• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 3,606 Views, 1,780 Comments

Lifegiver - Meep the Changeling



Azur Lily, a young biomancy prodigy from Germaney, seeks to start a new life in Equestria.

  • ...
8
 1,780
 3,606

1 Wings

Author's Note:

This story takes place in an AU. Here is a brief explanation of how this AU works, should you care to read it. It is not necessary to read this to enjoy the story, this is simply a convenience for readers.

Lifegiver is brought to you by the contributions of these generous donors.

Azur Lily - 12th of Solarus ‘15 EoH - Afternoon

I’m sure a lot of ponies would love to live in a fancy palace. An opulent collection of finery, all arranged perfectly by some professional designer to create the perfectly aesthetically pleasing interior. Every surface and wall covered with gold, silk, hoof carved mahogany, and the best money can buy.

Buck that. I’d rather not be reminded every single day of my colthood. I’ve heard of veterans unable to enjoy camping in the woods because every cedar forest gives them flashbacks. Fancy homes are the same for me.

A friend of mine once told me it’s not fair to say living with my father was as bad as living through a war. He changed his mind after I reminded him that I’d been set on fire as a punishment. My father was the type to maintain the family image with a topaz hoof.

No, not an iron hoof. Iron is far softer than topaz.

Princess Twilight understood why I had to stop staying in her place. It only took me telling her about my sixteenth birthday, then explaining that high-society decor made me extremely uncomfortable. Even though there was an offer to ‘de-opulent’ the room I was using, she understood that I still had to leave since the others still remained.

Princess Twilight is one of the most understanding ponies I know. I’d already gotten my immigration papers fast-tracked through by Celestia’s hoof, but after explaining that to Twilight, she had drawn me up a home owners permit on the spot. She even was a little upset I hadn’t mentioned I was uncomfortable sooner.

I’d said my ‘not-goodbye I’m moving elsewhere in this small almost-city’ to Jade and David only hours ago. It felt much longer than that. By Faust’s left fetlock, Ponyville’s real estate market was crazy!

There were a hundred and twenty five separate laws relating to owning a home in Ponyville. Apparently the entire fiefdom is a historic preserve, sort of like a living museum, but only for architecture. Everything about the place has to retain that late Classical Era look.

It was more than just having to have your home thatched, with wattle and daub walls, and single pane hoof made windows. There were restrictions on how you could keep your yard, what outbuildings were allowed, how to properly disguise radio and television antennae. Even what spells you could use to enhance your home had rules!

Before you could buy a home in Ponyville, you had to pass a test proving you read all of the regulations. Why? Because Celestia is very firm about keeping her hometown familiar to herself.

I can accept that reasoning. If I was around four thousand years old, I’d want someplace familiar to go to when advancing tech just became too much for me too.

Honestly, if Jade and David weren't already going to be staying with Twilight for the next few years while Jade dealt with politics, I’d probably try to find a home in Manehattan rather than put up with this pile of horseapples.

What made it total ponyfeathers is that most of the rules were common sense. Then, out of nowhere, something along the lines of ‘All doorways must be precisely 2.2 meters tall’. Those throw you for a curveball.

There’s only so long that I can slog through rules and regulations before I start to go cross eyed. While I definitely did want to get a home here, there was no way under normal or arcane physics that I was going to be able to learn this in just one day. Why can’t bureaucrats write legal statements in the same format as Scientific Proofs? They’re both Laws!

In college, whenever I couldn’t simply finish something over the course of the day, I split it up over two or three days for the sake of sanity. The time between memorization of that stuff was filled with doing fun stuff, and food. Since I hadn’t eaten yet today, and it was about three hours past noon, I felt like a bite to eat.

I’d done my fair share of traveling even before coming to Equestria. There is an unwritten rule of finding a place to eat in a town you are visiting. A simple three step procedure which will always get you the best place for the sort of thing you want to eat.

First, locate a local restaurant that looks a bit sub-par, in this case it was a place called the ‘Hay Burger’. Second, find a local, in this case a brown and lighter brown earth pony stallion with an hourglass cutiemark. Third, lie about food you had at that local restaurant while using your accent to your advantage.

“Hallo!” I greeted, giving the stallion a cheerful wave, “I just had the best salad at the Hay Burger, but my Equish is nicht sehr gut. Could you tell me what it’s called so I can order it again?”

The stallion looked up from the uh… Science device he had been using and gave me a smile, “Trying the old ‘rile up the foodies’ restaurant finding trick?” He asked with a chuckle.

