• Published 12th Feb 2016
  • 16,132 Views, 55 Comments

Don't Leave Me... - MyLittleGeneration



Rainbow Dash has a nightmare that she fears might happen... And to her favorite person in all of Equestria... She then asks if he ever will...

  • ...
24
 55
 16,132

Don't...

A blue, night sky has cast over the land of Equestria as Princess Luna has risen the moon, and all couldn't wait to get a beautiful rest. The ponies in Ponyville went to their bedrooms at their home and slowly crawled to bed. After finally settling on their bed, they go to sleep, and their house was no longer lit with light, but with darkness.

Yet, only one house was lit, and it was in the sky. Above was a mansion, owned by a pegasus with a rainbow mane and blue fur, known as Rainbow Dash. She looked down, getting a final glimpse of Ponyville for tonight. It's been a long day for Dash, as she did some hard work. Even though most of the day was really spending time with someone else... Jacob.

Jacob was... well... he was a human. A human who managed to enter the world of ponies after accidentally falling into a well in the middle of the woods, or so he says. While Ponyville, where he ended up, was covered in fright, one pegasus saw him... cool. And that was her. As she spent some time with him, she learns a little more about the being, and who he really is.

He wasn't a 'monster from Tartarus', or 'Tirek's new form', or just simply a demon. He was just like them. But different. And she remembered how funny he was, how cool he was, how nice he was, and most importantly, how caring he was. Dash swears that she could easily hug the guy if she wanted to, but wasn't too much of that kind of girl.

But still, he showed respect for all of them. While they did grow on him steadily, she was still his best friend. And his pet. Er, not much of a 'pet', but more like someone to play with. She gave Tank belly rubs (even though he had a shell), petted him, and suddenly, she always wanted to know how it felt. Whether it really is super fun. As soon as she came up to Jacob, he'll always give her a pet, or a belly rub, or an ear scratch... And she loved it.

But, she had to stop lollygagging about Jacob and how much she cared about how awesome he was. She needed sleep after her weather duty immediately. She zoomed past the candle, the wind blowing it out, and she got onto her queen-sized bed. She leaped into the blanket, rested her head on the pillow, and drifted off into a deep sleep. She couldn't wait for a nice dream and get it over with, but...

Her dream was pretty unsettling...


She ended up in her dream, noticing that she has started in her home. She trotted outside to look down at Ponyville, which was live with ponies and commotion. She flew down there in a quickie, and thought about Jacob. She made a quick, sharp turn towards a familiar cottage where the roof was blue and had roses growing in the garden in front of the house. Jacob's house.

She stopped in front of his door, and knocked. She couldn't wait for another belly-rub, or pet, or just anything! She never thought that such a thing would be THAT good. His hands were so smooth and nice, and they felt so good on her. Stomach, behind the ear, her mane, and basically everything else. She actually felt... happy with him. And she never wanted him to leave.

Until suddenly, the door opens, and a figure was in the way. Not exactly the figure she expected to see. It was a figure of a stallion. He had brown fur, a five o'clock shadow, black hair, and bushy eyebrows. He had a sign in his hooves. "Uh... Hi?" Dash said, confused. "I'm not at the wrong house, am I?"

"What?" the stallion asked in a deep voice. "What house? Who?"

"Uh, Jacob. The human?"

"Oooooh." he said in realization. "Oh, don't worry, you're at the right place."

Dash raised a brow. "And... Where is he?"

"Oh, HIM?" the stallion asked. He softly chuckled. "That guy finally moved!" he answered happily.

Dash didn't take to happily. "WHAT?!"

"Yeah, can you believe it? He finally found a way to blow from here! I asked him one day, 'Hey, pal, did you just blow in from Stupid Town?' He never answered, the wuss." He smiled, and put up the sign on the door. "Well, guess he's going back to where he came." He whistled a merry tune, while Dash slowly stepped back, worried.

"What..." she said to herself softly. She witnessed the sign, which stated, 'For Sale'. "No... No, he's still here. He's gotta be still here!" She then thought deeply, then remembering what the stallion said. Something about finally finding a way out of here...

