• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 9,123 Views, 54 Comments

You're My Mommy No Matter What - Arian Blaze



Even through our roughest moments and our biggest fights, I will always come running back to you, Mommy.

  • ...
16
 54
 9,123

Mom

"Listen, Spike," Twilight Sparkle bellowed from within her castle, "you live under my roof, you listen to me!" She glared over at the baby purple dragon, her eyes narrow, wings outstretched, like a mad butcher about to cut its meat.

"And here we go again! You say this everytime!" Spike shouted and gritted his teeth. He and Twilight had been arguing all morning and all the way through to evening. Twilight had said how he never helped around the castle. He apparently always had his nose deep in a comic, or making somepony laugh by doing something random; he wasn't Pinkie Pie!

Spike knew damn well that he worked hard. He always helped others before helping himself, because that's what a loyal dragon is supposed to do; he may have been even more loyal than Rainbow Dash. It annoyed him to the bitter core when Twilight would rant about him making a mess, which he would clean up, or not paying attention to her when guests came over to visit. Celestia, what he would give to live by himself. He tried doing it once, the one who raised him just let him leave, without so much as a goodbye.

"Twilight, I do so much for you," Spike continued, his voice softening a little, "the least you could do for me is show some respect. Yeah, I mean, sure, you're the one who owns this castle, but you make me work my scales off to clean up your mess! I want it to stop!" His calmness was short lived when his anger came back with fire. "You treat me like a slave, nothing like a friend, or a child that I am! If you really loved me, you'd stop throwing all of this hard labour onto my back!"

The Princess of Friendship took a step back, her eyes dilated and softened for a moment. Her own child had just spoke to her, as if she were but dirt on the bottom of his paw. Had she really been treating Spike like this...? She pondered to herself, No. No, she was right and Spike was wrong. He was probably just saying what he said to make her pity him.

Twilight shook her head and her mouth formed back into its snarl. Something deep inside her began to burn. Her blood started to boil as she rose her head. As she opened her mouth, a blasting noise came out; she was speaking in the Royal Canterlot Voice. "How dare you! I am your mother, I raised you from a hatchling! You have no right to speak to me like th-"

"You're not my mother and you never will be!" Spike screamed as his face become flooded with his own tears. "If you're just going to treat me this way, I guess I might as well leave. It seems like you don't want me here. Well guess what... I don't want to be here! I never want to see you or this cesspool of a castle again."

With that said, Spike turned around and ran down marble corridor as fast as his little feet could carry him. He wiped his red and green eyes as he continued running, a trail of tears following him. When he finally made it to the front door, he exited the castle, slamming the door behind him. An almighty noise echoed throughout the princess's castle, knocking Twilight back into reality. She gasped and looked down, a single tear rolling down her lavender cheek.

She bowed her head in shame and whispered softly, "Spike... I'm so sorry." Her wings drooped as she slowly walked to her chambers, her mind being paraded with guilt and regret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that evening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike was stumbling around the streets of Ponyville, his lips smothered in sprinkles and frosting. He had gone to Sugarcube Corner to clear his mind from what happened that day. It was plainly obvious that he wanted to forget about him and Twilight arguing as he had ordered three cups of black coffee and six doughnuts with extra sprinkles. It must have worked, as the purple dragon was giggling and was not keeping an eye on where he was going.

"Oof!" Spike grunted as he tripped on a step, his chin hitting the cold surface hard. He looked up and felt his eye's widen and his jaw gape open. It was Crystal Castle: Twilight was in there. He gulped as he imagined how furious she'd be when she got her hooves on him.

"I guess . . . now is better than never." He bit down on his lip and wiped his face clean before walking up the stairs. Dozens of thoughts ran through his mind, mainly things about what he said. He never meant it, any of it. Shaking the thought away, he slowly opened the castle door. The small dragon found himself shaking in fear as the creak of the door echoed down the corridor.

Spike was welcomed by a chilling feeling as he entered the building. All the lights were out; the only light that was provided was the beams being emitted from Princess Luna's moon. He held his claws tightly together, looking left and right, trying to find Twilight Sparkle. Mommy... he thought to himself as he kept walking, I'm sorry for what I said to you.

Eventually, Spike had made it to Twilight's chambers. He had never felt so nervous. Just behind those doors lay a sobbing mare that had done so much for him. She raised, fed him, clothed him, cleaned him... It was time for him to repay her the favour. Though what he had to say probably meant nothing to her, it was worth a shot.

With his heart in this throat, the baby dragon entered the bedroom, beads of sweat falling down his neck. "T-Twilight," He stammered as he quietly shut the door behind him. "I'm . . . I'm back." He walked over to the side of the bed, his eyes wide and almost already on the brink of crying.

