• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 186 Views, 0 Comments

A Lot of Words - Light Bright



Junebug has a lot on her mind today. She might as well vent it all out in her journal.

  • ...
 0
 186

Dear journal,

I’m Junebug, wait no! That’s not a good way to start. Wait, I got this. Dear journal, I am JUNEBUG!! No wait that’s stupid too. Well anyways you know who I am but the real question is do I know who I am? I’m not an extremely explosive or easily angered person, but I’m not exactly a pushover or an extremely shy person at all.

If you bring up today with Spike, let me just say for the record I don’t entirely trust Spike and was trying to stay on his good side. I know he’s a baby dragon, but I’ve always worried about what he’ll become when he grows up.
After today we’ve all seen what happens. Yet no one listens to me. I mean I’ll talk to Spike but unlike everyone else I’m not so laid back and willing to let my guard down around him.

Carrot Top says that I’m just paranoid, but whatever. To be honest I think that I am a well-balanced person with a slight tendency to be bit hyperbolic at times. I have an easy-going demeanor its just sometimes, I get a little worked up over certain things.

I guess at this point I might as well write everything I need to say now (If you haven’t noticed by now, no one really listens to my concerns).

I had a good childhood, and believe it or not I used to live on an island that was in the Luna Bay. It was very beautiful there in the spring and especially the summer. There was the lush green grass, the wildlife, not to mention the flowers (I mean gardening is my special talent after all, what else did you think the three bumblebees on my rump were supposed to mean?).

Of course it wasn’t perfect, nothing is ever perfect after all. Now obviously living so up north had its drawbacks. It was always cold and rainey. Sure we got some relief during the summer and late spring but every other day of the year you either wore a coat or your existing one… Uh… well it sorta…

Fun Fact: as crazy as it might seem it is actually possible for your coat to freeze and then fall off!

I was able to witness this during a visit to my parent’s farm, last I heard the unlucky mare had to wear a snuggie for a year (Yep that’s actually a thing, don’t worry though it was the dead of winter, I think). Anyways, when I was a little filly there wasn’t much to do, there weren't that many children in the area. For the most part, the only pony I knew my age for the first years of my life was my twin sister Carrot Top.

Interestingly enough, as similar as we may look with our green eyes, similar coat colors and similar mane styles we are actually fraternal twins. If you look at my mane and tail you will see that my mane is comprised of two different shades of orange and I have a completely different
cutie mark so pleeeeaaase… next time you see me I would like it if you didn’t run up to me and shout, “hi Carrot Top did you change your hair
again? It looks much better than that one time when you tried dying it green! Not that it looked bad or anything but, you know?”

I’m sorry, sometimes I’m just a little fed up by how much people get us confused, I mean somehow ponies can differentiate between Lotus and Aloe but for some reason I’m always Carrot Top. I guess it wouldn’t bother me that much if I got some recognition sometimes, but everyone seems to see Carrot Top and forget I exist!

I mean I have friends and it’s not like I feel like I live too much in Carrot Top’s shadow, but sometimes I wonder why I don’t get at least a little more love, man. Think about it w..

Junebug dropped her journal when a loud crash shook her room almost causing a book Shelf to fall onto her. She was able to dodge the falling shelf just in time. June then tried to pull her journal out from under the bookshelf, which comically flung out from under the bookshelf and smacked her in the face. She frantically flailed her arms until she inevitably fell onto her back.

June rolled one hundred-eighty degrees onto her stomach as the door to her room burst open revealing a crazed mint colored mare.
“Lyra?!” Junebug uttered.
“How in Equestria are you here!? I thought you were on the other side of town hanging out with Minuette and Pinkie Pie!!” Junebug exclaimed, gasping for breath.
She glanced up at Lyra waiting for an answer, and with that Lyra began talking with a weird mix of concern and excitement,
”Junebug I was with Pinkie and Minuette but then I felt my human sense tingling and so of course I followed where it was coming from and it brought me here!" Lyra looked expectantly towards Junebug, with a large unnatural smile and pupils that were quite the opposite in size.
"Have you seen or heard any mention of humans by any chance?" Lyra questioned, secretly hoping for a development in her obsession with humans.

June stared at Lyra again thinking, "I forgot she could do that." After waiting a moment, Junebug replied calmly, "Um...No." She paused a moment and continued, "No Lyra I haven't seen or heard anything about humans and um...
what are you staring at?"
June followed Lyra's gaze that led her to her journal lying open on the ground. She looked at Lyra, then at the book, then at Lyra and the book again. It didn't take much to put two and two together. June immediately realized what was going through Lyra's head at that moment, "more love man."

“We'll um Lyra that's my journal and I would prefer if you didn't stare so intensely at it." Spoke June quietly.
June could see Lyra studying the contents of the journal although she was quite a distance away. Before June could say anything more, Lyra snapped out of her trance, gave a simple, "Okay" and trotted out of the room.

Lyra left without giving June an explanation at all. Not that June needed any explanations; Lyra was prone to act crazy whenever she got excited. Junebug remembered how Bon Bon and her watched Lyra accidentally bump into about five ponies at the summer sun celebration a few years back.

Junebug snapped back into reality and looked around the room realizing how much of a mess it was. She pushed the bookshelf, which was miraculously still intact, back into the corner of the room. June paused and chuckled for a moment thinking, "And ponies say Pinkie Pie is nuts!"

After finally getting everything in order, she looked around the room and sighed falling back onto her bed. As she looked up at the ceiling she gave a small smile. She may have had a crazy day, but hey, that’s life! Besides, she resolved, it was best not to dwell on things.

On a brighter note, she had a whole basket of flowers in the pantry from earlier. June could make so many daisy sandwiches from those! In fact, she might even go for one right now! Well, maybe after a short nap, she was really tired.

So with a large yawn and the consolation of deciding her day hadn’t been that bad after all, she drifted off into a peaceful sleep.







The End

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading my first story! please comment, tell me what you liked or what you didn't this is my first story and I want to know what I can do to improve!:pinkiehappy: Also special thanks to my dad for proofreading my story

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment