• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 5,553 Views, 118 Comments

Twilight Sparkle's All Unicorn Retreat - smxsonic



Twilight Sparkle hosts a Convention for all the Unicorns in her life.

  • ...
3
 118
 5,553

Day 1, Part 2: Not held against them

“Here it is girls!” Twilight announced, “Welcome to my castle!”

The other unicorns looked up in awe. Even though they had all seen the castle before on their various trips to Ponyville, it was a dazzling sight to behold up close. The Sun was hitting the castle in just the right way where it seemed to shine all seven colors of the rainbow. Minuette took this moment to take her camera out of her saddlebags and take a few photos. She continued to take photos as they entered the castle.

“Wow, Twilight, I didn’t think your castle would be this big!” Lemon Hearts said, looking around the hall Twilight was leading them down.

“And she got it just a year after getting her wings, Can you believe that?” Lyra gushed.

“It’s actually too big for my liking,” Twilight said, looking ahead wistfully, “I liked the coziness of my library.”

Twilight led the group to her council room. She opened the door to see three other unicorns playing cards somewhat tensely on the crystal table. Starlight threw a chip in and then the three stared each other for one second, and then on a silent command revealed their cards.

“Hah, full house, Trixie wins!” The blue unicorn cheered and she scooped her winnings up.

Starlight glared at her and stated simply, “You cheated…”

“Cheating is beneath The Great and Powerful Trixie!”

“Yeah, right! You’re a stage magician! You probably used some fancy sleight of hoof to stack the deck in your favor!”

“That’s a good theory, Starlight,” Sunset said, “Except I shuffled the deck and If Trixie did indeed cheat, she would have probably gotten a royal flush.”

Starlight switched her glare over to Sunset. She held it for a second before grunting and turning her back on the table.

“You know, I was worried you three wouldn’t get along.” Twilight said as she sauntered in.

The three unicorns turned to Twilight. Sunset trotted over to Twilight and hugged her, “Hey Twilight.”

“Hey, Sunset, You’re looking good,” Twilight said playfully. Admittedly it was weird to see Sunset in pony form, but it was a good look on her.

Sunset looked herself over, “Yeah, I should’ve expected not to have wings, but after what happened with the other Twilight…”

Twilight shrugged, “One step at a time, I guess. Anyway, Introductions are in order!”

Twilight twirled and went to sit at her place at the table, and called for every pony to state their name and a little something about themselves. Twinkleshine went first, revealing that she was a teacher at the School for Gifted Unicorns. Lemon Hearts was a caterer, and could make an entire five-course buffet in under five minutes.Lyra was a musician, also helping her best friend with her candy shop. Minuette was a researcher, studying StarSwirl’s time travel spell, which became interesting once it was Starlight’s turn to introduce herself.

“Um… Hello… I’m Starlight Glimmer and… I’ve done some things I’m not proud of. Including going back in time and trying to stop Twilight from meeting her friends…”

“So it was you causing all those distortions!” Minuette growled, “I don’t know whether to hug or to kick you!”

“Please don’t fight in the Friendship Castle” Twilight droned

Minuette pointed her hoof at Starlight, “We will trade notes later.”

Starlight raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. All of Twilight’s friends seemed to have had too much coffee.

Sunset stood up and cleared her throat, “My name is Sunset Shimmer, I was the former personal student of Princess Celestia, and the current student of Princess Twilight Sparkle”

“Wait…” Twinkleshine started. “I’ve heard of you!”

Sunset’s eyes brightened. “Really?”

“Yeah, There are stories about how Sunset Shimmer was banished to the badlands by Princess Celestia herself!” Twinkleshine explained.

“Oh yeah! The Dragon Slayer who roams the badlands helping anypony who has money!” Lemon Hearts put in.

Sunset’s eye twitched, “How did that even start?”

Twinkleshine shrugged, “It’s just one of many legends at the School for Gifted Unicorns”

Sunset looked to Twilight, “Did you know about any of this?”

Twilight shrugged, “I wasn’t really that social.”

