• Published 10th Feb 2016
  • 1,361 Views, 68 Comments

Reality is Magic - ninjintonic



Thirteen years later after my reformation; The battle of the bands; and the Friendship Games, we realized that friendship is not all about apple pie life, candy in the sky, and having sweet desserts at Sugarcube Corner all the time.

  • ...
15
 68
 1,361

Scenario Finale: The Magic of Reality

SUGARCUBE CORNER - 9:47 PM, MONDAY





"Darling, you have no idea how many sleepless nights I've spent to perfect Twilight's dress." She took a sip of her glass of vanilla shake from a straw, "...Two weeks."

"Whoa!" Everyone gasped to Rarity.

All eight of us remain seated by our usual table. I spent four hours conversing and catching up with my friends. Sugarcube Corner was already closed for the night, but Mr. and Mrs. Cake were kind enough to let us stay longer. We all ordered our usual drinks that we had always drank back in the day, just the purpose of rekindling the past. Mr. and Mrs. Cake served us a dozen cupcakes free of charge, though we did insist on paying, but they refused.

Twilight leaned against the table, tucking her palms under her cheek with a smile directing at me, "So Sunset, have you thought about settling down with the love your life?"

My smile turned into a puzzlement expression, "Twilight, I don't think I'll ever find Mr. Right..."

"I know someone who I may hook you up with." Twilight with a winking grin.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I enjoy going solo for now."

Apple Jack joined in, "Sunset, Braeburn is looking for a special someone... You should oughta get to know him, sugarcube."

I let out an awkward laugh, "No really, I'm good."

"Maybe there's something Sunset isn't telling us, and she rather keep it a secret." Pinkie chuckled.

"Ooooo!" Everyone teased in unison.

"Awww, Sunset, don't let them get to you like that." Flutter Shy in a low voice, but remained a mischievous smile.

"Sunset knows well that she will contact me for fashion advice whenever she goes on a date, right darling?"

I stared blankly in space and delayed in words of response, "Oh.. Yes, of course." I was in a state of absent-mind, ruminating about what happened yesterday in the music studio. I thought it was quite bizarre because Pinkie, Lyra, Vinyl and I had always played my song before and never ponied up like we did. Maybe our own friendship magic is trying to tell us something, perhaps something we have to prepare in the near future. But I couldn't get myself to wrap around it. I didn't have this much trouble figuring this whole thing out since Friendship Games.

"Sunset.. Are you ok?" Lyra nudged me from my own mind trip of things, "Twilight is trying to announce something, and you were just staring into blank space..."

"Oh... I'm sorry, go on.." I gave Twilight my attention.

Twilight cleared her throat, "... I'm going to have a baby!"

Everyone, but Rarity, jaw-dropped in stupefaction, "Really, Twilight?!" Apple Jack with her wide eyes.

"Yes, I'm a couple of weeks now, I can't wait to find out what the sex of the baby is." Twilight said cheerfully.

One good news after another. First the marriage, the reuniting with my friends, now she's having a baby. I was overjoyed, "Twilight... You have no idea how happy I am for you, really, I am..." In my standardized voice, "You're going to make a great mama." Followed by my cute giggle.

"I call Godmother!" Rainbow Dash blurted out in a loud, hushed tone with her hand raised.

"What?! You just can't call Godmother like that.." Apple Jack corrected, "Don't you think Twilight gets to pick who the Godmother is?"

"Absolutely, well said, dear, and I already know who Twilight is going to pick..." Rarity waved her hair ostentatiously, already predicting to be the one being chosen.

Twilight gazed around us with look of ambivalence, "... Ya know what... I think I'm going to make you all my Godmother..."

"Huh?!" Everyone said shockingly altogether, "You can't do that!" Rarity disputed.

"Why not?" Twilight took a sip of her milk shake with a grin, "Who's anyone to tell us that it's wrong... You girls are my best friends."

Everyone looked at each other with short silence, except for a slurping noise produced by Pinkie when sipping from her own milkshake straw.

