• Published 16th Feb 2016
  • 1,126 Views, 5 Comments

Sealed Sight - fluttercord45



Newborn Foals are always ready to see the world,except for Screwloose takes a while to see the world.If she could ever see soon.

  • ...
2
 5
 1,126

Seeing the real world

Whenever a newborn foal comes into the world they slowly open their eyes to experience the strange new world around them. It’s different for newborn puppies; who are born with their eyes shut tight. Screwloose was a foal with a light cobalt, bluish gray man and light cerulean coat. Despite the body of a foal however, she lived in the perpetual darkness of a puppy.

The newborn ‘pup’ felt so helpless from not knowing what was going on in her surroundings. Sometimes she could felt something very warm against her but sometimes she felt so very cold she would cry until the warmth to back to her. She wasn’t sure what the warmth even was; only that it felt nice and made her feel safe. To be warm was the only light she had while blind to the world but at the same time it was still unnerving.

Though Screwloose had a warmth against her she began to growl; fearing that something might attack her. Whatever it was didn’t go away she began to cry out to attract anything that might help her. Something strange and smooth gently pressed against her mouth. The smooth object suddenly became familiar and she slowly gummed on it. Whatever it was it often came and gave her a sweet tasting liquid; the only food she knew. Screwloose kept nursing until there was nothing left. After she stopped getting fed by it, it withdrew from her mouth. The pup felt something rubbing her head and it somewhat felt good. She felt herself being lifted by the source of the warmth. This time it gentle and yet rough; sometimes it was this one and others it was a softer one. It would often frighten her at first but she always soon heard voices that made her feel safe.

“Screwloose..” said a rough mysterious voice.

The young pup lifted her head at the sound. She felt something soft gently against her neck slowly. It gently guided her into turning her head.

“Screwloose...please let me see.” The rough voice said.

Screwloose has no idea of what the voice meant. She tried to open her eyes so she could finally see what the warm thing was. She wanted to see what had loved her despite how helpless she was. All she saw was blackness. She couldn’t open her eyes.

“It’s okay” the rough voice said sadly. ”Someday...when you're ready.”

“I know she’ll see, I just know it.” A soft voice said shortly after the rough voice finished.

Whatever they were; they always sounded so sure that someday she would see something. She wondered what they wanted her to see. She wondered if she would ever see who was taking care of her.

The weeks flew by and Screwloose slowly grew. Her senses of scent and touch strengthened in sync with increased muscle movement. Screwloose began to crawl on her own despite not knowing where she was going but she would always stick with strange objects with soft and warmth. One day the young pup suddenly slipped and rolled around not feeling the warmth. She began to panic and whine as she crawled around looking for it. It didn’t return but she soon caught the scent of something sweet. The scent was clearly what she fed on; and where food was the warmth was always nearby.

She gathered her strength and began to crawl. All she had to do was follow the sweet scent and she would find warmth and food; and most importantly she would find security. As her senses told her she was getting close, one of the sources of warmth and safety picked her up. The distinct scent of one of the familiar gentle giants caught her attention as the source of the sweet scent drew near.

Screwloose placed her mouth of the strange, smooth and sweet thing. She slowly gummed at it to get the liquid to flow in her mouth. She slowly drank until there was nothing left and tried to open her eyes. Why was is so hard to see what it was? Why couldn’t she see why it tasted so sweet? Why couldn’t she see what was turning out to be a wonderful world?

Another week had gone by and her ability to crawl had improved. She had no idea where she was going most of the time but she still wanted to explore. Screwloose inched along and slowly became aware of where she was. Walls were discovered and she always got intercepted by one of the warm and soft guardians. She felt herself being lifted as she carefully reached with her hooves as if they were paws to feel what lifted her. She sniffed curiously the familiar notes of one of the gentle giants that gave her comfort and warmth.

Suddenly a gentle warm hoof slowly caresses her form as if to say ‘you are safe’.

