• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 543 Views, 22 Comments

The Lost Sibling - Teotle



Nyx and Teolte are at it again, going on adventures with their friends and getting into trouble with Twilight and then some.

  • ...
3
 22
 543

First Day

Twilight, Nyx and Spike were sound asleep in bed for the night. However, Teotle sat wide awake on the window sill, just like he has for the past few weeks. Nyx use to try and get Teotle to go to sleep, but when he tried, he would just lay there. Now she just leaves him be. Teotle stared outside as if he would somehow see his sister walking in the streets of Ponyville.

Eventually, he decided to go downstairs and do some reading. He dragged his paw across the books as he read the titles. Nothing seemed good to him, until his eyes were caught by a bright blue book with a silver spine. The book was titled, "The Rise and Fall a Tyrant."

Teotle took the book off the shelf and walked over to the dinning room table to start reading. He checked the date and saw that it was just recently published in Canterlot. Teolte began the first chapter and realized what it was about.

The book was a documentary of the Crystal Empire. He heard stories of it when he was younger. He knew of King Sombra, his reign over the crystal ponies, and how he was defeated, but he never new the whole story word for word. This seemed like a good chance to find out the missing details.

He continued to read for what felt like hours. Eventually he reached the part where Twilight and her friends come in, and how Shining Armor and Princess Cadance are now in charge of defending the empire. He was amazed when he read about the part where Spike returned the Crystal heart and gave the citizens back their magic.

When he finally finished, he heard foot steps coming from the stairs. It was Spike, who had just come down for a glass of water. They both looked at each other.

"Teotle?" Spike asked. "What are yo doing up so late? School starts in two hours."

"I couldn't sleep." Teolte replied, scratching the back of his head before closing the book and putting it back on the self.

Spike gave a sigh and went to the sink to get his drink. After he took a few sips he took it up stairs and told Teotle, "Just make sure you can focus in class later."

"Can do." Teolte said, giving Spike a salute.

A few hours later.

Teotle and Nyx waked out of the door to the library, waving goodbye to Twilight as they walked to school for their first day of the semester. Nyx was excited to see Mrs Cheerilee and continue learning more about new things. Teolte, however, wasn't looking forward to the classwork that they'd be given on a daily basis.

When they finally arrived at the school house, Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetiebelle, and Twist were all standing outside, talking about what to try to find their cutiemarks. Nyx trotted over to them with Teolte running behind her.

"Good morning." Nyx said happily.

"Hey." Teolte added.

"Hey you guys." Applebloom said.

"Are you excited about today?" Asked Twist.

"Of course." Nyx replied. She then gave Teolte a nudge in the leg, telling him to at least pretend to be happy about school.

Teotle decided to play along and said, "Totally."

"Good." Said Mrs Cheerilee, who came up from behind them with the door key. "Because class starts soon and your classmates should be here soon."

Once Cheerilee unlocked the door, she led the students inside and gave them their assigned seats. She didn't want them to be all in one group, but they should at least be next to somepony they know.

Applebloom and Scootaloo were set up at the two desks by the window on the far side of the classroom. Sweetiebelle and Twist were given desks by the door outside.

Teotle was hoping to get a desk next to Nyx, but Cheerilee didn't want him to sit down at a desk until everypony else had arrived. She wanted him to introduce himself first.

Teotle frowned at this and asked, "What if all the desks next to Nyx are taken? I won't be able to sit with her then."

Cheerilee gave a sighed and said, "Twilight asked me to try and help you branch out a bit with your classmates. I think the best way to do that would be to not cling to Nyx during class."

Teotle looked at Nyx for support, but she only gave him an assuring nod of her head, saying that it will be alright. Cheerilee pulled up a stool next to her desk for him to sit and wait. He took a deep breath and took his seat.

Once the other students had arrived and gone to their assigned seats, Cheerilee announced, "Good morning, everypony. Welcome to your first day of school from summer break. As you may already know, we have a new student joining us today." She pointed a hoof at Teotle.

The students began to glare at Teotle, whispering to each other in secret. Many ponies in ponyville didn't really trust Teotle. Many of them believe that Teotle doesn't belong in Equestria, and that the princesses should send him away before he hurts somepony. To make matters worse, many of their children were sitting in that very classroom, thinking the same thing.

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" Cheerilee asked Teolte.

He gave a nod, got up from his stool and said, "Hello, my name is Teotle. I'm new to this whole school thing. I hope we can be friends."

The students continued to stare, as if Teotle's friendly introduction was some kind of venomous threat display.

Cheerilee continued, "Teotle is a bit old for this age group, and he has some catching up to do in his studies. I want all of you to give a warm welcome and help him to get settled in with us."

She sent Teotle to go to his desk in the back. As he walked down the rows of desk, however, he found himself surrounded by unwelcoming eyes. All of the students watched him with unease, He tried to look back at Cheerilee for help, but she was busy drawing the class assignment on the chalk board.

When Teotle sat down at his desk, the students looked back at the front of the classroom. Teotle couldn't relax, however, because he could still feel their scorn piercing his heart. He knew right there and then that he wouldn't make friends here.