Flutter Shy reinitialized, "I think it's a wonderful idea, Twilight. Remember, not only am I good with taking care of animals, but I'm very good at taking care of children too. So if you'll ever need me..."

Rainbow Dash folded her arms with an attitude, "Whatever happened to those old days... Calling it not mean anything anymore?"

We all frowned at Rainbow Dash. Pinkie altered the subject, "That's sweet of you Twilight. So have you thought of the name for the baby yet?"

"If it's a girl, it would be Daisy Hearts. If it's a boy, it would be Candy Buzz."

"Aw that's soooo cute." Flutter Shy with a cuteness remark.

"It's sooo cute, I need to punch a wall." Rainbow Dash added.

After six hours spent at Sugarcube Corner, we have decided to go home for the night. We were having too much fun conversing, and tasting all of Mr. and Mrs. Cake's deliciously baked goods, which I will greatly miss when I leave. We all agreed to hang out again sometime, Rainbow Dash invited us to go on her next basketball game. However, I fabricated my show for excitement when she had distributed us the tickets. Pinkie and Lyra obviously knew something was wrong throughout my whole night at Sugarcube Corner. Little did they know that I'm leaving this world the next couple of hours, and still stammered with words to tell them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUNSET'S APARTMENT - 12:05 AM, SAME MIDNIGHT




As the three of us girls entered the apartment, Lyra comfortably sat herself on the sofa to turn the TV on and catch up on some new episodes of My Little Pony that she had previously missed. Pinkie sat on a stool chair by the counter-top with her legs crossed, looking at me with an inquisitive expression. I gazed back at her with a frown, "Pinkie, please... I knew I was off back there, but I'd really appreciate if we don't talk about it?..." I walked towards my fridge to grab a bottled water.

Pinkie let out a sigh, "Absolutely... Fine with me..."

Lyra, who was still facing the TV, joined in the conversation, "We should definitely talk about what happened yesterday at the studio..."

Pinkie folded her arms with a smirk, "Yeah Sunset... What was that all about?"

"Quite honestly, my guess is as good as yours..." I took a gulp of my bottled water, and leaned back on the kitchen table, "But if my hunch is right, I think it had something to do with reuniting with our friends again."

"Ok?" Pinkie with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep... Remember back in the day, if any evil comes here for world domination, all we had to do was pony up?"

"Right... But we only ponied up if something evil is present, right?"

"Not necessarily."




*Cell Phone Rings*

*Cell Phone Rings*

*Cell Phone Rings*



I answered my phone within three rings, and was appalled to the sound of voice heard from the other side of my phone, I said in a loud tone, "Tirek... What do you want!?..." He explained to me in short details and hung up. Pinkie and Lyra was shock to hear the mentioning of Tirek's name. Their expression suddenly turned into a state of disturbance.

Lyra turned the TV off, and faced me, "What does he want?.." In a questionable serious tone.

I hid my phone in my pocket, then leered at both my girls with lowered eyebrows, "Girls... It's time... Tirek must be stopped. We have to go now before he causes any trouble..."

Pinkie in quizzical tone, "What are we supposed to do, and where do we go?..."

"We can use the magic that we have in us... Call Vinyl, tell her it's an emergency and that she has to meet us outside of Canterlot High School in ten minutes.... Tirek will be there."

"Ok."

The three of us hastily exited my apartment instantaneously, leaving my apartment door slightly close, showing a slight fissure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUTSIDE OF CANTERLOT HIGH SCHOOL - 12:20 AM, SAME MIDNIGHT





Mysterious green mists circulated just outside of CHS as we finally arrived the front yard, the school was dimly lit by a lonely lamp post. The four of us stood beside the horse statue on a platform. We explored the area for Tirek, he was nowhere in sight. I could've sworn he said to meet up within ten minutes. The area was rather, questionably eerie at this time of the night at CHS, more secluded than I remembered it, ironically speaking. No ambiance are presently heard, apart from the footsteps we produced as we thoroughly examined the vicinity of the front yard. The surrounding indeed gave off bad aura, but I was cognizant.