The stallion was still in plain sight. "Hey!" Dash yelled, getting his attention. "Where did he go?"

"That guy went to the Ponyville castle or something. Said to be some portal that was there to help travel to his 'other universe'. Wackier than Discord, if I say so, myself."

"The castle!" Dash said to herself. In immediate reaction, she spent no time blasting into the air, then heading straight to her destination. She soon blasted through the doors in quite a hurry. Twilight's castle had a few guards and crew, which Dash blew right past. She spent no time looking back. "Jacob... Don't leave..."

Soon enough, some chatter was heard.

"So, you're sure about this?" asked Twilight.

"Mmhmm." said a voice in which she recognized. It was a pretty deep, but very soft voice spoken by a male. A male human. Jacob.

"Really?" Twilight reassured.

"Yes." he said. "I'm sure about making my decision."

The voice echoed through the halls, and Dash tried to find where the portal room was. She looked to her left to see a big door. She blasted right towards it.

"Well, it was nice meeting-"

"STOOOOP!" yelled Dash from the other side of the door. She bursted through, almost taking the door off its hinges. She breathed heavily, catching her breath. She looked up to see two people: Twilight and Jacob.

She noticed the giant gizmo portal Twilight created one time to help enter the 'other world', which was said to have his kind. Jacob was at the very base, and just one step can take him to the other side, whatever that was. He looked at Dash, and while Dash thought he would have tears in his eyes from leaving such a place, he had the look like he was sure of his choice. And that worried Dash.

"Dash?" Twilight asked.

Dash ignored Twilight, and spoke to Jacob. "Jacob, stop! Don't go!" Dash told him, almost teary-eyed. "Why are you leaving?"

Jacob said, "Because I want to." In his dead tone, the words struck out to Dash. "Because nobody wants me here, so why bother?"

"What do you mean?" Dash questioned. She pointed a hoof to herself. "What am I?"

"You're Dash."

"And?"

"You're a friend."

Dash softly smiled. "There. Now-"

"My only friend." he backed up. "Even if some of your friends are nice to me, like Twilight here, for example, it doesn't get to me." HE shook his head. "Ever since I entered this place, I always wanted out. Besides, everyone hated me, everyone wanted me, the so-called 'demon', to leave forever. So why stay, only to get spit at more?"

Dash was having anxiety overcome her. She turned to Twilight. "Twilight, you're letting this happen?"

"Sorry, Dash," she said. "But... he wanted it to happen. So, I couldn't say no, cause he actually begged."

Dash's pupils shrank as she looked at Jacob. "Begged? You... really want to leave?"

He nodded. "Yes. I'm sorry, Dash." He turned to face the portal. "Goodbye."

"Wait, Jacob!" she yelled, before he leaped through the portal. "No! Don't go! Don't... Don't leave me!!!"


"AAH!!!" Dash jerked her head up, breathing heavily. She looked around, noticing her surroundings. Her desk, Wonderbolt posters, and her dresser. She calmed down, realizing she was in her room, which meant that it was only a dream. Still, didn't help her out that much.

She was sweating, had tears slightly breaking past her eyes, and her heart was still pumping loudly. After that, she was NOT alright. She got off of her bed, holding her head. She rubbed her temples, trying to loosen up her tense. "What a nightmare..." she said to herself, feeling like crap. She had a sudden flash of the nightmare appear in her head. "Ah!" she screamed, feeling a sense of crying again.

She walked over to her window, looking down at the village of Ponyville, lights blown out. She sighed and looked towards a familiar cottage she went to in her dream. What surprised her, was that there was a single light. Not too bright, though not too dim. She had another flash of the nightmare appear. "Gah!" she yelped, wincing in pain. She looked down at the house. "Maybe... Maybe he wouldn't mind, right?"

She got out of her mansion, flying down towards the house. The bitter wind chill of the cold night nearly froze her, but she kept going. She finally approached the door, firmly landing on the soft grass in front of the door. She held up a hoof, and took a deep breath.

She knocked the door.

Knock! Knock!

