• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 17,425 Views, 1,800 Comments

Awful Lot of Coffee in Equestria - NorrisThePony



A collection of Celestia, Luna, and Cadance's cynical conversations over coffee.

  • ...
25
 1,800
 17,425

PreviousChapters
I'm the Leader of Equestria, AMA

"So... wait, it's good?"

"Yes, Auntie," Cadance said, giggling a little as Celestia peered at the glowing device. "Congratulations, you are officially on the Ponynet."

"Dumb name," Luna said offhandedly, aimlessly stirring her pitch-black coffee. "Doesn't even make sense."

"Shush, shush!" Celestia cast a glance in Luna's direction, and then looked back at the glowing tablet device in front of her. Cadance had brought it, and though most of her instructions had seemed meaningless syllables to Celestia, eventually she was able to derive some sort of meaning from what her younger niece was saying. "I'm about to submit the Eh Mah."

"The what now?"

"AMA?" Celestia said again. "That is what it is called?"

"A.M.A. It's an acronym, auntie. Ask Me Anything."

Celestia blinked. "A-anything?"

"Y'know. Within reason."

"Cadance. I am a little skeptical such 'reason' will be obeyed."

"Oh, stop worrying!" Luna cut in. "It will be fun!"

Luna's horn flared, and before Celestia could protest, the thread had been posted to the Ponynet for the entire electronically inclined version of their nation to see.

Silence.

"Nothing is happening." Luna said. "Are we uninteresting to them?"

"For goodness sake, Luna, give it a moment." Cadance replied, rolling her eyes. Then, the smaller little hell-rectangle in her purse let out a little chirrup, and she smiled. "Here we go! You have your first question! It's for you, Luna!"

Luna leaned forwards, her eyes alight with curiosity. "Ooooh?!"

"What product do you use for your mane, Princess Luna?" Cadance read aloud. "I've tried everything, but I can't get the same free-flowing hold whatever gel you use does."

"Ah! That is simple, my faithful subject! The answer is, I make my own mane gel!" She ran a hoof through her mane. Cadance and Celestia gawked in disgust.

"I'm, uh. Writing Stableline, Luna." Cadance shook her head. "Ooh, another one! Celly, you're up!"

Celestia leaned forward expectantly, peering down at the device on the table in front of her as she read it along with Cadance.

"Princess Celestia, your love of tea is quite common knowledge. What is your favourite flavour, and why?"

"An excellent question, my little pony!" Celestia beamed. "Though it is one that very much depends on the time of day, weather conditions, and my own general mood at least as much as the flavour of the tea itself. You see, there are different flavours that compliment different moods... when I am relaxing with a book, unwinding after a stressful day, I find that the muted, subtle aroma of camomille or lavender work wonders at easing my mood. You see, most herbal teas contain a chemical compound called epigallocatechin gallate, or EPCG, which has been found by various studies to induce a calmer state of mind. Though, part of me wonders if that is simply a result of the context one drinks tea during, since it isn't often one drinks tea in a stressful environment. Though, that being said, I have found stronger teas, like oolongs, earl greys, or peppermint... or ones with a sweet and fruity taste such as hibiscus, to be rather helpful in easing me comfortably into my morning routine, as opposed to easing me back out of my hectic daily routine. So, as much as I would like to say that camomille or lavender are my favourite, it is in some sense facetious since it sort of does a disservice to other teas that are a vital component of helping me handle the day in a productive way early in the morning."

Celestia blushed when she realized she'd been ranting, and she did her best to salvage it with a nervous little grin. "I hope that answers your question!"

Luna and Cadance shared a glance.

"Auntie, you hit the wordcount at the first 'camomille', so I'm just gonna put that." Cadance facehoofed. "Ooh, oh, another for Luna! Princess Luna, I've been your biggest fan since your return..."

Luna beamed, and Celestia gave her sister a proud smile.

"...My question is... Would you ever consider going on a date with me?"

Luna's smile dropped. Celestia stifled a giggle.

"There's, uh. A few of these for Luna, actually." Cadance offered, helpfully. "Some are more, uh. Graphic than others. This upstanding fella asked for 'hoof pics.' I'm gonna skip past these now and purge them from my brain. We cool with that?"

Luna said nothing, but nodded her head rapidly.

"Oh, one for me! Princess Cadance... you were quite young when you were crowned a Princess. I'm about to go away to Magical School and I'm quite worried because I'm going to be the youngest in my class. My question is... was being a young Princess stressful, and if so, how did you cope?'" Cadance nodded her head a few times as she dictated. "Oh, doi, it was totally stressful. It still is, but I've also got the best support group ever, a dorky and selectively competent hubby I love, and tons of experience. Don't worry so much and confront things head on when they come. That's the Princess of Love strategy."

Celestia smiled at Cadance pridefully, then, she glanced at her tablet and an excited grin split across her face. "Oh, oh! A question for both Luna and I!"

Luna peered over eagerly, too, and read it aloud. "Dear Royal Sisters... what's one embarrassing thing about the other that they don't know that you know?" Luna's grin turned predatory. "Celestia's mane becomes grey if she doesn't dye it every few months."

Celestia scowled. "Yeah, well, Luna, Spike, Queen Chrysalis, and The Great and Powerful Trixie get together in secret to play Ogres & Oubliettes together every Friday night. Luna's character is a black and red alicorn-thestral hybrid who is a vampire mage that calls themselves Ebony Darkhorn."

Luna's predatory grin turned to an embarrased glare, and she blew her mane out of her face with a 'hrmph!'. Cadance snickered. "That's adorable, Luna. Oh, oh! Another one for Celestia! Are you secretly a tyrant in disguise? I'm onto you if you are."

"Damn. I am found out." Celestia threw her hooves up, rolling her eyes. "The evidence is truly piled against me, and clearly the revolution is nigh."

"Alright, alright." Cadance was grinning, shaking her head at her aunt's antics. "Uh, one for the three of us, from a clearly anonymous BookloverTSparks. They, uh. Want to know why they weren't invited to this."

"Damn it." Celestia hit the table with a hoof. "Tell her we'll get her for the sequel."

Author's Note:

I had no idea how to end this.

I like this format for chapters, by the way. I will likely bring it back again.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 41 )

Huh, this is the second fic I follow in as many days that got an update for the first time in years. Neat!

10426942

Do me a favour and go comment on Solitary Locust, you're clearly magic

Awful lack of coffee in this chapter.

Nice to see more of this. And I'd say this is as good a way to close it out as any. I can only imagine what fun you'll have once Twilight gets involved.

Luna's character is a black and red alicorn-thestral hybrid who is a vampire mage that calls themselves Ebony Darkhorn."

To quote TFS Krillian “Shots fired”.

I love that jab at that troll HP fic.

It was great to see this update (second one that I thought was dead that updated today!). And you've planned a sequel to include Twiggles? Sweet! I'll be waiting! :yay:

So glad to see a new chapter of this. Hoping for many more.

Honestly that foray into the internet went better for them than I was expecting.

Hilarious and adorable

I looked at the cover art and one thing went through my mind.

"Ok, Celestia doesn't need a horn when she can move things with her mind now.":rainbowlaugh:

10426946
Given how long many AMAs go, coffee will happen.

10427003
It only took them three years

Anyway, show hooves.

Wow I didn't expect to see this fic get an update, not that i'm complaining.

Celestia scowled. "Yeah, well, Luna, Spike, Queen Chrysalis, and The Great and Powerful Trixie get together in secret to play Ogres & Oubliettes together every Friday night. Luna's character is a black and red alicorn-thestral hybrid who is a vampire mage that calls themselves Ebony Darkhorn."

Lol, Luna has a typical edgy allicorn oc

This anonymous and clearly super sexy BookloverTSparkle will have revenge for being left out!

Holy crap an update! YES!

Love it, all of it! Do the sequel, and talk more about Luna, Spike, Chrysalis and Trixie's get togethers!:pinkiehappy:

10427727
I mean, he is marked for protection...

I'm so happy to see this again.

Well what's going to happen if they run out of coffee

10429901
derpicdn.net/img/view/2017/8/16/1511976.png
Let's just say it'd be best not to tell Princess Luna.

the smaller little hell-rectangle in her purse let out a little chirrup

So, are we sure this is the internet or communication that travels through hell because it's a shorter distance? :unsuresweetie:

10541021
What, is that just me that does that?

I hate myself for not finding this update sooner.