Pinkie in a mid-distance, coming from the short alley-way of the school, "Nope... Not here.."

"What are we supposed to do when he comes?" Vinyl questioned as she stood next to me.

"We'll have to use our magic of friendship."

"But how?" Lyra joined in.

"We'll have to figure it out as we go..."

A dark figure dispersed through the green mists up ahead in a distance, appearing a broad, tall man with horns on its head from where we stood. He was pitched black. He took steps, producing heavy vibrations as approaching our direction through a single glaring light. He appeared more horrid than the last time we saw him. He let off a villainous smile at the four of us, petrifying us to our very soul. The feeling of apprehension crawled through our spine, how can someone enormous like him be stopped by us? He sauntered to the direction of the statue where we all stood. A sound of double voice was generated from him in a very deep, low tone, "I only expected Sunset to come alone, seems like she brought along some friends." Tirek let out a loud wheezing laugh.

I held my friends back, and replied, "Tirek, what do you want?"

"Where's your journal?"

"It's in a safe place."

Tirek barked out in laughter, "Magic is a powerful thing, Sunset... You have something that truly belongs to me."

"No."

Tirek with a raised eyebrow, "You must be crazy... You have no idea what you're dealing with."

"All that dark magic inside you, You'll still end up alone."

Tirek with a smirk, "Is that so?" He twiddled his own chin, "Then I guess you wouldn't mind me doing this." He snapped his fingers which led to detonate an explosion of the horse statue into bits and pieces of rubbles. This had caused the girls to jump away from it.

I pondered over the girls, "Everyone ok?!"

"Yeah."
"I'm good."
Lyra and Vinyl responded.

Pinkie looked at the area where the statue once stood, now into rubbles, "Sunset, the statue!" She pointed.

I enraged to see that my only way home to Equestria, is now gone. I stood up, ran over in front of Tirek, looking up at his face with a furious expression.

Tirek with another smirk, "I'll give you a deal... If you give me your journal, I'll be out of your hair, if not, say goodbye to your school and forget it ever existed... So what's it gonna be?"

I stood silence for a short while, and called out the girls, "Girls! It's time... Lets all circle together!"

Through Tirek's inquiring mind, he was puzzled of what may happen next. He knew we were up to something, therefore attempted a power hand swing to me, but missed due to my instant teleportation towards near the girls. We closed our eyes then together, we held hands. Rays of light had shun around us, forming magical pony ears with an extended length of our hair. We levitated as the ray of light began spiraling upward around our bodies, followed by small pixie dusts. It lit the whole entire school yard, and the green mists around the air, now vanished. The light had caused Tirek to block his own face with his hands, but our magic produced had caused his body to skid back a couple of inches with force. Tirek was rather surprised. As our pony ups had reached its peak, the girls landed on the ground. However, I remained levitated. My phoenix wings, that was half the size of my body, magically drew out from my back shoulders with sparkling finish. I flapped my bright, illuminated wings slowly. I opened my eyes, letting out words supervening an echo, "You have no idea what you've done..." I instantaneously glide through the air, blasting small rays of fire-like beam to Tirek, at the same time was very careful that I didn't destroy the school grounds. Tirek was also fast on his movement, and was powerful enough to block every fire of energy I charged at him. As I came near him, I formed a fiery sword of magic from my hands, and swung at him. He instantaneously teleported from where he stood, then appeared on a high point. He was at the same leverage of the school roof. He snapped his fingers once again that yet caused another explosion near where the girls stood, combined with his laser beam aimed at them. They were all quick enough to bypass the wave of explosion, but the laser shot Pinkie right through her heart, which caused her body to falter to the ground.

"PINKIE!" I cried out loud.

Vinyl and Lyra dragged her to a safe area near the bushes. I hastily flew next to the girls, and knelt down on the ground with both knees, next to Pinkie. Pinkie's head rested on Lyra's lap. She huffed, puffed, and cried. I held her hands tightly with a tensed tone, "Pinkie, look at me.. Look at me... You're going to be ok, I promise."