She heard a noise, like as if someone just got out of bed. Steps on an oakwood floor were inching closer and closer to the door, until it slowly opened. A head peeked out. "Who's there?" the voice said tiredly. The figure opened the door all the way, and stood six feet tall, rubbing his eyes with his hands. Jacob...

Dash softly smiled, and a couple of tears lurked out. In immediate reaction, she jumped on Jacob. "Woah!" the young man said as he was tackled by the cuddly, rainbow-maned pegasus. The colorful mare was on his chest, arms around his neck.

"You're still here!" she exclaimed. Dash was crying tears of joy, while Jacob had a raised brow.

"Well, hehe, yeah, I'm still here." Jacob said, petting her mane. "What made you think I wasn't?"

Dash's eyes widened. "Oh..." She got her head off his chest, and looked at him in the eyes. "Well... you see... I..." She had quivering lip. "Is it alright if I slept by you tonight?"

"Well, uh, sure." Jacob said, surprised. "But why?"

Dash quickly answered, "Just had a nightmare." She looked away.

"Alright..." He stood up as Dash got off of him, and moved to his bedroom. His large queen-sized bed was open for the taking, and Dash happily hopped on it. She curled herself up with the blanket.

"Awesome!" she said in a cute, high-pitched voice. "Alright, let's just blow this over, kay?"

"Wait." Jacob said, making Dash freeze where she was. "Dash... What's up?"

"Hehe... What do you mean?" she said nervously.

"Well, you just seem very uptight, and considering you said it was a nightmare, and also with the fact that such a tough mare like you wants to cuddle with me for the night because of it, something's up." He sat beside Dash. "Dash, what's wrong? What happened?" he asked in the calmest tone.

The man could easily notice the tears starting to build up as Dash couldn't take it. Her lip quivered more, her arms shook, and that worried Jacob. She instantly threw her hooves around his neck and put her head on his shoulder, sobbing intensely. She cried deeply, which soaked Jacob's shirt, which he didn't mind, considering he was going to take it off anyways. He put his gentle hand on the back of her head, but she still bawled. "Jacob, don't... don't leave me!"

"What?" the young man questioned.

"Don't *sniff* leave me." she said once more. Jacob couldn't help but be confused.

"Leave you?" he asked. "What do you mean? I-I wasn't going to leave."

He heard Dash sniffle a bit, and he stroked her mane. "Really?"

"Yeah." he answered. "I don't know what made you thought-" He paused. "Wait, this has to do with the nightmare... isn't it?"

"Yes..." she said softly. She rubbed her head on the side of his cheek. "I-I started getting worried, a-and y-you were about t-to leave me and E-Equestria." She sobbed some more.

"Shh, shh, take your time." he said calmly, making Dash catch herself. He slowly stroked her mane. "Shh..."

"Well... I just had this dream that since everypony here hated you, you... you wanted to leave... And in it, you said you were going to leave me forever because of that..."

"Dash," he said. The pegasus' eyes were widened, and Jacob held her in front of him. He held her under the arms, and looked at her. "I'm never going to leave this place."

She sniffled one more time. "Really? Never?"

"Never." he reassured. "Even if everyone hates me with their guts, I still have you." This brought a soft smile to Dash. "And I know everyone will warm up to me, eventually. So please, don't think that ever again. I'll never leave you behind."

He brought the cyan-blue mare close to his chest, and she nuzzled her head against it. He reached a finger behind the ear and scratched it a bit, making Dash feel better. "Okay..." she finally said. "It's just-"

"A nightmare." he interrupted. "I understand. I had a feeling somepony might be scared of me leaving this place, cause I already know of the portal."

"Really?"

"Yeah, ever since I got here." he said. "I actually felt like maybe I could escape from here, but after meeting you, being so kind and awesome... I think I'm never gonna leave."

"Good." Dash said, wrapping her hooves around his neck, once more. "I don't want to lose you."

"Same here." he said, petting her. He laid back, resting his head on the pillow. Dash went beside him, and snuggled beneath the covers. Jacob got close and hugged her softly, letting Dash snuggle under his chin. She let out a little yawn, and slept comfortably. Jacob, though, was still up. While Dash lightly snored, Jacob smiled.

"I'm never leaving your side..."

Author's Note:

A nice little one-shot. I found the art and thought it was ridiculously cute, so I made a story out of it! :rainbowkiss: Hope you all loved it!

Comments ( 55 )

Wow the feels man nice job! on it Gen very good loved it you just keep writing man you're a great writer!

A nice lil bit of love. Well done.

This Is Such A Great Feel Good Story!

Cute little story.

So adorable! This is an amazing story I loved it! :pinkiehappy: :heart:

Yep, still cute!

Honey? Please don't take this the wrong way, but this story has a ridiculous amount of room for improvement.

Like, well done on hitting the feature box, you're certainly improving compared to your previous efforts, but still!

Your tenses fade in and out like my chocolate cravings, the wording in so much of this is - too put it delicately - cringe-worthy to the extreme, and it is generally just bad. Sorry for not going into detail but I'm not your editor, and I am far too tired to bother. The mere fact that I am writing a comment is more out of a deep-seated belief in the fact that if I don't tell you that you're bad, who the fuck will?

Compared to your earlier work you're improving, but you've got one helluva long road before you get to publishing level. Really, publishing level should be a bare minimum here! I mean, have you read Allegiant? That pile of crap should have never seen the light of day, let alone a fucking bestseller list! I mean, 3.5/5 on Goodreads? FOR THAT BORING, LIFELESS UNIMAGINATIVE CRAP? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Long story short: Get a fucking editor, read the FIMFiction writing guide and for Celestia's sake change your short bio. Just because you like what you've written doesn't mean it's not terrible. I, for example, like to doodle I also like the pictures I create, despite being so bad I could make the DeviantArt website itself weep tears of blood should I subject it to my shit. You are not nearly this bad, of course, but you still need to fucking re-read and edit! Read it out loud, try to get a Rage Review on your story (oh lordy do you need one! They go into so much detail, and they'll really pinpoint the issues in your story better than any friend or pre-reader who doesn't want to piss you off), make a blood sacrifice to Aragon if it helps! Just do something to fix it!

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I am on my FUCKING PERIOD and have only just stopped sobbing my eyes out for reasons I can't adequately explain. Please excuse any excess venom present in this comment.

Dashie has hooves so how can her arms shake?

Comment posted by TheChaoticSpartan deleted Mar 6th, 2016

6931382 It's possible to offer constructive criticism without being unpleasant about it. And you might want to rethink your excuse for being unpleasant, because you're basically implying that half the population becomes unable to control their emotions once a month. I thought we were past that as a society.

As for the story itself, it was pretty basic, and yes, there's room for improvement. There's always room for improvement. An editor is never a bad thing. That said, I rather liked the twist that there had been a portal the entire time, and Jacob knew about it, and chose not to use it.

6931382

This kind of criticism is needed. Just with less story bashing and harsh words xD

6931703
Sorry if I sounded kinda harsh! Really, you have improved a lot, and reaching the feature box is one hell of an achievement. Well done!

Still, I stand by what I said earlier. Your stories could definitely use some work. Hell, I am more than willing to help, provided actual real life stuff doesn't barge in and scream "GET OFF YOUR ASS AND FINISH A METRIC SHITTON OF WORK BEFORE NEXT TUESDAY OR YOUR BUTT IS TOAST YOU LITTLE WHIPPERSNAPPER! NOW DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY!"

Good luck!

Awesome job man! You're such an awesome writer dude. It's a real talent.

6931382 Troll comment is troll. 5/10.

6934469 Getting featured really isn't an achievement, considering the schlock that's been featured (Displaced "fics", jussonic, my little dashie).

6931382
6933324
6934349
6933769
6999499
Did nobody read the 'sorry for excess venom because I just finished crying my eyes out'
Damn people, grow up. Yeah, it's not perfect (I haven't even read it, but I can tell from the comments' but I'm sure MLG but some effort into it, we're not all natural born grammar nazis.
Yes, she was a bit grumpy with the review, but she had solid points, and she wasn't bashing on the story as much as the bullshit that gets good ratings in the real world (within which exists just as many badfics and mary sues as this here fanfiction hell)
yeah, MLG could use some work, you don't have to be an asshole about it.

This is a place for the worship of ponies in the literary form,
you'd think we'd have some humility and grace because of that.

And using stuff like 'Honey?' is what women do to catch us off guard
it's also a manifestation of one's desire to not hurt, but offer constructive criticism, granted if it's in a bit of a harsh way.

past what as a society?
Have you met society? we're not past anything. in fact, I think we've been stagnant for a long time. if I cannot cuss out someone for being an empty headed numpty without being called 'racist' because they've decided to abuse the fact that their ancestors (or not even their ancestors, just people who lived in the 16-1800s and were black)
were mistreated, a mistreatment that has been fixed.

and did you just call MLD schlock?
MLD?
My
Little
Dashie.

that's just wrong, wrong on so many levels. as someone who balled their eyes out after reading that, I am saying that, that is just wrong. condemnably so. (that's not a word? it is now)

maybe I should now go into how we have all been personally attacking everyone else, and fimfics rules are getting way too harsh, while the community continues to degrade into absolute cancer.

7002118

I'm amused by your view over people simply telling you to listen to critique. Yes it may be harsh, but doesn't mean you have to get into a fit about it.

7002118 My little dashie is whiny schlock. The protagonist is a bitchy posted boy for First World Problems. Everything handed to him on a platter, cozy, safe little life, and he's still a whiny Manchild. I know people say Past Sins is emblematic of what's wrong with fandom, but it's "stories" like these that prove stereotypes about the fanfiction.

7002359 Past sins is awesome.
I am so confused.
:rainbowwild:
and eh. that's life, not everything can be perfect.
and first world manchildren are rather popular.

7002391 Evidently, you don't know what First World Problems mean. Go Google it, then come back.

7002118

past what as a society?

Past the idea that women can't control themselves because menstruation makes them emotional.

7002454 no, I know.
at some point in life I just stopped caring.

anyways, let's pretend to care, shall we?
no.

*pokes*
it means worrying about problems first world people have. like paying the cellphone bill, or having slow as fuck internet,
instead of say, third world problems, like not being able to get food or water.

7002631
Of course they can - which is why I was so surprised to see that you think they can't.

7002712 I don't think that.
either that was a sarcastic comment that made you think that,
or you misread where I mentioned that she said that she had just cried her eyes out.
y'know, this is a rather pointless discussion.

7002629 That being said, your defense of a "story" starring a whiny bitch does come off as rather pointless.

7002841 the point is in the case.
the point is to defend it.
why? to defend it in the defense of defending the defended story that will have a defense.
capiche?

7002118
Actually no I didn't. As a matter of fact, I didn't even post that comment. I didn't even type that. Must've been one of my friends or brothers. Sorry for the comment that was sent to you but I promise you, that was not me. Now if that was me, I'd probably say: "That was a bit much." Then again I've got nosy fucking friends and brothers. So for the comment that they possibly posted, my apologies. Hope I have your forgivness.

7005266 is cool, thanks for the follow.
I shall now judge the in a much more nuetral light.
:rainbowwild:

Adorable^^ though i wish i could have seen a more detailed belly rub ????

the feels man! the FEELS!!!!!:flutterrage:
i like it!:moustache:
:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

I always love a story with a good heartwarming snuggle in it. Good job.:raritystarry:

Adorable as all heck, nicely done!
Rainbow, I shall never leave!

Nice going.

6931392 Don't you mean she has...fourlegs?:rainbowdetermined2:

Twilight and Jacob.

If this was purely accidental, it was genius. If not, it's still genius :rainbowlaugh:

Ialmostcried! This was sooo sad...:raritycry:

A nice and enjoyable quick read.
I enjoyed the story twist when Jacob revealed that he new about the portal... but stayed for Rainbow. Now, there's love, caring, and friendship. ?

Awww this was so cute! :twilightsmile:

I liked this It's sweet :twilightsmile:

This is adorable. I love it. :twilightsmile:

Might as well keep this going :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment