• Published 10th Feb 2016
  • 1,367 Views, 68 Comments

Reality is Magic - ninjintonic



Thirteen years later after my reformation; The battle of the bands; and the Friendship Games, we realized that friendship is not all about apple pie life, candy in the sky, and having sweet desserts at Sugarcube Corner all the time.

  • ...
15
 68
 1,367

Scenario 14: The Disconsolation

SUNSET'S APARTMENT - 5:28 AM, MONDAY



It's a refreshing morning, and the sun has yet to shine bright through the blazing sky. The light was switched on through the living room and the kitchen. I've been waking up earlier than usual to prepare breakfast ever since Lyra and Pinkie moved in to my two-bedroom apartment. They slept in the same room, sharing my memory-foam bed. Lyra wasn't a big fan of my mattress, but will have to settle for now until she purchases a regular one of her own.

Lyra and Pinkie don't wake up until six, and lately I've gained the habit of checking both the girls every morning before I start my routine. It melts my heart to see both of my girls hugging while sleeping under their covers, it's like seeing two of my baby sisters securing one another.

With each day I live by, is another step of my attempt to solve the clues to my curse. I'm aware of what my curse can do to my girls, but were stronger when were together. After telling Lyra everything last night, she was curious to know where Twilight had been through all these years. Which came to my inquiring mind, I never asked. I'm sure Twilight had her reasons, moreover, being a princess in Equestria, she already has her full plate with things.

Expect sunny skies along the coastal plains from Sweet Apple Acres to HuManehattan. Clouds will be on the increase across the Piedmont of HuManeHattan, while late date showers approach the mountains... As I contorted to the news reporter on TV, I examined the cabinets above the counter to acquire some herbs and spices for the omelettes, while pieces of bacon strips were being slowly cooked on my flat skillet pan behind me. I usually season the bacon for some added extra flavor. Granny Smith may be very good at cooking pancakes, no doubt about it, but she could never top my fluffy bacon omelettes. The appetizing scent dispersed from the kitchen to the whole room, which led to a sound of a door opening from Pinkie and Lyra's bedroom. Lyra appeared from the door. She wore a rather, large graphic t-shirt that extended just right above her knees which had a saying, Pretty for a Big Girl. She rubbed her eyes as she approached to sit the opposite of me on the counter-table, followed by a stretch.

"Morning." Lyra initiated in a pleasant, low voice.

"Morning.." As I began cracking the eggs into a large bowl.

I can see Lyra's dull grin, with her eyeballs scanning up and down from my peripheral vision. She replied in the same tone, "How ya' feelin'?"

"Well... Weekend has come and gone... It's Monday..." I remarked in a vaguely manner.

I knew what Lyra was trying to get at, but right now it's not the right moment to discuss about what happened last night. I just want to start off a new day without encountering any forms of drama. I already get enough from my patients at work.

I started mixing the eggs in the bowl, while gradually pouring a cup of buttermilk, "Every time you wear that shirt, it put's a smile to my face. I love it."

"Well... Glad I made you smile.."

As I completely incorporated the eggs and the buttermilk, I turned around to the second warm, buttered skillet to pour the whisked eggs. Lyra stood up from her stool, and headed towards the bathroom while she continued with words, "I better use the bathroom before Pinkie beats me to it..."

I shook my head and let out a sly grin as continuing cooking the food on the skillet.

The bedroom door, from where Lyra came, carelessly opened much wider, which Pinkie appeared all attired on her work clothing; Normal graphic t-shirt, a red-pleated skirt, and flip flops that showed her cute pink-glittered toenails. She pulled out a random lipstick from her purse, and nimbly began applying lipstick in front of the wall-mirror.

I turned to Pinkie's direction, "Wow... You're pretty early..." I lowered the heat on both of my skillets, and looked at her with both hands placed on my hips, "You didn't even brush your teeth..."

Pinkie gave me a silent treatment, but I continued with words, "How about breakfast? We're having omelettes."

Pinkie still continued embellishing herself on the mirror-reflection.

"Ok?..." I approached near her as she was still in the middle of gussying up. I gently held her chin, turning her head to face me, "What... You're not going to talk to me?" Pinkie showed an indignant expression, she pulled her own head away, and began to comb her hair.

I folded my arms and lowered my eyebrows, "I'm not letting you leave until you grab a little bite or something... I really mean it, Pinkamena Pie." I said with an increasing tone.