Pinkie was breathing heavily. She looked at me with a very fearful expression. Her tears were rolling down her face, "Sunset, it hurts."

Lyra began to cry as well. Vinyl's expression was turning sour at this moment of time, trying to hold back her tears.

"Shhh... Listen..... Me, Lyra, and Vinyl are here. After were done, we're all going to go home, I promise, ok!?.." With my same tone, my eyes began to gloss, and attempted to relinquish a smile to reassure her.

"Sunset... I.. I'm scared." Her breathing was noticeably getting short.

"Don't be scared, honey, this is just a small cut..." My tears rolled down my face.

Pinkie's shortness of breath became more apparent, "Sunset, I... I'm sorry that I've caused you so much trouble... Take care of Lyra... ..." Her breathing finally stopped, and her tight hand grip became faintly loose. Her ears and hair turned back to normal.

Lyra sobbed, "Pinkie?. . . Wake up, please... Pinkie?... PINKIE!" She hugged Pinkie tightly.

I slowly stood up with a raging look in my eyes. I flapped my fiery wings to float myself up on a high point, and glowered at Tirek with my fist tightly clenched.

Tirek let off a laugh, "There you go Sunset, let your anger get the best of you. Show me your true power!"

I let out a scream of phoenix which caused the wave of vibration to disperse through the whole town of Humanaville and HuManehattan. I swiftly flew to Tirek at a high point, and delivered my fiery fist to his face. His body then descended, and dropped to the ground in prone position, causing a cracked fissure on the school ground cement. As he lied unconsciously on the ground, I followed, and swiftly glided down from where I floated at incredible speed. I formed a fiery sword with my own hands, and dashed downwards, accurately aimed at his spine. This had caused an enormous boom and atomic light. The parameters of the school flared in bright flaming crimson, but dissipated in seconds. A big hole was formed on the cement from where Tirek laid unconsciously on. I flew amidst the air, and looked at him with the same expression, "I know it ain't that easy to take you down... Now get up, you bastard!"

"Please be very careful!" Vinyl shout from a far distance.

Lyra still held Pinkie's hands. She looked up to my direction with a worried look. I gazed at her back and Pinkie, who is lying lifelessly on Lyra's lap. I just couldn't believe it. if I wasn't careless, she'd still be alive, but it went over my head, and it was all myself to blame for.

I looked back down at the deep, cement hole. Tirek disappeared right before my eyes. I gazed back from my direction, Tirek's fist landed on my cheek, causing me in a dazed state. I spit out blood.

"You're right... It ain't that easy to take me down." Followed by his monstrous laugh. He had me on a choke hold and started to grip my throat tightly. I flapped my wings rapidly, and joggled my body for freedom.

A sound of a gunshot was heard from below us. It accurately shot Tirek on the head, which had no effect on him. The bullet ricochet into parts unknown. Tirek's grip had loosen up, allowing me to let go freely. We all turned to the sound of a gunshot, leering over Wind Rider who stood right below us.

"Wind Rider, even for you, this is a whole mountain of stupid..." Tirek in a woflish voice towards Wind Rider, "How are you still alive?..."

Wind Rider in a loud voice with an echo throughout the school yard, "It' ain't over, till it's over, asshole!" Wind Rider pulled the trigger once more, but this time, Tirek caught the bullet with his hands, and crushed it into dusts.

"No one... I say... NO ONE.. DICKS WITH ME!" Tirek dropped down at incredible speed right on top of Wind Rider. Gushes of his flesh and blood splattered through the school grounds from where he had stood. I can say for sure, Wind Rider will never come back. Tirek licked off the remnants of blood that splashed on his face. Then gawked at Vinyl and Lyra with a creepy smile.

I swiftly glided down with incredible speed downwards to his direction with a fist. He blocked it and held it. I moaned and screamed out in pain as he gripped my fist tightly, causing my bones to crack. Tirek with an evil grin, "Yes Sunset... I love it when you scream like that, scream for me again baby."

I screamed in tremendous pain, more painful than the first, followed by a panting cry. I flapped my wings to free myself of his grip, but it was useless. I was helpless. At this rate, I'm going to lose. Not only from saving my friends, but saving the whole world.

