• Published 7th Feb 2016
  • 377 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 12 -- Sweep of Time - shysage



Shysage and I have been through a lot. And wherever we were, we tried to bring true friendship. But I don't think any of this co

  • ...
 0
 377

Chapter 18, Grim Prospects

I remember seeing this. Whether in a dream or not I cannot tell.

My view started at a 50 foot high angle view and showed a mostly clear expanse of the endless cloud-bank that is Cloudsdale.

Zooming in, my view homed in on a very young, light yellow pegasus with pink hair named Fluttershy. As my view got closer, it was clear she was very upset, and may have been crying. Fluttershy was just sitting there, frowning, staring down.

After about a minute, an older, but also young pony walked up. This was Fluttershy's older sister Summer Rain, with a light tan coat, blue eyes, and faded gold mane and tail.

As Summer moved closer to her sister, Fluttershy looked up, her face still etched with pain. Summer Rain walked slowly up to her sad sister, and sat down. Summer pulled some sort of object from her bag, placed it carefully on the cloud-top in front of Fluttershy. Next, Summer carefully pulled away the top and sides of the object to reveal a large yellow butterfly. Fluttershy's eyes grew instantly huge, and she stared at it with wonder while her mouth opened wide in amazement.

The butterfly slowly opened and closed its paper thin wings a few times then abruptly flew up into the air.

Fluttershy and her sister then squealed with delight as they darted around trying to hover as close to it as they could, laughing and darting and yelling and laughing some more. After about 10 minutes of this, the butterfly dove over the edge of Cloudsdale, and fluttered back to it's home below. Both ponies sat down at the edge trying to catch their breath, as the butterfly faded into the distance below.


Even before the chase was over, all color drained from my view and then it grew very dim. I next got the impression that I was moving very quickly straight away from the two girls, as they shrank smaller and smaller until they could no longer be seen. At this, it appeared that I passed under a large, dark 'arch-way' of some sort, and then the view faded to pitch black.

A very low faint rumbling became barely audible at this point.

...

1 minute...

...

5 minutes... The low rumbling was slowly fading away...

...

10 minutes...

...

I waited...

...

Without warning, I jolted quickly up in bed, and sat, breathing rapidly...

"Summer, no... Your amazing story absolutely can't be over yet!" I am pretty sure I yelled this. Of course, no answer came. I started crying, quietly, hoping to wake nobody else around me...

I soon fell back to sleep... Hours...

Without warning, a hideous roar, followed by the midnight vision of a huge, orange, glowing, angry dog like monster with two heads, twice as tall as the nearby trees... His roar sent chills... But he roared as if having been slain, then he knelt down on his two front legs, tensed his whole body, then exploded, sending shards of red-hot rock like bullets in all directions... I quickly noticed two insignificant, light colored ponies, running quickly away with all their might... Blackness returned, and I realized I might never know... But as if on cue, the following letters came slowly across my field of view, out of the blackness... The letters were white with brilliant gold trim, and were only visible near the center of my field of view, then trailed away as they passed... "CSR Princess"

I woke with a start... What did this even mean... It was a while before I could even lay down again... But I did finally fall back asleep...

Blasting into my slumber... A huge pony hoof, crashing down hard on... a... pearl white Unicorn's horn, breaking most of it cleanly away... A scream shattered the darkness as a... person... a young woman... head forced harshly down on a black marble slab, cried out in agony as the deed was done... How could one survive pain so great?

A vile voice of absolute wickedness...

"Death is too good for you..."

The hoof still standing on the broken... The hoof was picked up and simply waved, as the broken horn rolled slowly away...

"Abandonment... YES!" then "BEGONE!"

As I watched in horror, two maybe three small somethings spun mercilessly away into the blackness at vastly different angles and speeds...

Gliding slowly in from the right... Disappearing into the blackness off to the left... "CSR Maude"

I woke up crying... I was afraid to even try to go back to sleep...