• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 1,296 Views, 35 Comments

Day of Coronation - CeresBane



Trixie the 69th vs Princess Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
5
 35
 1,296

Revenge

Moments before Twilight had already gone into a dive. Her horn a aglow with power raging at her will. Her eyes were wide and pupils narrow, though not to such an extent as to form reptilian slits. But there was a coldness to them, a remorselessness, a murderousness that would make any Solaris's blood run cold. And a Lunarian's frozen stiff. In her mind Twilight only had one word screaming in her mind. It echoed so loud that it filtered out every previous notion she held, every sentiment she remembered and all safeguards that controlled her power.

Die

Twilight having the advantage of terminal velocity she made a mockery of whatever Trixie attempted. Breaking through Trixie's green changeling barrier she split the green flames surrounding the filly and impacted epicly upon the ground. In burst of pure white energy, the ground lit up in a white flash, incinerating the land with white hot flame. A grin formed on Twilight mouth. She chuckled and chortled at first. And then burst out into a mad cackle, her will fanning the flames skyward into a great white pillar.

No pony felt safe as the madness of Twilight's laughter echoed across the land.

Trixie was exhausted from the effort of transformation. At any normal time she would have gave herself a few moments to recover her magic energy before attempting to go on the offensive. But Twilight, admittedly, taunted her. She had poured a lot of what she had left into that barrier spell. She had intended to use it to impact upon Twilight and burn her with a burst of changeling flame. However Twilight was simply too powerful. It had only been miraculous instinct that saved her there. Using what tiny reserves she had left, Trixie teleported out of Twilight's dive and rid the resulting shockwave to glide a safe distance. If you called being flung out and landing face first into the dirt anything close to gliding, that is.

Her face was sore, her head was spinning and it hurt to move but Trixie was alive. Her horn began to glow but nothing notable came out. Barely a spark of magic to spare. Experimentally Trixie flit her wings. They buzzed and spluttered in a sluggish response but given a few moments of practice they began to work properly. It hurt worth a wince but she could definitely fly if she needed to. With no magic to protect her, she needed everything she had to survive that.

Trixie clutched the gem that had been passed down between Trixies for generation. In a wan light it had began to glow, as if reacting to Twilight's immense power. With a resolute nod, Trixie surmised that the great and powerful one knew what she intended. And so she ran charging head long towards the eye of the fire storm.

Twilight floated at the eye of the storm, rising several hoofs in the air looking down upon the masses below. The maelstrom of fire occasionally spat out flares of flame out into the distance, burning great scars onto the ground. Ponies from both the empire and the republic flinched back at the raining fires as with increasing frequency they began to intrude upon the boundaries of the battlefield. And then she saw her. That abomination, that changling foal. Flashes of memory came onto Twilight all at once, filling her with such hate. For a moment she lost control of her magical fire as they span and sprinkled bullets of fire in a relentless shower.

Regaining her focus once more, Twilight focused everything into one... thing.

---

Trixie had just barely dodged the shower of flame as they came at her from every angle. But because of her great, speed, reflexes and immense talent for patterns, she escaped the bullet hell grazing only a few minor burns on her flank and hoofs. Okay this might have been a stupid idea. Thought Trixie as she continued to run towards the swirling flames despite herself.

"You!" Trixie gulped. Twilight finally noticed her approach.

"You killed my sister and cursed my brother to a pathetic existence. You murdered my family and you ruined Equestria!" Twilight spoke as she channeled the will of her words into the flames, homing in on the changeling that buzzed about across the ground, dashing and galloping at impossible speeds. Ever so slowly she was surely getting closer to hitting her.

---

Twilight was no where near close to hitting her, but she was sure Twilight didn't know that. Trixie continued to dodge and weave as she mixed in between galloping and flying, occasionally switching between one of the two or doing a bit of both. It depended on the kind of manoeuvre she was trying. Predicting a bout of flame coming towards her front, Trixie landed swiftly on her legs to turn and burst her wings with speed to propel her gallop in the new direction to dodge.

---

"Die you changeling scum! I will destroy every single one of you one by one." No mercy. This was not a foal, not a pony to look to with a bright future ahead. Nay this was a monster that needed to die. A loveless creature that did nothing but reap the happiness of others.

---

Trixie was glad. Now she will have the satisfaction of besting her foe at her best. There will be no excuses or tricks now. her vengeance will be complete when she proves to the world that Trixie is indeed great and powerful. Her wings ached, her legs were screaming in pain and her breathe was like fire in her lungs. She was alive, more alive than she had in her life. The rush of true battle, the feel of real danger, this is what she was born for! Trixie was born to defeat Twilight Sparkle!

Magic had returned to her horn and with as much as she could gather, she summoned a healing spell to ease the pain of her body. She banished much of fatigue, most the burn had turned to bruises and shredded muscles felt mended. Not as completely as she would have ideally wished, but it would have to do. Still fleeing and galloping Trixie took the air and rose to great heights in the sky. Try as they might Trixie made a fool of Twilight's flames trying to reach her in the highly turbulent air.

Now safe from Twilight's magic Trixie for the first time in this bout of fighting, she turned to face her foe.

"Your brother you say? I've heard the story. That is not family! That is a rock!" Trixie's voice carried across for miles, magically amplified with her slowly recovering magic. There was no way Twilight could ignore her.

"You will never understand all of my hate and pain. All of which was caused by you." Trixie removed her hat and cloak, letting the fabric ride the westerly wind. In her hoof was the gem that she wore around her neck. The Trixie family heirloom was on her hoofs and with an absent minded chuck the rock was given away for gravity to have.

Twilight could not let that insult be tolerated. There was no love left in her. Only burning hate. The fires of her hate focusing from a wild maelstrom to a series of wide molten silver rings, burning with her magic. They orbited around her as Twilight's wings flitted skywards, slowly making Twilight ascend. Trixie merely waited, mocking Twilight with her indifferent action. Doubting Twilight's power, challenging it to reach out and kill her.

Trixie was within range of Twilight's spells. That much was clear, with the way the faux-princess grinned towards her with such grim confidence, it was a certainty. Those merciless murderous eyes of hers taunting her with excited anticipation. At any moment Twilight was ready to attack. And her first move was to let the flames explode out into hundreds of fiery arrows, all of which homing on Trixie.

However with the turbulent winds flowing about randomly, much of the flames struggled to fly properly often times going wide or slowing down or out rightly going out. When Twilight saw the smile on foals face, she only grew madder as she charged towards the child.

But then storm clouds began to brew about her. They came out so rapidly and expanded with such speed as to block out the sun into an artificial night. Twilight was too slow to have caught her with any spells and now found herself retreating with useless wings that propelled her slowly and left her to the mercies of the elements with little power to fight against. It took all her might to merely retreat and resist the winds blowing her westward into the ever expanding night sky. That dark sunless sky. The sky she feared, for in there was death.

Lightning crackled and thunder rolled as Trixie willed the darkness to follow her lead. To follow her towards the rising sun and engulf it's light in darkness. As the storm grew, lightning flashed more frequently, the wind blowing more violently and Twilight's anger turning more and more into fear and panic.

Desperately Twilight fired off explosions in the air, great flash bangs of light to illuminate the darkness. But they were useless, as with each cloud she destroyed more came to replace it. Soon it had gotten to the point where she could barely afford to attack uselessly and merely concentrated all her magic on retreating back in teleportation knowing that she could not fly anywhere near quick enough to escape the darkness. Soon, even that was waning. Her magic at their limits she galloped upon the ground and fleeing towards the imperial camp.

"Fire!" Celestia was the one to speak. And with a great volley of crossbows and bolts of magic, the advancing darkness halted just short of crossbow range. Trixie however was well within harm's way. Mixing in kinetic waves in her evasive manoeuvres Trixie made short work of the attack that came to her. However the attack was relentless and it was impossible to stay alive forever in that kill zone.

The night side jeered and booed at the celestial ponies. And Trixie in her frustration retreated just out of range for her spells to reach Twilight. However in the darkness she was free from the army of the day.

Twilight stood in the middle of the kill zone. Trixie was on the edge. They eyed each other with hate and contempt and silently agreed.

No more games.