• Published 5th Feb 2016
  • 383 Views, 0 Comments

The Tale of Gypsy Rose - Dimensional Librarian



Gypsy Rose a bat pony from the future and with no way of returning she finds the only ponies she trusts. Her pegasi parents.

  • ...
 0
 383

1 The Tale

Author's Note:

Heyo This is just Simply a One Shot to put a bit more backstory on my two OC's Flaming Snowflake and Gypsy Rose without taking up to many chapters over in my other story. :scootangel:

This Story was also done with the help of Toxic Smoke via some Roleplaying of our OC's

Flaming Snowflake let out a singular sigh as he followed the giddy bat pony known as Gypsy Rose to a cafe near the Library. Walking along side him was a fellow pegasus by the name of Toxic Smoke apparently this mare was suppose to be his future wife. With a shake of his head Flaming ignored these thoughts because he was familiar to what Gypsy was.

Toxic trotted along side Flaming, feeling slightly awkward and still shocked by the entire situation. She kept her gaze on the ground in thought, occasionally looking up to see where Gypsy would turn.

Gypsy kept walking for a bit longer until they reached the cafe that she had in mind. Taking a seat at a table with three chairs she looks at Flaming and Toxic with a toothy and loving smile. "So anything specific you want to ask Mom?"

Flaming had watched Gypsy sit and smile at them. "Why must that always get to me," he thinks to himself as he sits in one of the chairs along side Gypsy. Patiently waiting for Toxic to answer Gypsy's question.

Toxic glanced at them for a moment before she too took a seat, across the two of them. "W-well I'm still trying to create proper thoughts. B-but why don't you tell me a-about yourself, Gypsy?" She asked, hoping to get to know her a bit. Toxic paused a moment and raised an eye brow. "Also, if Flaming and I are your parents... then how are you a bat pony? Seeing as we are pegasus." She added, feeling slightly weird stating that she was a parent. Even if it was to happen in the future.

Gypsy smiled at her Mother's question before stating "Well from what I learned its a recessive gene. And something happens to my generation making it slightly more dominate." She then looked at the waiter that came for their order. "I'll take water and some hayfries. My Dad will have a coffee as black as you can make it, and my Mother will have a large cookie and a latte" Gypsy then looked back at her parents not noticing the strange look she got from the waiter before he left. "Oh before I get started about myself I think you need to know that Dad isn't exactly a Pegasus."

Flaming let a growl escape his muzzle and the air suddenly felt warmer. "I despise you at times." he said soft enough so only those at the table heard.

Gypsy just smiled and shrugged his comment off having heard it before.

Toxic perked her ears at the order and then flicked them in Flaming direction in interest. "What...?" She mumbled, still her usual quiet self. She did want to know, but years of hesitation towards others didn't just melt away. "Then... what are you?"

Flaming Snowflake lets out a sigh as the temperature returns to normal before stating "To you I am an alien from another dimension. I'm the last of a race called the Temperature Lords."

Gypsy let out a sigh at Flaming and said "Why do you always have to make it sound so depressing? You love telling me the old stories" a smile growing on her face

Toxic couldn't hold back a look of wonder. "Temperature Lord?" Her ears had not twitched or pointed elsewhere the entire time. She always loved to learn new things, after all.

"Yes an ancient race of people that could control the temperature of anything." Flaming says "I was born with them and grew up a good life. But that doesn't matter anymore because the rest are all dead because of me." He then goes quiet as the waiter brings them all their orders before continuing "So please Ms. Smoke don't ask me any more about my race."

"Your sometimes no fun Dad" Gypsy says crossing her arms "Well Unless your with Uncle Books but that doesn't count." She then turns to look at Toxic and smiles at seeing her interest in Flaming's history. "Anyways you actually wanted to hear about me am I right?"

Toxic gave a small frown at Flaming and her ears leaned back. "Understood. I'm sorry for asking."