“Uh, well, ja…” I admitted with an embarrassed blush. I’d never had that fail before, “I’m guessing you’ve-”

“I’ve been everywhere. You’re Germane if I’m not mistaken, you’ll be wanting the Quesadilla Shack. Small place on Spur Street. It’s not far, and they’ll have food you can digest that won’t cost a leg and a leg.” He informed turning back to his, science thing.

As curious as I was about the humming mass of brass gears and glass, I was too hungry to care very much.

“Danke schön.” I thanked heading off the street that conveniently crossed the one I happened to be on.

Well, that old trick had technically still worked. Still felt like a fail to me though.

Trotting down the street I took some time to take in the scenery. Sure, I’d been in Ponyville for a week now, but most of that was filled with immigration papers, getting a spellcaster's license, long boring talks about general laws… And when that wasn’t happening I’d been out with my friends, meaning I’d been talking to them and focused on social interaction. This was the first chance I had to be alone in Ponyville, the first chance to truly take in the sights.

Ponyville was exactly what the tour guides and encyclopedias I had read in Germaney said Equestria was. It was a preserved patch of the old world, looking almost entirely tech-free and arcana-free. It honestly felt like I was back in Stalliongrad, only everypony was happy, nopony was starving because of government incompetence, and if you went inside you could find all the modern conveniences.

It had blown my mind to learn that all Ponyville homes come standard with a suite of enchantments to keep them comfortable. I’d thought the buildings were literally ancient structures, but no! The wattle and daub walls hide fine silver wire and crystals to pick up ambient thaumaturgical current, and simple control boxes inside let the owners keep the interiors as warm, cold, dry, or wet as they liked.

I’d thought mage-lights would be rare, but Equestria pleasantly surprised me with most homes having radios and televisions. It was neat. I’d thought I’d be missing the modern comforts, but they all were. They just were made to look like ancient world things for aesthetic purposes.

I liked it. Cobble streets are much more cheerful looking than concrete slabs, but I enjoy a hot shower too much to be willing to part with them just for cobbled roads.

The ponies here were much nicer over all too. You couldn’t make it more than a dozen yards without somepony saying hello, even if they were just passing by. The tour guide was wrong about Equestrians, they were not ‘a friendly people’, they were ‘maximally friendly people’.

Equestrians: Not your everyday friendly, but rather, Advanced Friendly.

So friendly even, that they understood personal space was a thing, and limited their friendliness to hellos, advice, and conversations in public spaces.

Unlike the Prench, who apparently think ‘friendship’ means ‘incessantly talk to you at such a close distance you swear they are somehow phazing inside your head’. Never go to Prance for a particular spellbook, just put out an order for it…

Another thing I liked about Equestria, or at least Ponyville, was the effort they put into making public buildings look unique. Every single restaurant, shop, or other public space had it’s own unique architectural twist.

That was nice! Extra homey feeling. Like real people lived here, each with unique preferences. Not like the uniformly ‘classy’ nobles homes and government buildings.

The Quesadilla Shack, was not exactly what I had expected. It sat at the end of Spur Street, which was not a cul de sac, but just the simple end of the street, because the Quesadilla Shack was built beneath an old stone bridge that the street would have once simply passed under.

The building itself used the bridge’s bottom arch as it’s roof, and had a nice wood-plank wall to cover up the bridge’s throughway, which turned it into a little room where the kitchen was. There wasn’t any interior dining, there wouldn’t be space for any. Instead, large orange canvas tarps had been set up with one side attached to the bridge, and the other sides attached to a wooden frame to make a large covered area for dining out of the end of the street.

The wall had a single window in it, and the somewhat busy crowd of ponies were either giving orders to a griffon of all creatures, eating at tables under the ‘roof’, or getting drinks from a wooden rack holding three kegs helpfully labeled as ‘beer’, ‘orange cream’, and ‘unknown but not poisonous’. Despite the dubious keg, and what I presumed was a gruff at the minimum waitress, the Quesadilla Shack seemed to be pretty popular.

Oh! Quesadilla Shack, I get it! It’s literally a shack under a bridge, and seems to specialize in mexicoltan dishes!

I elected to not judge the owner upon realizing this. After all, the odds of her having even been remotely related to any griffons who’d attacked me a month ago were pretty much nil. Hay, she’s probably not even from the Griffon Kingdoms. Equestria did have a few Griffon settlements after all.

