• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 3,669 Views, 18 Comments

Bond Of Sisters - MyLittleGeneration



Every day, Sonata gets bullied when leaving school. Every day. And it might never stop. Might. Not on Aria's watch.

  • ...
2
 18
 3,669

Back Off

Sonata walked alongside the sidewalk, keeping her head down. Her shadow extended as she walked, and the details of the sidewalk were very visible. She whistled herself a tune, but it was off, so she kept quiet. She lifted her head up a little more, then getting a better view of what's in front of her.

She noticed only two shadows ahead, both very memorable. She heard some boys talking, too. She shook her head and put her hood up. Walking forward, she hoped that they would ignore her. Hell, she'd rather be ignored by them than be adored.

But alas, she wasn't so lucky. As she passed the shadows, she heard a faint chuckle. "What do you think you're doing?"

She ignored the brash, deep voice. The man cleared his throat. "What do you think you're doing?" he asked again.

"Hey!" said another voice, this time higher and more annoying. A person grabbed Sonata's hoodie and took off her hood. Sonata yelped, and was spun to face them. "Sid was asking you a question!"

She looked away, almost crying. "What?" she said in a weak voice.

"What are you still doing here?" the man asked, now known as Sid. He had brown, curly hair, while his skin was a dark violet. "Don't you know we're sick and tired of ya?"

"B-But-"

"But nothing!" he interrupted. "You know, ever since Battle of the Bands ended, you and your sisters were laughing stocks!"

"But that was a year ago!" Sonata brought up. She was starting to cry. "W-We're different now! We've changed!"

"Uhuh." Sid said. "Who cares? What, you murder someone, serve your time, and come back like 'I'm the nicest person now'?"

"But I didn't kill anyone..." She shook, her lip quivering, soft sobs leaking from her mouth. "Why do you keep doing this to me?"

"Cause we don't want you here." he said in a serious tone. "We don't need anyone like you here. You pathetic idiot!" He grabbed her collar which used to have the siren gem, and pulled her close. "Got it?"

Her face was shown in the light, puffy eyes, stained cheeks from the tears, which were still making their way out, and the sheer look of fear. "Okay... *sniff* I'll go..."

"Finally." said the other man.

Sid let go of her. "Come back to Canterlot High one more time! I swear I'll take you out!" Sonata slowly got up to her feet. "Now, go take your siren crap elsewhere, cause nobody loves you." He chuckled as Sonata stepped back, about to run. "Not even your sisters..."

Sonata quickly ran away, sobbing. She tried to keep it low and not make a huge scene, but it was very hard to. And for the ninth time, she has been assaulted by Sid and his friend. For the ninth time, she has been told to screw off. For the ninth time... she has been bullied. And she really hated it.

She just wished it could just stop...


Aria sat on her bed, reading through a magazine. She read through a page featuring the latest rock bands, smiling. Though, her smile died down as she saw Sonata pass her room. As her door was open, she noticed Sonata's head down, her back hunched over, and the soft sniffles. She was concerned.

"Sonata?" Aria asked. Sonata didn't answer. "Sonata, are you alright?" Once again, no answer. "Sonata, is anything wrong?" she asked one more time. No answer.

She got up from her bed and walked over to Sonata. The blue siren stared at her own bedroom door, about to enter. "Sonata." Aria said, making her stop. "What's wrong?"

Sonata shook her head. "Nothing." she answered. She opened her door, entering the room. "Just let me be..."

"Come on, sister," she said. "I just wanna know what's-"

"Leave me alone!" she yelled with tears. She slammed the door shut in front of Aria, almost knocking the purple siren down. "I just want to be alone..."

Aria scratched her head. "What's been up with her, lately?" She looked to her right to see Sonata's backpack. She looked back at the door, then at the backpack. "Oh, I know I shouldn't, but something's up." She opened the backpack, seeing if anything was in there. "Gotta be something in here."

Then suddenly, she looked in the front pocket of the filled-to-the-max backpack. "Woah." she said as she saw a message on a blue sticky note.

What are you still doing here? Screw off, stupid bitch. You and your sisters. Or else...

-Sid Sickle

The punk shook her head. "Oh no..." After closing the backpack, she walked with the note in her pocket to her room. "Nobody hurts Sonata..." She looked at her mirror, which showed a picture of Sonata and Aria hugging at the beach long ago. "Why haven't you told me this?"