Toxic then turned to Gypsy and gave a small nod. "Yes, Gypsy. I would love to hear some about you, seeing as you already know me." Toxic then offered a small, rare smile at the mare across her.

"Well I'm Gypsy Rose, I grew up with you two as my parents out in a small house a mile or so from Ponyville." Gypsy then takes a sip of water "Its a lovely little spot and not many ponies visited us. Manly because of Discord's constant visits"

"Discord often visits? Why is that?" Toxic asks, trying to ignore the plain awkwardness towards Flaming at knowing he would help her take care of a foal.

"Something about the group Dad works for and the Element of Kindness having him make more friends" Gypsy says with a shrug. "I've always liked hanging out with him though so please don't be mad when he sends me back in time." the look on Gypsy's face told of a sweet Innocent mare that was looking to keep a friend out a trouble.

Toxic frowned a bit and stared blankly at Gypsy for a few moments. Could she promise that? She was her daughter after all. However it must have been for good reason, and Gypsy did seem to want him free of trouble. Looking down with a sigh, Toxic nodded. "I can't promise I will not be upset, but I will not lash out in any way." She glanced back to Gypsy. "You seem rather fine with it, and you seem happy, so I will remember that in the future when you leave."

"Thank you" Gypsy says clearly happy with Toxic's answer before she started to eat her order of hayfries.

Flaming Snowflake had watched the two without a word as he slowly sipped the coffee he had been ordered. "Well think about it she is kinda cute," he thinks to himself passively causing the air around the table to heat up

Toxic gave her a small nod and took a good bite of her cookie. Her gaze then shifted to Flaming and gave him a curious look. "D-Did you get angry? It got warm..." she stated and shifted her gaze to her latte, feeling slightly uneasy looking at him for to long. She hardly talked to anypony, and now she was with her future daughter and spouse. It was a lot to think about.

"A little at myself" Flaming deadpans as the temperature returns to normal. "I will say that it is actually a lot harder to control my powers with this body."

Toxic gives a slight nod. "I see..." She refrains from asking any more questions.

Flaming then smiles as he watches Gypsy still obliviously eating her food before he turns to Toxic saying "You know your mane does have a way with catching the light."

Toxic gave him a curious look, a small blush sneaking around her muzzle and cheeks. "Wh...what?" She mumbled before offering a shy smile. "Oh... Well thank you, Mr. Snowflake." Her tone became even softer and her ears slipped back in slight embarrassment. Not that she was complaining, oh no, she was definitely not complaining

"Call me Flaming" he says with a small chuckle and takes a sip of his coffee. He then made a face of disgust and set it down muttering "When the Hell did that get cold?"

Gypsy smiled as she watched them knowing that Flaming Snowflake was absentmindedly charming Toxic

Toxic gave a quiet laugh and sipped at her latte. "Well, Flaming, couldn't you rewarm it?"

"Yes," he tells her with a chuckle. Flaming then waves a hoof over his cup making it steam once more "I just wanted to know why it got so cold so quickly."

Toxic gave a slight hum of thought. "I have no idea. Maybe you got cold?" She offered as explanation as she finished her cookie.

"Possibly" Flaming says with a shrug he then looked out to the nearby edge of Canterlot realizing how close the cafe was to the edge. "Wanna just go fly around?" he asks to nopony in particular

Toxic nodded in response. "I suppose I could do with a bit of fresh air. Today has been rather... eventful..." She stated, finishing off her drink and looking to Gypsy, awaiting her response.

"Sure" Gypsy says as she finishes her hayfries and then puts down some bits for payment. Next Gypsy rose and headed for the edge and took flight.

Flaming chuckled and followed after Gypsy but instead of taking flight he simply jumped over the side without spreading his wings.

Toxic panicked a bit and looked over the edge. "What are you doing!?" She then stretched her thin wings and took off over the cliff side, looking down for Flaming.