Pinkie rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh, and side-stepped away from her post from the wall-mirror, and me, towards the counter-table to grab two pieces of toasts from the plate. Right before she rushed out the door, in my loud tone, "I hope you brought a toothbrush with you!" She shut the door on her way out without a word of response. I brought a palm to my face, and muttered to myself sarcastically, "...I frickin' love it when she gets like this..." Between us three girls, I find Pinkie and I always stupidly quarreled over little things, and I can't quite grasp why. Lyra, on the other hand, can be a problem-child too. No matter how much I tried advising her on choices, It just goes in one ear and out the other. But I wouldn't have it any other way, I love them both so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GUSTAVE LE GRAND'S STEAKHOUSE - 12:02 PM, SAME DAY


It's the lunch hour rush, impatient customers sat and stood outside to wait when a vacant table is finally available, even with reservations. Some waited up to forty-five minutes to be seated. Gustave Le Grand's Steakhouse is an expensive restaurant, at the same time almost impossible to place a reservation as it's always full. Customers must at least reserve a table a week in advance, which I thought was ridiculous. With that amount of time, I've already enjoyed a couple of meals from Mulia Mild's Pizzeria. So much for quality over quantity. If one was able to get a table with no reservation, he or she must either be a famous actor or a singer like Sapphire Shores, which she dines at the steakhouse from time to time. People rallied about the steak, hell I can cook steak at home just about the same quality, and on top of that, I'd make mine with extra love.

Two men were lucky to be seated at the table of the restaurant. They were neither rich or famous.

"I would like to thank you for meeting with me here today, lets order first, then lets get down to the needy greedy." Trenderhoof initiated.

"... I hate fillers, just give me the details of what I need to know." Tirek replied with a deep voice.

The waiter approached by their table and placed two wine glasses of cold water on their sides of the tabletop, "Good day sirs, my name is Savoir Fare, I'll be serving you today, may I start you guys off something to drink?"

Trenderhoof looked up at the waiter with a grin, "Yeah bro, give us two wine glasses of your best Cabernet for me and my pal here, and we're ready to order."

The waiter rummaged through his apron pocket, which unveiled an electronic note device that came with a stylus, and started writing the orders, "Ok... And what can I get you guys.."

"Me and my friend here will get the rib-eye steak, medium-rare." As Trenderhoof quickly handing over his menu to the waiter, while he was still concluding the orders in his note device. The waiter then kindly accepted the menu from Trenderhoof, then Tirek's.

"Alright guys, you're order will be right up." The waiter let out a professional smile with a single nod, and turned around to the kitchen to place the orders for the chef to prepare.

Tirek sat with hands folded, twiddling his thumbs with a bitter look on his face, waiting for Trenderhoof to speak.

"First of all, I'd like to say how incredible that was when you swung a punch...."

"I said I hate fillers, Mr. Trenderhoof..." Tirek interrupted.

"...Fine ok.. Well... You mentioned about magic, how it is of importance to you..."

"Yeah?... And?..."

"Well... I can help you..."

Tirek expressed in annoyance, "Brother... You have no place to run, I will break your neck right in this spot if this is some sort of a prank."

"..Not a prank, I promise.." As Trenderhoof yielded both his hands to him, and continued, "Ya see Tirek... You can never find magic in these girls anymore."

"Hmm?" Tirek, in a wolfish voice.

"Lemme try to make it short... These three girls you're trying to kill for their magic, they don't have it in them anymore. It all began with seven friends during their high school years. There names were Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Apple Jack, Flutter Shy, Pinkie Pie, and Sunset Shimmer. They blossomed a very powerful magic, which is called Magic of Friendship. Thirteen years later, which is the present day, they lost their touch due to Sunset's curse. How did she get the curse? Well... She stole Twilight's crown from another world known as Equestria, not realizing that bringing it to this human world will generate the curse within her."

"Equestria?" Tirek in a questioned mind.

"Ya see Tirek... I am not from this world... I am from the world of Equestria... I came here because I wanted a change of scenery."

"What's your purpose of this whole situation? Why are you helping me?"

"...Sunset and I have a history... Lets just leave it at that." The waiter placed their order of wines on their sides of the table.

"I don't believe you..." Tirek carelessly ascended from his seat for an attempt of his exit, but paused as Trenderhoof tossed a nine by twelve brown clasped envelope on the center-table.

He gazed at the envelope, then to Trenderhoof, "What is this..."

"Just open it."

Tirek sat back down, recklessly unclasping the envelope, and pulled out a paper-clipped of old, rumpled-ripped pages that appeared to be from the book of the curse. Tirek skimmed through the first page.

"These are important pages that I have ripped out from a very old book in Equestria." Trenderhoof reinitialized, "There are ingredients listed in one of those pages to create a memory spell... We have those ingredients in this world.." Trenderhoof took a sip of his wine.

"Wouldn't it be easier to bring the ingredients from your world, Equestria?"

"Unfortunately, it can't be done.. Unless it's a book, anything I bring to this world from Equestria, will be distorted into different objects. For example, if I brought a simple currency from Equestria, known as bits, that form of currency would automatically shape shift to this world of currency, as what you call dollar bills. You understand?"

