• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 541 Views, 22 Comments

The Lost Sibling - Teotle



Nyx and Teolte are at it again, going on adventures with their friends and getting into trouble with Twilight and then some.

  • ...
3
 22
 541

Settling In

All had been silent in Ponyville since the manticore attack. Nyx and Teotle's friends missed them as they went about their days. Twilight and Spike felt that the library was a little but empty without the running and laughter of Nyx and Teotle.

During the past few weeks they spent in the secret room, the young filly and cub studied, read stories to each other, and drew pictures in Teotle's sketch book. It wasn't much to work with, but they were entertained regardless.

One afternoon, a knock came from the door, but when it opened, it wasn't a staff member. It was Nyx's aunt and uncle, Cadance and Shining Armor. She smiled as she saw them walk in, ran to then and gave them both a big hug. Teotyle however, was dumbfounded. He hadn't met them yet due to the circumstances of trying to find his sister. He had heard of them and received letters, but had never seen them in person.

Nyx took notice to this and introduced them to Teotle. She then asked them, "What are you doing here?"

Cadance closed the door behind them and said, "Well, we heard of your plan from Twilight, and wanted to see how you were doing." She then looked at Teoltle and asked, "Who is this little guy? Is he Teotle?"

Nyx nodded and said, "Uh huh, that's him."

Teotle smiled and said, "Hi, nice to meat you."

"So..." Shining Armor said, Rubbing the top of Teotle's head. "Your the one Nyx told us so much about?"

"Yep." Teoltle said proudly.

"And your friends with Twilight and her friends?" Cadance asked.

Teotle's smile grew as he replied, "And then some. Me and Nyx are friends with the Cutiemark Crusaders."

"So we've heard." Said Shining Armor. By the way, we have something for you." Shining Armor was wearing a pair of saddle bags. He reached inside the left bag with his magic and pulled out a poorly wrapped present. When they opened it, they pulled out two crusader capes from their friends. when Nyx and Teotle took their capes, they found a note at the bottom of the box..

Nyx read it out loud, "Hey guys, it's Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo, and Twist. We hope your doing well at Canterlot and are not too bored. Twilight and the others miss you a lot. Cheerilee's class has been dull without you here. We've also been trying new ways to get our cutiemarks. We haven't gotten anywhere though. Hopfully, your capes will help you remember us. We even made one for Teotle to make him a crusader. Hope to see you soon. Your friends."

The letter made the two of them smile. They put on their capes and showed them off to Cadance and Shining Armor. "That's pretty cool." Said Cadance.

"Yeah." Shining Armor added. "Say, Teotle?"

Teotle turned to face him and asked, "Yes?"

"Twilight told me about how you and Nyx fought a manticore back in ponyville. Have you ever considered joining the royal guard?"

Teotle and Nyx looked at each other and then back at Shining Armor. "Why?" Teotle asked.

"Well..." Shining Armor replied. "I heard that Nyx's cutiemark represents how she is meant to protect the ponies around her, and you two have been training together to use your magic to fight. So why not join the academy for the royal guard?" With your kind of skill, you could graduate in just a few years."

"I don't know." Said Nyx. "How will anypony trust us after..."

"Pay no mind to that." Shining armor interjected. "I'm captain of the royal guard. I can pull some strings and call in a few favors."

"Shining..." Cadance protested with clenched teeth. "We didn't come here for that."

"It's ok." Teotle replied. "We'll think about it. Why did you come here though?"

"We're here to tell you whats been going on these past few days." Cadance answered. "its about your sister, Teotle. She's hasn't been spotted in over a week. No attacks on the citizens, no sightings of her presents, nothing. We have reason to believe she's planning something big."

"Like what?" Nyx asked.

"We don't know." Said Shining Armor. "Just be ready to be called out to action when it happens."

Just then, one of the staff members barged into the room with a disturbed look on her face. "Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, Celestia and Luna want you to bring the children to the throne room now."