I got in line and waited as the four ponies in front of me placed their orders. All of the food was simple, things that could be cooked very quickly and had four or five ingredients max. While that sounded bland, everything that was handed back through the window looked and smelled great! Heck, they even had meats, which is good since my messed up biology meant I needed some of that.

I reached the window, gave the harrier patterned griffon girl a smile and asked, “Hallo! Ein- er, one bowl of cocido, with chicken instead of tofu, please.”

The waitress raised an eyebrow at me. “That’s about a kilogram of chicken. Can you eat that much without being sick?”

“Ja,” I answered, “it’s a Germane thing.”

“Alright, but if you're sick later, like the sign says,” she stopped and tapped a small carved wooden signboard by the window, “by ordering all ponies waive the right to sue if they get sick from something we serve with meat in it.”

“I’ll be fine, thank you.” I insisted.

She nodded and to my surprise I was quickly handed a tray with a bowl and a small mug by a short green stallion who was working the small kitchen. The bowl was filled with the familiar thin, tasty stew. The mug was filled with some water.

The waitress must have noticed my surprise because she gave me a smile, a thing I didn’t know griffon beaks could do. “It’s popular. Well, the tofu version. We keep a pot of it up all the time. That’s ten bits, and two bits per mug of anything else you want.”

I paid, found a table and sat down to enjoy the meal. Mexicolt dishes are pretty popular in Germany, so I’ve had cocido before. It was even one of my favorite dishes. This take on it looked particularly good, which with cocido is very important.

After all, a dish’s name that literally translates as ‘cooked thing’, is best described as, ‘This is what I could find in the fridge and some garbanzo beans. I stewed them.’ It sounds like it should be horrible, but it’s not. It is however, pretty different from region to region.

Which is why I like it.

Cocido is a rare dish that anyone can make their own. It’s not defined, it’s fluid. It has only the identity given to it by it’s maker, and some garbanzo beans.

This particular sample was pretty good! Peppery mostly, but with a hint of something interesting in there. It wasn’t amazing, but I definitely would order it again. Especially since they cooked the beans just ri-

“Hey girls.” An orange pegasus mare said as she sat down at the table next to me.

I wouldn’t have paid her any mind, but with just those two words the mare had conveyed more sadness than I thought two words could. It’s like her tone of voice was literally made of depressed.

As such, I felt the need to look up and see what the situation was. If a fight was about to break out, I could hop over a few tables…

The orange mare was a little bulky for a pegasus, closer to an earth pony in build. Perhaps that explained her undersized wings. She had a long messy mane and tail in a solid purple, the same color as her eyes actually. She also looked to be around 30, freshly an adult. Just a few years younger than me.

Her friends, or at least, the ponies she sat down with, were an earth pony and a unicorn. The Earth Pony was a creamy yellow with a red mane done up in a braid, amber eyes, and a green handkerchief tied around her neck. She also had a build like a wrestler, not bulky, but toned, she definitely did a lot of physical labor.

The unicorn was white, but fortunately not Germane white. She was sort of an eggshell, not ‘my fur has no actual color’. She had a long curly mane and tail in a bi-color smokey purple and smokey pink coloring that was rather nice. Her eyes were hidden by a pair of sunglasses with dull kiwi green lenses, which combined with her lean build gave her sort of an athletic-but-not-really look.

All in all, aside from the pegasi sounding depressed, there was nothing which would have held my attention for longer than that one look. Except for the fact that their cutiemarks were exactly the same!

Oh, sure, the emblem on each s]triped badge shaped mark was different, but they three clearly had a linked motif going on. The odds of that were… Well if there weren't these three in front of me I’d say impossible!

My gawking at their cutiemarks went unnoticed thanks to the conversation the three started the second their friend sat down.

“Bad news?” The earth pony asked in a tone suggesting she didn’t need to ask.

“The worst…” The pegasi sighed, flopping over onto the table.

“I’m sorry, Scoots.” The unicorn said, gently reaching out to give the orange pony’s hoof a squeeze. “Want to get it out of your system?”

