• Published 4th Feb 2016
  • 7,749 Views, 152 Comments

The Pantheon - Pylon Constructor



A guy meets a bum at a bus stop. The bum offered to turn him into whatever he dreamed to be at a small price. The man didn't believe him and jokingly said Zeus. Now, in modern times, the man rules the world, and things seem like a Percy Jackson book.

  • ...
16
 152
 7,749

4. I Have a Dream

Cloudsdale has always been in between of being a small town and a medium sized one. It isn’t so small that everyone knows everyone else, but you wouldn’t have any trouble recognizing a few familiar faces wherever you go. It’s also easy to get around, not like the time my mother took me to New York City down the Hudson River. With all the traffic and the unfamiliar layout of the city I quickly found out I was not that much of a big city girl. Not that I didn’t like it, it was just not someplace I’d like to live in.

The walk to my house didn’t take long, I didn’t live far from the school anyway. Nonetheless Wild made sure we were all but running there, he picked up his crutches on the way and started using them before we got out in public. He didn’t say why, and I didn’t ask even if I did want to know why he was using them if he could move just fine without them.

I looked over at Fluttershy as we got about a block away from my house. She had been silent and looking down the whole time and I could only assume it was about what had just happened back at school.

I honestly couldn’t blame her, I was still freaked out too.

My house finally came into sight. It was a rather simple one story home, small if compared to other fancy houses but more than enough for my mother and I.

Speaking of my mother, her name is Verdant Dash and she is as cool and nice as they come. She owns the only sporting goods store further in the town, she would sometimes brings me to work with her in the summer if Fluttershy was too busy. Normally other kids would complain about being brought to their parents place of work, but I loved it. Her store is what got me into sports.

Apparently before she opened the store she wanted to go into professional soccer, but that was before she met my dad. I never met him, and my mom didn’t want to say much, but she said he was someone very famous and important. Which made me a bit mad, if he was someone so famous and important then the least he could do was send a child support check or even just say hi every now and then.

Instead he forgets about some woman he had a kid with. Probably thinks that having a child out of wedlock would tarnish his so called importance.

When we got to the front door I fumbled with my key, I still had a bit of adrenaline from before and Wild’s constant “Hurry up!” wasn’t helping. I finally got the key into the hole and swung the door open a bit harder than I should have. It made a light bang against the wall as Wild practically shoved us into the house.

“Honey? Is that you?” My mother’s voice rang out from the kitchen, “The brownies are cooling right now so you better wait.”

“Yeah mom, it’s me. I’ve also brought friends.” I called back.

My mother stuck her head out of the kitchen entryway with a smile on her face. It dropped a bit when she took our state in, “Oh? Did something happen?”

For the briefest moment in time I saw fear flash across her face, but when I blinked it was gone. I brushed it out of my head and mumbled out, “Yeah… you could say that.”

Wild set his crutches against the wall and stood up straight, a feat I wouldn’t have believed possible if it wasn’t for the fact that I saw it earlier. He looked serious and businesslike as he stared at my mother, “Ms Dash, we need to talk.”


We found ourselves around the dining room table, my mother held her head in her hands as she sighed. “I knew this day would come, he warned me it would. I just didn’t want to accept it,” she muttered.

“It’s necessary ma’am, for your sake and hers,” Wild replied.

It was at this point that I had had enough. I slammed the palm of my hand on the table and shot up in my seat, “Would someone please tell me what’s going on?! What day is coming?! Who warned you?! What really happened back at school?!”

I was breathing heavily after that little bit of shouting. Fluttershy looked startled at my outburst, Wild looked like he simply expected it, and my mother just looked at me with sad, tearful eyes.

“It’s about your father sweetie,” my mother replied.

My father? That confused me enough to drop back into my seat.

Wild looked over at Fluttershy, “It’s about your mother too ‘Shy.”

“My mother? What about her?” the soft spoken girl asked.

I watched Wild and Fluttershy talk, not really hearing anything. I felt a weight on my right shoulder and guessed that my mom was hugging me. I looked at her and asked, “My dad hasn’t even been in our lives. What could he possibly warn you about?”

My mother bit her lip and looked over at Wild, “He would be better able to explain it. I was only told when everything might happen and where you need to go.”

Oh. So even if this whole thing was some big life changing event my father didn’t even spill the whole deal? What’s up with that?

“So, what now?” I asked her.

“Now, we need to get both of you to camp,” said Wild. “The quicker the better, both of you have started to realize who you truly are and that is a dangerous thing for the unprepared. It’s even worse with you two. I’ll explain when we are moving, we need to hurry.”