I hate myself for not finding this update sooner.

11009079
Ahh, ok. But they are all great band names.

I've reread this story seven times, as of the last reread today. And it's still as nice and fun as always.

Even if the Twilight appearances were few, that was understandable since this was during the period Twilight's princess status was still being debated about. Really, every chapter was a nice peek into the princesses just enjoying life and basically chilling out, as Rainbow Dash would call it.

The first chapter was a nice start, if I recall this correctly. The first meeting of Cadance and Luna - setting the tone for the story. At first, it seemed as if the story was gonna take a serious tone on the matter - then it dissolved into the Luna we all love, even if that side of her is not shown in canon episodes all that much. From then on, I loved all Cadance and Luna interactions - since their debates are endlessly entertaining, especially when Luna is insisting on matters like true love. I mean, come on, who wouldn't like to read two silly alicorns arguing? Of course, Celestia has to be the mom.

The maple syrup chapter is one of my favorites. The fact that Celestia can go on a poetic rant about syrup, ketchup packets and the likes is just hilarious to me. It just goes to show Trollestia is a very fun thing to write and read, and even if Trollestia isn't the main theme here - it just feels so Trollestia to me, hehe.

After that was yet another hilarious chapter. Definitely an important question - Coke or Pepsi? I personally don't drink much of both, and if I had to choose I would choose Coke in a heartbeat. No, not that kind of coke.

Luna's coffee mug soared into the air triumphantly, soaking both Celestia and Cadance with the cooling brown liquid within.

COFFEE IS THE DRINK OF THE GODS, YES

As for this chapter, it was so incredibly awkward because of Twilight being the third, or should I say, the fourth-wheeler in their group, making their dynamic so skewed. YEET!

All in all, this story was incredible and I'll always come back to it whenever I want some silly fun interactions between the princesses. Thank you for writing this, it was a nice fluff piece!

always fun to make up usernames for characters, and that is a great one for Twilight. and great to see that Luna is keeping the black-and-red alicorn OC tradition alive and well. very fitting with the whole unexplained batpony guard thing. Celestia's tea rant was a nice payoff for the throughline of her tea obsession as well.

Howdy, hi!

This was a super fun story. I love the casual feel of Celestia, Luna, and Cadance sitting down chat about whatever comes to their minds. It really makes them feel like friends and ponies that enjoy each other's company. All the conversations were enjoyable and at times hilarious. I had really good time reading all the interactions between them and my only remorse is that there are no more chapters to read.

Overall, awesome read. Thanks for the fic~!

Gosh, this is my comfort story.
I revisit it so much- but it just makes me so happy. <3

"There's, uh. A few of these for Luna, actually." Cadance offered, helpfully. "Some are more, uh. Graphic than others. This upstanding fella asked for 'hoof pics.' I'm gonna skip past these now and purge them from my brain. We cool with that?"

:facehoof:

"Oh, one for me! Princess Cadance... you were quite young when you were crowned a Princess. I'm about to go away to Magical School and I'm quite worried because I'm going to be the youngest in my class. My question is... was being a young Princess stressful, and if so, how did you cope?' " Cadance nodded her head a few times as she dictated. "Oh, doi, it was totally stressful. It still is, but I've also got the best support group ever, a dorky and selectively competent hubby I love, and tons of experience. Don't worry so much and confront things head on when they come. That's the Princess of Love strategy."

Oh shit, that's gonna leave a mark.

Sorry about flooding your notifications with all the comments. But man was this a funny read.

11258859
No problem! Always nice to see people coming across this one and enjoying it!

11474406
I've dabbled a bit on audio productions myself, although none of them have ever gotten more than 50% complete due to time management and procrastination on my end.

11503611
But why, off all the ways to not be bored, would you choose "have a more disagreeable partner " instead of choosing "play a video game" or "read a book" or "build a car" or ANYTHING that is actually fun, instead of something that is a negative? Why would you choose to not get along if you don't have to?
This makes no sense at all to me.

Login or register to comment