“It’s total horseapples!” The pegasus growl-sobbed into the table before looking up. “My insurance finally goes through, I’m thirty two, I can finally make my own decisions. No foster care, no pull from my parents. I finally get to try healing potion therapy, but nope! Too old. Won’t work now. Never going to fly… Like ever…”

I felt my stomach twist into a bit of a knot. Biomancy wasn’t a common art in Equestria, but their medical magic and sciences were supposed to be good. They couldn’t fix somepony’s little wings up? Why not? I should investigate their medical comunit-

“Did they at least finally tell you why?” The earth pony asked. “I remember Dash tried to get you to a specialist but-”

“But adopted parents insurance didn’t cover me.” Scoots sighed, blinking back tears. “But yeah, they told me.”

“Well, what is it?” Her unicorn friend asked. “Now that we know maybe there’s a spell I could try to learn, or something.”

“It’s because my mom’s a crackhead!” Scoots spat.

Oh… Yes, that definitely would mess up somepony pretty good-

“And also because my dad cut my metacarpal muscles… And cauterized them…” She added.

Faust’s bleeding mane! I didn’t think two ponies as monstrous as my dad could exist at once!

“So my flight feathers never grew in right. And even if they did, I can’t actually move them properly…” She finished.

Her friends sat in silence for a long moment, then leaned over to give her a tight hug.

“I’m sorry…” The earth pony said sincerely.

“Yeah… I mean, at least he’s in jail, right?” The unicorn added. “I’m sorry your parents had to be unicorn supremacists.”

Oh for buck’s sake! I couldn’t just ignore this whole thing without being the world’s biggest asshole. Well, third biggest, after my dad and her dad apparently.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. “Hallo! Uh, I couldn’t help but overhear-”

“This is a bit of a personal moment, Miss.” The unicorn apologized.

I nodded. “Ja, right, but I’m a-”

“I know it’s a little rude to talk about stuff like this in public, but this is Scoot’s favorite restaurant, and she’s had a really bad day so if you could just leave us alone, that would be nice.” The earth pony added.

“I would,” I informed politely, “but as a trained biomancer-”

The unicorn gave me an irritated look. I understood that I was butting in on a private moment, but I could help!

“Please, just leave us alone.” The pegasus said in the most sad, dejected tone ever, not even looking at me as she did so.

“The hay I will!” I said stamping a hoof angrily. “I’m a healer, and if I can fix a pony who got cut in half before brain death sets in, I can sure as hay fix some malformed wings!”

“Wait,” the pegasus said while quickly looking over at me, “you’re the pony who saved Flash Sentry?”

I nodded. “Ja, und like eighty others… But I was using mana boosting substances at the time und that was not a go-”

“She can’t be,” the unicorn insisted, “Rarity told me that a stallion did that.”

I felt my ears fall back, half in embarrassment and half in bitter frustration. “I am a stallion… At least, physically.”

Stupid brain. Never letting me be okay with people mistaking my gender. And then enjoying things that make my girly appearance even worse in terms of people knowing I’m male.

The three gave me a long suspicious look, before the unicorn blushed deeply. “Oh my gosh! Rarity never met you in person, she totally must not have known your transgender, I’m so sorry!”

I facehooved. “Sure, ja… Let’s go with that.”

That’s easier than explaining I’m just weird. Also it’s what everypony concludes anyways.

“Look,” I asked, “I can help you. It shouldn’t even be hard. I’ve fixed lots of wings. Und not just ones that got cut off.”

“Are you joking, or are you actually able to help?” The orange pegasus asked, eyes half hopeful, half despairing.

I nodded and let my magic’s blue aura blaze to life before gently extending my magic to let me examine her left wing. “Ja, just let me take a look…”

I spent a few moments analyzing the various parts. She had been telling the truth, her wings had been clipped, and fairly early on. But they hadn’t just been cauterized, a small bit of metal had been stuck over the end of the muscle to ensure that it couldn’t ever reconnect.

That had caused a major infection, inducing necrosis of several tissues, which basically meant her wings were mostly paralyzed, only able to flap, stretch, and move at the shoulder and elbow joint. All fine control was impossible.

Not much of a problem there, I could remove the metal bits and just manually clean everything up.

I shook my head slowly. “Your father is a monster… Did they tell you there are metal caps over the muscle fibers?”

She nodded. “Yeah… They said they were too risky to remove.”

I could tell she was heartbroken, assuming I was going to say the same. So I gave her a smile. “I’m using an entirely different school of magic. Ja, it will damage your wings a lot to take them out, but I can just fix them afterwards. I’ll have to rebuild half your wing muscles anyway. It’s not much more work. As for your feathers-”

I pushed my magic deeper, going beyond the macro level to the micro. This was the tricky part, if her mother had been a drug addict, there was risk of all sorts of genetic damage, and since I couldn’t even see primary feathers on her wings…

“Ah…” I said sadly. “Ja, there’s your problem. You don’t have the genes to produce primary feathers, und other flight feathers are... Well… You know, your wings.”

Her ears drooped, tears began to well up. “So it’s hopeless? Why is it always hopeless?!” She demanded sad-angrily, slamming a hoof into the table.

“Uh, miss,” I said deadpanning, “I am a biomancer. If it’s alive, I can repair, deconstruct, or alter it almost any way I like, given enough time. All we need is some donor DNA und I can put it in there and fix you right up. We are looking at about a week’s worth of work from me here, not a big deal.”

“R-really?” Scoots asked in shocked surprise.

“You can do that?” The earth pony asked in a sort of stunned excitement.

“Ja, it’s not even hard. You just need to know how biology works und a few arcane tricks.” I said, only massively downplaying my nation’s signature art by a few hundred orders of magnitude. “Though it does help to have my talent be biomancy itself.”

“Hi, I’m Scootaloo.” Scoots greeted, holding out a hoof for me to shake. “This is Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle. How much is all this going to cost me and can we start like, now?”

“Uh, you sure you want to just let a random unicorn try a school of magic you’ve never even heard about before on you?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Scoots nodded. “Yep. Nothing else has worked. Zecora’s potions and Twilight’s magic only gave me a few hours of flying. Medical science has been useless, and Dash’s therapy can't fix clipped wings. Why wouldn’t I try mad-magic? Uh, no offense.”

She gave me a feeble grin, assuming she insulted me I guess.

I giggled. “Oh, no, I’m definitely a Mad Wizard. I did graft changeling nerve clusters into a friend of mine so he could shapechange after all.”

“Uh, you what?” The three asked together.

“Oh…” I gave them a feeble grin, realizing how that sounded. “Well, I have a friend, and he’s a very nice person, but he happened to be a species ponies really are quite racist towards. So I got some help from a mentor of mine and as I also have a changeling friend, who happened to have had a leg get blown off, and since she was able to regrow the leg, I dissected her old leg to learn what magical organelles enable changeling shifting.

“Then, once I knew what biology lets them use their magic, my mentor and I worked out how to make a synthetic copy of changeling’s arcane-biology. Sure, we could only make it so that it would let him change between a single pony form, and his old body, but still.”

“And… that uh, that worked?” Scootaloo asked slowly.

“Ja! He’s fine, und it seems to work pretty well. He’s even getting the hang of changing back und forth now.” I answered honestly. “It sounds a lot creepier than it really is. All I really did is let him use a single transformation spell. But compared to that, fixing wings isn’t really an issue.” I answered with a chuckle.

“Well, I’m convinced.” Scoots said turning to look at her friends.

“Yeah, if she can do that, she can definitely fix your wings.” Applebloom agreed. “But still, you should never trust somepony who doesn't’ give you their name.”

“Oh! It’s Azur Lily, but I go by Lily.” I answered.

“I don’t want to be mean, uh, Lily,” Sweetie said hesitantly. “But um, Scoots… You know the whole stereotypical evil monster making wizard thing right? Because you’re talking to somepony with a Germane accent who knows the magic needed to mix attributes of creatures together. Uh, no offense meant. Just, it’s a bit creepy.”

I giggled and gave her a smile. “You know, the funny thing is I actually am Germane. I just moved here actually.”

I instantly got the wide eyed stare I had been expecting.

I took a short breath and made sure to give the three of them as serious a look as I could manage. “You don’t need to worry. I’m not my father, or anypony his parents endorsed or worked for. The Art is not an inherently evil tool. Just like any tool it’s what is done with it that matters.

“My people grow up with failing organs und other terrible conditions because of one pony’s misuse of the Art. We all have great respect for what biomancy can and can’t do. I assure you I only use it in ways which help others. I also have obtained a spellcaster’s license, und ja, it has a medical spells stamp.”

“Oh!” Sweetie’s ears perked up. “You are licensed by Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns?”

I nodded, and used my magic to take the small silver stamped license from my saddlebags, holding it where she could see for a moment before putting it back.

“Good enough for me!” She replied, thoroughly convinced. “Go for it Scoots.”

Scootaloo gave her friend an odd look. “You reversed your opinion just like that?”

“Scoots, as a unicorn who went to C.S.G.U., I know for a fact that you only get your license if you pass a pretty strict ethics test. She’s fine.” Sweetie explained.