"Stop!!" Lyra halted. She held out my journal, reaching it out over to Tirek, "You want the book?! Here!.. It's yours! let Sunset go!"

Tirek released his tight grip, causing me to drop down on the ground. He sauntered directly to Lyra, "Well played, Lyra."

"Lyra, No!" I shouted.

As I was able to get back on my feet, I flew towards him in high speed to prevent him from snatching my journal, but I was too late. As Lyra handed him the journal, he began absorbing the magic out from it. As it came to an end, he propelled the book towards Lyra's direction. We all focused on his newly transformation that dreaded us to our very soul. His horns got longer, his body has gotten bulkier, and radiance of black and red vapor radiated around his body, causing a spiral. Lightning had struck above him, which he had absorbed as well. He levitated on air combined with a much deeper laugh than before. He then took an evil glance to my direction, "There's only one more thing to do... is to absorb your soul.."

I attempted to fly away from him, but he teleported near me and grabbed my body with one hand.

"No! You promise to let her go!" Lyra shouted out as she tried to run towards them, but Vinyl held her back.

"Let go of me!" I strive for freedom by pulling away from his tight hand grip wrapping around my body. At this point, I was ready to give up, Tirek is far too strong.

"LET GO OF HER!"

Tirek gawked at the direction of a voice that sounded unfamiliar to him. Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, and Flutter Shy showed up together beside Lyra and Vinyl. They all gasped to see Pinkie Pie lying lifelessly on the ground. Twilight continued with words in a loud voice throughout the school, directly to Tirek, "I said, let go of her!"

Tirek in a deep voice, "Who are you guys?"

"We are the girls who are about to kick your arse!" Rarity replied.

Tirek laughed hysterically, "Would love to see you try..."

Twilight turned to her friends, including Vinyl and Lyra, "Girls, lets huddle in together, we only got one chance, lets make this count." Everyone nodded along to Twilight as they all held hands together to form a circle. As they all connected in harmony, radiance of bright light dispersed around them, causing a burst of magic explosion with crimson of various colors. The effect was similar to when Pinkie, Lyra, Vinyl and I connected earlier, but this was ten times more powerful. As I saw the beautiful colors of light, Pinkie levitated from the ground she laid. She gained her consciousness again, alive and well, floated and shifted towards the direction of the girls, and joined in with them. Magic shield had surrounded them.

"Lets end this guy!" Pinkie said in serious tone.

The magic shield that surrounded them in a bubble, had shot directly to me, absorbing it through my body. As I completely consumed the magic the girls had gave off, I forced myself to be free of his grip effortlessly. My body glowed much brighter than ever.

"What the?..." Tirek, in a puzzlement state.

I let out a smoldering look, "What... Your own magic got your tongue?" I flapped my wings which charged mists of fire combined with sparkling dusts at his face.

"Owww! What the hell?!"

"Oh I'm sorry, did that hurt? I didn't mean to." I said conceitedly with a smirk, "No matter how much dark magic you consume, The Magic of Friendship will dominate every time!" I raised both my arms up, reaching for the sky, and unleashed my power from within. The dark clouds above us interspersed revealing the beautiful night sky with countless of stars that shimmered right before us. Then a wave of space from a high point above had spiraled to form an enormous portal hole the size of a ten story building. A giant colorful magical figure, shape of an alacorn, appeared from within the large spiraling portal, slowly easing in to this world. As it concluded its entrance, a large beam of magic rapidly shot from its horn directly at Tirek. This had made Tirek immovable. It turned him into a statue, then he broke into pieces of rubbles. Not only did it destroy Tirek in one blow, it also shot in every direction to repair of what was damaged. The CHS Horse statue was recovered and the giant hole in a cement had been repaired. As everything turned to normal, the magical alacorn had returned to the spiraling portal. The portal began to diminish in size in short seconds, and completely vanished through thin air.

I took a gander over the girls that brought a big smile to my face, even larger when I saw Pinkie alive and well again. I flew beside them and huddled a group hug, "We did it girls... We did it..."

"Yes, we totally kicked his butt!" Rainbow Dash added.

"If it weren't for you girls, it would've been the end for us all.."

"Don't sweat it, sugarcube." Apple Jack tipping her hat with a grin.

I turned to the sound of a rippling wave which reverberated through the portal of the horse statue. It was an invitation for me to go back to Equestria, my home. I didn't know how to tell the girls from the beginning, but this was now the best time to reveal the actual truth before time runs out. As we all liberated from a group hug, I announced to everyone, "Girls... As much as I hate to say it... But I must go..." Lyra and Pinkie appeared more startled than the others. With their inquiring mind, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Pinkie stepped up, "Wait, wait wait.. .. .. Where're you going?"

Lyra stood beside Pinkie with the same expression.

"Girls... I didn't know how to tell you both before... And I'm sorry I was too late..."

"Too late for what?" Lyra questioned, "Too late to tell us that your visit to this world was nothing more than just a fantasy to you? and you're going to leave us just like that?"

"Lyra..."

Pinkie with a downcast expression, "Sunset, why must you go?..."

"... It's difficult to explain... My true home is Equestria... If I stay here long enough, it will cause disruption of balance with my alternate being in this alternate world..."

"Wait... There's another Sunset in this world?" Rarity merged in.

"Disruption of balance?" Flutter Shy followed.

Pinkie continued on with her words, "... I can't argue, but I guess you have to do what you gotta do... But will you come back?"

"I'm afraid I can't... Once I enter through that portal, I will be forever blocked from this world. All the magic that was released, will then return to Equestria. Even the Equestrians. If there are still some remaining here, that is..."

"Sunset... Your journal.." Vinyl reached my journal out to me, and accepted it.

"Thanks Vinyl... Wish I can leave this behind for you girls to remember me by, but this book must come with me." The wave sounds of the portal had become more distinct, it's expecting for my departure, "... Promise me this... Never, ever forget the times we shared together.." I said sobbingly.

"We'll never forget..."
"You're always in our hearts."
Lyra and Pinkie sniffled whilst saying those words.

The rest of the girls, again, huddled in together for a final hug as my enormous wings engulfing them like a warm blanket protecting a flock of phoenix babies. We hugged for a long period of time. My memories rushed back from how I first came to this world when I was sixteen, and how these girls have changed my life since then. I cried even more as I thought about it; The laughs, the fun times, the band rehearsals, the ups and downs, and our usual hang out spot at Sugarcube Corner. I enjoyed every moment shared together, but it's now time to say goodbye. We liberated from our hugs. I turned to the direction of the horse statue and sauntered towards the portal. Everything I've been through my whole entire life, this was indeed the most difficult task I've ever done. It's not the goodbyes that hurt, but the flashbacks that follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BARNES AND NOBLE, HUMANEHATTAN - 11:37 AM, SUNDAY





A week later...





Pinkie and Lyra decided to kill some time in my favorite bookstore. They found themselves at the book store more often nowadays since I left the human world. Maybe they were there just to rekindle the past because of my love for books. They both sat by Starbucks that's within the book store. Lyra had a handful of music books, and Pinkie was reading some manga volumes, "Now I know why some people think reading is a pleasure, I love reading." Pinkie took a sip of her coffee.

Lyra had an open book in front of her, and leered over to Pinkie, who is currently reading one of the volumes of a Japanese comic, "Pinkie... That's a comic book..."

"I don't care... I love this book."

Lyra rolled her eyes and continued to read her book.

Pinkie observed on a far distance from where they sat, a girl with the similar hair color as mine, but the length of her hair is much longer and straighter, and she wore glasses. It's amazing how fate works in mysterious ways. As I left this world behind me, my alternate being coincidentally shows up. She was scanning through the bookshelves while holding a book under her arm. Pinkie nudged Lyra's hand with words in a low tone, "Lyra, look behind you.." Lyra let out a baffle expression, then swung around to see what Pinkie was trying to indicate. Lyra's eyes widened, and swung back around.