After that my mother said to pack up like I was going on a long trip, she said it was only for the summer but I should bring a lot just in case. Whatever that meant. As far as I know I was just being sent off to some camp for the summer, for my own safety or so my mother and Wild say. After shoving my things in the trunk of my mother’s Lexus Sedan in our garage I looked over at Wild and did a double take.

“Dude, did you change your pants into shag carpeting?” I asked him.

“Blah-ha-ha! It is not shag carpeting! It’s my fur!” He clutched at his supposed fur looking offended at the comparison. Even if it was apt in my opinion.

I took another look and sure enough the longer I stared the more his shag carpet pants looked like actual fur from an animal. He didn’t even have feet, just cloven hooves. “So… you’re part animal? How?”

“I’m a satyr. We’re part goat from the waist down,” he explained.

I looked down in thought. Satyr, I’d heard that word before. It was from the greek mythology course my mother had me take this year. And now that I had the chance to think about it, the vice principal turned into the description of another myth. A harpy.

I looked back up at Wild, “Satyrs are from greek myths. And the vice principal turned into a harpy right? So are you trying to say that the greek myths are somehow real?”

Wild looked nervous, “Rainbow, you should really wait until we are all on the road out of town.”

“Are you?” I pushed.

Wild licked his lips and defeatedly sighed, “Yeah. That’s what I’m trying to say.”

I looked back at my mother’s car and stared at my reflection in the tinted window. This was a whole new kind of revelation to take in. It was impossible, but everything that I’ve seen so far just proves that it’s true.

The door to the garage opened and my mother and Fluttershy walked into the small, stuffy room, carrying brown paper bags.

“Food for the road, I even brought the brownies,” my mother held up the bag full of brownies.

Wild stared at the bag intensely, drool dripping from the corner of his mouth. I didn’t think a satyr's stare could burn a hole in anything, but he was certainly trying.

“Wild, you sit up front with me. I’m going to need you for directions.”

“Yes ma’am,” Wild said.

My mother looked at Fluttershy and I, “We’ll stop by Fluttershy’s house and grab her things. Is your dad home?”

Fluttershy shook her head and softly said, “No, he’s out of state right now.”

My mother nodded her head, “Alright then. I’ll just have to explain what happened when he gets back then. Hop in everyone, it’s time to go.”

With that we all got into the car, my mother opened the garage hatch, and we sped off down the road.


I found myself standing in some sort of arena. Like the one where you’d see gladiators fighting each other in the movies. Sand was everywhere and the place looked empty and void of an audience. I looked around just to be sure, but found nothing.

Then I heard a roaring “Squee!”, too deep and deafening to belong to any sort of normal pig, come from behind me. I whipped myself around fast enough that I thought I’d break my spine. There was a large, hellish looking black boar with blood stains on its hide and bits of flesh stuck on it’s massive tusks roaring up at an elegant and pristine looking owl. Off to the side was a large majestic eagle sitting on the back of one of the chairs in the arena audience cawing loudly at the two other animals.

The two animals ignored the other bird. The owl dive bombed the boar, trying to claw its eyes out. The boar retaliated by backing up and trying to goar the bird with one of its humongous tusks. The owl dodged the attack and started circling the boar, waiting for another attack.

Meanwhile the eagle was constantly trying to fly off its seat in an attempt to stop the fighting animals, but a tremendous gust of air kept it from taking flight. It dejectedly landed back on the chair, cawing once more at the other two animals. The owl's flying didn’t look affected by the random air current and tried attacking the boar once again.

I somehow knew I needed to stop the animals from fighting. I tried moving, but the same gust of air that kept the eagle from flying also kept me from moving forward. I couldn’t even say a word, every attempt at speaking was lost in the strong wind. The last thing I saw was the sky shaking.


I gasped as I woke up, sweat lining my face as I remembered the crazy and strange dream i just had. I looked out the window of my mother’s car, we seemed to have traveled a good distance while I slept.

“Rainbow? You alright?” the worried voice of my mother rang out in the small car.

I looked to the front of the car and could see my mother casting worried glances in the rearview mirror. Wild and Fluttershy were also looking at me in concern. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and gave them a smile, “Yeah, I’m fine. Just a weird dream.”

Yeah, it was just a weird dream. Nothing else.

Author's Note:

I wanted this to be a longer chapter, but dragging it on wouldn't do much.

Anyway, I want to write this story. I really do. The reason for not doing anything for five months was because I was patiently waiting for someone, anyone really, to contact me for a review into the Displaced group. I got nothing, which is unacceptable in my opinion. That is waaaaay too long of a wait.

Nonetheless, I guess I'll write the story anyway. Might as well not waste the story I have in my head.