• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 6,485 Views, 318 Comments

Love Call of the Sirens - Justice3442



Love Tap has a reputation for being excellent at taking care of children. Twilight needs somepony to help look after the sirens. These two things really shouldn't have any connection, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

  • ...
16
 318
 6,485

Part 1: Epilogue

Aria Blaze raised a forehoof to her mouth and let out a few hacking coughs before she rolled onto her side, pulling baby blue covers over herself as she faced a wood-grain wall in the dimness of the night. “I miss being aquatic…” she muttered from the floor.

Adagio Dazzle turned, her mass of orange curls shifting slightly to reveal a pillowcase with a cross-shaped directional-pad design along with two rectangular black buttons, and two red circle ones. “You were the one stupid enough to actually try and drown yourself!” she snapped as she laid on a bed under a gray bedspread, and a light blue forehoof belonging to Sonata Dusk.

Aria turned to fire off a glare at that mass of orange curls hanging out from under the blankets and off the side of the bed. “It’s been a pretty stressful day for me, and you two certainly didn’t help! You never help!

Adagio rolled her eyes. “You’re the one who picked a fight with our new hostess.”

Sonata let out a soft tired giggle as she cozied up to Adagio and laid her head on the unicorn’s chest. “New mommy is the strongest…” she murmured.

“Well, how the heck was I supposed to know she was using being a mom as a cover for the fact that she’s some extremely gifted fighter!” Aria frowned. “You think like… She’s got a tragic backstory there? Like she accidentally killed a pony in the ring or maybe there’s just too much blood on her hands—”

“Hooves,” Adagio corrected.

“—Right, hooves, and now she’s just trying to settle down and put her past behind her?”

“I’m not sure how that would matter,” Adagio said.

Aria shrugged. “I thought it’d be cool… but maybe we can find out and blackmail her with it?”

“… And whom would we be blackmailing her against?!” Adagio asked. “I got the impression Chip knows her inside and out both literally and figuratively, Gibson just has one thing on his mind at his age, and Button would probably think it’s cool! So, I ask again, whom could we possibly threaten to bring this information to, if indeed it even exists?”

“Uh… Princess Twilight Sparkle?” Aria suggested.

Adagio rolled her eyes. “Unlikely. If anything, that’d just bolster the idea that Love Tap can handle us three…”

“Society!” Sonata suggested as she threw a forehoof directly into the air, knocking the covers back.

Grumbling to herself, Adagio looked up at her horn. It flashed a dim, hazy green for a moment, then went back to its inert light-orange self. With a snarl, it glowed green once more and a small green haze drifted out to grab the edge of the blanket and pull it back over Adagio and Sonata.

Aria shook her head. “Naw… Love Tap doesn’t care what other ponies think of her.” She turned to look up at the ceiling. “She’s cool like that…”

“Hehehe! New Mommy is pretty neat!” Sonata agreed.

Adagio smirked in Aria’s direction. “Sounds like you’re developing a little crush on her.”

“What, no!” Aria insisted. “Besides, what about you and Gibson?!”

Adagio let out a short derisive laugh. “Gibson? I’ll grant the boy has excellent growth potential—”

Aria let out a pained groan.

“—but he’s just a horny teenager.”

“Who can play the guitar and is in a band!” Sonata pointed out.

“Yes, yes,” Adagio said, “so he’s not a complete loser.” She shook her head. “It’s not like he means anything to me.”

Sonata giggled. “I like Button and his friends! They’re fun!”

Adagio looked down and tossed Sonata a wayward look. “No getting attached.”

“I knooooow…” Sonata said in the tone of a child who was getting tired of being told the same thing over and over again.

“I mean it!” Adagio stressed. “The both of you. Remember that this is just temporary.”

“Well, duh, Dagi,” Sonata commented. “They told us sharing a room was just until the construction of the new additions were done.”

“I’m not talking about this stupid room arrangement!” snapped Adagio. A smirk that only communicated malicious intent crawled onto her face. “Twilight’s keeping us close but not close enough. It’s just a matter of time before we slip away from that naive Princess and are back on track to turning all the ponies of Equestria into one big audience to serve us the love we deserve.”

“Yeah, right,” Aria replied sarcastically. “Us getting our asses handed to use by the Rainbooms was just the first step in some big plan of yours.”