Lyra in a low voice with the tip of her fingers slightly covering her mouth, "Oh goodness, so uncanny!.." Lyra swung around to take another glance, then focused, "She's so beautiful, just like our Sunset."

"Ummm, you do realize she's the same Sunset Shimmer, but this world's version though.."

"But look at her hair, and those glasses..." She turned back around to Pinkie with her thought of an idea, "Lets approach her!"

Pinkie contorted, "Ehh, I don't think that's a good idea, she'll think we're a creep.."

"No she won't, c'mon... Lets phase it through."

Pinkie didn't like Lyra's idea of phasing it through, but it wouldn't hurt to try, "... Fine... But if this all falls into cracks, you're buying lunch."

"Ok, fine! Lets go before she leaves."

Pinkie and Lyra left their coffees and books on their table, then sauntered to the bookshelves where Sunset was browsing through. Since it was Lyra's idea to approach, she went ahead to initiate an introduction. Pinkie, on the other hand, was on the other side of the bookshelf, pretending to browse leisurely. She wasn't far from where they were, but she's close enough to eavesdrop on their conversation. Lyra came near, side by side, gazing through the same books that Sunset had her eyes on. Lyra in a pleasant tone, "Hmmmm, Oh I'm sorry, am I on your way?"

Sunset bashfully looked at Lyra while she ran her fingers through her own hair, "Oh... No, you're fine.." Followed by a smile.

Lyra continually browsed through the books, "Hmmm... The Supernatural... Such an awesome series.. I love it."

Sunset with a bright smile, "Oh, me too."

"Really?! Do you like the show too?"

"I love reading the book as much as I love watching the show. It's my favorite." She blushed.

Pinkie appeared and joined in the conversation, "I'm sorry, I can't help but over hearing.... But did you say you love watching the show? I really think Dean is hot."

Sunset chuckled, "Yes! I strongly agree."

Lyra grinned at Sunset and introduced herself, "I'm Lyra.. Lyra Heartstrings." She reached her hand out for a hand shake.

Sunset kindly accepted, "My name is Sunset Shimmer."

"My name is Pinkie Pie." Followed by her wide smile.

"Delighted to meet you both."

As the girls concluded their end of the introduction, they continued conversing about the series. Pinkie and Lyra must remind themselves every time that she's actually not me, and that she is the alternate version. But it was a learning curve for them. It was difficult to readjust and reacquaint because Sunset's gestures and behavior pattern recollected their memories of the past when I used to live with them. They must remember that they have to start a new clean slate of friendship again. A new kind without magic and evil. After all, I wanted them to be happy and safe, and that's all. I really miss them so much, and I know if I wanted to go back, it will only stir things up again. I guess goodbyes are the only perfect thing for us.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. It was a good 2 months between full time at work and writing. What do you guys think will happen next with the girls? What are your speculations? I'm open to all criticism and questions. Once again, Thank You for reading Reality is magic.:twilightsmile:

Comments ( 3 )

it leaves me with a Heavy heart to say this but.. worst chapter of the story.. it started off strong then started falling around when Pinkie was killed.. the Cop-Out in bringing her back via friendship magic.. i say Friendship magic is strong but not strong enough to bring dead people back to life.. plus how the other girls some how knew to go to CHS.. you should have explained more in how they knew to go help Sunset.. and how were Lyra, And Vinyl able to some how join in something that only the Main 6 and Sunset can do?

There are too many problems with this Chapter for me to even like it.. even though Wind Rider was sent to Oblivion where he deserves to be.. it didn't save the chapter... over all great story untill this chapter hit.. i say re-do the chapter and make it better then it currently is..

With this all said... i bid you farewell..

7152793 thanks for the comment, I guess you're right.

Beautiful Ending loved how everything fell together at the end *no spoilers* this chapter brought along with it all kinds of feels and led me to tear up at some points (Man Tears) I had quite an experience reading this story it was like a journey of coalescence and I'm glad you continued to the very end. Nice work ninjintonic I hope to see more of your work in the near future.

Login or register to comment