I bit my lip and looked over at my bowl of stew. No need to tell them it was an honorary license awarded for services rendered to Equestria and that I didn’t actually have to test...

“Yeah, go for it’s Scoots!” Applebloom praised eagerly, then turned to me and gave me a hard stare, eerily akin to my father's pre-beating gaze. “But if you hurt her, I’m the champion of the regional boxing league…”

“Obligatory don’t hurt my friend threat accepted.” I giggled.

Applebloom blinked, cracked a grin, then laughed. “Yeah, okay, she’s fine!”

“So do you have an office or what? Oh and what’s the cost?” Scoots asked.

I tapped a hoof to my chin in thought. How much should I charge? It was a complex process and would take about a week’s worth of work days to do along with two arcane-operations. But, I was trying to set up a business and aside from military members knowing my name and skills I had nothing in terms of ‘brand recognition.’

Additionally, I didn’t exactly need the money. Medical experts in Equestria apparently get a living stipend to ensure they can get by alright and therefore all settlements can ‘afford’ to have at least one doctor.

“Eh, call this one pro bono.” I decided.

Scoot’s gave me a shocked and horrified look. “I uh, look I really do want to fly but I’m not going to sleep with somepony for-”

Applebloom took a breath and held it to try and keep from laughing.

Sweetie belle groaned and facehooved. “Scoots… She said bono, not boner. Pro bono publico, that’s Old Equish. It means ‘for the good of the public.’”

I nodded sharing Sweetie Belle's facehoof. “Ja… It’ means I’ll do it for free. I need the word of mouth anyways.”

Scootaloo blushed a bright pink. “Oh, uh, awesome!”

Applebloom’s masterful attempt at not laughing failed. The mare almost fell out of her chair laughing as Scootaloo asked, “so uh, where do you have your office?”

“I don’t have one yet.” I answered. “I’m still getting my homeowner’s licence und I want to have a home office.”

Her eyes lit up. “Really?”

I nodded.

“Awesome!” She exclaimed. “Then I have a way to pay you! You can stay with me until you have an office! Also that means I can well um… Find you.”

I mulled the thought over in my mind for a few moments. On one hoof, I could afford a hotel room. On the other hoof, it would be best to be close enough to Scoots to get more DNA samples if I needed them while working.

“Will Brook be okay with that?” Applebloom asked, recovering from her laughing fit.

“Who?” I asked in confusion.

“Oh, she’s my roommate.” Scootaloo replied. “She’ll understand, I mean, I need to fly.”

“Huh…” I mused. “Forgive me, but I assumed that the three of you were, well…”

“Together?” Sweetie giggled, “We get that a lot. No, we’re not. Applebloom and I are, but we’re not a herd.”

“We do live in the same building though.” Scootaloo said. “It’s a duplex, and the lease said you needed four people. So they live on their side, and Brook and I live on our side. Don’t worry, she’ll understand, and our couch folds out into a bed so space isn't’ a problem.”

“Well, okay. If your roommate doesn't object, I will accept your offer.” I decided.

“Awesome! When can we start fixing these up?” Scoots asked with a little squee, giving her wings a pathetic, yet adorable flutter.

“Well, in theory,” I began, “I could do the metal extraction and muscle repair today b-”

“Awesome! My place is this way, let’s go!” Scoots exclaimed bolting off down the street.

“Uhh…” I looked after her rapidly vanishing figure, blinking in surprise. “She seems pretty eager to begin.”

“Yeah, she’s only been trying to fly since fifteen like every other pegasus.” Applebloom pointed out. “You should catch up, you’ll lose her.”

Sweetie nodded. “Yeah, we’ll catch up later. We’ll bring dinner too.”

“So you won’t tell me where to go? Because I can’t possibly catch up to her.” I admitted with a blush.

“Do you know where Applecore Lane is?” Applebloom asked.

I nodded.

“Twenty-Six Applecore Lane, apartment B.” She informed.

“It will be the one with the super hyped up pegasus in front of it.” Sweetie said, giving me a half-trusting look. “I wouldn’t want to disappoint her.”

I gave her a reassuring smile. “I won’t. I’ve made pegasi wings from scratch before. A friend’s sister wanted to be a pegasi instead of a unicorn. Took me three months, but I did it.”

Turning down the road, I walked off, whistling as I went. Running through the basics of the spells and procedures in my head as I went.