• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 541 Views, 22 Comments

The Lost Sibling - Teotle



Nyx and Teolte are at it again, going on adventures with their friends and getting into trouble with Twilight and then some.

  • ...
3
 22
 541

Standing Trial

After the monsters were taken back to the Everfree Forest, the princesses ordered the royal guard to accompany the citizens back to their homes. Twilight and her friends arrived to Canterlot to try and help repair any damages caused by the invasion. When they finally finished recovering, they convened to the royal throne room, where they planned to decide what to do with Scarlet Rose.

After they were all gathered, Scarlet Rose stood before the princesses and said, "I know that what I've done is inexcusable. My sins will haunt me throughout the days of my life. I will accept any punishment you have for me."

"The princesses looked at each other and nodded in agreement. Celestia then said, "That will not be necessary."

Scarlet looked at them in confusion and asked, "What?"

"According to what Teotle told us before this our gathering here, you came into contact with traces of Shadowflame's power before committing the crimes you are accused of." answered Luna

"How?" Scarlet asked.

"Have you been anywhere near the wolf fortress?" Asked Cadance.

"Yes." Scarlet replied. "I went there to try and kill Teotle before the final battle in the arena, but by the time I got there, it was over, that's where I heard of our mother's death."

"We have obtained reports by the wolf scouts from your homeland that the remaining traces of Shadowflame's power, from Teotle's dismembered leg, had disappeared a short while after they used them to track him down to ponyville. Teotle believes that those trances somehow found their way to you while you were at the fortress." Said Celestia. "Did you find anything unusual while you were there?"

"Yeah, now that you mention it." Scarlet said, "I jumped one of the scouts who was on there way to consult with Sister Cut Throat. The had dark sphere in there saddle bags. It burned my paw when I pulled it out of the bag, and it evaporated in an instant."

The princesses looked back at each other, and then back at Scarlet. Celestia then said, "That's because it entered your body. That sphere was the traces from Teotle's missing leg. That would mean that you were being manipulated by Shadowfame's element of wrath. It would also explain how he was able to possess you."

Scarlet looked back at Teotle, who was standing next to Nyx and Twilight on the right side of the room. "Is this true?" She asked.

Teotle smiled and said, "Yes, which also means that everything you did to hurt everyone wasn't your fault. It was Shadowflame's doing."

"But it wasn't just him." Scarlet argued. "I made a deal with him in the Everfree Forest. He said he would help me..."

"Did you have his power inside you back then?" Teotle asked.

Scarlet nodded and said, "Yeah, but..."

"Then what's there to talk about?" Teotle interrupted. "Stop blaming yourself."

Scarlet looked around the room at everyone who had gathered in the throne room. They all had assuring faces, however, it did little to comfort her. She felt that it was her fault, the things she's done, the things she said, and yet they all say otherwise.

Celestia then gently said, "Scarlet, you have been through enough already. The death of your parents, being possessed my a dark evil, and almost losing your brother have been plenty of punishment for what you did. allow yourself to find peace, not just for your sake, but for Teotle's as well."

"How will I find peace?" Scarlet asked. "Where should I start?"

"Start by making a relationship with your brother." Luna replied "Try living near by and be there when he needs you."

Scarlet looked back at Teotle, who had an excited expression at the thought of having her live close by. She then said, "Ok, I'll start from there."

Teotle then gave a jump in the air and ran over to Scarlet to give her a high paw.

Shining Armor then walked over to Teotle and said, "By the way, I still didn't get an answer about you and Nyx joining the royal guard. Given the circumstance, and the things you two can do, I think they could really use you."

Teotle looked at Nyx to see what she thought, and with that, she said, "You know, that's actually not a bad idea. But, at the moment, our place it at ponyville. Can we have a raincheck on that offer, at least until we graduate school?"

Shining Armor gave an approving smile and answered, "Yeah, of course you should finish school."

"What do you think, Twilight?" Nyx asked.

Twilight was surprised to hear the idea of her daughter joining the royal guard, her mouth was still dropped from when the conversation began. She pushed her jaw back in place and said, "Yeah, lets wait a while before we make it official."