Toxic then feels an upward push of warm air as Flaming then spreads out his thick feathered wings before he shot up next to her. "You worry to much" Flaming says with a chuckle and a warm smile as he slowly tilts forward to follow after Gypsy.

Toxic puffed her cheeks and glared at him. "I do not. That looked reckless, I gave a proper response." She defended before her wings carried her forward after them.

Gypsy let out a giggle from the front of the group and said "You really do worry to much about him Mom. Especially when you know what he is actually paid to do."

"Don't you ever shut up?" Flaming asked Gypsy as they flew.

Toxic looked at the two, back and forth, before stopping at Flaming and tilting her head. "And what would that be?"

"Depends," he says shrugging as he landed on a cloud over looking Cloudsdale. "On my home planet I was a soldier. After that I've just done what I could to survive until I've meet my current employers I just do what they ask and get enough to live the life I feel like." Flaming then looked at Toxic with his piercing blue eyes and gave her a soft smile "And yes I've been asked to kill people. Never ponies,they like you guys to much, but I've had to stand against armies all by myself and come out on top."

Toxic found herself slightly speechless, "Oh..." Was all she could manage under his gaze. She looked away, the same uneasy feeling from having the attention of another pony. She did, however, find his gaze fairly breathtaking. "I see." She mumbled, eyes at the ground far below.

Gypsy landed on a nearby cloud "Way to go Dad," she mutters under her breath just loud enough for Toxic to hear but not Flaming.

"So what do you do for a living?" Flaming asks Toxic feeling it was only right to share equal information all around. As he spoke he noticed how Toxic was avoiding his gaze.

Toxic seemed a bit reluctant to share. "well... nothing as intense as what you do." She looked up at the sky and sighed. "I'm an investigator, a detective really. But on occasion I am hired to use my skills for other things. Like finding relics and artifact. However I usually work with mysteries like murders and the like." Though her tone is slightly bland, it is still clear she enjoys her job as much as one can.

"Oh so you haven't meet Dimtec yet?" Gypsy asks as Flaming shoots her a glare which Toxic doesn't notice.

Toxic looked curiously at them. "Um, no... I don't think I have. And what is "Dimtec"?"

Gypsy lets out a sheepish chuckle and says "It stands for Dimensional Technologies......Celestia doesn't even really know about them."

"Their the ones I work for" Flaming says and points a wing tip toward the Everfree "The main base for this dimension is over in those woods."

"And what do you mean by 'yet'?" Toxic asked, looking in the direction Flaming pointed to.

"Well its......" Gypsy starts before taking off toward the Everfree faster than Flaming or Toxic would have given her credit for.

"Dang she's fast," Flaming mutters as he gets ready to take off after her by loosening up his muscles.

Toxic grinned. She was not known for it, but her flying skills were pretty sharp, with no extra weight, she could easily out fly the well know daredevil Rainbow Dash. "A chase, is it?" She asked, amused.

"So it seems Toxic my dear," Flaming says as the air warms and sends the cloud he is standing upon higher into the sky. At the peak of the updraft Flaming Snowflake jumped off and went into a streamlined free fall to build up speed.

Toxic does a small free-fall, not needing that much time to get a good speed. She curves up and races after Gypsy, not yet at full speed but still going impressively fast for a mare her size. She moves with great agility as well and seems to enjoy the wind and rush.

Flaming then turned up with enough speed under his wings that he was suddenly slightly ahead of Toxic and seeming to be moving without the resistance from the air.

Gypsy looked over her shoulder and noticed her parents following. With a smile she then dove into the Everfree and made sure to watch where she went

Toxic grinned madly and let herself drop until she was just above the trees. Her eyes followed Gypsy when they could spot her and she dove into the trees, her agility easily keeping her out of harms way as she gained speed.

