea Swirl sighed, "Well alright. I'll be sure to leave the house while this is going on so that I'm not causing any distractions."

Amethyst replied, "Thanks Sea Swirl, I appreciate that."


While they continued their discussion the phone rang in the mayor's office. Mayor Mare picked up the phone and answered, "Mayor Mare speaking, how may I help you?"

The voice on the other end asked in return, "Hi, this is Sunny Flames of ENC, how are you doing today?"

The mayor asked, "Wait a minute, how did you get the direct line to my office?"

Sunny replied, "When an incumbent is running for re-election the direct line to their office is made available to news agencies in the event we want to contact you to see if you want to do an interview."

The mayor asked, "I take it that is why you contacted me. Do you want to do an interview with me?"

Sunny replied, "Yes. I have already scheduled an interview with your opponent and I figured that it would be best if I interview both of you to be fair."

The mayor asked, "So when would you want to do this?"

Sunny replied, "I will be heading out tomorrow so I should get to Ponyville the day after tomorrow. I will be interviewing your opponent in the afternoon so I was thinking I could interview you in the evening."

The mayor asked, "Where would you want to interview me?"

Sunny replied, "Well I was thinking that we could do this in your home. It would make you look more approachable if you invite us into your home."

The mayor asked, "So will these interviews be shown on TV?"

Sunny replied, "Yes, they will be. That way not just the ponies in Ponyville can see it, but everypony in Equestria can."

The mayor said, "Alright, we can do that. I'll see you then."

Sunny replied, "See you then."

Mayor Mare hung up the phone and sighed in disgust. While she really did not want to do this and was not thrilled that all of Equestria would see the interview, she knew that if she didn't want to lose support that she had better take part in this.