• Published 2nd Mar 2016
  • 497 Views, 4 Comments

A night to remember - BlackLight2015



Black Light and Thunderlane have been dating a little over a year. Black Light thinks she's ready to settle down with Thunderlane, I guess we'll see what happens with the couple

  • ...
7
 4
 497

The blessing of life: weeks 1-4

I sighed as I sat up; Thunderlane was just getting ready to leave for his Wonderbolts Training. I kissed him goodbye as he flew out the window, I got up and stretched. I started to make my bed; I fluffed up the pillows and headed into the bathroom. I went pee quick and decided to take a quick shower; I stepped into the shower and let the hot water cascade down my slender body. I sighed as my muscles started to relax; I put my favorite lemon shampoo in my hair and rinsed it out. I put my conditioner on and began to wash my body with my oatmeal body wash. I smiled to myself as I turned off the shower and started to dry myself off, I brushed my mane and tail out and made my way downstairs. I turned my coffee pot on and found my favorite coffee mug; I looked outside, and the sun was not yet rising. I poured myself a cup of my hazelnut coffee and sipped at the hot liquid; I sat in silence for a while and put my coffee mug in the sink. The sun was finally starting to rise; I smiled to myself as I went outside and sat on the tree swing. There was a nice warm spring breeze this morning, and it smelled of my flowers, I watched the sun rise with a huge smile on my face. I hopped off the swing and started watering my garden and making sure everything was growing well, I laughed to myself as I checked out my Koi pond. I walked around the front and watered my roses, and I waved at my friends here, and there as they walked. I saw Big Mac making his way towards my house; I was excited to have a fence. "Good morning Big Mac," I chirped.

"Good morning, Miss BlackLight," he said. I just smiled up at him.

"Please, Big Mac just calls me Blackie," I said. He nodded ever so slightly.

"So where all do you want the fence?" he asked.

"Well, I was thinking all around my house that way, we have a front and a backyard," I said.

"Alright, I'll get started,” he finished. I nodded and made my way into my house. I decided to make myself some breakfast; I ended up making an orange and strawberry salad with some cinnamon toast. I munched on my food happily as I watched Big Mac work on the fence; I cleaned up my dishes and left them on the counter to dry. I let out a yawn and decided to go upstairs and take a nap; I snuggled with all of my pillows and dozed off to sleep. I woke up a few hours later; I looked outside to see Big Mac still working on the fence. I walked down to the kitchen and made myself some lunch, which was some toast, KimChi curry, and a nice salad. I ate my lunch while looking outside; it was almost time to go outside and feed my Koi fish. I grabbed the fish food and made my way outside; I sprinkled the food into the water and smiled as my fish ate. I sat by my pond and gazed at my fish; it was a beautiful warm sunny day. I smiled and waved at Rainbow Dash as she flew by; she fluttered down and sat by me.

"So building a fence around your house? Why?" she asked curiously.

"Well Thunderlane and I are planning to have little foals of our someday," I said smiling.

"Oh my gosh, that's the best news ever" Rainbow Dash beamed. I only nodded.

"It is I'm hoping to go to the Doctor's in a few months to see if I'm pregnant or not" I finished. Rainbow Dash hugged me hard and smiled at me. I waved goodbye to her as she flew away, I was looking forward to being pregnant. If my mom can be a single mother of two foals then I know I can do it, I smiled to myself as I walked into the house. I decided to get lost in one of my books for a while; I sat in my big chair with all the fluffy pillows. I used my unicorn magic to pour myself a glass of pineapple juice. When I read my books, I never notice how lost I tend to get, it was already getting dark. I wandered outside to see that Big Mac had already left; he left a note saying he would finish the fence tomorrow and make a beautiful gate for the front yard. I smiled to myself as I watched the fireflies flutter around my yard; I honestly couldn't wait to have my little foals.

Time Skip: 3 weeks later

I cringed as I felt a pain in my lower abdominal area, I sighed and decided it was time to go to the doctor and get myself a pregnancy test. Thunderlane comes home in a week, and I was looking forward to telling him some good news when he got back. I left my house and made my way to the hospital, I let the lady at the front desk know what I was here for and sat down in the waiting area. I started reading a magazine when I heard my name called by Nurse Red Hart; I smiled at her as I followed her to a room. She took my weight, blood pressure, temperature.

"What brings you here today Blacklight?" she smiled.

"Well, I'm here to take a pregnancy test," I said, smiling back at her. She nodded to herself and jotted down a few notes here and there and smiled at me again,

"Well, Doctor Whooves will be with you in just a moment, then" she finished. I laid down and waited for the doctor. After a few minutes I heard a faint knocking at the door, a stallion walked into the room, he smiled at me and put his notes down. "Hello Miss BlackLight I'm Dr. Whooves, and I see you want a pregnancy test done?" he asked. I just nodded in response. "Okay, well I'm going to do some blood work, and will find out if you're going to be a mother" he smiled. I let him get everything set up, and he took a little vile of blood. I was excited to see if I was pregnant or not, he sent my blood to the lab for them to test. "Okay, Miss BlackLight we'll call you with the results,” he finished, I nodded and left the hospital, I walked back to my house and made myself some lunch. I munched on my honey and peppermint salad as I watched some birds flying around outside, I loved the new yard and the beautiful gate Big Mac made for me. I put my dishes in the sink and cleaned up the kitchen, I wandered into the living room and started reading my book it said week 3 I should start taking prenatal pills for the baby. It also said that I would be having abdominal pain and or stomach pain, I decided to go down to one of the stores and by some pills and some natural peppermint, tummy drops for my stomach. I came home with my pills and stomach drops, and I decided to start a fire and relax in my chair with a bunch of pillows, I poured myself a glass of pineapple juice and rested for a while, after a couple of hours the sun was starting to set. I walked outside and watched the sunset. I walked back inside and sighed to myself.