It kinda felt nice feeling that gentle warm hoof caresses her form. She leaned into the caring touch. The strange hoof gently wrapped around her and held her close to the source of warmth. The now familiar body was soft to the touch. Screwloose recognized it as the one that most often fed her. She snuggled close to the source of soft warmth then gently sniffed it. The other provider was near. While the one who held her was simple the other was complex. It was a blend of several animals.

Screwloose slowly squirmed to move away from it but stopped as a large fluffy paw softly ruffled her mane. It carried the scent of the giant of many parts. Sometimes this one held her with a clawed hand. She curled up as all the sensations started to overwhelm her.

“It’s alright little one” a rough voice said.

Screwloose slowly tried to crawl out to the mysterious creature, reassured by its words. Just as it seemed she would crawl onto it a shift in her position caused her to for a moment feel like she would fall. Even though she was quickly secured in the tender hold of the first giant a bit of fear gripped her tiny heart and she softly whined.

“It’s okay Screwloose” A soft voice said as she was being cradled..”...your mother is here.”

She began to stop crying and lifted her head up as a gentle hoof brushed her mane. Her mother? She wonder what she looked like. Her mother must be lovely to be so caring. Whatever she was Screwloose liked her.

Screwloose slowly tried to open her eyes. As she slowly opened she was greeted by an almost blinding light. Everything was a blur but she kept them them open. The formless shapes were strange but she was determined to finally see what took care of her since she came into the world. Once it became clear she could see in front of her was a mare with long pink mane and yellow coat smiling at her. Beside her was a strange creature mixed strange parts. Clearly her nose was not mistaken earlier.

“Discord...her eyes” Fluttershy softly said.

“She finally opened them” Discord replied slowly as he rubbed her chin.

Out of instinct Screwloose began to wag her tail. She strange mix of different animals wasn’t as unsettling anymore now that she could see it.

“...Hey there…” Fluttershy spoke softly as she nuzzled her child. Screwloose nuzzled her back; soaking up the tender warmth of her mother.

A filly behind Discord slowly came out upon seeing Screwloose acting happier than usual.

“Can she...you know...see now?” The young filly asked.

Discord looked down at his firstborn and smiled as he ruffled her mane.

”Yes; she can finally see.” Discord answered happily “Yet she still acts like a puppy. I think we should let her have her moment and see if it passes. If not, we’ll love her either way.”

Screwloose slowly squirmed in Fluttershy forelegs. Screwball drew closer and took a moment to look over her tiny sibling.

“Can I...hold or touch her mom?”

“Just be careful...she’s still young.” Fluttershy softly replied as she slowly offered Screwloose over to her eldest daughter.

The young filly carefully held her close to to keep her secured. She then slowly booped her muzzle. Screwloose leaned bit forward and slowly licked the hoof as a show of returned love and deeply breathed a sweet scent from her.

The filly giggled. ”You're my little sister ‘Loose’.”

“I'm glad you like your little sister, Screwball.” Fluttershy softly spoke as she nuzzled her.

Screwloose breathed deep and soundly barked; but in her mind she spoke the name of her big sister.

Author's Note:

I know it's not much a head canon,but it's my thought.I Don't think of her as crazy Or being in a spell of Discord magic,but to me i see her like being her mother as understanding other Animals and Wanting to be one.I like screwloose Trying to be normal while being like a dog.:twilightblush:

Comments ( 5 )

Awwwww!! This was very cute!!

I realized it was those two (Not saying names due to spoilers being spoilers.) moments before I got to the part where it said who they were. Wonderful story and, as others have said, very cute! :rainbowkiss:

Awwww, that was so sweet. It took me 'till the end to finally get the dog connection with Screwloose. There's a few grammar mistakes here and there, but nothing too terrible. Great job!

Aw, this is so sweet! I loved it. I knew that it was going to be Discord when they mentioned the many animals, but I had no idea it would be Fluttershy. I think it's so cute that she thinks she's a little puppy.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment