• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 328 Views, 1 Comments

Digitizing Reality - TheDimensionRift



When strange objects from the human world, Twilight returns to Canterlot High hoping to find answers that could be causing these events. After learning of a boy who may know, Twilight is forced to team up with him to find out what's going on.

  • ...
 1
 328

Chapter 3: The boy called "V"

“I just wanna let you know before we go in there,” Sunset Shimmer said as she pointed toward a unique looking door which she had brought Twilight to.

“He tends to act a bit, uh different, than most others you’ve met at Canterlot High. Something about his brain processing things differently than what most of us do, or something” Sunset Shimmer knocked on the metallic door as though she attempted to get someone insides attention.

“Hey V you in there yet? I got someone who wants to ask you something, it’s important,” Sunset’s knocks were interrupted by a small robotic orb which came out of a opening in the metallic door. It appeared to have a red light in the center of itself which appeared to act as an eye. Twilight seemed both frightened and confused when she noticed the flying metal sphere, her fear only increased when it began to emit a red light from its eye which scanned both the girls.

“Don’t worry, he does this anytime someone shows up” Sunset Shimmer said as she faced the floating sphere with a look of irritation.

“Do you seriously have to do this ECO?”

“My most sincere apologies miss Shimmer it’s just…,”

“Yeah, yeah, I know. It’s just protocol and your only following your primary programming,” Sunset said as she interrupted the robotic male voice.

“My concerns lie with your programmer whom I’d be happy to address in person if you could open this door”

“Why of course, one moment please” the sphere stopped scanning the two girls and retreated by to the door as he said this. Sunset could see the shocked expression on Twilight’s, of course, she was probably as shocked as Sunset when she first came to this door.

“That was ECO, you’d better get used to seeing him if your gonna be working with V”

“He made a robot?” asked Twilight with a bit of astonishment in her question.

“He’s not a robot, he’s a-“

Sunset was interrupted by the sound of a the metal door opening, as it opened with a loud clank, the sphere had returned to accompany the two as they entered.

Once they entered the dimly lit room, the door that had been open only seconds before slammed shut rather violently making Twilight jump at the sound. Twilight looked around and noticed that they were in a computer lab, though not one she had ever seen for this computer lab was in a wing of the school not to be occupied by students. All of the computer monitors appeared to be on but Twilight couldn’t read what was on any of the screens, it all appeared to be senseless numbers and letters of many different colors and sizes.

“Astonishing isn’t it?” Twilight almost jumped at the sudden appearance of the little bit now in front of her face.

“Master V has several different commands inputted into these monitors which send out requests to other devices all over the world, each gathering information and sending it back to master V’s personal computer; ultimately, generating an almost infinite amount of knowledge which he then studies. No more use for him to have to travel to the library in order for him to obtain a good read I suppose”

“Really? All the times I’ve come her I always thought they were for dramatic effect,” said Sunset Shimmer as her and Twilight made their way to a door across the room.
Sunset approached the door and prepared to knock, however, the door opened before her hand even made contact to the door. The room was a rectangular shape, and even though it was smaller than the one before it, this room was also filled with monitors which lined the walls and also had the strange multicolor coding.

Straight ahead at the end of the room, Twilight could see a silver haired figure with a dark grey hooded sweatshirt on typing away at a computer in front of him.

“I hate it when you do that, you could at least let me knock ya’know?” said Sunset with an annoyed look on her face.

“Nice to see you again too Sunset, It’s always a pleasure to see your smiling face,” replied the boy as he continued to face his monitor and type.
Twilight noticed his tone was rather cold and expressionless, she could have sworn it seemed familiar but she couldn’t recall where she had heard it.

“So, to what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Actually, my friend Twilight is the one who wanted to talk to you,” she replied as her and Twilight made their way closer to where the boy sat, Twilight still looking at the computers lining the walls.

When he heard this, the boy stopped typing and waved his bot over to him.

“Nice to see you again, Princess Twilight,” he said as ECO returned to an opening in his hard drive tower.
Twilight had a look of surprise on her face, but she wasn’t the only one.

“You two know each other?” asked Sunset Shimmer with a shared look of confusion.

“We only recently just met, however, I wasn’t able to properly introduce myself last time” V swiveled his chair around to face the two girls.

“My name is Vector, but you may refer to me simply as V”
Twilight recognized the expressionless face as she noticed the thick framed black glasses and bright Cyan colored eyes.

“You!? You’re the unicorn who was at the crash site in Equeastria!” Twilight was shocked but also mad, she remembered how Vector had taken her only clue to the satellite without providing any explanation.

“Indeed, and I apologize for that but I had to make certain I the time and place was proper before providing you with any sensitive information. As I stated before, the next time we met I’d provide you with all the answers to your questions. Now than,” Vector pushed a key on his computer’s keyboard which provide light to the almost dark room.

“Ask whatever you like and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability”