• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 241 Views, 0 Comments

The Unexpected Star of Los Pegasus - TheSouthernBrony



This is the story of a young earth pony named Projector, and how he achieved stardom in the City of Wings

  • ...
 0
 241

Chapter 1

Vanhoover, Northern Equestria, 1004 ABNM


It was the early morning hours, and a light snow fell over Vanhoover.

Most ponies would either still be in bed or had just gotten up, but Projector didn't have such luxury, as he needed to get the newly released movies to the local theaters.

Putting the last of the reels onto the cart he used for deliveries, Projector wiped a bit of sweat from his forehead.


Taking a short break, Projector took a look around his home- a room on the second floor of a apartment complex near downtown Vanhoover.



The apartment wasn't anything special, with the carpets being slightly stained, a kitchen with basic tools, and essentially everything in the apartment was cheap.


As for Projector, well, he himself may not have seemed too remarkable at first, with his hazel brown eyes, yellow body, mane, and tail, plus his film projector cutie mark, and the fact that he was a earth pony.


Taking a deep breath, Projector commented out loud, " alright, let's go make our delivery".


Five minutes later, Projector was out in the snow, wearing a red scarf and brown winter coat along with a dark blue beanie, making his way down the street at a steady jog. For the next hour, he took the film reels to the different theaters across town, each owner giving him a small bag of bits and a "thank you".


At last, he reached the final stop on his trip, Vanhoover Cinemas, home of the Vanhoover Grand festival and, coincidentally , where Projector had his first job.


Stopping at the back entrance, exhausted and out of breath, Projector stood at the door and began to pant heavily.


"Come on, Projector, just one last delivery, and you'll be done for today," he said to himself, his words exasperated with his heavy breathing.

A few minutes passed and having recovered enough, Projector knocked on the door, taking a step back after it swung wide open, revealing a red stallion in glasses, wearing a blue dress jacket and a red bowtie.

"Ah, Projector, here with today's delivery, I see. It's mighty chilly out here, please do come on in," the stallion stated, his tone sounding slightly annoyed.


"Thank you Mr. Producer", Projector replied, relieved that he could now take off his heavy clothing and cool off.


The two made their way to the film vault, and Mr. Producer motioned to one of the medium level shelves, saying, " place the reels over there, please".


"Yes, Sir", Projector replied, placing the reels in a neat row on the shelf.


Minutes later, Projector was outside and on his way home, the snowfall turning heavy, when a mysterious figure approached him.


" Hello, Projector, my old friend", a male voice called out to him.


"w-who are you", Projector asked, placing his hoof over his eyes in an attempt to make out the unknown male figure.


The figure chuckled and replied, " Projector, don't you remember me", he moved forward, revealing his actual form, "it's me, Finalcus, your old friend".