• Published 29th Jan 2016
  • 1,730 Views, 1,533 Comments

The Last Cutie Mark Crusader - Jatheus



Equestria is at war. The land is plagued by an unending horde of timberwolves that pour out of the Everfree Forest. Cities have fallen, and it seems everypony is powerless to end the slaughter. Scootaloo was one of the first to enlist...

  • ...
14
 1,533
 1,730

PreviousChapters Next
21 - Discovery, Part 2 of 7

Scootaloo ran through the night. No small amount of turmoil had just been stirred up inside her, and she felt the need to flee. Her hooves thundered against the ground as she galloped in no particular direction. She just had to get away. She was in total disbelief at what had just happened. Cloud Blazer had been her friend for years, and she’d always liked him. But love? That kind of love? It had never crossed her mind, at least, not in a serious way.

She found herself drawing near Twilight’s castle before the panic began to abate. What had happened? How did she get here? She stared at the stone exterior of the structure as her thoughts became a jumble of random memories. They began to take focus on Cloud Blazer. She’d been caught completely off guard by his feelings for her. It just didn’t make any sense. One thing was certain: she did not have romantic feelings for him.

Scootaloo felt herself sigh. The coolness of the night was peaceful. She was more comfortable now that she was alone, and her mind tried to work through the problem. They had always been friends, that wouldn’t change. Somehow, she felt as if it already had. The mare hoped she hadn’t been too abrupt with him, but she hadn’t been at all sure how to react. It wasn’t exactly a common occurrence for a stallion to confess their undying love to her. In fact, that was the first time it had happened.

She kicked at the earth beneath her hooves as she thought. She stood, staring at the castle for a time. When no answers seemed likely to come, she decided to continue on toward Sweet Apple Acres. Perhaps the impromptu party would get her mind off of this for a little while. Her hooves felt like they had lead weights inside as she began walking. Even in the dim light of that hospital room, she’d seen the look on his face. He was crushed, and it was her fault. Somewhere inside, she wished she could have returned his affection. It would have been worth it, if for no other reason than to not hurt him.

Scootaloo heard the party before she saw it. There was already music blasting into the night, and so many ponies had come that they had spilled out and were surrounding the barn. Finding Sparklefly could prove challenging in the celebration. The mare walked through the crowd, trying to lose herself in the jubilation. It didn’t get her mind off of things. For some reason, she felt alone. She would have to find some way to bury the feeling.

PreviousChapters Next