• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 17,424 Views, 1,800 Comments

Awful Lot of Coffee in Equestria - NorrisThePony



A collection of Celestia, Luna, and Cadance's cynical conversations over coffee.

  • ...
25
 1,800
 17,424

PreviousChapters Next
Definetely A Weird Sort of Homecoming

"It's twelve."

"Yes, Luna."

"She said she'd be here at twelve."

"Yes, Luna."

"She's not here."

"No, Luna."

"Why isn't she here?"

Celestia let out a long sigh and set her knitting down in order to meet Luna's eyes. "Because last I checked, Cadance is no paragon of punctuality. I'm sure she's just running late."

Luna groaned loudly and took to ripping up a nearby napkin. "I'm boreeeed!"

"Well, could you entertain yourself in a less messy fashion?" Celestia retook her knitting needles whilst glaring at the bits of napkin that Luna was letting fall carelessly onto the diner floor.

"What if something happened? What if her chariot blew up on the way back from... um, at the risk of sounding like I'm justifying exposition, where did she go again?"

"For the last time, Luna, Cadance went to—"

"Guess who?!" A familiar voice interrupted Celestia.

"Cadance!" Luna screamed, leaping out of the booth to tackle-hug Cadance. "You're back!"

"Holy fu—" Cadance started to say, before Luna made impact and knocked the words from her mouth. "Hey to you too, Luna, geez."

"It is good to see you, Caddy," Celestia said. "Things have been dreadfully boring in your absence."

"Indeed," Luna nodded. "It feels like you've been gone for 237 days!"

"I only missed a few Tuesdays," Cadance responded. "Anything interesting happen?"

"No," Celestia said earnestly. "I can honestly say that absolutely nothing worthy of note happened in your absence. An empty void of nothingness."

"Well. Good to know I'm the social glue that keeps our lives interesting," Cadance responded with a grin. "I'm glad to be back, personally. Worst. Vacation. Ever."

Celestia frowned. "Do tell."

"What happens in Las Pegasus stays in Las Pegasus, Celestia."

"Until I read about it in the tabloids," Celestia retorted.

Groaning loudly, Cadance facehoofed. "Damn it, you're right. Well, let's just say I accidentally bet the Crystal Kingdom on a card-hand, and that isn't even the worst thing that happened."

"You... what?" Celestia deadpanned.

Cadance nodded bitterly. "I'm fairly sure I was playing against King Sombra, too. I remember he had sideburns, anyways, so it was probably him."

"I'm gonna need some context, Cadance," Celestia said, her horrified gaze at odds with Luna's prideful smile.

"Look, it's all a set-up anyways." Cadance flailed her hooves in the air. "Free hard liquor at a casino? It's diabolical is what it is! How am I supposed to not get tipsy?"

"I see," Celestia said. "And the end result?"

"I won," Cadance waved a hoof dismissively. "I mean hey, half of love is luck, right? Remember how my old chariot got impounded? Well, I won a new one in Las Pegasus."

Even Luna looked shocked. "You bet the livelihood of your subjects... on a new chariot."

"Nooooo, I bet the Crystal Kingdom," Cadance winked. "I rule the Crystal Empire. The Crystal Kingdom is a strip club on Third. Details matter."

"That's... decently clever," Celestia admit.

"Hey, I'm always on duty," Cadance shrugged.

"Did anything else of note happen?" Luna asked.

"Eh. It's all a blur, honestly. I swear, my grandchildren are probably gonna inherit the hangover I have right now."

"Well, regardless, it's good to have you back, Cadance," Celestia said after awhile, resuming her knitting with a small frown.

"Indeed!" Luna chirped loudly. "Between the two of us, Celestia is dreadfully boring to be around by her lonesome."

"I... don't think the phrase 'between the two of us' works when the pony you're shit-talking is right beside you," Cadance said. "Although... Auntie, are you seriously knitting? That IS really lame, geez."

Celestia looked at Cadance, at her knitting needles, and back at Cadance. "I'm two-thousand-seven-hundred and forty-seven. I think that if anypony has the right to old mare habits, it's me. Besides, forgive me if I don't take my bendering, coke-snorting niece's advice on which habits I should and shouldn't have."

"That's—!" Cadance began to protest, but stopped instantly. "...a fairly good point, actually. Anyways, as crazy as the last while has been, I'm really glad to be back."

"Yes," Luna agreed. Then, without any warning, the entire cafe seemed to take on a cold, dark aura as Luna leaned forwards, her expression falling into one of severity. "Now, don't you ever miss a Tuesday again. You made a promise to us and if you so much as think of breaking it again, there will be consequences."

"Duly noted, Luna."

PreviousChapters Next