"I do this to myself every time, I always wait til late to eat dinner," I said to myself. I made myself a quick dinner which consisted of grilled cheese sandwiches and grilled leeks; I ate my dinner slowly while looking at my beautiful backyard. I finished my dinner and put the dishes in the sink, and I smiled to myself as I walked up to my bedroom. I snuggled under my blanket and pillows and fell fast asleep.

I awoke to birds chirping. Happily, I sat up and got out of bed. I made my bed quickly and brushed my mane and tail out; I walked downstairs and made myself some breakfast. I ate my oatmeal and went outside to water my garden and roses; after I had finished, I sat on the tree swing for a while. I waved at Fluttershy, she landed and sat next to me on the tree swing.

"So is there any news yet on your pregnancy?" she asked.

"Nothing yet, but I have a feeling that I'm pregnant" I smiled to myself.

"How do you know?" she asked. I looked at her with my sparkling pink eyes.

"I just do," I said rubbing my belly slightly. Fluttershy smiled at me.

"That's what all mothers say, they just know" she finished. I nodded my hair falling into my face a little.

"Do you want to stay for a while Fluttershy?" I asked, she smiled at me and nodded.

"Oh, of course, I'll stay for a while, I always seem to enjoy myself here," she chirped. We got off of the tree swung and sat down by the Koi pond; we dangled our feet into the cool water. A warm breeze fluttered along, ruffling our hair.

"I can't wait till Thunderlane comes home," I said mainly to myself. Fluttershy nodded.

"How long now?" she asked.

"6 days, " I said, smiling.

"I bet you've been lonely," she said. I nodded yes.

"I have, and I just get lost in my stories and never come visit you guys. I should do that more often" I said. Fluttershy smiled.

"You should the girls miss you," she said. I stood up, and we walked into my house, I made some herb tea for us, and we sat and talked for a while longer. After a few hours of talking I waved goodbye to Fluttershy, I made myself a late lunch which was vegetable soup. I finally did the dishes and let them dry, I cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floors. I smiled at my now clean kitchen and decided it was time for a nap; I snuggled into bed and dozed off to the sounds of nature. I woke up a few hours later to some knocking on my door. I walked down the stairs and opened the door to see Applejack, I smiled at her as I stepped to the side to let her in.

"Howdy sugar cube how ya been?" Aj asked.

"Good just been so tired lately" I answered. Aj nodded slightly.

"Well, maybe you just need to come out more,” Aj smiled.

"Maybe I do need to come out more" I finished.

"Well, you should come over to Twilights later tomorrow,” she said smiling.

"Sure, I'll see you guys tomorrow,” I said as I waved goodbye to AJ.

Time Skip: 6 days.

I woke up to the phone ringing; I ran downstairs and answered it. "Hello, this is Blacklight," I said sleepily.

"Oh, hello Miss Blacklight I hope I didn't wake you up." Doctor Whooves said cheerfully into the phone.

"Hello Doctor, do you have an answer for my pregnancy test?" I asked.

"I do; indeed, you are now four weeks pregnant. Congratulations" Doc cheered.

"Oh my god this is the best news, thank you, Doctor,” I said as I hung up the phone.

I smiled to myself as I waited for Thunderlane to come home, I was going to tell him the fantastic news; I was now four weeks pregnant with a filly or a colt. I had a new idea with what to do with the old living room; we could have Big Mac make it into two new bedrooms. I smiled to myself as I jotted that down, and had it mailed to Sweet Apple Acres. I made a list of things I wanted to get for the backyard as well, after making my list I put it up on the board. I made myself some green tea and sat outside and sipped at the cold liquid; I fed my Koi fish while I was out and about. I was proud of myself for being able to buy such a lovely house, and it was going to have two little foals, Thunderlane and I. I waved at Rainbow Dash as she flew by; I wondered over to my garden and picked some potatoes, tomatoes, corn, and grapes. I brought my food inside, washed it off and put them in the fridge; I looked at the rest of my garden. Nothing else was growing yet; I shrugged my shoulders and walked back inside. I decided to bake one of my potatoes for lunch; I sat at the island as I waited for it to finish cooking. I didn't know how Thunderlane did it, how he was so patient when it came to food. I poured myself some juice; I took my prenatal pill. It always made me feel like I was going to gag, but it was right for my little one and me. "Blah I hate it,” I said to myself as I put my glass on the counter, I took my potato out of the oven and started to put all the toppings on it like butter, salt, bacon, sour cream, and chives. "This is the one thing I can cook," I said to myself smiling. I ate my lunch and savored it; I always loved potatoes. I put my dishes in the sink and sat in the living room waiting for Thunderlane. A few hours later Thunderlane walked through the front door. I ran to him and hugged him tightly; I nuzzled into his chest as his feathered wings wrapped around me.

"Man baby did you miss me that much?" he asked. I just nodded,

"I did, and I have some great news for you,” I said happily

"What is it?" he asked.

"I'm four weeks pregnant" I smiled.