• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,349 Views, 43 Comments

The Brief, Torrid Love-Affair of Fernando the Straw and Madame le Flour - CoffeeMinion



A parody of tragic romance, in which the titular couple faces an unfeeling world that forbids their love... for their passion cannot be denied!

  • ...
5
 43
 1,349

Bonus Short: “Bonfire of the Sanities”

A heavy pounding startled Trixie out of both slumber and hammock. She tumbled facefirst and cursing to her wagon’s floor.

“It’s open,” she mumbled.

In burst Pinkie, panting, eyes and nostrils blazing like the dawn.

“All sales are final,” Trixie said automatically.

“Forget about the disappearing ink—I’m here about that dirty cheat Fernando!”

“Fer… who?”

“FERNANDO!” Pinkie whipped a fuzz-caked bendy-straw out from her mane. “And Sir Lintsalot! I caught them in flagrante delicto!

Trixie blinked. “That’s a straw with some lint stuck on.”

“Verily!” Pinkie swooned backwards onto a crate of fireworks. “And now Fernando’s erstwhile lover Madame LeFlour demands fiery vengeance for her slighted ardor!”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie isn’t licensed to sell pyrotechnics.”

Pinkie deflated. “Oh. Well… I suppose… the girls did warn me about getting overimaginative while they were out of town this weekend…”

“Sane advice,” Trixie grumbled.

Pinkie pronked away, humming.

Trixie’s grumbling intensified.

Author's Note:

This originally appeared in the March 2019 Flashfic contest, which had a limit of 150 words. It was also a story request for Moosetasm and Darkstarling.

For those concerned about both continuity with the main story, as well as Fernando’s apparent infidelity: please consider this more of an homage than a “true” continuation. :derpytongue2:

Comments ( 5 )

heh...short, but amusing

Pretty much what I expected when trying to get sane advice from Trixie.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

In burst Pinkie, panting, eyes and nostrils blazing like the dawn.

Yeah, that's right, you blaze those nostrils! >:V

This reminds me... has Twilight been shipped with Tom yet?

Cuz then we can say, "Still a better love story than 'Tomlight'."

Login or register to comment