“It’s just legends,” Lyra said, “How about you explain what really happened.”

Sunset looked to Twilight pleadingly, Twilight returned the look and nodded. Allowing Sunset to tell the truth.

She took a deep breath, “It’s true that I had falling out with Celestia, but I didn’t get banished. I ran away to another dimension, where I enrolled in high school. I was sort of a queen bee there…”

“Huh, that’s kind of lame,” Lyra said

“If everypony is finished, The Great and Powerful Trixie would like to Introduce herself. Though, she supposes she already did.”

“ Question!” Lemon Hearts called out while waving her hoof wildly, “Why are you referring to yourself in third pony?”

“It is a habit that Trix-” Trixie coughed to correct herself, “-I have.”

“So ya got all your marbles?” Lyra asked, her face resting on her hoof, “You’re not going to try to take over the town again?”

“Lyra!” Twilight admonished, “Trixie is trying her best to become a better pony, like Sunset and Starlight. We will not hold what they did against them.”

“Wait…” Lemon Hearts piped up innocently, “ What exactly did Sunset Shimmer do?”

“We will not hold what they did against them,” Twilight repeated, the authority in her voice made clear. Sunset shrunk back; Twilight reminded her too much of Celestia at that moment.

“So… Is that everypony?” Twinkleshine asked.

“Everypony except Moondancer,” Twilight said. She looked to Twinkleshine, “Where is she, anyway?”

Twinkleshine shrugged, “She was super vague.”

“She might have left a note in that book she gave you,” Lemon hearts said helpfully.

Twilight grabbed the book out of her bag and examined it. Nothing was on the cover of the book, but there was a marked page. Twilight raised her eyebrow and opened the book.

“Hi, Twilight!” Moondancer’s voice rang from the book.

Twilight squeaked as she dropped the book. The little Moondancer illustration smiled smugly.

“Not so fun on the other side, huh, Twilight?” The book glowed and a mass of magic jumped from the book to a space beside Trixie and materialized to a near duplicate of Twilight aside from her color and the glasses and the black sweater.

“Hey, Moonie, you’re looking good!” Lyra said, “You finally got a new pair of glasses!”

Moondancer blushed, she had made some minor changes to her appearance for the convention. Along with the new pair of glasses,she had also gotten rid of her hair tie so her mane looked more like Twilight’s.

Moondancer stood straight up, “My name is Moondancer, and I’m a researcher in all matters of magic. Recently, I have mastered Haycarte’s Technique in magical mass conversion,” She adjusted her glasses as she looked to Twilight, “Impressed~?”

An awkward silence fell over the group for a minute. Moondancer looked around and saw Sunset and gasped.

“Sweet Celestia, You’re Sunset Shimmer aren't you?” Moondancer asked in awe, sidling up to Sunset.

“Um… yeah, that’s me…” Sunset replied

“Can I just say, your paper on Trans-Dimensional gateway theory was Amazing!”

Twilight looked to Sunset with an eyebrow raised. Sunset rubbed the back of her neck while blushing.

“Well…. Thank you for that, I was sort of obsessed with Dimensional gateways,”Sunset said while chuckling, “But further research has made that report out-dated, and more experimentation is needed to update it.”

Twilight coughed into her hoof, “Well, now that everypony’s here and has met each other. It’s time to show you girls your dorms”

“Ooh,” Minuette cheered, “How fancy! Dorms and everything!”

“Well this castle was made for the princess of friendship” Twilight said.

Twilight chuckled as she led all the Unicorns to their rooms. She called a light’s out once the unicorns got settled in. The next day was going to be a long one, and Twilight, being who she is, had planned every minute.

Author's Note:

And the first day is done and it closes this little arc of this story. I'm going to focus more on Kamen Rider Harmony and Big Sis Best Friend Forever for now.

There were a lot of people asking why certain characters weren't included in this little Uni-con and the simple answer is: this is more like a Sleepover than a proper convention. I've adressed this in the last few chapters and I hop I put the issue to rest.

Special thanks to Norm de Plume for the idea and help in writing the chapter.