The next day, school happened again. Sonata walked along the sidewalk, finally done with school. She wore her hoodie, had her hair in her usual ponytail, and was looking straight down. She noticed two shadows ahead. And she had just the best feeling of who the shadows belonged to.

She walked past the shadows, and she heard a growl from the man next to her. "I see you haven't gotten the message clearly." the man said. "I, Sid Sickle, told you to screw off and never come back. And I wasn't setting it up to scare ya. I was setting up a damn threat. But if it seems that way..."

Sid grabbed her collar and forced her to face him. He was a little puzzled. Sonata was usually scared when he did that. But nonetheless, he was ready to make his threat stand out. "Don't tell me I warned ya."

He threw a large punch towards the head.

But she dodged.

"What the he- Oof!" In immediate reaction, a punch went right into his gut. His other friend gasped.

"Woah, step ba- Oh!" He got immediately got kicked in the shin, and he fell to the ground in pain.

"Bitch!" yelled Sod, reaching for the hood. He pulled it off, revealing Sonata's head. Her blue skin, her hair in the usual ponytail. "Why you- Ock!" He was punched hard in the neck, almost taking him out right there. He wheezed, but the siren raced up and kneed him in the face. Sid backed up, nose bleeding and eyes wide in surprise.

"Don't EVER... EVER threaten me again!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. "Got it?!"

Sid nodded furiously. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Please, don't hurt me anymore! You and your sisters are fine here! E-Everyone really does care for you, I-I was just-"

"Leave." she said strictly, making Sid get up and run away, along with his friend. Softly, the siren smiled and chuckled. She turned around, and walked away.

"You done good, Aria." she said to herself, smearing off her face full of blue paint. She went in an alleyway to take off her scrunchie, letting her painted hair loose. "You did good..."


"So, how was school when me and Dagi were out?" Sonata asked her sister as they walked together along the concrete path. "Matter of fact, why'd you even go to school? You usually liked to get away from it whenever Dagi brought up something."

"Oh, you know," Aria said. "Just wanted to catch up some things."

"Oh." said the blue siren. A minute of silence passed. "Say, thanks for tagging along with me on the way back to school." She looked forward only to see two figures: Sid and his friend.

"Oh crap!" said Sid's friend. The two of them scrammed immediately before Sonata could react in fear. Instead, fear was changed into confusion.

"Hey, those two were the people who threatened me." Sonata looked at Aria. "Why are they running away from me?"

"I dunno." Aria said, smirking. "Maybe cause they see Sonata's favorite sister."

Sonata giggled. "Aw, that's so nice of you." She reached out and gave Aria a hug, and while she usually hated these, she decided to give a hug back.

A minute passed. "I'm here for ya, sis."

"Oh!" the blue siren said. "Forgot to ask: why did you have a cans of hair paint? Even just blue face paint?"

Aria quickly shrugged. "Uh, just something I like to have around."

"Weird." The two sirens walked together. "Hey, Aria?"

"Yeah?"

"You'll never leave my side, right?" Her eyes got watery, but Aria wrapped an arm around her sister.

"Never." And after that, the sisters enjoyed the peaceful walk together. And soon, Sonata wasn't ever bullied anymore, which still got to her head on why that was. But she'd learn soon.

And it was all because of a sister.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this sweet, little fic! :twilightsmile: :scootangel:

Comments ( 16 )

Way to go, Aria. :yay:

This was sweet.
Have a like.

That's sweet, Aria. Glad to see you looking out for your young sister.

Well done for Aria.

Aww that was sweet nice job Aria and good job writing this gen.

Sweet and short, hits hard

I hopes thats how aria is next equestria girls caring for her sisters

I wish Aria was like this in the movie.

Good but I don't think Aria would seem THAT sympathetic at first. I'd figure she'd be more like "oh, God, what's she crying about?" then reluctantly decide to go check up on her.

Still good. : twilightsmile:

Awesome little fic! No one messes with aria!

It was short but damn was it cute.

10\10 :pinkiehappy:

OMG, that was AWESOME, Way to go and attack him aria blaze

This is cute. Good work!:pinkiehappy:

Aria is a bit too soft on Sonata here. There needed to be a few moments of tough love and a bit of neglect, with eventual thawing of the heart. Otherwise, very enjoyable.

Login or register to comment