“I’ll admit that was a bit of a setback,” Adagio said.

“We lost our gems, stupid,” Aria quipped, “there’s setback and then there’s uncontrollable dumpster bonfire.”

Sonata snorted out a laugh.

Adagio rolled her eyes. “I know patience, forward-thinking, and not being an idiot isn’t your strong suit, Aria, but we’re far from out of the game.” Adagio glanced towards her horn and smiled. “Twilight’s unwittingly given us all the tools we need to succeed…” Adagio glanced down at her red gem and frowned slightly. “Did… did anybody—”

“AnyPONY,Sonata corrected.

Adagio sighed. “—Anypony think to ask somepony else to remove their gems?”

“And what?” Aria replied, her face tightening slightly in confusion. “We just put our gems back on and asked whoever did it for us to forget what they saw?!”

“Well, you seem to be developing a repertoire of sorts with Love Tap and Sonata was with children all day… Plus, ponies are naturally forgetful and stupid…”

“Hehe, right?” Sonata quipped. “What a buncha grade ‘A’ ignore-a-mousses!”

Adagio let out a sigh heavy with annoyance.

“Sorry, Dagi,” Aria said, “Musta forgot to ask nicely if LT would take my jewelry off before we tried to smash the tar outta each-other.”

Adagio frowned. “Sonata?”

“Yes, Adagio? What is it?”

“Did YOU ask Button or one of the other kids to take off your gem?!” She snarled.

“Geez! You don’t need to yell! It’s night-night time!” Sonata’s voice dropped to a whisper. “You’re supposed to talk like this!”

“Well, pay attention to conversation context,” Adagio said. “Now did you get one of the kids to take your gem off or not?”

“No!” Sonata whispered. “I was too busy teaching Button how to fly and then saving him after I realized that probably wasn’t going to happen!”

Arai shook her head. “I can’t believe LT didn’t turn you into a greasy stain after you brought back the squirt with a dislocated shoulder.”

“Of course!” Sonata said excitedly. “Oops…” She began to whisper once more. “Of course. New Mommy is the best!”

“You two are useless!” Adagio quipped.

“Well, what about you?” Aria replied. “You and Gibson were having hot and heavy times!” She put on a fake smile, widened her eyes, and batted her eyelashes. “All you had to say was, ‘Hey, my gem is chaffing my neck, could you…?’ Or ‘I have an idea! Let’s put my gem around your massive horse member!’ or even ‘Take off my gem!’.”

“I…” Adagio’s forehead crinkled and she pursed her lips. “Oh, that clever little strumpet, she made it so we can’t talk about our gems when other ponies are around!” Adagio took a quick glance to one side of the room. “Or at least when they can’t hear.”

Aria rolled her eyes. “That sounds like a convenient excuse to cover the fact you dropped the ball, Adagio,” she quipped.

Adagio just chuckled. “This is going to be a little more challenging than I thought.” Another smile that could only mean devious attempt spread across Adagio’s face. “Which will make our inevitable victory over Princess Twilight and all of Equestria all the sweeter! HeheheheheMuaahahaha—”

“Hey, big sis’s?” Buttons voice called out as a collection a fiery orange-brown mane shifted from inside a checkered dark and light green sleeping bag with a few black squares arranged into a sort of frowning or perhaps shouting face. “I’m trying to sleep, can you three keep it down?”

A trio of ‘Sorry’s escaped the girl’s lips.

“It’s fine…” Button replied sleepily as he turned his head and closed his eyes. “G’night big sis’s! I love you.”

“Night, squirt,” Aria said.

“Love you, too, Button!” Sonata replied.

Glaring slightly, Adagio looked down and swatted the top of Sonata’s head with a forehoof.

“Owie,” Sonata replied as she rubbed her head, grumpily glared at Adagio, and turned in the bed to face away from Adagio. Sonata lightly buffered Adagio with her wings, kicking up the comforter slightly and sending a mess of Adagio’s locks about.

Sighing, Adagio’s horn glowed green again and small glowing wisps of magic energy drifted force to push her hair back into place. “Button, forget everything you’ve heard in this room tonight.”

“Forget what now?”

“Good job, Button.”

End Part 1