The mare must have not heard him, as her sobbing seemed to continue. "Just go, Spike," Twilight said hoarsely. "You said it yourself, you didn't want to see me again." She buried her face back into the pillows and resumed her crying.

"No, no, Twilight," Spike said as he clambered onto the bed, the alicorn pulling the bed sheets over her head. "I do want to see you, I was just angry. I . . . I couldn't control myself and I'm sorry." He sniffled loudly as he tried to hold back his tears.

Twilight sat up and turned sharply towards him, face red and wet. "Oh, spare me your apologising. What you said was true. I'm not your mother, I never have been. Even if I were, I'd be a terrible one, which I am now."

"You're not, Mom, don't say that!" He gasped and covered his mouth. Did I just call her Mom...?

"What did you just call me?" Twilight asked, wiping her eyes with her wing.

"I . . . I called you mom. I called you mom because that's who you are. You're my mommy." He turned and faced away from Twilight, he then hung his legs over the bed as he sat down. "I never believed you to be one, even from a hatchling, but now I see that I was wrong."

"Spike, what are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying that you're my mother. You raised me, made me the dragon I am today, the one you see before you. I never saw this, I just took you for granted and that was foolish. I want you to know that all the fights we've had, they were almost never directed at you; even when they were, I should have never shouted at you." By now, tears were continuously falling down Spike's face.

"Oh, Spike!" Twilight picked up the crying baby dragon in an aura of purple magic and lay him down next to her, wrapping him in her wings. "Don't place the blame on yourself. It's my fault for always being too hard on you."

Spike shook his head in protest. "You weren't too hard on me--you were just telling me what to do and how to behave if I was naughty." He looked deep into her eyes and felt somewhat comforted, like all of his troubles would disappear. "I guess we're both in the wrong, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess, but I still feel awf-"

"Please, don't be like that, Twilight," Spike said, cutting her off. "Sure, we'll argue a lot, and there's probably a chance that we'll still argue in the future. You can't feel awful if we both know that it's going to happen again one day. It doesn't matter if we argue as mother and child, or Twilight and Spike; what does matter is that we should stop it as much as we can."

Twilight tightened her grasp around Spike and shut her eyes. "You're right, Spike, you're right. And I want you to know that I'll love you no matter happens to us." She smiled and kissed her child on the forehead softly.

"And I'll love you too, you're my Mommy no matter what, Twilight." Spike hugged his mother tightly, his crying subsiding. "I'm just sorry we argue so much."

"Me too, but let's just forgive and forget, okay?" Spike nodded and Twilight felt her happiness come back, it was if it had a disappeared for a hundred moons. "Good," she continued, resting her chin on Spike's head, "I love you, Spike."

"I love you too, Mommy." Spike nestled into his mother's fur. Both smiling and sighing, holding one another in each others embrace. Though different in blood, both knew that they were family at heart.

~The End

Author's Note:

This is to all of the Mums, Dads, Brothers and Sisters out there. Family can be difficult, sometimes you want to be near them every second, other times you want to be miles away from them. But no matter how far you are apart, you always be together at heart. I had no intentions of making that rhyme. :pinkiecrazy:

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this little fic. It would really mean a lot to me if you liked, faved and commented on this (well it's your choice, guys). Anyways, as always, you're all amazing and I love each and every one of you. :heart::rainbowkiss::heart:

~Arian Blaze, out. :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 53 )

Sho much fluff.:rainbowkiss::pinkiesad2: SOMEBODY CANONIZE THIS!!!:flutterrage:

Right in the feels.

It's a very beautiful little story. Well done!

6914916 Awwh, thank you, Vital! :rainbowkiss:

6914965 Great story just.....heart-wrenching.

6914990 Yes. Ht me right in the feels. I always saw Twilight and Spike's relationship more of mother-and-son than brother-and-sister.

6914997 I'm just hoping that one day the show will make it canon that Twilight is Spike's mother. She hatched him out of his egg for crying out loud!!! Plus I'm pretty sure that she was the first pony that Spike ever saw, so he must have imprinted onto her.

6915002 Oh my Celestia, I would love that to be canon!

6915036 I doubt it'll happen, but a man can dream.

6915038 A girl can too. :derpytongue2:

6914680 Yesh, they should! :flutterrage::rainbowkiss:

6914851 The link you sent me doesn't seem to work on my phone or laptop...

6915434 Odd, it works fine on my laptop. FWIW, it's a link to "My Best Girl" from Mame.

6915468 I'll have a listen to it later.

I like it. I always thought that a mother doesn't have to be bonded to her children by blood. If she raised them like how she would if they were her flesh and blood, then I think it would be the case that she would be their mother. It's a bit of a complicated case, obviously, with the species difference and the fact that they aren't related by blood, but I think that this story handled it quite well.

I didn't spot any obvious errors or typos so I believe that the people who you sent to proofread it too did a great job on that.

I felt a few tears coming on but it didn't roll down my face. I do like it, though. Great work!

I... I really, really, wanted to like this. Well actually let me rephrase. I really wanted to love this story, but I can't bring myself to.

The beginning argument didn't make sense Spike even addressed that her getting on his case had no real backing. Though I suppose that may have been the intention, an argument between mother and child with the parent having nothing but frustration to make their argument. Aside from that the parts where Spike left seemed way too short and simple, and without a realistic amount of time for Spike to cool down.
It just seemed a little skimmed over. Leaving not much showing in this and too much telling.
Also the interaction between Spike and Twilight post-fight felt, for lack of a better word, forced. You made it seem in the story that similar fights had happened before, just having not ended as explosive, yet Spike seemed to have some weird sort of epiphany and called Twilight mom for no reason other than that's what the story was about.

To sum it up, you didn't give enough detail it background for there to really an emotional root to be taken and build off into a realistic climax. It just seemed flat. Like I knew what was going to be said from the first paragraph.

Now understand that I'm not trying to be a dick here or say that anything I'm saying is unbreakable fact, because it's not, it's just my opinion. And I still like this story, I like it but I don't love it. And after I had read all the comments I really wanted to love it because this theme isn't gone about often and when it is it's always done in a weird out of character way.

I agree with 6917077, there's potential here that isn't realized. My suggestion would be to take a hard look at the dialogue, because both twilight and spike don't sound like they do in the show, and that helps break the immersion.

6917114 Wait wait wait. Someone agrees with me? I'm not a complete asshole? YAY!:yay:

I really wish this relationship would be explored in the show more. I don't like having to turn to fanfics to get an interpretation of what their relationship is like. Regardless, I liked this story, as I myself have always seen Twilight as being something of a surrogate mother to Spike, which, again, is something that I would like to see explored in the show itself. But, anyway, have a like and a favorite. Hope that makes your day. :pinkiehappy:

6917141 Agreed.


Wait. I know you. :rainbowdetermined2:

6917173 You do? Really?

6917114 The show? Are all stories suppose to sound like the show?

6917179 Yeah you wrote that story that was all :raritydespair:, but then got all:raritywink:, but then you decided to be all:trollestia: and :duck:. And then she died.

6917189 The characters are supposed to sound something like they do in the show.

Imagine a fic with this convo.

:fluttershyouch: Hey Rarity, what's happening
:raritywink: not much, I'm just hanging out, like I do

Applejack walks into the spa and orders a hooficure.

:ajsmug: Hey girls, is anything going on this evening?

The whole point of fan fiction using canon characters is to tell a story about the ponies we know, and if you change their speech patterns and reactions then you change who they are as characters.

6917189 I noticed that especially in Spike's speech at the end. He sounded way more mature and articulate then he should.

6918072 Yeah, because that's how I want him; I always pictured Spike being more mature than what he looks. My intentions were to do it my own way. Writing a story from your favourite show doesn't have to be copied to every last word. All stories can be as different as writer makes them.

How I wrote Twilight and Spike, is how I see them. I write them this way because it my way of letting out my feelings. Everything I wrote here is just something that has happened to me, but these words are coming out of another characters mouth. I apologise if the characters weren't what you expected, I was only hoping to give them both a little dash of me.

6918113
And that's how it should be, as I said in my blog a few weeks ago

Anything goes!

6919261 Yay! Somepony agrees with me! :pinkiehappy:

Great story!!! Keep up the good work(s)!!!

Aww... such a sad story, but I'm glad it ended with something uplifting. :yay:

This was a very enjoyable story! Well done! I did think it was a little short and perhaps rushed because of this but it got the message across and let's face it, this is bound to happen between these two! Twilight can be so bossy :twilightangry2:. Keep up the good work! :pinkiehappy:

This SAS a god story and heartbreaking bur i im glad that It become a happy story

7053184 OMG I HATE THE AUTO SPELLING MECHANIC SO MUCH (sorry for the speling mistek its supsde say was insted of SAS)

7053184 Awwh, I'm glad you like it.

Daww or so true . Just wish we got more mommy and spike time

Say it with me now... D'AWWWW!

Damn! Such feels!

Comment posted by Silence Keeper deleted May 26th, 2016

Loved this story. It made me tear up (manly brony tears of course) :twilightsmile:

7273038 Glad you enjoyed it. :rainbowkiss:

Well... Congrats, you made me cry harder then I intended. I can see this happening in the show(minus the mid swearing). How I didn't catch this before is beyond me. This deserve a like and favourite. Wish I write this good( ^ω^)

8752983
It doesn't go as cleanly in season 8 sadly.

This was a rather interesting read. Truth be told, I didn't expect much at first. But, I found the more I read, the better the story got. You truly have a gift for writing! :pinkiehappy: Keep up the good work!

Login or register to comment