"...Yeah... But how is this memory spell going to help me?" As Tirek turned to look on the second ripped page.

"... The pages contained instructions on how to perform this dangerous ritual. The memory spell is not only used for what it's known for, but it's also a universal spell that can be used in any ways you can ever imagine." Trenderhoof, with a mischievous smile, and continued with words, "Do you now like what you hear?"

Tirek let out an evil smile, tucking the ripped pages back into the envelope, and hid it in his, rather big pocket.

"Sorry for the wait guys, here are your steaks." The waiter casually placed both of their plates of juicy steaks in front of them, "Enjoy." The waiter turned around, and advanced to a different table to take their orders.

"Now you'll get to enjoy your steak much more after hearing my story, ain't that right, Mr. Tirek..." Trenderhoof continued with his mischievous grin. He grabbed his set of silverware, and began cutting a piece of the steak, then coaxed it with his fork and ate it.

Tirek, in a low wolfish voice, "...Yes.... I will soon rule over this world..." Tirek refused to use his silverware; However, grabbed the steak with his hand, and began wolfing it down in seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUNSET'S APARTMENT - 4:56 PM, SAME DAY


It was a long, hard day at work, as usual on a Monday. I unlocked my apartment, entered with a handful of groceries for tonight's dinner. As shutting the door behind me while switching the lights on, I nonchalantly placed the bags of groceries on the counter-top. I casually grabbed the TV remote that was hidden behind an envelope holder on the edge of the counter-table, and turned on to a Netflix app that's still actively running. I noticed under the continue-watching tab, was a kids' show called My Little Pony. Lyra loves the show and had always caught her watching it almost all the time. I went ahead and tuned to one of my favorite shows, Supernatural. For the mean time, while the show is playing, I turned to the kitchen to remove the groceries from the bags, and placing them on the cabinet and the fridge. I'm going to be making chicken and stuffing casserole for dinner, with Pinkie's favorite dessert, Crème brûlée. The girls don't come home until around six, it's perfect because by the time I am finished making dinner, it would be freshly served around that time.




Cell Phone Rings




I stopped in the middle from placing a couple of cans of evaporated milk and canned string beans in the cabinets, then approached my big purse placed on top of the nearest sofa, hastily unzipped my bag to pull out my phone. It was an unknown caller.

"Hello?"

There was no response, but I can vaguely hear an ambient background on the other side of the phone. A pleasant male voice finally delayed a response, with a sardonic tone, "Hey Sunset."

"Oh.. Hey Braeburn, what's up?.." With my worried tone.

Braeburn continued with the same tone, "It's Granny Smith..."

"What happened?"

"She had a heart attack, and she's taken to the ER..."

"Wh...What?! Which ER did she go to?"

"Sweet Apples Emergency Room..."

"Braeburn, I'll be on my way, and I'm going to let the girls know."

"Ok..."

"Ok, bye, see you soon."

I hung up the phone after hearing the appalling news from Braeburn. I couldn't believe it. Last I saw Granny Smith for a doctor's follow-up visit, her vitals were outstanding. I guess stuff happens when you least expect it, but that's just way over the line. I texted both Lyra and Pinkie to meet up at Sweet Apples ER due to Granny Smith's condition. I hastily grabbed my purse and keys, and zoomed out of my apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SWEET APPLES EMERGENCY ROOM, SWEET APPLE ACRES BOULEVARD - 5:55 PM, SAME DAY



I stormed in through the revolving doors, ran to the front desk which appeared three women receptionists with computers in front of them. I approached to one of the receptionists, and hustled in words of assertiveness, "I'm here to see Granny Smith right now."

The nervous receptionist responded to me with stuttered words, "Ummm, I'm sorry ma'am, visitors for that patient are not allowed in yet for the next twenty minutes.." The receptionist unveiled a clipboard with a form, "But if you can just write your name and the time you ran in here, we will call you." The receptionist followed by a nervous grin.

I took the consideration of signing my name. As I finished, I hugged myself to the coldness of this place, then walked towards the waiting room through the glass doors on my right. People scattered through the large seating area. I inspected the area for a better seat and noticing one person who I have not seen for the longest time. She sat with her legs crossed, still wore the same hat that is slightly covering her doleful expression. I casually, but nervously, took the time to approach, and let out a shivering sigh.

"Apple Jack?"

She slowly looked up at me, with her moistened face. Her expression remained unchanged. I would've never thought of meeting up with Apple Jack again in a place like this. I wasn't quite sure if my curse has something to do with all this, but I do like to think that my faith works in strange ways when I least expect it. Who knows, my meeting with Apple Jack, through all these years, may be a sign of something, something that I will soon find out at the end of a long road to my prosperity.