• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 319 Views, 5 Comments

Resurrection Of a Goddess - TheDimensionRift



Everything in life has an origin but what of magic? Everypony knows of it's presence and how in Equeastria, but where did it come from? No pony can recall magic's origin, it had always just been there. At least thats what they were led to believe.

  • ...
 5
 319

Chapter 1: Crystal Crisis

Luna stared down at the planet below her, she then looked around at the grey, barren landscape. Craters of different sizes scarred the land’s surface and not another inhabitant was in sight.

She had been here before, it was a place that held painful memories of her imprisonment, however, it made her nights shine and sometimes filled her with joy as well.

Luna walked along the moon’s surface and pondered as to why she was here when something had caught her eye. On the darkest side of the planet was a strange formation which she had never noticed until now.
Though it was too dark for her to see completely, Luna thought she could make out the shape of a tree.

This was impossible, no tree could survive on the moon, it couldn’t have been that. As she attempted to get closer, the shadows of the moon which shrouded the tree began to come alive and take the form of an Alicorn. Though the figure was a silhouette, Luna could make out a pair of white pupiless eyes.

The eyes locked on Luna who froze were she stood. Unable to move, Luna held a look of fear on her face.

“The magic that thou art fond of has served many a purpose. It has saved many lives, yet also, taken just as many; thou shall relinquish that which makes thee a princess and bow before Equeastria’s true queen; behold for we are Genesis. Goddess of peace; mother of magic; and true heir to Equeastria’s throne. Soon we shall bring peace and harmony across all of the world, and all that is needed is the magic that thou has stolen.”

The alicorn moved closer toward Luna, who was now attempting to move even more. Luna felt odd, she tried to scream but when she opened her mouth nothing but silence was released; all she could do was watch as the figure drew closer inch by inch.


Luna awoke from her nightmare in a cold sweat with a gasp, she looked around to notice she was not on the moon, but instead, in the safety of her bedroom. She let out a sigh and walked over to her open balcony as she stared up at the white sphere in the sky.

“What are you trying to tell me?” she whispered as though telling the moon a secret.

“What is this feeling I'm sensing?" Luna looked back up at the moon one last time before returning to her bed.


Cadence looked down from her castle as she stared down at the kingdom and it’s subjects below her. It was moments like this she enjoyed, being able to see so many ponies smiling because of her.

Life in the Crystal Empire had been even better since she had less royal duties to attend to. For the time being, she could enjoy spending her time with her husband she loved dearly.

“Enjoying the view?”

Cadence turned around when she recognized the familiar voice. She was faced with the love of her life, her husband Shining Armor.

“Of course, but it’s only better now that you’re here,” Cadence replied as Shining Armor made his way to her side. She gave him a quick peck on the lips as he put a hoof around her.

“Isn’t it wonderful how peaceful it’s been lately?”

“Yeah, it’s nice to just relax every once in awhile,” replied the unicorn.

“Speaking of which, I’ve got my duties wrapped up for today, what about you?”

“Just the Crystal Court, I should be done in enough time for us to prepare for Twilight’s arrival,” replied Cadence with a smile.

“Speaking of which, I better get going, it’s just about time for me to start the Court,”

“Alright, I’ll prepare for Twilly while your gone,”

Cadence gave Shining Armor another kiss before she left their room.


Cadence walked down the streets of the Crystal Empire and was greeted by everypony she seen. They smiled as she walked by and waved at her, in return, she politely smiled and waved back.

Since she had become the ruler of the Crystal Empire, all the crystal ponies always had a smile on their faces. The atmosphere in the Crystal Empire had changed dramatically now that the fear of King Sombra’s return had settled.

“Excuse me your highness,”

Cadence turned around to notice a young unicorn before her, unlike most residents she didn’t carry the same crystal features like those around town. Seeing this, Cadence could tell she was not of the Empire and possible is visiting right now.

“I have a concern I wish to speak with you about,” the unicorn said with gloomy eyes.

“I’m sorry my dear I have to attend the Crystal Court right now, but if you’d like you could accompany me and I could hear your concern once we get there?” Cadence said as she replied with a smile.

“Please, it’s an emergency, my mother she…,” the unicorn paused as tears began to well up in her eyes and stream down the side of her face.

“Oh dear,” Cadence said as she stopped walking and moved towards the unicorn.

“What’s happened to your mother? Are you lost?” she asked as she attempted to comfort the unicorn.

“Mother is really sick and the only thing that can help her….is….is….” the unicorn began sobbing uncontrollably as she couldn’t finish her statement.

“What is it? What does she need?” Cadence asked as she made an attempt to wipe away the unicorn’s tears.

“She needs….She needs….” The unicorn’s sobbing expression changed to an evil smile.

“The magic of an alicorn,” as she said this, the unicorn pulled out an amulet which she pointed at Cadence who gasped when she seen it.

The amulet flashed and then emitted a red light which surrounded Cadence. She let out a cry of pain as she felt herself become weaker. When the light stopped, the unicorn smiled, pleased with herself.

“The magic which you alicorns have stolen is needed for mother’s rebirth. Soon she will return and bring peace to Equeastria, true peace,”

At the sound of their princesses’ cry, several crystal guards rushed towards the unicorn. Cadence laid collapsed on the ground, her magic completely drained.

“Oh please,” the unicorn said as her horn glowed.

“I have no use for your princess anymore, or for this kingdom,”

The unicorn disappeared with a flash of light moments before the guards could arrest her.

“Your highness, are you alright?” asked one of the guards as he helped Cadence to her hooves.

“Inform Sir Shining Armor immediately,” he commanded to the others who saluted him before dashing off.

“My…..magic…..she stole my magic,” Cadence said with exhaustion in her voice.

“Please your highness, try to conserve your strength until sir Shining Armor….”

The guard was interrupted by a loud explosion which destroyed some shops nearby. Another explosion destroyed several buildings and homes in the area.

“What’s going on!?”

The guard looked over to see Shining Armor running to his side at full speed.

“What happened to Cadence?” Shining Armor asked as he carried his wife.

“Her magic has been drained and we’re under attack by an unknown enemy. With all due respect your highness, its not safe out here we must get you and Princess Cadence to the castle at once,”

Shining Armor nodded and began to make his way back to the castle carrying the now unconscious princess on his back. He was joined by several other guards who helped escort the two of them back to safety.

Once back inside the castle, Shining Armor took Cadence to their bedroom and laid her down gently. She awoke when he did, though she was still groggy and could barely move.

“Shining Armor? What’s going on?” Cadence asked as she attempted to open her eyes.

“The kingdom is under attack, I have to go help the other guards,” Shining Armor replied as he turned to leave. The weak hoof of his wife stopped him from leaving.

“I’ll come with you I can still…”

Cadence attempted to get up from the bed but to no avail. In her attempt she almost fell but her husband caught her at the last minute.

“Your in no condition to be moving right now, just stay here and rest for now. I’ll be back soon, I promise,” Shining Armor said as he tucked Cadence into the bed and made her more comfortable.

He gave the princess a kiss before leaving the room to assist in defending the kingdom.