"You're good" Flaming comments as he flies along side Toxic

Gypsy soon reaches a small hut and dives inside quickly

Toxic nods at Flaming and land outside the hut. "Same to you." She looked to the hut curiously and made her way over. "Hmm..." She thought something about this seemed... familiar.

Flaming Snowflake walked up and opened the door before trotting in expecting Toxic to follow. As he entered a mare's voice came from everywhere and nowhere in the room saying "Welcome back, Temperature Lord Fred. Will the lovely lady be joining us this evening?"

Toxic tensed, lowered her gaze, and keeping herself small, reverting back to her cautious self. Her ears had stayed perked however, as she was still curious as to what was happening, just deciding not to interfere.

Flaming looked over at Toxic with a warm smile that softly told her "Go on answer her."

Toxic cast him an uneasy glance, as if pleading for assistance before nodding. "I suppose I would be..." She mumbled a bit.

"Good" said the voice "Now if you will just follow Lord Fred down the hall." Flaming Snowflake let out a sigh and said "I've told you not to call me that in this form." He then looked at Toxic and waved a wing for her to follow him down the hallway.

Toxic Smoke followed close by, not really paying him much mind as she watched her surroundings. She was so caught in watching what new was around her, that she hadn't even noticed she was probably a bit too close to Flaming Snowflake.

He noticed how close she was and put a wing protectively around her. "Don't worry you're going to like it here," Flaming tells her smiling. They soon walk into a simple room that had a one way mirror looking into the next room where Gypsy was laughing and having tea with a few other bat ponies.

"I'm glade you guys made it," said a simple masculine voice from the corner

Toxic flinched at the voice and stayed at Flamings side, her tension had died down a little. The stallions comforting move most likely had to do with it, but she was also intrigued at most the things going on, still opting to stick close to the only pony around she somewhat knew.

A tan Unicorn wearing a black coat that covered the rest of his body and with a file folder in his bronze aura then stepped into the light. "I've looked at your resume and I must say I am impressed Ms. Smoke. And I'm even more impressed at how you've handled the dimensional anomaly that is Gypsy. So..... You're hired."

There was obvious confusion plastered on Toxic's face. "E-excuse me? I'm hired?" She asked. "Oh, and th-thank you..." she added, remembering the compliment. Her tone was obviously uncomfortable, but she spoke none the less. Funny, if it was not for Flamings pushing for her to speak, she would have only tilted her head.

The unicorn chuckled and said "Noting to much to worry about Toxic. I'm Joe Dimtec and Welcome to Dimensional Technologies. Is their anything else you want to learn while you're here for the second time?"

The confusion only grows. Toxic remains silent however, not even sure what to say. "Um..."

Flaming sighs and with a nod of his head Joe leaves with a chuckle. Flaming then looks at Toxic with concern and asks "Care to tell me what's going through that cute head of yours?"

Once again Toxic puffs out her cheeks in annoyance, them turning a slight shade redder. "Don't call me that..." she grumbled, "And it's nothing. I'm just trying to take it all in. And... I don't remember being in here before..."

"I wouldn't worry about it to much" Flaming says with a shrug "Changes are he was revering to a point in time where the future you meets the past him. Do you want to go check on Gypsy?"

Toxic gave a short nod. "Yes please." She had already felt a connection with Gypsy Rose, being near her was slightly humbling.

Flaming smiled and gave Toxic a quick kiss on the cheek before leading her to the room that Gypsy was in with his wing still around her. "I don't care how many times this happens but I will be sure to enjoy every moment." he thinks.

Toxic gave a small squeak at the display of affection and her entire muzzle lit up as she walked with him. She found herself subconsciously leaning her head against him as she noticed the many other ponies, making her uneasy again.

All the other ponies just passed by the pair of pegasi with out a second glaze or a word. Flaming and Toxic soon come upon Gypsy who looked like a little foal that had gotten into the art supplies and caused a mess.

"Please don't ground me." Gypsy says sheepishly as a bit of glitter falls from the ceiling above her.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment